AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 05:13   Link #81
Sides

Anime looks OK, but it feels dated. If this series was made 5-10 years ago it would be something interesting, but today it feels like recycled material. Probably going to drop it if something better comes up this season.

Information I got form the first episode so far.
Main character. He lives alone, is an average dude with some kind of supernatural power, apparently, and has knowledge about paranormal things. Remarks, he has a collection of little girls clothes, including underwear, so probably a cross dresser.
Secondly a box that turns into a girl, or the other way around. Apparently she knows nothing about human life, like what a TV is, but knows what a vacuum cleaner and washing machine do.
Third main characters childhood friend that looks like a character from an anime/LN/Eroge form the 2000's, and kind of sticks out because of her design.

If i was a pro reviewer, I would say the first episode is a big mess. But I do like the ED.

Just figured out it is based on a light novel, so dropped

Last edited by Sides; 2011-10-02 at 06:34.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 05:20   Link #82
Qikz

I actually thought that was pretty awesome. I didn't know anything about it beforehand and was pleasently suprised. The osananajimi character is just the best. <33
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 05:26   Link #83
Forsaken_Infinity

Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
Spoiler for offtopic/rant/whatever:

Anyway, the show itself seemed too much like a generic harem. It seemed so much like one that I figured there had to be a catch and lo and behold, it's apparently a troll (didn't "really" know about that until after I watched the first episode since I stayed clear of this one altogether somehow o_O). I hope shit hits the fan soon. They don't seem to be willing to wait much longer considering the villain was introduced already too and you can read menace in her tone.

In any case, I will be back next episode if only for
Spoiler:
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:06   Link #84
TheEroKing
Akari Edition

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Episode 1

So it's not the typical naked loli in a box but a delicious naked loli who is the box. DO WANT! DO WANT one of those!

Oh and nice to see there wasn't any kind of censoring

Last edited by TheEroKing; 2011-10-02 at 07:57.
TheEroKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:20   Link #85
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

I was curious about Konoha slicing up everything, then I saw that one snippet from the Light Novel and realized who she was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 1

So it's not the typical naked loli in a box but a delicious naked loli who is the box. DO WANT! DO WANT one of those!
Need more sexual innuendo box jokes... Just as how last summer we have "Children are the best", this alone might be enough to make this show stand out... Even before the blood-letting happens.

Quote:
Oh and nice to see there wasn't and kind of censoring
Very surprising indeed.

P.S - Shouldn't you change it to 'Tamura Yukari ♥' ?
Old 2011-10-02, 06:45   Link #86
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Hm. I actually have no idea what I thought of this - though bloody hell, Fiya and Konoha were utterly hilarious.

I know Fiya isn't human, but I'd love to know how it is possible to so many things so badly wrong - found it brilliant that she claimed Yachi had been such a perv, placing his hands all over her 'body' when trying to figure out what the 'box' was. Makes me wonder about which parts of Fiya's 'body' had been touched up by Yachi...yikes

Also, I think we have Fall 2011's version of yandere right here - Konoha. Found the random breaking of cutlery from her somewhat bizarre - then I saw what her surname is through wiki. Not quite so surprised any more - but it's just as impressive that C3 takes her surname quite so literally

Yep, quite enjoyed the first episode - and the ED (or is it the OP?) was actually very good
viperdk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 07:53   Link #87
TheEroKing
Akari Edition

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
It's the OP, a lot of anime these days use the OP after the end of the 1st episode.

Here's a gif of the beautiful animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
P.S - Shouldn't you change it to 'Tamura Yukari ♥' ?
Done
Old 2011-10-02, 08:06   Link #88
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Just like how Seto no Hanayome's Merpeople are afraid of cats, and how Ikamusume is afraid of inflatable Orcas, it's strangely appropriate how Fear hates/fears spiders because they cover her body with their webs

I'm guessing she's not a fan of those box-cutters as well then...
Old 2011-10-02, 10:53   Link #89
Roxasvsriku
★★★★★
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Spoiler for offtopic/rant/whatever:

Anyway, the show itself seemed too much like a generic harem. It seemed so much like one that I figured there had to be a catch and lo and behold, it's apparently a troll (didn't "really" know about that until after I watched the first episode since I stayed clear of this one altogether somehow o_O). I hope shit hits the fan soon. They don't seem to be willing to wait much longer considering the villain was introduced already too and you can read menace in her tone.

In any case, I will be back next episode if only for
Spoiler:
I agree about the subs, hopefully a better group picks it up.

Anyways a pretty funny episode to say the least, Fiya certainly made a mess of things. Love the op and the villian looks pretty badass as well. Will follow this one.
Roxasvsriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 11:27   Link #90
Kitsu Breaker

Guys. somebody can explain this pic of the Light novel? is a big spoiler...

Spoiler for Spoier:
Old 2011-10-02, 11:44   Link #91
kemal_1915

The first ep is a lie
harem, slice of life, love comedy...
the truth will be told in next ep
and i'm looking forward to it
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 11:50   Link #92
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

First episode was downright hilarious. Fear (almost literally) tore the house down with her understanding of 'cleaning'. And I just love Yukari Tamura's voice.

Now, if only I could get my hands on such a cursed item myself...
Old 2011-10-02, 12:00   Link #93
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
The first ep is a lie
Having that in mind all episode, I was tense something gruesome might pop up at any moment Glad they played it safe for the introduction episode and actually focus on the comedy aspect and succeed at it.

@Kitsu Breaker : since it's from the 9th LN, not sure the anime will cover those events. Also I assume this is pure fanservice (but hope I'm wrong~).
Old 2011-10-02, 12:00   Link #94
Dahak86
Occasional Member

Quote:
Episode 1

Quote:
Here's a gif of the beautiful animation

dammit, you're 2 fast 2 furious! and here I was thinking of GIF'ing the very same scenes...

well, 1st eppy turned out to be quite a decent watch and relatively funny.
as long as the show can keep on delivering such 'delicious service' like in TheEroKing's GIFs, I'm in.

- But if what I've heard is to be believed, guess I'll have to drop it very soon. I'm not a kid anymore, and I'm no longer interested in any boring and excessive blood/violence -
Old 2011-10-02, 12:27   Link #95
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Main character. He lives alone, is an average dude with some kind of supernatural power, apparently, and has knowledge about paranormal things. Remarks, he has a collection of little girls clothes, including underwear, so probably a cross dresser.
Make sense since it is Satorigatame who is also known for being a shota/trap doujin artist.
Old 2011-10-02, 13:26   Link #96
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
I certainly didn't expect such start considering the premises and one of the trailers, but looking back at the director's previous series, it isn't that surprising.

Anyway, a quirky start with quite a blazing pace, which isn't too bad, since this kind of mood is often dragged way too much nowadays.
Yukarin pulls yet a very dynamic performance, which makes Fear quite amusing.

Hopefully, the meat of the story will show up soon, as shown by that post ED sequence.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 14:03   Link #97
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

First ep was pleasant but bland, a cross between Denpa Onna and Kore wa Zombie. Best thing was the visuals, where were classic Oonuma Shin and featured some gorgeous shots. But I also get the sense based on the buzz that this was a stealth premiere, and the weird is going to seriously kick in soon.
Old 2011-10-02, 14:27   Link #98
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by APNki View Post
The news is that Commie fansubs are currently subbing the show right now. It's listed in their current plans for the new season.
Skimmed the first few minutes of their release. More competent, you probably won't misunderstand anything important, but they still guessed or mistranslated a bunch of lines (at least two in the opening monologue), and this is mostly just personal preference but I think a lot of nuance was lost in translation.

Still, barring a better group, go with them.
Old 2011-10-02, 14:30   Link #99
jzmagic
flargansbog

So is there no rom/com in this after the 1st episode?
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 14:37   Link #100
ookamigirl

So... naked girl from funny looking box... not weird at all.
Haruaki sure is starting to collect a little harem.
Konoha vs Fiya... such rivalry. Those 2 can't stand each other.
OMG, that girl is like a tornado, her cleaning skills are hazardous!

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen