AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-10, 11:01   Link #1
delirium
Banned

Reordering & Renaming Categories & Sub-Forums

It cannot be sensibly denied that changes are necessary on this forum, dearest administratative & moderation team. One of the most obvious signs of this are in the "Anime Related Topics" forum. Most of the forums have evolved beyond their initial purpose, if they ever held true to them in the first place, and by initial purpose I mean the descriptions of the sub-forums in the afforementioned category.

What I'm suggesting is this: The Anime Related Topics forum is either renamed to a more suitable title to better describe the sub-forums contained within, or a new category is created and the questionable sub-forums be placed within that new category. "Music" and "Games" are used to discuss more than just music & video games in relation to anime & Japanese culture. So what I think would be best for those two would be that they are moved into a category along the lines of "Media", and in doing so you could add the much needed Movies sub-forum. It makes no sense to have them discussed in General Discussion when Music & Games have their own sub-forums.

General Anime, Manga & Light Novels, and Fansub Groups could be merged into Anime Discussion or given their own category, but the former seems more appropriate and sensible than the latter. It is ultimately up to the administration to decide this. Fan Creations too could be renamed "Graphic Design" and either be placed in the afforementioned "Media" category or take a different route and be moved with Manga & Light Novels, and General Anime into wherever they would go. "Suggestions" would be best put being moved into the Media category with the rest of afforementioned sub-forums. Actually, it may be better just to rename the Anime Related Topics to something along the lines of "Media" and just move the Fansub Groups sub-forum into the Anime Discussion category.

I suppose the forum would look like something along the lines of the following picture if what I'm suggesting is realized.

What I'm suggesting isn't a big change. It's more of a reordering of the forum and it's categories, and adding a new sub-forum and renaming some others, and also changing the descriptions of the sub-forums to better describe what is discussed within them. I think this is necessary to change the forum a little bit, it hasn't really changed since 2004. Nothing should remain as it was nearly a decade ago. We must change to suit the times while maintaining what makes AnimeSuki the best forum to discuss anime, general media, and make lasting friendships. This is necessary! I hope this request will be taken into serious consideration.
Old 2011-04-10, 12:23   Link #2
CrowKenobi

Did you miss this thread: New "CR" links, wouldn't it be better if... ?

(more or less the discussion that led up to the current arrangement)

Old 2011-04-10, 12:42   Link #3
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Did you miss this thread: New "CR" links, wouldn't it be better if... ?

(more or less the discussion that led up to the current arrangement)
Is that thread pertinent to what I am proposing? Most of that thread seems to be in relation to where to put licensed shows. There doesn't seem to be much discussion with regards to adding a Movies sub-forum, changing the description of sub-forums in the "Anime Related" category, or renaming the "Anime Related" category to something along the lines of "Media". It seems the only way that this thread and that thread are similar is in the mentioning of the "Fansubs" sub-forum.

That thread's main discussion is about restructuring the "Anime Discussion" category, whereas mine is concerning the "Anime Related" category. It's a big difference once you consider the topics being discussed in both categories. "Anime Discussion" is only about anime. It is where you discuss current anime series airing, older anime series, and upcoming series. The discussions within the "Anime Related" category are typically no longer in relation to anime these days. I also feel it's important to bring up the need for a "Movies" sub-forum. This is why I am bringing up restructuring the "Anime Related" category. I have no complaints with the way the "Anime Discussion" category is structured.

Last edited by delirium; 2011-04-10 at 12:54.
Old 2011-04-10, 13:14   Link #4
CrowKenobi

I mentioned that thread because of the steps that were gone through when the forum was reorganized.

But I guess the main question is: why? Saying that "it's old and needs to be changed" is not a good reason; what you're suggesting is adding layers to a situation that doesn't need any more layers.

Old 2011-04-10, 13:55   Link #5
delirium
Banned

You're mistaken, CrowKenobi. I'm not suggesting adding anything beyond a Movies sub-forum. Every other suggestion I've posted has to do with renaming the "Anime Related" category to something more appropriate, and changing the descriptions of the sub-forums to suit what most of the sub-forums have evolved into.

It's not like I'm suggesting that the forum be gutted and put back together. Everything I've discussed are mostly skin deep changes. I thought "why" was fairly obvious too. Renaming "Anime Related" to something more appropriate is sensible due to the fact that plenty of the discussions in that category are not anime or Japanese culture related. As far as a movie sub-forum is concerned, why do we have a music sub-forum? Why do we have a video games sub-forum? There are plenty of threads discussing various films in General Discussion. There have been more than enough to give them their own sub-forum.

The changes I am suggesting are effective and not time consuming. Why continue to have improper descriptions for sub-forums? Nostalgia? I think that would be nonsense. While we're changing the descriptions of the sub-forums, why not revamp the Anime Related forum to be about media in general rather than anime related? The latter part isn't even necessarily true anymore.

Last edited by delirium; 2011-04-10 at 14:09.
Old 2011-04-10, 14:50   Link #6
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Fan Creations too could be renamed "Graphic Design" and either be placed in the afforementioned "Media" category or take a different route and be moved with Manga & Light Novels,
Fan Creations has several non-graphic design threads, to rename the forum like this, could potentially lead to several people wanting to leave and have a section for fan made writing, music, photography and anything else not related with photoshop and the like.

Splitting fan created content into several sub-forums has already been considered (and rejected) in the past. Fan Creations is there to welcome all sort of fan made content and not just that made with a graphic program like photoshop

And I don't understand why FC should be moved together with manga and light novels, btw.
Old 2011-04-10, 15:41   Link #7
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Fan Creations has several non-graphic design threads, to rename the forum like this, could potentially lead to several people wanting to leave and have a section for fan made writing, music, photography and anything else not related with photoshop and the like.

Splitting fan created content into several sub-forums has already been considered (and rejected) in the past. Fan Creations is there to welcome all sort of fan made content and not just that made with a graphic program like photoshop

And I don't understand why FC should be moved together with manga and light novels, btw.
I never said Fan Creations should be moved, Daniel E. I suggested it be renamed to Graphic Design, but you are quite right about it encompassing more than just graphic design. Perhaps a more apt name that will encompass all of the workings inside the sub-forum?

Fan Creations implies it is work done by fans of whatever anime series is the subject of the art being put out(be it a drawing, graphic design, painting, writing, photography, or a video of some sorts). There isn't an overwhelming need to change the name, only thought on that would be to make it fit with the renamed category. Splitting up the sub-forum into multiple sub-forums is indeed unnecessary. "Fan Creations" could retain it's name for the sake of nostalgia, and we could describe it as the sub-forum that encompasses all manner of creative exertions.

Thanks for pointing out Manga & Visual Novels, Daniel E. I totally forgot about it! That sub-forum would indeed add a small degree of difficulty were we to revamp it. By default, Visual Novels(Being a game at it's core) doesn't belong being paired with Manga, a non-interactive media.

Manga & Visual Novels would be the hardest forum to revamp due to the fact that all the Visual Novels related threads would have been moved to the Games forum. Why was an interactive media and a non-interactive media paired together for a sub-forum to begin with? I like the idea of separating the two, adding western comics & books into the manga section for a sort of Literature sub-forum, but the administrative team would have to separate 1,460 threads into two categories, and that would be awfully time-consuming and an unappealing task for anybody.

I can't ask somebody to do something that I wouldn't do myself, so therefore I am happy to volunteer my own time to see that task to it's completion if the administrative and moderation teams would allow me to do so.

You may say, "But delirium, AnimSuki's forum is about fansubbing!". But, is that necessarily true? Yes, the main website is a sort of directory for unlicensed, fansubbed anime, but what of the forums? Have they evolved beyond their original purpose? It is indeed so. The tasks I am suggesting may seem daunting, but most are relatively easy to fulfill. The hardest task would be separating Manga & Visual Novels into proper categories. None can argue that a non-interactive media and a interactive media do not belong paired together. But is this necessary? Will the forum look better by the time it is done? And I think it will. General Discussion will be less cluttered, and the "Anime Related" category will a better defined purpose along with it's sub-forums. Books, western comics, and manga are a perfect fit for another. Visual Novels are inherently video games and belong together. Movies and television could also be put together in a single sub-forum, that being the "Movies & Television" sub-forum.

Threads pertaining to certain topics will be easier to find, forums will be less cluttered, and I for one think it will encourage members to contribute to the forum more as well.

Here's an overview, since the things become more convoluted as they're discussed.

"Media Category"
Literature sub-forum(Manga, Western Comics, Books)
Movies & Television sub-forum(Western/Eastern Movies & Television)
Games sub-forum(Visual Novels, Video Games, Tabletop, and Card games)
Fan Creation sub-forum(Creative writing, drawing, painting, and graphic design)
Suggestions sub-forum(Have your fellow members help you find new media to enjoy, and help them too)
Music sub-forum(Eastern/Western Music of all varieties)
Anime sub-forum(For discussion of anime that doesn't belong in "Anime Discussion" category).
Fansub Groups sub-forum(Discussion of fansubs(Inherently a creative venture, but is broad enough to retain it's independence. It would be fine in the Media category)

Those are not the descriptions I would use for the sub-forums, but they suitable for the sake of discussion.

Last edited by delirium; 2011-04-10 at 16:03.
Old 2011-04-10, 15:55   Link #8
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Fansubs have nothing to do with Anime discussion. They are their own category.
Games has more then just video games.
Graphic Design is just a subset of Fan Creation.
Anime Movies get their own thread and go into Current Series (So we can find them!)
Other Movies go in General Chat. (this is a anime forum)
Old 2011-04-10, 16:09   Link #9
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Fansubs have nothing to do with Anime discussion. They are their own category.
Games has more then just video games.
Graphic Design is just a subset of Fan Creation.
Anime Movies get their own thread and go into Current Series (So we can find them!)
Other Movies go in General Chat. (this is a anime forum)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium
"Media Category"
Suggestions sub-forum(Have your fellow members help you find new media to enjoy, and help them too)
Anime sub-forum(For discussion of anime that doesn't belong in "Anime Discussion" category).
Fansub Groups sub-forum(Discussion of fansubs(Inherently a creative venture, but is broad enough to retain it's independence. It would be fine in the Media category)
I edited that in while you posting in all likelihood. I'd have to say Anime movies that have their own series should go into the Anime Discussion category and sub-forum/thread for it's series. Whereas movies such as ones put out by Studio Ghibli would belong in either the General Anime sub-forum(which could be broadened to allow western cartoon discussions as well in that sub-forum) or the Movies & Television sub-forum, but I would prefer that Animated movies of all varieties go into their own sub-forum with similar works, such as the General Anime forum if they do not belong to a larger series(Such as Naruto).

I really hope nobody will say that my suggestions would make the forum more complex than it already is, because I honestly don't think they will. It's of the utmost importance that we describe the sub-forums better than they are right now. And this forum will always be about anime, the category dedicated to it will always ensure that, but we should make it easier for people to discuss and find threads with subjects not pertaining to anime. The "Anime Related" category is already the Media forum in all forms with the exception of it's name. The forum itself is no longer dedicated to fansubbing. It's evolved beyond that, as has the community. Why deny it?

Last edited by delirium; 2011-04-10 at 16:27.
Old 2011-04-10, 16:51   Link #10
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
I really hope nobody will say that my suggestions would make the forum more complex than it already is.
Your suggestions makes the forum more complex than it already is.

In all fairness, to many the current layout is a habit. If you change the layout as it is now, it's automatically complex and confusing. And, I have to say, AS's layout atm is really good compared to many forums out there. The only thing that might need some edits are the appointed "related to anime" subheadings for thing such as Music or Gaming. The splitting of categories into more categories with alternate categories (as it sounds to me. "Yo dawg...") you're proposing is very confusing.

The layout atm, IMO, is close to perfect as is. My two cents.

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
Old 2011-04-10, 16:58   Link #11
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Your suggestions makes the forum more complex than it already is.

In all fairness, to many the current layout is a habit. If you change the layout as it is now, it's automatically complex and confusing. And, I have to say, AS's layout atm is really good compared to many forums out there. The only thing that might need some edits are the appointed "related to anime" subheadings for thing such as Music or Gaming. The splitting of categories into more categories with alternate categories (as it sounds to me. "Yo dawg...") you're proposing is very confusing.

The layout atm, IMO, is close to perfect as is. My two cents.
There are 41 sub-forums in the Older Anime Series sub-category, has that made it more complex or has it made it easier to discuss individual popular anime series/subjects?

I don't think adding an extra sub-forum to the Anime Related/"Media" category and broadening what can be discussed in a few sub-forums will make it complex in any way. It will make it easier to navigate and discuss what is on your mind.

That is all that will occur, folks. It's not so bad. This isn't complicated at all, is it? All of my ideas would be effective in simplifying discussion of non-anime discussion, while keeping the forum primarily about anime, opening more discussions, cleaning up General Discussion, and updating sub-forum descriptions to reflect what is actually being discussed within. These are not very difficult to implement, great, and logical ideas. There are no downsides to these suggestions. Nostalgia is fine and dandy, but we need to put it in it's place, and not let it hinder this forum from growing at the same pace as our community is.

Last edited by delirium; 2011-04-10 at 18:37.
Old 2011-04-10, 18:56   Link #12
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Honestly, doesn't the forum work fine the way it is now? I've never seen any major problem with having movie and book threads based in the General Discussion board. I don't see any reason to change how it is now when what we have is working just fine. Don't fix what isn't broken, and all of that.

Just my thought.
Old 2011-04-10, 18:59   Link #13
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
The problem is that this is supposed to be a forum about anime, specifically about the fansubbed anime Animesuki links to.

The problem is that this isn't the case. The forum has evolved and changed. The Games section is "supposed" to be only anime-related games, but it's full of Western titles that have less than nothing to do with anime. I myself put a good two dozen plus posts into the Dragon Age II thread. This game has nothing to do with anime.

By the forum's current organizational rules, it should be in General Chat, because Games is "supposed" to be only anime-related games.

The organizational style used is pretty much perfect--if the message board contained only anime related discussion. It doesn't; and in fact, it has gone far beyond simply discussing anime and anime-related products. This message board has become something of a community in of itself, separate from the anime and manga itself, yet with all members united by a love for the medium.

So the categories ought to be tweaked--for instance, someone earlier this week started a thread in General Chat about gaming because they read the description of the "Games" subforum. Which clearly and specifically states that only anime-related games go here. But we have lots of games we want to talk about, and by lumping all of this stuff into General, we'd just have a big confusing mess.

I think the subforums labeled "anime-related" and are filled with things that have less than nothing to do with anime should be adjusted. It confuses the newbs!

Edit: A subforum for movies would really be welcome, too, since they clutter General Chat up rather badly.
Old 2011-04-10, 19:03   Link #14
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You are incorrect, from a website usability perspective. Thinking of categories as “where it logically should go” is the common mistaken way of doing things. (as a rule of thumb) Layout that requires more thinking is ALWAYS worse! However, the designer can not grasp the complexity, since he or she doesn’t need to think; being their design they know the layout from short term memory and as a consequence of the thought process that went into making it.

User’s are like water, they will always take the shortest obvious route. Unless you’re autistic (self-aware) the part of the brain that deals in logical connection is OFF by default. Thus, relying on logic for navigation is futile. User’s are more likely to go to another site/page, and click there that leads to where they want to go, then “think” about your navigation system. Same goes for memory; users only use short term memory, anything but the page they came from, and an idea of where they need to go is a complete blank. So what does this means? Basically you might as well think of users as a chimpanzee with a word list. User’s never read a page (even on first viewing), they only scan it; and it’s a visual exercise. Because this is a visual exercise, users behavior is visual in nature. For example, it’s been scientifically proven that user’s ignore common page elements such as navigation (breadcrums) and ads (or what looks like ads). More importantly however, users scan for key words. Even when you scroll the main page, you’re not really reading the page, you’re just making a match. Two other elements factor into this search: grouping and patterns. Grouping is self explanatory, patterns I’ll try to explain using video games as a example

Let’s take the following menu layout:
  • Campaign
  • Skirmish
  • Multiplayer
  • Options
  • Exit
Let’s say I change it like so:
  • Campaign
  • Oranges
  • Skirmish
  • Multiplayer
  • Apples
  • Options
  • Exit
Even though I didn’t remove any of the previous navigation, it’s now suddenly confusing. This is because I broke the pattern. Several things happen. First of all, people will get confused as to what Oranges and Apples do. Logically, it’s obvious what they do, they do something that has to do with apples and oranges. However when in navigation mode we don’t use logic, so people will use intuition, meaning everyone will go to the option to find out what it does the so-called “hard way.” Until they do so, they’ll be confused and in denial. If tasked to say start a fight with the Ai, they’ll be slow to start; by comparison to the original layout. Simple if I stray from the pattern like so…
  • Conquest
  • Practice
  • Vs. Person
  • Change Audio and Graphics
  • Leave
…people will again become confused.

Anyway, basically “less is more” and “practical thinking beats plain categorization.”

Your layout proposal isn’t anywhere near sufficiently better then the current layout. As a matter of opinion I find it worse, however objectively, if it is or not is far too deep of a discussion. My point is not that the current one is better (or even good), because it isn’t, however because it’s functional and has been here for some time you have to come up with something really good and solid to warrant the change.
Quote:
"Media Category"
Quote:
“Animesuki doesn’t try to do everything. This is an anime community.” These are not my thoughts, but site policy. If you want to discuss those things there are better established communities.
Quote:
Already exists. And deals with more then that. Also, as per the explanation above, it should be obvious the name is not exactly the best choice. When scanning people will search for: graphics, gfx, signatures, art, drawing, photography, writing, fan fiction. “Fan Creation” is a good as a umbrella but too unique; it won’t get scanned properly, and time has proven this to be true.
Quote:
One Suggestion forum is enough…
Quote:
One Music forum is enough; and for what it’s worth it’s unused as is.
Quote:
And what is that suppose to mean? Apples that don’t belong in the Apples category are what exactly?
Quote:
One Fansub Groups forum is enough.
If you think creating a forum suddenly means discussion will just pop up, then you are mistaken. Take the current inactive or semi-active forums as evidence to the fact (be it series or otherwise). You want a forum, create demand.
Quote:
There are 41 sub-forums in the Older Anime Series sub-category, has that made it more complex or has it made it easier to discuss individual popular anime series/subjects?
Their ordered alphabetically rather then from newest to oldest or grouped. Personally I find it a pain and hardly ever go there. Searching for needles in a haystack isn’t fun. A better alternative would be to always hide the subforums and show only ones we specify. Too bad subscribing to a forum doesn’t have this effect.
Old 2011-04-10, 19:23   Link #15
delirium
Banned

Quote:
First four paragraphs of felix's reply.
People are not as simple as you think, we do read in-between the lines. These changes would hardly go unnoticed, and would in fact relieve confusion that many newer members are having. That is proof enough that these changes are necessary. We have a perfectly good Games sub-forum, and there is still a Warhammer 40k thread in General Discussion. It is a tabletop game, do you see the problem in it being in the General Discussion sub-forum?

Quote:
“Animesuki doesn’t try to do everything. This is an anime community.” These are not my thoughts, but site policy. If you want to discuss those things there are better established communities.
AnimeSuki has evolved beyond being only about anime and fansubbing. I've said this enough, don't you understand that? I'm getting this horrible feeling that most negative reactions to my suggestions will be less about their merit and more about the scary and horrifying prospect of change. I get that it's scary, it's motivated by nostalgia. We need to put that in it's proper place, and not let it hinder this forum.

My suggestions would hardly be turning AnimeSuki into a jack-of-all-trades. These are simple changes that will correct the problems I've covered in previous replies to this thread.

Quote:
Already exists. And deals with more then that. Also, as per the explanation above, it should be obvious the name is not exactly the best choice.
I think you don't understand that my suggestions are not about making a new forum category, but about revamping the existing "Anime Related" category into something that reflects what the forum is actually being used for? Most of the sub-forums are not exclusively used to discuss their primary subjects anymore. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Quote:
When scanning people will search for: graphics, gfx, signatures, art, drawing, photography, writing, fan fiction. “Fan Creation” is a good as a umbrella but too unique; it won’t get scanned properly, and time has proven this to be true.
I agree that Fan Creation as a title for the Fan Creation/Creative Exertions forum is way too narrow to describe what that sub-forum is actually used for.

Quote:
One Suggestion forum is enough…
Yes it is, that's why it will remain unchanged. I thought I clearly stated that this would be a revamp of the existing "Anime Related" category into something more useful and less confusing.

Quote:
One Music forum is enough; and for what it’s worth it’s unused as is.
Yep, the only thing changing about the music forum would be it's description to something more appropriate, to involve the music beyond it's relation to anime and Japanese culture.

Quote:
And what is that suppose to mean? Apples that don’t belong in the Apples category are what exactly?
No, it's a great place for people to discuss western cartoons, and non-anime series related animated movies.

Quote:
One Fansub Groups forum is enough.[/indent]
I am not suggesting creating a new category. I am suggesting that the "Anime Related" category be revamped into something more useful and less confusing.

Quote:
Searching for needles in a haystack isn’t fun.
And yet that is what we are doing with the General Discussion forum with regards to books, western comics, movies, and television.

This is becoming convoluted. The below image is of my ideas for the "Anime-Related" category. This will not be a new category in itself, it will be a revamp of the "Anime-Related" category. These changes are not big, as you will see below.

Old 2011-04-10, 20:15   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Okay, well, thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid that I'm putting this to an end. Your attitude of "this needs to change, I'm right, and everyone else who doesn't agree must be scared of change" is incredibly arrogant. You're certainly welcome to present suggestions and argue their merit, but don't expect that just because you say so everyone should agree.

Quote:
These are not very difficult to implement, great, and logical ideas. There are no downsides to these suggestions.
I can't even believe that you actually wrote this. This is a horrible, horrible negotiation tactic. Believing in your own ideas is good and necessary, but making any change requires discussion and compromise. Consider that, actually, a lot of time and effort went into the current forum structure, and there are reasons for keeping it as is that you may not even have considered (that go far beyond "nostalgia" and "fear of change"). But with this sort of attitude, you've basically killed any hope that most anyone would give your ideas serious consideration.

The crux of your proposed changes is to broaden out the categories to cover more topics that go even further afield from our core anime demographic. Your argument is that discussion in those sections has been allowed to grow in those ways anyway, so this reorganization is a recognition of the topics already being discussed. But what you have not fully considered is that such a move is visible, positional shift that does in fact encourage broader discussion outside of our niche, and there is not necessarily broad interest among the staff in broadening that focus (beyond what we already see in General Chat and elsewhere).

As one small example (one of many), you may not be aware that there is potentially-significant animosity and disagreement between fans of "anime" and fans of Western animation. While there is some overlap in the fan bases, the last thing we want is to provide an environment where more fan wars will occur. Having a small "Other Animation" forum inside a broader anime-focused forum has a very strong potential of creating a sort of ghetto-ized environment where vibrant discussion of the medium will not actually occur. Not to mention, as was already pointed out, the potential to confuse people who will try to post upcoming anime series into the "Animation" sub-forum. I really feel that this is a niche we would not serve well, even if added, so I would rather see people discuss this topic on more suitable forums elsewhere on the Internet. Of course that is just my personal opinion, and other members of the staff my have their own point of view, but that is the sort of thinking that resulted in our current forum structure.

I would say that, in general terms, we are not interesting in creating clearly-defined areas to discuss matters that sway too far from our core area of focus, even if they are tangentially related. The sub-forums we have now are catch-alls, and we allow them to have some flexibility to discuss matters not directly related (in line with the interests of the forum members). But we don't have the moderation manpower (or interest) to suitably moderate sub-forums that stray too far afield from the common interests of most of the staff and members. This is why we have the ultimate catch-all, "General Chat", for topics that really don't fit anywhere else. While this isn't ideal, it accomplishes the purpose of keeping the focus of the forum where it is.

By the way, "Light Novels" are not "Visual Novels". Visual Novels are already discussed in the Games sub-forum. Light Novels, being books, are discussed together with Manga in the same forum.

And one last thing:
Quote:
It cannot be sensibly denied that changes are necessary on this forum, dearest administratative & moderation team.
Suggestion: next time, don't start a proposal this way. Because you can guess what's going to happen pretty much every time you do this: Denied.