AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-06, 00:24   Link #2021
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Within the stacks. . .waiting to devour you. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Episode 17:
* Dammit, everybody is useless except for Yuu. That's basically the big problem I have with the show.
Well, Kanji being inspired and all seems to indicate we'll be seeing some upgrades soon enough.

On another note, I'm rather glad the foreshadowing's a lot stronger than the game's. For the sharp-eyed, at least.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 01:10   Link #2022
Kurbul
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I think Yuu doesn't cast Mudoon,he cast Sukunda at Naoto's Shadow.Rise says that she need to be slowed so only Sukunda/Masukunda that have slow effect(reducing agility)

It looks like Dojima and Nanako S.Link episode first,then maybe after that Beauty/Trap Pageant episode with Sun S.Link(?)

Last edited by Kurbul; 2012-02-06 at 01:24.
Kurbul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 02:17   Link #2023
Kimidori
Let's Play
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbul View Post
I think Yuu doesn't cast Mudoon,he cast Sukunda at Naoto's Shadow.Rise says that she need to be slowed so only Sukunda/Masukunda that have slow effect(reducing agility)
1st: Sunkuna is green
2nd: the anime seem to be faithful with persona's skill and Mot have no Sukunda
3rd: the way Mot cast the spell, what the spell look like and the sound effect clearly indicate it was Mudo(on)
4th: Sukunda is 100% hit but Shadow Naoto dooesn't seem to slow down
__________________

Last edited by Kimidori; 2012-02-06 at 02:28.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 06:06   Link #2024
zero7090
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
dont forget the sleep over at Yukiko house
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 23:58   Link #2025
piccahoe
Pain & Determination
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: somewhere in north cali
hey hey wheres the gif of kuma doing a barrier roll out???? a gif is neeeded!!!!!!
__________________
"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. "

-Albert Einstein.
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 12:25   Link #2026
Soconfused
Old God Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: you....don't wanna know
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Can't wait for next episode. Nanako's SL is one of the best, and putting it with Dojima's is a good idea.

"do you think I'd go to Heaven if I died?"

HHNNNGG, my heart....
__________________
What exactly is the point of becoming powerful if one cannot indulge the hedonistic opportunities that come with it?
Soconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 23:44   Link #2027
piccahoe
Pain & Determination
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: somewhere in north cali
useless??

they would have turned old if they didn't use kuma as a shield!! and yuu and the others would still be old if it weren't for Kuma.
__________________
"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. "

-Albert Einstein.
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 17:08   Link #2028
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Truthfully for me, Yuu keeps getting upgrades and new personas for no reason what so ever. They just appear out of nowhere and he magically knows them all.

Why doesn't anyone else get any new Personas'? How exactly are they worse than him? If anything Yuu is a very plain character, especially as a main. He barely has any personality, I truthfully have no idea why everyone in the show loves him.

He is not bad and has his moments but over all nothing outstanding at all.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 17:25   Link #2029
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Truthfully for me, Yuu keeps getting upgrades and new personas for no reason what so ever. They just appear out of nowhere and he magically knows them all.

Why doesn't anyone else get any new Personas'? How exactly are they worse than him? If anything Yuu is a very plain character, especially as a main. He barely has any personality, I truthfully have no idea why everyone in the show loves him.

He is not bad and has his moments but over all nothing outstanding at all.
I think Igor already mentions this, but Yu is special as he is 'the fool', like the number zero he's empty but at the same time holds infinite potential - that's why unlike the others he can wield multiple personas, even fusing them together to get a stronger one with the help of the Velvet Room.

Well, that's the in-universe reason at least. In-game it's because Yu's the main character and just having one persona will make it really boring without all the flexibility of the customization. If it's any consolation, the anime throws the game's balance out of the window, in the game the rest of the team is nowhere near as useless in the anime and is around the same level as Yu, his main advantage is just the flexibility in changing personas.

Also, while your argument is pretty much true for the game, I think the anime did a great job to develop Yu's character over time. Just because he's very deadpan and nothing really fazes him, I think deep down he got as much character as the rest of the team.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:14   Link #2030
AvianWing
lol whut?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Kuma, Kanji, Yousuke, and Yuu are the 4 members of the party, so the girls obvious won't fight cause they aren't "there" =P

But yeah, I'm also feeling towards the whole-- why even bother with the cast if they're gonna be useless.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:22   Link #2031
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Truthfully for me, Yuu keeps getting upgrades and new personas for no reason what so ever. They just appear out of nowhere and he magically knows them all.

Why doesn't anyone else get any new Personas'? How exactly are they worse than him?
I'll give you a hint; they don't call them 'Persona' for fun or just because it sounds cool.

Those are literally the manifestation of their persona.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Kuma, Kanji, Yousuke, and Yuu are the 4 members of the party, so the girls obvious won't fight cause they aren't "there" =P

But yeah, I'm also feeling towards the whole-- why even bother with the cast if they're gonna be useless.
Because despite what you may think, Yuu can't handle the entire dungeon by himself. It's rather shortsighted to view a person's value base on their raw firepower.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:59   Link #2032
AvianWing
lol whut?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because despite what you may think, Yuu can't handle the entire dungeon by himself. It's rather shortsighted to view a person's value base on their raw firepower.
Cause we're totally showing an arduous climb to the boss, right?
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 21:04   Link #2033
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Cause we're totally showing an arduous climb to the boss, right?
Doesn't change what I've said.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 22:53   Link #2034
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Kuma, Kanji, Yousuke, and Yuu are the 4 members of the party, so the girls obvious won't fight cause they aren't "there" =P

But yeah, I'm also feeling towards the whole-- why even bother with the cast if they're gonna be useless.
Rise is not useless. She gathers intelligence now. Her Persona almost killed them all when it was a Shadow.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 23:17   Link #2035
AvianWing
lol whut?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Doesn't change what I've said.
Yeah, it doesn't. I'm just laughing at what you say.

---

Rise is all right. Everyone else? Pretty useless. Trophy characters for social link personas.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 00:08   Link #2036
Kimidori
Let's Play
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Truthfully for me, Yuu keeps getting upgrades and new personas for no reason what so ever. They just appear out of nowhere and he magically knows them all.
he not get them out of nowhere, they are from the bond he created with other people. and he knows them all because the persona itself are him, as Chaos2Frozen said "they don't call them 'Persona' for fun or just because it sounds cool."

Quote:
A Persona is a manifestation of a person's personality in the Persona series, referred to as a "mask" for an individual to use to face hardship. A Persona is similar to a Shadow. Shadows are malevolent manifestations of one's inner thoughts, while a Persona is a manifestation of the same feelings but tamed and trained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why doesn't anyone else get any new Personas'? How exactly are they worse than him? If anything Yuu is a very plain character, especially as a main. He barely has any personality, I truthfully have no idea why everyone in the show loves him.

He is not bad and has his moments but over all nothing outstanding at all.
Because anyone else already have a defined Arcana and they did not met "a certain person" that give them the power to have multiple persona. and because Yuu "barely has any personality" is the reason why he can have multiple persona, his Tarot Arcana is "The Fool", The Fool represents innocence, nothingness, it mean the the person of this arcana is nothing yet, empty as the card number is "0". but holds infinite potential and can become anything (in other word, can become any Arcana), that why he can summon persona from whatever Arcana he like while other can only summon persona of Their Arcana
for people who don't know, the team Arcana are:
Yuu: The Fool
Yosuke: The Magician
Yukiko: The High Priestess
Chie: The Chariot
Kanji: The Emperor
Naoto: The Wheel of Fortune
Rise: The Lovers
Kuma: The Star
those Arcana are not randomly placed either, each Arcana represents their Personality
__________________
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 00:20   Link #2037
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I suppose there are still people who disregard the training episodes as "fillers"

Ep13&14 showed exactly how he gets those new persona. Pay more attention please :P



On a side note, it's not good to say that there's not enough water in the glass, but to see it as the glass being enormous
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 01:29   Link #2038
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Rise is not useless. She gathers intelligence now. Her Persona almost killed them all when it was a Shadow.
Agreed, Rise is critically important. First they wouldn't even be able to find the people without her help and in battle her ability is definitely helpful. Combine that scanning ability with Yu's persona swapping and you're in good shape. Scanning may not sound thrilling, but it's needed.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 02:07   Link #2039
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
I think he has the right to call the rest of party member 'useless'..since, well..you know that megidolaon can literally obliterate everything in one swoop they do have some uses though, but the anime seems to minimize their efforts in presenting this episode.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 06:20   Link #2040
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
kanji stalls time, kuma cleanse the debuff, rise providing intel, other girls being useless, and yousuke being yousuke~

so 2/6 being useless is not bad, at least others are helping
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy, mystery

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.