AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-17, 04:52   Link #2281
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Ryotaro is also as suspicious...
Until that family bonding episode....
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 07:25   Link #2282
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Powerful episode this week, I'm glad that in the end Narukami did make the right decision.

Seeing this episode makes me wish the whole series has spent abit more on the mystery aspect, I realized it's not possible of course but still it would be nice.

Maybe Persona 5 would do better in that? Assuming it comes out of course

EDIT: Alright! With Judgement onboard, it's time to bring out Lucifer !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 08:12   Link #2283
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Was it lucifer/Helel that's in Judgment Arcana? Also, has Yu made social link with Teddie yet? My memory seems to fail me this time around
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 08:31   Link #2284
raitouazura
Fallen God
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nirvana
with all social link obtained Yu certainly become stronger, the only thing he lack is the ability to use persona fusion attack like Arisato

hope they added this ability in anime
__________________

Next one will not miss
raitouazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 08:33   Link #2285
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
You guys know what's the best part? In the game, we also had to go through the same thing of piecing together the clues and picking out the true killer from a list of EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER that appeared in the game. Yea.

So it's honestly fun that the animation team is following in spirit and giving you guys a week to figure out this. Kudos to them.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 08:57   Link #2286
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Was it lucifer/Helel that's in Judgment Arcana? Also, has Yu made social link with Teddie yet? My memory seems to fail me this time around
Lucifer is ultimate of Judgment
Helel is ultimate of Star

Teddie's link is automatic, as it relates to Fool/Judgment.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 10:35   Link #2287
zero7090
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
hmm, was there track played during the scene namatame talking with konishi in the game as well? if yes what is its name?

btw: doesnt kuma event suppose to be happen before namatame confess everything?
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 10:46   Link #2288
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Lucifer is ultimate of Judgment
Helel is ultimate of Star

Teddie's link is automatic, as it relates to Fool/Judgment.
Which always strikes me as weird because Helel essentially seems to be Lucifer as well.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 11:11   Link #2289
Kimidori
Let's Play
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Which always strikes me as weird because Helel essentially seems to be Lucifer as well.
Helel is the angelic name of lucifer before he rebel god and become the devil
__________________
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 11:53   Link #2290
rpgman1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
Helel is the angelic name of lucifer before he rebel god and become the devil
That strikes me as a before and after picture. With Yuu finishing the mystery meat bowl and finding out who the true culprit, anyone care to guess what Yuu will be summoning for Empress and Judgment?
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 14:08   Link #2291
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
You guys know what's the best part? In the game, we also had to go through the same thing of piecing together the clues and picking out the true killer from a list of EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER that appeared in the game. Yea.
And that was a bit annoying since imho we were grasping at straws at that point. There are so few hints given that it takes the observational powers of someone like Naoto to actually get to the actual culprit. Out of the top of my head I can only think of a single occasion where the true culprit strongly gave him or herself away and even then it was pretty easy to gloss over. It was even easier in the anime where I noticed that there was no extra emphasis placed on that particular line. However I'll have to take my hat off to the anime team on that one since the game also didn't give any extra emphasis to that smoking gun.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 14:41   Link #2292
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Teddie's link is automatic, as it relates to Fool/Judgment.
So I guess he already summoned a persona from Star arcana, huh? Damn, I was hoping for Helel + Lucifer combination in the next episode if he hadn't summon anyone from Teddy's social link
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 15:36   Link #2293
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nanako's dead-alive condition was kinda nerve racking.
There sure was a lot of tension..
So he was kinda seeing what will happen.
Guess his intentions weren't bad, but road to hell is also paved with good intentions.
Well, at least things ended well for now.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 17:16   Link #2294
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
And that was a bit annoying since imho we were grasping at straws at that point. There are so few hints given that it takes the observational powers of someone like Naoto to actually get to the actual culprit. Out of the top of my head I can only think of a single occasion where the true culprit strongly gave him or herself away and even then it was pretty easy to gloss over. It was even easier in the anime where I noticed that there was no extra emphasis placed on that particular line. However I'll have to take my hat off to the anime team on that one since the game also didn't give any extra emphasis to that smoking gun.
It was actually ridiculously easy if you processed by elimination first: you can rule out all of the social links (ergo 95% of the cast) since they are people Yuu has forged a true bond with. That doesn't leave you with a lot of suspects.

I loved how the game even allowed you to pick Nanako (it then nicely told you you were an idiot for even considering that option)
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 17:50   Link #2295
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I loved how the game even allowed you to pick Nanako (it then nicely told you you were an idiot for even considering that option)
Ultimate plot twist on the level of [Heavy Rain] if that was true
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 17:53   Link #2296
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was actually ridiculously easy if you processed by elimination first: you can rule out all of the social links (ergo 95% of the cast) since they are people Yuu has forged a true bond with. That doesn't leave you with a lot of suspects.

I loved how the game even allowed you to pick Nanako (it then nicely told you you were an idiot for even considering that option)
LOL fair enough but you still get left grasping at straws since the only way you can pick any one of the people on the list of suspects is using your forth wall breaking ability to pick a named character from the cast using the idea that it had to be someone on that list and without much on the way of proof or motive at the time. I still think it wasn't the best moment of the game and from what we saw so far I'm not sure it'll be much better in the anime.

I'm just waiting to see the reactions of anime-only viewers next week.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 18:14   Link #2297
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
My guess is still going to be my first guess way back during the beginning. I still think it is the foolish looking sidekick, Adachi Tooru. The guy that acts the most foolish is usually the most suspicious. As for motivation, I have no idea, since he hasn't been fleshed out very much.

I don't think it is Doujima Ryoutarou simply because it would be unlikely for him to try to kill his own daughter.

The only other suspect would be Kuma, since he is still a mystery. However, considering how much he cares for Nanako, I doubt it would be him either.

Of course, the most rediculous choice would be Aika. She can be anywhere at anytime and works at the speed of light. I bet you could probably order a beef bowl in the TV world and she'll deliver it to you right away!
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 18:18   Link #2298
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
So someone on the tvtropes thread for this anime has come up with a pretty interesting theory on why/how Nanako revived, end game spoilers though so anime only watchers should avoid (and if the mods want me to remove it I shall).

Spoiler for again, end game spoilers are involved in this theory:


I have to admit that the fact that Nanako only revived when Teddie was leaving makes that theory look less likely here in the anime so this would make a lot of sense.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 18:59   Link #2299
rpgman1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
My guess is still going to be my first guess way back during the beginning. I still think it is the foolish looking sidekick, Adachi Tooru. The guy that acts the most foolish is usually the most suspicious. As for motivation, I have no idea, since he hasn't been fleshed out very much.

I don't think it is Doujima Ryoutarou simply because it would be unlikely for him to try to kill his own daughter.

The only other suspect would be Kuma, since he is still a mystery. However, considering how much he cares for Nanako, I doubt it would be him either.

Of course, the most rediculous choice would be Aika. She can be anywhere at anytime and works at the speed of light. I bet you could probably order a beef bowl in the TV world and she'll deliver it to you right away!
The bumbling sidekick in stereotypical fashion blurting out secrets. Of course he's the VA of Kon from Bleach so it's understandable. The anime talked about the threatening letters and Namatame didn't know what Yuu was talking about. Yuu Narukami had already figured it out after forging so many S.Links and finishing the Mystery Meat Bowl quickly Now all that is left is the Investigation Team finding and facing the true culprit.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:45   Link #2300
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I have to admit that the fact that Nanako only revived when Teddie was leaving makes that theory look less likely here in the anime so this would make a lot of sense.
There is still more about this that hasn't been shown but here's some more that you would already know at this point in the game:
Spoiler for Game version of prev ep:
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy, mystery

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.