AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-24, 17:00   Link #2381
Exilus5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
maybe this is just a huge sequel hook because they will air Persona 3, and THEN they will make Midnight Arena, where every mystery will be finally answered and we will have three adorable robot girls running around in schoolgirl outfits
Exilus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 17:59   Link #2382
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Too bad we have to wait for the OVA to see the true ending :\
To make it clear, no OVA or additional eps have been announced yet. This is all speculation. Final details of the last 2 BD/DVD are still not announced. Though they did announce last night that ep 23 will have a directors cut version on BD/DVD 9 with an additional scene.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:00   Link #2383
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
To make it clear, no OVA or additional eps have been announced yet. This is all speculation. Final details of the last 2 BD/DVD are still not announced. Though they did announce last night that ep 23 will have a directors cut version on BD/DVD 9 with an additional scene.
Really? What additional scene could there be? Perhaps Yu maxing out a link with one of his friends...
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:34   Link #2384
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Within the stacks. . .waiting to devour you. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
So that shadow is officially called "the reaper"? I always thought his name was Death due to how often I heard "Be careful I sense Death." in Persona 3.
Yep, Reaper was always the official name, even when you fought him in P3. Since it was classified under the Death arcana (I think it was the only one in that classification other than a certain other individual), much like how the other cannon fodder Shadows were classified under the previous 12 arcanum, it just got called Death.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:48   Link #2385
rpgman1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
To make it clear, no OVA or additional eps have been announced yet. This is all speculation. Final details of the last 2 BD/DVD are still not announced. Though they did announce last night that ep 23 will have a directors cut version on BD/DVD 9 with an additional scene.
Probably has to do with Namatame and it was a critical point in the game. As for the additional scene, who knows what it'll be since it may be an anime original.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 02:44   Link #2386
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Holy Crap, Adachi has the Reaper on his side ?! I had expected alot of things, but I certainly didn't anticipate that !
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 07:51   Link #2387
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
it's a good way to show off the optional boss battle without interfering with the story much
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 10:18   Link #2388
justsomeguy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Episode 24:
* What? Yosuke's Social Link now? I think the timing sucks, because it should have occurred before the crying on his shoulder scene and it interrupts zeroing in on the culprit.
* It's the Reaper (and more than one)! This Shadow does not actually show up in the game until the Second Cycle, and only by opening certain chests with warnings. In P3 though it is a constant danger when staying on one floor too long.
* Thematically, Adachi is the opposite of the MC. He is a sociopath with no friends or connections to anybody else, no sense of understanding nor hope nor responsibility. There is one proximate cause for his anger against society that has not been stated in the show yet, but given how how he is it's more likely an excuse. He hasn't stated the real reason he became a police officer yet either, but that's probably for the Izanagi vs Izanagi fight next episode.
__________________
Currently watching: Kamen Rider Gaim, Happiness Charge Precure, Ressha Sentai ToQger, Akuma no Riddle, Black Bullet, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Hitsugi no Chaika

Currently playing: The Last Story, Knights in the Nightmare
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 12:09   Link #2389
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
... Why would a completely insane nut become a police officer? It's not that hard to figure out.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 12:38   Link #2390
rpgman1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Episode 24:
* What? Yosuke's Social Link now? I think the timing sucks, because it should have occurred before the crying on his shoulder scene and it interrupts zeroing in on the culprit.
* It's the Reaper (and more than one)! This Shadow does not actually show up in the game until the Second Cycle, and only by opening certain chests with warnings. In P3 though it is a constant danger when staying on one floor too long.
* Thematically, Adachi is the opposite of the MC. He is a sociopath with no friends or connections to anybody else, no sense of understanding nor hope nor responsibility. There is one proximate cause for his anger against society that has not been stated in the show yet, but given how how he is it's more likely an excuse. He hasn't stated the real reason he became a police officer yet either, but that's probably for the Izanagi vs Izanagi fight next episode.
So Adachi is the reversed or upside-down Fool then while Yuu Narukami is the upright Fool? Guess we'll never see the Investigation Team's Persona change in the last episode. If it is, then it must've been a real poor job trying to implement it after defeating those Reapers and realizing their potential. For Adachi, it looks like he got no recognition and gets trampled on his ego by many people (Doujima, Kanji, etc.).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 23:50   Link #2391
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Holy Crap, Adachi has the Reaper on his side ?! I had expected alot of things, but I certainly didn't anticipate that !
I also didn't expect that to show because clearly it's game over for them if they pick a fight with it. They don't have Armageddon spell of the P3 and heck even in a party of 4 its so hard to beat it. And they pick a 2 vs reaper fight
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:14   Link #2392
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
i have a question regarding the purpose of the velvet room in the series. does that section give any sort of explanation behind the mystery? atm im 11 eps into the series but theres been the same type of message from my point of view which doesnt seem to give answers to the mystery. i have had no previous experince reading this series or watching it before the anime aired.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:46   Link #2393
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
The Velvet Room and its residents exist to guide promising individuals on their journey. It is nothing more and nothing less.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:47   Link #2394
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i have a question regarding the purpose of the velvet room in the series. does that section give any sort of explanation behind the mystery? atm im 11 eps into the series but theres been the same type of message from my point of view which doesnt seem to give answers to the mystery. i have had no previous experince reading this series or watching it before the anime aired.
This goes into P1 and P2 lore and frankly, I think you're better off reading the SMT wiki for this. It's a really long story.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:48   Link #2395
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I thought I summed it up quite nicely. O_O
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 11:41   Link #2396
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Probably because he also noted some parts that Philemon has in Velvet room and stuffs. It's not that important in P4, but is interesting to note for someone who wants detail explanation
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 12:30   Link #2397
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
thank you very much everyone, i guess i'll have to look into the series more to get the general plot line of the previous storyline of the series. i can understand if they move on from just gathering more alies/powers after a dozen eps though it seems to take awhile before they'll move on from gathering more cards atm.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 13:05   Link #2398
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
^Well Like Von Himmel said, the explanation behind the velvet room really doesn't affect the story in P3 and P4 in any significant way. Dengar's explanation really is all you need to enjoy the show
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 14:18   Link #2399
rpgman1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Age: 33
I thought the Velvet Room was like a dream realm. Igor explained that Yuu was asleep, but he is summoned to the Velvet Room for his bonds with many people. Also Kuma/Teddie appearing in the Velvet Room alone and Yuu's voice echoed throughout the entire area (which is a limousine) confirms that the Velvet Room is more like another realm of consciousness.

Anyone think Adachi is the reversed or upside-down Fool? He seems to care only about himself and wants other people to acknowledge him, but his sociopath ways make him a loner and a fool.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 15:57   Link #2400
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Episode 24:
* What? Yosuke's Social Link now? I think the timing sucks, because it should have occurred before the crying on his shoulder scene and it interrupts zeroing in on the culprit.
And it's absolutely pointless if they aren't going to show the results of maxing out the S-Link, which it seems they don't have any intentions of doing.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy, mystery

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.