AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-08, 22:16   Link #2521
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire James View Post
It might have been a little cheesy if Yuu and Yosuke walked out of the police station after that weapons stunt, only to have Chie show them... a working armor and weapons shop! Which is exactly what happened in the game. It's also funny when they mention "hiding armor under the school clothes" when some of the armor involved is some form of chain mail and plate mail!
Heck, Chie's weapons are shoes of sorts, including a pair with armor going up to her knees and Kanji can use a folding chair as a weapon, I never could believe they managed to sneak those into Junes. xD
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 22:27   Link #2522
rpgman1

Whoa this has got to be a dream. How did Sentai was able to get the original English VA to reprise their roles from the game into the anime? Seems to be at the same time with the release of the Arena game. JYB doesn't have much of a distinctive voice. It's either normal (like Ichigo from Bleach) or slightly higher-pitched (like Renton from E7). He would make a great Adachi since he did voice Vash the Stampede in Trigun. I'll be worried about some VAs though since it's been awhile (like Chie and Naoto).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 22:33   Link #2523
webkid94
*Author

So apparently Sentai didn't tell the voice actors about the news...that awkward moment when indeed.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...s-announcement
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 23:03   Link #2524
Metalsnakezero
Trio Finale!

Sentai is in sorta hot water now. They better make it up for this or else it'll be a mess. Hopefully they'll get the cast but it'll be a while till we get the release.
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic176117_1.gif
Metalsnakezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 03:33   Link #2525
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Well that settles it. Even though it may not be true to the source material, SMT finally has a decent anime adaption. For comparison, see Digital Devil Story.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 09:31   Link #2526
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Hmm, maybe they meant to say that they intend to get the original cast back? Although geeze, how do you forget to negotiate a dozen different contracts before making that announcement.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 10:14   Link #2527
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Hmm, maybe they meant to say that they intend to get the original cast back? Although geeze, how do you forget to negotiate a dozen different contracts before making that announcement.
Speculation elsewhere is that Sentai is hiring Bang Zoom to actually make the dub. If true, then Bang Zoom would be the company to make the contracts with the voice actors. Bang Zoom probably told Sentai that it plans to get the cast back, and Sentai mistakenly thought it was a done deal already. That's only speculation, of course, but it seems reasonable to me.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 15:30   Link #2528
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Speculation elsewhere is that Sentai is hiring Bang Zoom to actually make the dub. If true, then Bang Zoom would be the company to make the contracts with the voice actors. Bang Zoom probably told Sentai that it plans to get the cast back, and Sentai mistakenly thought it was a done deal already. That's only speculation, of course, but it seems reasonable to me.
Only recording studios that did collaboration was Funimation and Next Generation Pictures back awhile ago for Beck. Not sure whether Sentai has the funds to bring back the original cast after this incident. At least one VA confirmed that she does voices in Arena.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 18:35   Link #2529
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Dangit. Dave's not gonna be in the anime adaptation voicing Teddie.

NOOOO!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 20:30   Link #2530
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Maybe they sent the contracts out and haven't received them back. You could also have hold outs wanting more money so they say they haven't heard a thing to stir up the internet to put themselves in a better negotiating stance. The more people cry about a certain VA the better chances of them getting a higher salary.
Old 2012-04-27, 21:57   Link #2531
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

This is a surprise. I've always liked Persona4's character designs, but avoided show due to the horror aspect. I didn't expect that school life slice-of-life aspect though. Sometimes the Sousuke-like lead and hilarious comedy reminds me of Fumoffu

I'm going to enjoy this slowly...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 11:28   Link #2532
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so which episode with Boss battle?

and general episode recommendation
Old 2012-05-27, 06:45   Link #2533
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-9817.html

..Looks like the true end episode will be on theater

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 13:20   Link #2534
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-9817.html

..Looks like the true end episode will be on theater
True end will be on the 10th BluRay volume and the theater version will be a recap of all the episodes including the true end one. That should clear things up no?

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 16:26   Link #2535
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
True end will be on the 10th BluRay volume and the theater version will be a recap of all the episodes including the true end one. That should clear things up no?
that compression will be disaster
Old 2012-05-27, 19:38   Link #2536
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Seriously? Phew, at least we don't have to wait longer if the true end isn't going to be for theater

Quote:
that compression will be disaster
You said it Even the anime seems to have a hard time to summarize the contents of the game.

Old 2012-05-27, 19:58   Link #2537
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Seriously? Phew, at least we don't have to wait longer if the true end isn't going to be for theater

You said it Even the anime seems to have a hard time to summarize the contents of the game.
well it can be Seed style recap. but why would you theaterise that
Old 2012-06-02, 22:03   Link #2538
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

I maye be a bit late to the party, but I recently sprinted through the series on ANN.com. (I haven't played the game, so I have no doubt spoiled all manner of details from Persona 4 Golden; but it was worth it.)

Actually, I was surprised to note that Narukami Yu is voiced by Namikawa Daisuke; and he even has a "Velvet" Room he goes into, heh.

Actually, one thing I wonder about is if the animators will throw in any Easter egg references to any of the new content set for Golden, or to the run-up to Arena, in the upcoming True End special. (Or if there would be enough demand for an animated follow-up, based on either Arena or Persona x Detective.)
Old 2012-06-09, 00:05   Link #2539
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Hey guys, guess what? Those clamoring for an animated version of the Persona 3 game are finally going to get it. A feature film based on the plot of Persona 3 was teased at the very end of Persona 4 ~The Factor of Hope~.

The pages below are in Japanese, but thanks to a fellow on another forum, apparently they have the confirmation on this bit of news:

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4215544.html
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-10069.html

I'm absolutely ecstatic for this. Even if it is just a movie and not a 2-cour season show like P4 got, I'm delighted my favorite Persona game is getting animated in some form.~
Old 2012-06-09, 07:21   Link #2540
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

So..is it going to be a movie or anime like P4?

P3 has less comedy than P4 so I'm kinda afraid how it'll turn up. One thing that I really like about P4A is they managed to bring up some light-hearted theme that made me who had finished the game enjoyed it a lot. But oh well, I'll believe in them I'm sure whatever they come up with will be the best for this series.

Tags
action, fantasy, mystery