AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-23, 13:04   Link #401
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Reminds me of the swim suits and also interesting weapons such as bus signs!

I really like the integration of the Nyx cult in p3: the atmosphere of the game feels very apocalyptic in the last month - at least when compared to the heavy fog in p4.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 13:20   Link #402
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Reminds me of the swim suits and also interesting weapons such as bus signs!
Or golf clubs?
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 13:35   Link #403
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
if I remember it right P4's MC first weapon is golf club. The one Yusuke gave him.

P3 is much more dark for me with all the guns aiming at your head to activate the persona. It's more dark emo stuff and the near end boss. Really picking a fight with a god.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 14:17   Link #404
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Anyway, for me, even though Persona 4 was more enjoyable game I still would choose Persona 3 as it had better cast of characters (except Junpei) and the Dark Hour was much more suiting for the overall atmosphere of the game.
Hwat!? Junpei was a great character though, especially after he makes his resolution. Not to mention being one of the more reasonable members alongside Fuuka and Aigis in FES's "The Answer". That really made me respect him.~

But otherwise I agree, I liked P3's cast more than P4's. (Especially Aigis.~)


Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The thing I love at P 3 is the DRESS
I still find it weird that some of the best armor in P3P was the maid outfits.

Only in otaku-land.~
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 15:31   Link #405
Inept Forum User
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Question

Has it been said how many episodes the series is going to have?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 15:47   Link #406
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Never touched 4 or 3, my first/only Persona experience was P3P
P4 is one of my favourite games ever, so i highly recommend it . Sure we have the anime starting in over a months time, but that doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
But otherwise I agree, I liked P3's cast more than P4's. (Especially Aigis.~)
Am i the only one here who prefers the P4 cast? Well, i don't like to choose because i love them both.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:09   Link #407
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well, i don't like to choose because i love them both.
QFT. Awesome series; no need to distinguish.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 17:57   Link #408
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
The puzzle element wouldn't be so interesting in anime.
But the boobs element would definitly captivate the audience (and increase sales)

Funny, how effective sexual objectification is, in non-H releases
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 05:31   Link #409
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Hwat!? Junpei was a great character though, especially after he makes his resolution. Not to mention being one of the more reasonable members alongside Fuuka and Aigis in FES's "The Answer". That really made me respect him.~
It's not that I don't like him but, when comparing games, I would chose any P4 member over him. The reason is mostly because he was a bit way to jealous of the main character throughout the game. He did apologize later, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
But the boobs element would definitly captivate the audience (and increase sales)

Funny, how effective sexual objectification is, in non-H releases
True that, and it is always refreshing to see anime that has an description which starts differently then ''the main character is a high-school student who...''
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 05:39   Link #410
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
What about Operation Babe Hunt?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 10:24   Link #411
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
The reason is mostly because he was a bit way to jealous of the main character throughout the game. He did apologize later, but still...
Well it's not like the jealousy wasn't justified: Minato is perfect. The only reason players never pegged him as a Mary Sue is because the entire game is from his POV. I would honestly be bothered if a character wasn't jealous of him at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
What about Operation Babe Hunt?
What about it?
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 17:43   Link #412
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Well it's not like the jealousy wasn't justified: Minato is perfect. The only reason players never pegged him as a Mary Sue is because the entire game is from his POV. I would honestly be bothered if a character wasn't jealous of him at some point.
Just because Minato is perfect Junpei's jealousy is justified? To some extend yes, but it's not ok for Junpei to complain out-loud almost every time when Minoto gets praised for something he archived fair and square. And besides, his jealousy started before they even knew what MC could do, right when Akihiko pointed MC a leader. And that aside, not really a fan of his overall personality ether. Sorry, but I would choose Yosuke any day.
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 17:51   Link #413
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Just because Minato is perfect Junpei's jealousy is justified? To some extend yes, but it's not ok for Junpei to complain out-loud almost every time when Minoto gets praised for something he archived fair and square.
So you would prefer every single person on the team saying "Oh you're so great, Minato!" every time he did something?

Quote:
And besides, his jealousy started before they even knew what MC could do, right when Akihiko pointed MC a leader.
That always came across as simple male bravado to me: He wanted to show off and impress the hot chicks.

Quote:
And that aside, not really a fan of his overall personality ether. Sorry, but I would choose Yosuke any day.
That's your choice.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 18:07   Link #414
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Sorry, but I would choose Yosuke any day.
Just because they spilled a little more Awesome into the pot when they were making Yosuke doesn't mean you should belittle any of the others.

Junpei was a very compelling character. Yosuke would, however, be the better best friend. Even before I played Junpei's Social Link, which was quite impressive, I was quite happy with what they did with his character arc.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 20:24   Link #415
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
The one thing I love on Persona games is that the characters grow on you. Well probably not first 2 Persona games...but P3 and P4 is brilliantly executed well where every character develops. Probably it's the social link I guess.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 23:08   Link #416
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
may be related

teaser site

http://p-atlus.jp/

Spoiler for hint:
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 23:45   Link #417
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
So you would prefer every single person on the team saying "Oh you're so great, Minato!" every time he did something?
WELL IT CAN'T BE HELPED IF I'M PERFECT !!! With dark hair, blue eyes and good looks! And knowing what to say to girls at the right time! And it's not my fault that I know which lever to pull to stop a train!

(For the record, Jupei was the guy that I'm most unwilling to bring along...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
P4 is one of my favourite games ever, so i highly recommend it . Sure we have the anime starting in over a months time, but that doesn't matter!
A friend of mine said the same thing- to which I answered,

"But I don't have a PS2..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 23:57   Link #418
Excorsism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
may be related

teaser site

http://p-atlus.jp/

Spoiler for hint:
I am just as disappointed. I suppose P5 comes after P4 portable.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32974&dateline=119918  5263
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 00:52   Link #419
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cold Storage
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
may be related

teaser site

http://p-atlus.jp/

Spoiler for hint:
Makes sense tho, the release of the anime means that P4 going to get a lot of popularity and its probable that is developed for the Vita since the portable is coming out, so it will occupy the SMT niche for a while, like DS:O is on the 3DS.

Just guessing tho, of course.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 01:13   Link #420
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
teaser site

http://p-atlus.jp/

Spoiler for hint:
I wonder about that. Even though it is in the style of P4 with the bright yellow color and slanted text, I've seen other teaser sites that end up surprising everyone with something they were never expecting to see. (Like Bamco's teaser site for "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Portable". Good god that was a huge troll. )

But if it IS for a portable version/remake of P4, perhaps adding a FeMC again like P3P would be a good idea? They need to have SOME incentive to have folks buy the game AGAIN.
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy, mystery

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.