AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-20, 00:25   Link #501
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well yeah but some animes that are based off VN's for example are made in a way that they expect that you've played the game first. Was wondering if this would be one of those, even though Persona 4 is not a VN.
Old 2011-09-20, 00:36   Link #502
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
I'd imagine the anime will skip some events in the game because of length, but I doubt it'll ignore any details that are relevant to the plot, so you should be fine going in without having played the game.

There is an enhanced port of Persona 4 being released for the PlayStation Vita next year, so what I'd recommend is to watch the anime first, then play "Persona 4: The Golden" after it's release. (That is if you plan on buying a Vita.)
Old 2011-09-20, 00:50   Link #503
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well yeah but some animes that are based off VN's for example are made in a way that they expect that you've played the game first. Was wondering if this would be one of those, even though Persona 4 is not a VN.
If what you are being wary of is whether the terminologies are going to confuse you or have the potential to be skipped over in the anime, we can't really give you simple answer If Igor's cryptic Persona whiz corner explanations are cut, you might miss out the deeper settings of the Persona series (imo, this is very likely). Otherwise, most of the plot-related explanations can be explained as the plot goes on, if memory serves right.

In the end it will depend on how the director wants to approach it. Really, the question is quite unanswerable tbh

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 02:21   Link #504
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'd imagine the anime will skip some events in the game because of length, but I doubt it'll ignore any details that are relevant to the plot, so you should be fine going in without having played the game.

There is an enhanced port of Persona 4 being released for the PlayStation Vita next year, so what I'd recommend is to watch the anime first, then play "Persona 4: The Golden" after it's release. (That is if you plan on buying a Vita.)
Had no idea it was being released on Vita. If it ever gets translated and they manage to crack Vita for homebrew so I can play it on undub like I do P3P, then yes, I will get Vita. Can't stand those eng dubs.. P3P was just horrible. In game like that, you really need the orig. audio.

Thanks for the responses anyway. I'll watch the anime then. I would have done so anyway, but I could have always played the game on PS2 emulator or something before it gets released.. But if enhanced version is coming out, I'll just wait for it.

What I meant by my question was more like if you look at the Higurashi/Umineko, and then the anime port.. Not all of the story is animated so they expect you to know how the story ends. (Or so I heard, Im not interested in this series so I can't say for sure).
Old 2011-09-20, 03:50   Link #505
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
In the end it will depend on how the director wants to approach it. Really, the question is quite unanswerable tbh
Indeed. Basically why i recommended to the anime just to see how it will turn out. Dist can always start playing the game half way into the series.
Old 2011-09-20, 03:55   Link #506
Dist

'' Half way '' doesn't sound likely unless the series is 24 episodes. Which leads to my question : What's the episode length? Wikipedia (once again) doesn't list episode count for upcoming anime but I'm sure the amount of episodes is announced somewhere *lazy to search*.
Old 2011-09-20, 03:56   Link #507
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
'' Half way '' doesn't sound likely unless the series is 24 episodes. Which leads to my question : What's the episode length? Wikipedia (once again) doesn't list episode count for upcoming anime but I'm sure the amount of episodes is announced somewhere *lazy to search*.
Episode count is unconfirmed yet, though if the anime was to cover all the major events of the game, 24/26 episodes is the most understandable amount.
Old 2011-09-20, 04:03   Link #508
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Assuming it's 2 cour, which I see no reason why it shouldn't be, AIC ASTA usually produce 26 episodes for their 2 cour series.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 04:52   Link #509
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Assuming it's 2 cour, which I see no reason why it shouldn't be, AIC ASTA usually produce 26 episodes for their 2 cour series.
I hope that's true. 26 would mean plenty of time to not just focus on the plot elements of the series. There's some good comedy moments that i'd love to see animated.
Old 2011-09-20, 06:30   Link #510
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
"The official Twitter account for the anime confirmed that the anime will last two kūru or half a year"

Sauce
Already confirmed to be 2 cour.
Old 2011-09-20, 06:35   Link #511
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Already confirmed to be 2 cour.
Nice. I must have missed that.
Old 2011-09-20, 06:35   Link #512
Dist

Awesome news then. Really excited now that I know the fun won't end with just one season. I hope the series won't be a letdown after all the hype tho.
Old 2011-09-20, 16:55   Link #513
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Awesome news then. Really excited now that I know the fun won't end with just one season. I hope the series won't be a letdown after all the hype tho.
it doesn't matter if it's good or not, letdown or not,

popular and anticipated series like P4 ought to have a lot of anti-fans/haters

they are gonna appear like...soon
Old 2011-09-20, 18:22   Link #514
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post

Haters are fine, you can ignore them and they'll disappear after the first month.

What's worse are the fans that love Persona too much that the slightest mistake, the smallest change, the single point that isn't to their likely- and their whole world comes crashing down on you.

And unlike haters, these people are here to stay all the way.
Old 2011-09-20, 18:48   Link #515
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Quote:

Did you mean WRPG fans?
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 21:33   Link #516
ZODDGUTS

What exactly is there to be jealous for WRPG fans? Sure ain't the battle system there's nothing special about it nor the decent to somewhat good story that this game has, there's been better storylines from other JRPG's. Game sales? Only thing that was special about this game was the characters.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2011-09-20 at 21:44.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 23:53   Link #517
Soliloquy
Secret Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
What exactly is there to be jealous for WRPG fans? Sure ain't the battle system there's nothing special about it nor the decent to somewhat good story that this game has, there's been better storylines from other JRPG's. Game sales? Only thing that was special about this game was the characters.
Not exactly for me. As a hardcore Atlus fan, I like the whole idea of collecting demons, fusions and was also intrigued by the story. I can't say the characters were exactly original or interesting, just typical Anime archetypes. The only one that really interested me was Kanji. The story might not have been nothing special but the introduction was executed really well. The first impression is everything as usual. As a whole it was lot better than Persona 3.

I stopped in the middway of the game because I got tired of roaming around the dungeon level gaining.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 00:09   Link #518
ZODDGUTS

Yeah Persona main weakness was the crapload of grinding you had to do. It was worse than Persona 3 because the enemy difficulty was harder than Persona 3. You had to grind in each new dungeon in P4. Shit got tiring fast.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 00:34   Link #519
Dist

Quote:

What do you mean it doesn't matter? I'm very excited for this, and if it appears to be a letdown, of course it matters. So much hype for nothing from me.
Old 2011-09-21, 01:27   Link #520
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
What do you mean it doesn't matter? I'm very excited for this, and if it appears to be a letdown, of course it matters. So much hype for nothing from me.
Base on my experience, people don't really change all that much.

AIC ASTA was previous responsible for Bamboo Blade, Sora no Otoshimono, Tokimeki Memorial, GUNxSWORD. While director Kishi Seiji did Angel Beats!, Kamasama Doll, Seto no Hanayome, and Ragnarok.

...Well, at least we know it's going to look pretty

Tags
action, fantasy, mystery