AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-13, 23:01   Link #801
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Interesting way for Hanamura to get his own Persona. The bear is still the best character for me. Lol Narukami is not startled by anything.
Old 2011-10-13, 23:06   Link #802
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
Spoiler for Letīs split up,gang!:
even in a big shadow battle?
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 23:56   Link #803
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Yeah, I'm seeing Chie in a whole new light now. In the game, she was cursed with the weakest voice actress of the main cast, sorta like Fuuka from P3.
Fuuka's voice gave me nightmares. Totally agree that Chie was the weakest link in the NA cast. I definitely like her Japanese counterpart much better. I honestly don't see anything particularly different about her demeanor/attitude though (granted, it's been 2? 3? years since I played the game), so think it's just the difference in voice that sells her character as "cute" now.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 00:16   Link #804
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Fuuka's voice gave me nightmares. Totally agree that Chie was the weakest link in the NA cast. I definitely like her Japanese counterpart much better. I honestly don't see anything particularly different about her demeanor/attitude though (granted, it's been 2? 3? years since I played the game), so think it's just the difference in voice that sells her character as "cute" now.
The main difference is that Horie Yui can manage humor, energy, and tsundere, while Danielle Judovits was stuck in serious mode, which really hurt Chie's characterization.

Currently playing: Atelier Iris 3 Grand Phantasm, Knights in the Nightmare
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 00:18   Link #805
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
In the game, she was cursed with the weakest voice actress of the main cast, sorta like Fuuka from P3.
I actually liked her NA voice. Rise's the one with the most annoying/weakest voice in the NA version in my opinion.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 00:18   Link #806
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well nothing like getting mentally beat up by another part of yourself to make it a rough day. Luckily for Yosuke he had some help there. Have to give Yosuke's shadow some credit, managed to have time to fight the battle and insult Yosuke all at the same time. Yosuke accepting that side of himself helped turn the battle and settle things. Allows for an interesting character examination.

A rough situation really for Yosuke. You move out into the country and pretty much become enemy #1 because your family is managing the big evil store. Not surprised part of him was excited to explore this crazy world and it wasn't all about what happened to Saki. Though it wasn't like that was his only motivation since he obviously liked the girl. Talk about rough finding out she's dead and then getting shot down by her voice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This I can agree though maybe because I played the US version but Chie didn't really sink into me. She's too masculine in the game plus her voice add it up despite her social link is opposite to it. But I like her voice on the anime and as expected of her seiyuu Chie is really cute in the anime. Specially in this episode when she cried because the rope got cut and when those 2 comes back it was priceless when she tricked Yosuke and Yu for another free meal.

The freaky guy who confessed in Yukiko is still creepy -_- he is already creepy in the game but here he looks more in drugs. I really hate that guy >.>
I don't think she really tricked them since she didn't have the "got you" look and the tears seemed genuine. Just that she managed to guilt them into giving her the free food in exchange for leaving her there wondering if they were going to come out alive or not.

That guy was pretty damn creepy. Waiting outside someone's school to try and get them to skip out and go on a date....Weird and creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Don't think Chie was Fuuka bad, but she was certainly the weakest link there. Did get better as the game went on though so don't think she was too much of a weak link. Definitely a lot cuter with this voice.
Old 2011-10-14, 00:19   Link #807
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

That was a surprisingly good fight for episode two but doesn't Izanagi have any more skills than Zio and Cleave Chie is really adorable- I wouldn't have expected that just from looking at her profile, but I suppose that is the power of Horie Yui

That aside we got a bit of progress on the mystery.

- The victims were pushed into the TV World.
- They were confronted by their Shadow-Self and lost.
- There seem to be a connection to Yukiko's family's inn.

At first I figured Chie would be the next person whose Shadow they would have to face, but then I saw Yukiko running in the TV near the end, but then I saw the preview focusing on Chie...

P.S - Narukami leveled up'd!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 00:28   Link #808
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That was a surprisingly good fight for episode two but doesn't Izanagi have any more skills than Zio and Cleave Chie is really adorable- I wouldn't have expected that just from looking at her profile, but I suppose that is the power of Horie Yui

That aside we got a bit of progress on the mystery.

- The victims were pushed into the TV World.
- They were confronted by their Shadow-Self and lost.
- There seem to be a connection to Yukiko's family's inn.

At first I figured Chie would be the next person whose Shadow they would have to face, but then I saw Yukiko running in the TV near the end, but then I saw the preview focusing on Chie...

P.S - Narukami leveled up'd!
Let's give Izanagi a break. This is just his second fight of course he hasn't gained any other skills .

Chie is adorable, just make sure you don't damage her DVDs. If you do it's buying her food and getting beat up .

They gained some good information out of this episode. Certainly nowhere near figuring out who is behind this, but made progress from knowing nothing.
Old 2011-10-14, 00:32   Link #809
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
I actually liked her NA voice. Rise's the one with the most annoying/weakest voice in the NA version in my opinion.
It's not so much as "annoying," but rather whether the actress can fulfill the role of the character. I think Laura Bailey nailed Rise as a flirtatious girly idol, while Judovits failed to portray Chie as an energetic tomboy. ( I can only imagine how Kugimiya haters will react to Rise here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
That was a surprisingly good fight for episode two but doesn't Izanagi have any more skills than Zio and Cleave
Yep, but the rest are just de/buffs, probably the hardest kind of effect to portray and least likely to be animated.

Currently playing: Atelier Iris 3 Grand Phantasm, Knights in the Nightmare
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 00:46   Link #810
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Let's give Izanagi a break. This is just his second fight of course he hasn't gained any other skills .

*spends one whole episode on grinding*

Quote:
It's not so much as "annoying," but rather whether the actress can fulfill the role of the character. I think Laura Bailey nailed Rise as a flirtatious girly idol, while Judovits failed to portray Chie as an energetic tomboy. ( I can only imagine how Kugimiya haters will react to Rise here.)
I heard the real problem comes from her 'Mission Control' quotes, which probably are removed from Anime save for one or two times

Lol, so Chie had Fuuka's VA for the English dub? Well it's not that I hate it, but it certainly wasn't memorable.

Quote:
Yep, but the rest are just de/buffs, probably the hardest kind of effect to portray and least likely to be animated.
Rakunda (Decreases Defense) on the enemy before finishing it off
Old 2011-10-14, 00:55   Link #811
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Rakunda (Decreases Defense) on the enemy before finishing it off
Rakukaja (Increases Defense) when being attacked and Tarukaja (Increases Attack) when doing some kind of charged attack?
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 01:00   Link #812
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Lol, so Chie had Fuuka's VA for the English dub? Well it's not that I hate it, but it certainly wasn't memorable.
No she didn't. It's just that by majority opinion, Chie has the worst voice acting of P4 like Fuuka did in P3.

And actually, Izanagi can learn more techniques through inheritance if he's re-fused with two other Personas with certain abilities. For example, one of the strongest attacks Izanagi can know through this method is Primal Force.

I'd post a video demonstrating this but...it has some spoilers.
Old 2011-10-14, 01:25   Link #813
tsunade666

^ well almost all physical or magic attack can be inherit except for the severe damage level. The only noted one I remember is I think from yoshitsune 8 attacks at once and pralangya? did I get it right? the severe damage that has a chance to instant kill. Then the ultimate magic attack for each element can't be inherit.

Since igor give Yu the key to velvet room. I think we will see other persona be used by Yu and maybe he can also perform persona fusion though that maybe my only wishful thinking.

And in episode 2 his courage level up. Maybe after the event in episode 2 his understanding level up. He sure is understanding when he helped Yosuke to get over himself.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 01:49   Link #814
rpgman1

This episode seems better than the last one at least. Narukami actually speaks more so that would explain his Courage going up. That guy with the fish eyes is just too creepy and asked Amagi out on a date. Satonaka sounds really cute and acts like a tsundere anyway hitting Hanamura. Kuma sounds annoying but it fits his character anyway. As for Hanamura's shadow, talk about a guilt trip.

At least they didn't make Izanagi a killing machine and wonder if Narukami will get even more Persona in the future since he did got the key to the Velvet Room.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 02:49   Link #815
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Lol why are we talking about the SMT spell naming system?

Spoiler for Heh?:
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 04:44   Link #816
Sides

OMG, Yuu can actual talk, give off comments and make decisions on himself. Did Yuu actually got the wild card, cannot be bothered to stream it again to check. We are probably going to find out when he start or doesn't starts to summon different personae.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 07:53   Link #817
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
We are probably going to find out when he start or doesn't starts to summon different personae.

I don't think he would, because then they would have to introduce the whole Persona fusing 'system', can't have him magically pulling out random Personas out of his...
Old 2011-10-14, 08:28   Link #818
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

>You punched Yosuke
>You became friends with Yosuke
>Yosuke will now die for you

Yu punching Yosuke was my favorite part of the episode. That was a really nice addition. It'd be hilarious if he punched everybody else to bring them back to their senses, even the girls (sex equality, baby!)
Yeah, not gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Spoiler for Wild Card:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-14, 08:49   Link #819
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yu punching Yosuke was my favorite part of the episode. That was a really nice addition. It'd be hilarious if he punched everybody else to bring them back to their senses, even the girls (sex equality, baby!)
Yeah, not gonna happen.

Nah, for the girls he'll grab them and hug them- it produces the same 'stunning' effects require to snap them out of it
Old 2011-10-14, 09:15   Link #820
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Nah, for the girls he'll grab them and hug them- it produces the same 'stunning' effects require to snap them out of it
Not sure though how he'll accidentally hug them since the punch on Yosuke wasn't technically on purpose . But hey if he makes that his intentional signature there shouldn't be a problem .

Anyways, have to watch out for the future shadows since Yosuke's proved that they provide video evidence .

Tags
action, fantasy, mystery