AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-13, 22:03   Link #261
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Face it most great games were designed for kids in mind. GTA, CoD, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Soild, Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider, Little Big Planet, God of War, Gears of War, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, Mario games and so on, all kiddy games. Non of them are realistic or serious, however they are fun to play. You can slap an "age" rating on them, but it doesn't change the fact that they are made for kids, including big kids like me and you.
If we talking about adult games, we are talking about stuff like Zumba fitness, your shape, brain training, Go, chess, EA sports active and those sorts of games. In that case you better stick with the 360 and kinect.
Oooookay because it seems like spitting hairs over semantics is the trend of the day, I'll revise my original statement.

If Nintendo keeps up their trend of having a poor library of hardcore/dedicated gamer's games such as Call of Duty, Killzone, God of War, Gears of War, Uncharted, Infamous, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, even Super Mario, etc, etc and keep pumping out the next half-baked fitness or ping pong series of games, then Nintendo's not going to sell their new console to me.

For god's sakes, we all KNOW what one means when they say kiddie or kid-friendly game for crying out loud.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 17:32   Link #262
Sides

Monolith soft on Wii-U development, source andriasang.com

Kind of interesting, but not sure if the aiming for bethesda softworks thing is a joke or not. I hope they were referring to the experience gamers get form the games, and not the bugs and patching that comes with it.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 20:42   Link #263
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Oooookay because it seems like spitting hairs over semantics is the trend of the day, I'll revise my original statement.

If Nintendo keeps up their trend of having a poor library of hardcore/dedicated gamer's games such as Call of Duty, Killzone, God of War, Gears of War, Uncharted, Infamous, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, even Super Mario, etc, etc and keep pumping out the next half-baked fitness or ping pong series of games, then Nintendo's not going to sell their new console to me.

For god's sakes, we all KNOW what one means when they say kiddie or kid-friendly game for crying out loud.
Do some research before opening your mouth. (Referring to Wii-U)

Quote:
Monolith soft on Wii-U development, source andriasang.com

Kind of interesting, but not sure if the aiming for bethesda softworks thing is a joke or not. I hope they were referring to the experience gamers get form the games, and not the bugs and patching that comes with it.
Not surprising Nintendo owns Monolith Soft.
Old 2011-10-28, 02:05   Link #264
Sides

Final form of the Wii U will be revealed at next year's E3, source nintendo.co.jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo.co.jp
We are also planning to launch the Wii U, which is the successor to the Wii, during the next fiscal year. We would like to show the final format of the Wii U at the E3 show next year. As we learned a bitter lesson with the launch of the Nintendo 3DS, we are trying to take every possible measure so that the Wii U will have a successful launch.
Old 2012-04-27, 07:21   Link #265
Sides

Anyone saw the leaked Rayman Legends video? The game itself is multiplatform, but the Wii U version has some extra features like NFC, as seen in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, and touchscreen multiplayer feature, where one person has godlike powers, well Ok he/she can manipulate parts of environment.
Ubisoft is trying to pull the video, but his is the internet, once the cat made its way into the blender it keeps on shredding.
Old 2012-04-27, 07:36   Link #266
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Final form of the Wii U will be revealed at next year's E3, source nintendo.co.jp
When they say "final form", I assume they mean they have decided if the Wii U controller would be singular or not. We know it would be a handicap if the unique controller doesn't have hardware support for a second one. The ball is in Nintendo's court; to risk the costs of two controllers, or risk losing sales for having an obvious design flaw?
Old 2012-06-02, 15:26   Link #267
Sides

Depending where you live, tomorrow night there will be a special nintendo direct worldwide featuring new details on the Wii U. More info on the japanese site (it does have some english text on it this time around)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_d...012/index.html

Times:
Asia Pacific
4 June 07:00 JST
4 June 08:00 AEST

Americas
3 June 18:00 EDT
3 June 15:00 PDT

Europe
3 June 23:00 GMT
3 June 24:00 CET
Old 2012-06-02, 15:32   Link #268
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Yup, it's awesome, Nintendo's launching a preemptive strike with info on the Wii U. Could this imply that they're going to be announcing a lot of other things at their press conference?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 15:42   Link #269
Sides

Actually I was think more of, that they want real people to see what it is all about, before the "professional" press shits all over it. In that sense looks like, if MS and sony follows this example, there will be no need for video games journalist anymore, or rather sensationalistic approach will shrink. If this happens I hope that they will return to reviewing what they actually have in hand, rather than making crap up, plus selling their views as actual fact.
Old 2012-06-02, 16:14   Link #270
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Unless there can be 4 player tablet controller support (or a clever way around a limitation), I can't say I'm really interested. The best thing about Nintendo to date is its solid multiplayer games that I always enjoyed with all of my friends.

I don't have as much fun on modern online games as I did with stuff like Mario Party back then, so the last thing I want is to fight over who gets the best control scheme. If they can make the 4 controller thing work, it would be absolutely amazing. The idea is brilliant, and could be played around with so much to actually cause in nice leap in gaming if done properly.

So since I love Nintendo, I'm all for hearing how they deal with this. I just hope it doesn't end up disappointing; I want some crazy redemption after losing interest in the Wii.
Old 2012-06-02, 16:56   Link #271
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Actually I was think more of, that they want real people to see what it is all about, before the "professional" press shits all over it. In that sense looks like, if MS and sony follows this example, there will be no need for video games journalist anymore, or rather sensationalistic approach will shrink. If this happens I hope that they will return to reviewing what they actually have in hand, rather than making crap up, plus selling their views as actual fact.
Except, it's possible that people will just come to the conclusion that Nintendo is showing us what they want to show us. Previews from journalists will still have value of sorts. Truthfully I don't see this preview to be anything other than an early showcase of what would have been shown at the presentation, but in a controlled environment to avoid any possible screw ups if it's going to show any gameplay of video games.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 17:17   Link #272
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

What is Nintendo Direct? Also, when is the Nintendo press conference? Is it on Monday or Tuesday, and at what time?
Old 2012-06-02, 17:42   Link #273
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
What is Nintendo Direct? Also, when is the Nintendo press conference? Is it on Monday or Tuesday, and at what time?
http://e3.nintendo.com/

5th (Tuesday) Nintendo E3 presentation (press conference, if you want)
5th (Tuesday) Developer discussion with Wii U hardware producer Katsuya Eguchi
6th (Wednesday) Software Showcase

Nintendo direct is on monday, before E3, and is just about the Wii U presented by Satoru Iwata to the public.

Nintendo directs are basically online broadcast by nintendo, showing upcoming titles and hardware/accessories to the public, for the upcoming quarter, i think. It happens now and then.
Old 2012-06-02, 18:02   Link #274
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Yup, it's awesome, Nintendo's launching a preemptive strike with info on the Wii U. Could this imply that they're going to be announcing a lot of other things at their press conference?
I kinda hope so, as I want to hear news about what's coming to the 3DS (and don't want too much of a repeat of news from the the Nintendo Direct event during Nintendo's press conference).
Old 2012-06-03, 00:01   Link #275
Mateus

I'm excited for this, I kind of want to buy my parents a Wii-U to replace their oldschool Wii
Old 2012-06-03, 17:51   Link #276
Sides

So apart from the Wii U gamepad, Wii remote + attachments and balance board, it will also support a standard gamepad, called Wii U Pro Controller.
The Wii U Pro Controller reminds me of a 360 pad, but actually when I had a look at my 360 pad, it doesn't look like it, it is the shape that looks similar, but buttons and sticks are place differently.

Back to Wii U gamepad, new additions since last year are, proper analog sticks that are click-able (two extra buttons), NFC reader/writer, repositioned buttons and sticks, and the casing/shell is now shaped more ergonomical.

Aside form the gamepad a lot was shown on Miiverse and online functions of the console and gamepad.

Reckon if you check out siliconera or andriasang.com later today/tomorrow they will probably have a write up of the broadcast.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:53   Link #277
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
So nintendo just outed the online service for the Wii U (and 3DS and android apparently!) and the new pro remote.

The online service will revolve around Miis again so not so sure that's gonna work but I'm not getting much into that discussion until someone has had his hands on the thing and gives some impressions.

What I'm more interested to see is the reaction to the new pro controller:

It's basically the 360 shape with the best d-pad around today (the nintendo one) and what I call a reverse playstation layout for the face buttons: both analogues on top with the dpad and the face buttons down and center.

I have the feeling that it'll probably be the best gamepad off the big three for a while even if I'm a bit afraid of the face buttons positions: they kept it simple and just used the standard cross layout but I think they should have moved them around a bit.

Of course that this depends on the type of games you play: if you love shooters (or katamari) it's gonna feel great, if you like action games like God of War or top-down/isometric/jrpgs or even platformers where you don't control the camera directly it'll be just as bad as the current PS3 layout (or even worse) and if you like racing games it'll probably be a non-issue.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 17:57   Link #278
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
The pre-conference wasn't anything to write home about, considering a good deal of the information presented was already shown a year ago.
The presentation of the connectivity raises some question about how intrusive it may be on the long run.

Whereas nothing terribly exciting was presented, it is a huge lump of information and "theorycraft" about the Wii U connectivity that it will probably lighten the load for the real conference, and if Nintendo actually focus heavily on games for their E3 conf, that might turn the tables, especially they didn't pull TEH Reggie yet.

However, I'm still quite concerned by the game... "pad", because so far, I have hard time to imagine its price any lower than 80-100€, which would be a huge deterrent.
Old 2012-06-03, 18:00   Link #279
Shadow5YA

I really don't like the button layout on the Pro controller. The ABXY buttons are set too far inward.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 18:11   Link #280
Sides

http://andriasang.com/con1ak/wii_u_details/

Regarding the Wii U Pro Controller, it is just the Wii U gamepad without the screen and other gimmicks, squashed together and with bigger face buttons(?).
Kind of disappointed, since the the classic controller pro was probably the best pad out there last gen, even though it didn't had rumble feature. But I doubt I will get the extra pad anyways, unless there a cheaper hardcore pack with the Wii U Pro Controller instead of Wii U gamepad.

Tags
nintendo