AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 16:52   Link #161
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramengud View Post
I'm a bit disappointed that the Wii U can only handle one table controller.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-ninten...--203141.phtml
Actually this has not been comfirmed. The console isn't finalised, and Nintendo is looking into how many it an support.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 17:07   Link #162
ramengud

Hopefully they can at least get two.
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 17:51   Link #163
Sides

£2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wouldn't that make it cheaper than the 3DS? I'd honestly be shocked if this thing ended up being anything lower than $400, minimum. The controller alone should be much more than a PS3/360 controller, so that alone should raise the price a decent amount. Add in that it should be configured to not instantly fail in the next generation, rather than barely being an upgrade to this generation, and it makes sense that it'd have the same price ratio to the 3DS that the Wii did to the DS (which would put it at like $417).
The 3ds, and PS3, were overpriced, and showed that you cannot charge people too much for anykind of tech, especially for a toy.
Since Wii-U won't be available until next year, price for the main components should be less expensive by then. £250 sounds reasonable, but the way nintendo commented on the price seems that even at 20000 JPY they would make a profit. Of course they want to make as much profit as possible, but if they can shift more units at the launching period, this would encourage 3rd parties to keep on board with the U. Keeping the price low, will help videogame consoles in the future, for being overpriced and becoming entertainment units.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 18:20   Link #164
Ermes Marana

That would be pretty sad if you couldn't use at least 2 of the new controllers. I thought that was one of the main points.

They brought up sports games, where you can secretly choose your play without the other player knowing... but obviously both players need a controller to do that.

Multiple new controllers would also open up a new style of console games, drawing inspiration from card games and board games.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 20:03   Link #165
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
What the Wii U needs is Pokemon Snap. Picture holding up that new controller as a camera, snapping shots and flicking up food/pester balls (or new items).

IT'S PERFECT, MAKE IT.
Pokemon Snap with all 600+ Pokemon = Absolute Win

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 20:11   Link #166
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Pokemon Snap with all 600+ Pokemon = Absolute Win
I actually can't think of a better way to kick off Wii U's potential Pokemon lineup for the future. They've still got Pokemon on the mind (evident with Pokedex 3DS), so that needs to happen.
Old 2011-06-08, 22:35   Link #167
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I have another question about external hard drives. So, USB 2.0 would be fast enough to play games from the hard drive, but you'd be better off buying a 7200 RPM hard drive rather than a 5400 RPM hard drive? That would actually matter in this case?

If a 7200 RPM external hard drive will allow you to play games with no hiccups, I'm buying one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
That would be pretty sad if you couldn't use at least 2 of the new controllers. I thought that was one of the main points.

They brought up sports games, where you can secretly choose your play without the other player knowing... but obviously both players need a controller to do that.

Multiple new controllers would also open up a new style of console games, drawing inspiration from card games and board games.
Nintendo is trying to work that out. The thing is, the hardware is not final. From what I know, it will take a lot of video RAM to stream data to a controller, and in order to have that for two controllers, it is even more RAM. If they do tweak the hardware to support two controllers, that might bump up the system price at launch, but I think it would be worth it. It would pay off much more in the long run to have two tablet controllers be able to be used at once (with visuals streamed to the screens), and Nintendo knows this.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2011-06-08 at 22:46.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 09:50   Link #168
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
From what I know, it will take a lot of video RAM to stream data to a controller, and in order to have that for two controllers, it is even more RAM.
How is almost 2 MiB a lot? That's how large one frame is at 960 x 540 resolution with 32-bit colours.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:44   Link #169
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hmmm , Nintendo really want to bring Hardcore gamer on their console now. Saw the new ubisoft WII-U exclusive FPS game , yep that's it.
I don't think we'll see a new Pokemon soon.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 13:24   Link #170
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Hmmm , Nintendo really want to bring Hardcore gamer on their console now. Saw the new ubisoft WII-U exclusive FPS game , yep that's it.
Pokemon has always been more of a handheld thing but some console outings haven't been that bad.
I wouldn't mind seeing some Pokemon stuff tho.

Nintendo looks like they are trying for a bigger, wider gamer base now but I still find it a little difficult for them to pull in HC gamers on the whole.
I don't see many HC gamers sitting down for their usual couple of hours of play while using that tabroller, it's just looks too unwielding for what the HC crowd generally play.
Or for that matter how heavy is it?
Too heavy and you won't get many playing with and opting for a normal controller instead, which kinda defeats the purpose of using the Tabroller for gaming.

I'll be waiting to see on whether or not I'll get 1 on launch day but I doubt it, not cause I don't like it or anything, the games I like playing work fine on my PS3 so no need to get another console if I won't play it.
Old 2011-06-09, 14:07   Link #171
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Heh, have you seen the line up trailer?
Ya, that line up seems built for the hardcore... nintendo is trying to loose that image of not being for hardcore gamers which has rather haunted the wii.
Old 2011-06-09, 14:30   Link #172
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I don't see many HC gamers sitting down for their usual couple of hours of play while using that tabroller, it's just looks too unwielding for what the HC crowd generally play.
Too heavy and you won't get many playing with and opting for a normal controller instead, which kinda defeats the purpose of using the Tabroller for gaming.
I agree for this. The controller isn't made for HC gamers.. honestly , it seems like playing a DS on a bigger screen... just look at the PAD... and i don't talk about the controller's battery life....
anyway , currently for me , Nintendo failed this time. Well , we'll see more at TGS maybe they'll show us a "surprise"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Heh, have you seen the line up trailer?
Ya, that line up seems built for the hardcore... nintendo is trying to loose that image of not being for hardcore gamers which has rather haunted the wii.
Yeah i saw it .. i was like , REALLY ?
Note that most of people already own PS3 , Xbox 360 or a good PC...
This line up , one more time , show Nintendo fail.

Except Zelda , Mario & cie , i expected another line-up...
Well we still have 1 more year so...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 14:30   Link #173
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Pokemon has always been more of a handheld thing but some console outings haven't been that bad.
I wouldn't mind seeing some Pokemon stuff tho.

Nintendo looks like they are trying for a bigger, wider gamer base now but I still find it a little difficult for them to pull in HC gamers on the whole.

I'll be waiting to see on whether or not I'll get 1 on launch day but I doubt it, not cause I don't like it or anything, the games I like playing work fine on my PS3 so no need to get another console if I won't play it.
All hands on users I've heard say the controller is really light and comfortable.
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/117/1173582p1.html
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 15:05   Link #174
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

I'm not sure what you people want. We complain because Nintendo remakes games too much, then we complain when they bring in games that are new to the company. I do have a bit of trouble seeing just how well shooters will work with that tablet controller, but I personally welcome Nintendo's new decisions.

They've also announced that they're getting rid of friend codes and using Gamertag-like online functions. I suppose we'll be hearing that they're ripping off XBOX next, but if they didn't do that, there'd be complaining that the friend code system is complicated (which it is, in my opinion).

As for the tablet controller, reviews say it's about as light as the first DS and a tiny bit heavier than the PSP-1000. Seriously, pick up a PSP and feel how light that is. I just really hope that can stream 2+ controllers at once, because that's the whole point of it. If not, they could even wire them or something. Having one tablet controller connect to ruins their entire "Gaming for everyone" speech.
Old 2011-06-09, 19:50   Link #175
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

About the limitations of having only one controller...

I think the easiest solution without expensive change in hardware, is if they follow the example of the old school original gameboy. Link cables.

Make it so that two Wii U consoles can physically hook up with each other, so that each only has to process graphics to its own controller. Of course, that means anyone who wants multiplayer would have to have their own console per person, but at the very least people can visit their friends and play that way.

Nintendo need, badly, to solve this single controller issue. They are so close to getting a winner; I hate to see them stumble over the execution of the idea.
Quote:
If not, they could even wire them or something.
Oops, you beat me to it.
Old 2011-06-09, 19:59   Link #176
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
About the limitations of having only one controller...

I think the easiest solution without expensive change in hardware, is if they follow the example of the old school original gameboy. Link cables.

Make it so that two Wii U consoles can physically hook up with each other, so that each only has to process graphics to its own controller. Of course, that means anyone who wants multiplayer would have to have their own console per person, but at the very least people can visit their friends and play that way.

Nintendo need, badly, to solve this single controller issue. They are so close to getting a winner; I hate to see them stumble over the execution of the idea.

Oops, you beat me to it.
"Valiant" idea; like XBOX System Link it could work. Seriously though, the big problem would be wireless streaming (like poor Miyamoto's presentation), and they could work around that problem with wired controllers. I personally HATE wireless controllers.>.>
Old 2011-06-09, 20:16   Link #177
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
"Valiant" idea; like XBOX System Link it could work. Seriously though, the big problem would be wireless streaming (like poor Miyamoto's presentation), and they could work around that problem with wired controllers. I personally HATE wireless controllers.>.>
Actually, yeah. I was perfectly happy with wired controllers, why did they change that? I mean, I still use a wired mouse for my computer. I still play my DSi wired up to mains power whenever I can.

Though so far Nintendo claim the issue is the processing speed of the data in the console itself, not the streaming to the controller. So I am afraid it is unlikely that having wired controllers would solve the issue.
Old 2011-06-09, 20:28   Link #178
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Actually, yeah. I was perfectly happy with wired controllers, why did they change that? I mean, I still use a wired mouse for my computer. I still play my DSi wired up to mains power whenever I can.

Though so far Nintendo claim the issue is the processing speed of the data in the console itself, not the streaming to the controller. So I am afraid it is unlikely that having wired controllers would solve the issue.
My wireless controllers ALWAYS run out of batteries in-game, and half the time I have to spend syncing the damn things back to the proper console instead of one that's close by. You're right about the other part; I really, really hope they won't be doing one controller. IGN had an article today that only raises more questions; apparently Miyamoto said that you can "use one with a system", but moved on to talk about how the 3DS was begging to be a wireless controller for the Wii U, and how friends would bring over their controllers. Nothing's set in stone yet, and that bothers me.
Old 2011-06-09, 23:06   Link #179
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
I love them though. Got used to them in TOS 2 and after using them in Xenoblade, I can really say that it works just as well if not better then wired controllers.
Well, maybe Xenoblade isn't a "hardcore" game or whatever that "hardcore" gamers consider.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 03:45   Link #180
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Looks like the controller screen's resolution is 854 x 480.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo