AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-01-19, 09:13   Link #441
Dahak86
Let me njoy ur toy, Ajay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
What's with these unaired eps these days? Aren't there specials too?
looks like this series is gonna get both. which is perfectly fine by me.

Jap vs Ita
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 10:09   Link #442
mangatron
Boobzai!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
looks like this series is gonna get both. which is perfectly fine by me.
September, dude. That's what gets me. Sure, I can wait for Max Payne 3 (how many years?), Legend of Zelda OoT on a handheld (oh my), but..... we're talking about a potential bath scene of my waifu, that is something I cannot wait a week for , heck someone better throw me into a stasis pod because 9 months is torture XD

But since I'm a sane persona, as long as this broadcast run has a swimsuit episode I'll be happy.

The best wife a man could have.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
-*My last post for 2014 is dedicated to my PS Vita
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 10:51   Link #443
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

a unairded ep & funi license dub.

oh yea indeed all we need now dub cast on it got wonder who funi will cast on it give i do got some guesses.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 11:19   Link #444
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
September, dude. That's what gets me. Sure, I can wait for Max Payne 3 (how many years?), Legend of Zelda OoT on a handheld (oh my), but..... we're talking about a potential bath scene of my waifu, that is something I cannot wait a week for , heck someone better throw me into a stasis pod because 9 months is torture XD
Oh come on now, look on the Bright Side:

In the months in between Seitokai No Ichizon Season 2 not to mention Dog Days Season 2 will give us all the bounce and knee-high socks we need.

Besides you wouldn't want Ricotta and I woldn't want Milly to get lonely now, would we?>
Old 2012-01-19, 14:03   Link #445
lightsenshi
Author

Excessive fanservice is excessive. I only hope there's more story and less fanservice in the rest of the series.
Old 2012-01-19, 14:10   Link #446
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Excessive fanservice is excessive. I only hope there's more story and less fanservice in the rest of the series.
sometimes i need these fanservice anime's something not really heavy to think just something to watch and enjoy and every now and then face palm at the slapstick comedy.
Old 2012-01-19, 14:55   Link #447
Dahak86
Let me njoy ur toy, Ajay.

Quote:
now that I think about it, there's only 1 kind of fanservice I don't like: Manyuu Hiken-chou -- yeah, that one...

Jap vs Ita
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 15:06   Link #448
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

When was this licensed?

I guess this is a good thing since this means more money = more likely 2nd season
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 15:07   Link #449
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

"fan service" implies it is an extra bonus content apart from the main.
I don't believe the terminology is valid use when it is the main content of the product.

Complaining about it on HDxD is like going to watch a Jackie Chan movie and complaining about excessive action stunt scenes.

I once recall watching a critic review where one person complained how the acting and plot in a Jet Li kung-fu movie was terrible.
The other critic basically told him "I don't know what you look for when watching a Jet Li kung-fu action movie, but I look for Li to kick butts with excellent kung-fu moves. And this film delivered."

Move on, you're obviously watching it wrong.
Old 2012-01-19, 15:20   Link #450
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
sometimes i need these fanservice anime's something not really heavy to think just something to watch and enjoy and every now and then face palm at the slapstick comedy.
You can get that without excessive fanservice easily.

If you're looking for fanservice, that's all well and good, but not all of us out there are.

Last edited by lightsenshi; 2012-01-19 at 15:35.
lightsenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 16:44   Link #451
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

If you're looking for fanservice, that's all well and good, but not all of us out there are.
The storyline is actually pretty good though as is the comedy (though I'm talking about the LN no idea how the anime will handle it).
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 17:18   Link #452
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
You should leave now and save yourself from the grief and others from hearing you gripe over it.
Old 2012-01-19, 17:23   Link #453
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Well, before replies, am I the only one who thinks that baring the cosplaying kitten (for obvious reasons), boobs are way too plumpy and bouncy milky (@mangatron) I mean, I like HotD/INAZUMA and Melody of Oblivion's finale, but it ends up creepy, rather than attractive... cow/human-hybrids anyone There is a line between human large breast and milking cows

Quote:
Fanservice (not limited to H) can never be enough, as long as it is not self-fulling. Fuck that even when it is it has its charm, like those atrocious shounen, shoujo, mecha, and other crap that people praise are good from time to time like fanservice

Quote:
now that I think about it, there's only 1 kind of fanservice I don't like: Manyuu Hiken-chou -- yeah, that one...
Add Maken-ki, and I will agree, these to did the unthinkable... made me drop an (well two) ecchi anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I don't believe the terminology is valid use when it is the main content of the product.
Thank you aohige, but explaining to n00bs that fanservice is not only ecchi or that H manga chapters are not doujinshi is an exercise in futility

Quote:
Complaining about it on HDxD is like going to watch a Jackie Chan movie and complaining about excessive action stunt scenes.

I once recall watching a critic review where one person complained how the acting and plot in a Jet Li kung-fu movie was terrible.
The other critic basically told him "I don't know what you look for when watching a Jet Li kung-fu action movie, but I look for Li to kick butts with excellent kung-fu moves. And this film delivered."

I hope more posters from several threads took that advise

Quote:
ORLY, have you watched Horizon

Quote:
No it's not, assuming you mean ecchi fanservice, I kind of agree, that there are a lot of hentai anime and manga with more plot complemented by sex, instead of cute moe-blobs complemented by token plots and rich settings
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 17:47   Link #454
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Well, before replies, am I the only one who thinks that baring the cosplaying kitten (for obvious reasons), boobs are way too plumpy and bouncy milky (@mangatron) I mean, I like HotD/INAZUMA and Melody of Oblivion's finale, but it ends up creepy, rather than attractive... cow/human-hybrids anyone There is a line between human large breast and milking cows
That blonde nun chick's got rather modest breasts as well. And I think Rias' and Yuuma's boobs are mighty fine. Not too big, not too small (obviously ). Waiting to see Akeno in her full glory before handing down judgment.

Quote:

Quoted for truth. It's fairly nonsensical to complain about "fanservice" in a series like this one. The ecchi is one of its selling point. If you don't like it, it's perfectly fine, but be aware you're watching the wrong anime.
Old 2012-01-19, 18:10   Link #455
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
^ Wathcing the wrong anime a recurring theme here lately

Now on the cows, dunno, maybe more naturally bodied characters will show up except from the extremes of the first couple of episodes (Koneko vs. Rias). And as I implied I like extremes... when human-ispired, not cow-based I expect the four hidden nipples to show up any time
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 19:20   Link #456
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well it wouldn't be half cause Issei was resurrected as a devil.
But isn't he still a human, biologically? Or did his Dna change after being resurrected?
Still, even if, it could still be different from that of an ordinary demon who was born a demon, thus getting different results

Quote:
Anyways, that ep 03 preview is up. Guess who's back?
Spoiler for episode 03:

Ahem. Uhm.... bring on the Aishia pantsu?
Spoiler for ep 3 preview:

Quote:
Yes, now that one was extremely disgusting. I've seens some screenshots on Sankaku and had problems holding back from puking right over the keyboard.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-01-19 at 22:02. Reason: Let's not link to images that will violate forum rule 1.3...
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 19:20   Link #457
mangatron
Boobzai!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
In the months in between Seitokai No Ichizon Season 2 not to mention Dog Days Season 2 will give us all the bounce and knee-high socks we need.

Besides you wouldn't want Ricotta and I woldn't want Milly to get lonely now, would we?>
lol. They better show more Yukikaze! She's the perfect combination of knee-socks + big ears in that series, and lowering her screen time is a crime

Quote:
There is a line between human large breast and milking cows
I was never a fan of Manyuu Hikenchou, I couldn't even finish the first episode and I never touched it again

Now perhaps the correct thing to say is.... I like the bounce, but not the overly huge big ones

Quote:
I got a perfectly valid complaint. I watched Shinjuku Incident, and that did not have enough action stunt scenes! A Jackie Chan movie! And he even had an H scene to boot, wtf in all my years of following Jackie Chan movies this is the first I've seen of him doing it /jk

Quote:
And as I implied I like extremes... when human-ispired, not cow-based I expect the four hidden nipples to show up any time
I like human inspired too. But.... maybe, just maybe Rias and Akeno have a supernatural boost to their size since you know.... they're devil girls *runs*

Well really compare them to the rest of the school

While we're on the topic of big ones, remember when you said back in ep 01 Issei was sleeping like a baby and did nothing to Rias? Well, in ep 02 she said she hugged him and squeezed her softness on him, so I win the bet! Time to pay the piper, buddy. Your punishment is you need to say "I like big ones yes I do" ten times publicly for all the world to see (just dump it in my vm's lol)

The best wife a man could have.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
-*My last post for 2014 is dedicated to my PS Vita
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 19:33   Link #458
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
But isn't he still a human, biologically? Or did his Dna change after being resurrected?
Still, even if, it could still be different from that of an ordinary demon who was born a demon, thus getting different results

Spoiler for ep 3 preview:

Yes, now that one was extremely disgusting. I've seens some screenshots on Sankaku and had problems holding back from puking right over the keyboard.
I guess it depends on how demons in general are created? Some demons are created through the corruption of the human soul.

Also, the fact that they said "you're one of us now." is telling me that he's no longer human. Which is fine, to be able to fight fallen angels and the like, you have to be supernatural.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-01-19 at 22:02. Reason: Removed link.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 22:07   Link #459
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Really want to ask, cos of late I'm sick to death of being forced to identify with cruel and hateful anti-heroes after being dragged through 3 Episodes of a disgustingly mean-spirited-and-cynial piece of shit called "Game of Thrones" by friend who thought the Idealistic-Heroism of Fate Unlimted Blade Works was "unrealistic" fantasy.

Sure, Rias-Oneechan and CO seems to be decent person.

Right Now, at least.

But is it only an act (like QB of Puella Magika Madoka Magi) that will be dropped as soon as it loses its necessity, before drawing Isse into a life where he has to laugh while killing babies, burning cities while causing endless misery and suffering like a TRUE Devil?

Or is this a hopeful universe where you can be a kind, decent and good-hearted person who wants to make the world a kinder and gentler place even if you ARE a Devil?

Sorry, the disgusting fatalism of Thrones left such a bad taste in the mouth that I don't ever want to taste it EVER again.
Old 2012-01-19, 22:53   Link #460
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Really want to ask, cos of late I'm sick to death of being forced to identify with cruel and hateful anti-heroes after being dragged through 3 Episodes of a disgustingly mean-spirited-and-cynial piece of shit called "Game of Thrones" by friend who thought the Idealistic-Heroism of Fate Unlimted Blade Works was "unrealistic" fantasy.

Sure, Rias-Oneechan and CO seems to be decent person.

Right Now, at least.

But is it only an act (like QB of Puella Magika Madoka Magi) that will be dropped as soon as it loses its necessity, before drawing Isse into a life where he has to laugh while killing babies, burning cities while causing endless misery and suffering like a TRUE Devil?

Or is this a hopeful universe where you can be a kind, decent and good-hearted person who wants to make the world a kinder and gentler place even if you ARE a Devil?

Sorry, the disgusting fatalism of Thrones left such a bad taste in the mouth that I don't ever want to taste it EVER again.
Glad to see someone else who dislikes Game of Thrones as much as I do, if for a slightly differently thrust reason.

To me, this doesn't seem like a very 'gritty' show. Heck, it's #1 goal is fanservice (which it's very good at). The primary group of protagonists probably can't betray each other due to Devil-relations or whatever. And it's pretty clear the Fallen Angels are the primary antagonists, while the [true] Angels seem more like something to be dodged.

So... I doubt your fears have enough basis for you to be too scared of it. Would it make you feel better if I told you I'd drop it too if it went that direction?

It sounds like you should go watch Usagi Drop or something. *pats*

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen