AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-19, 02:36   Link #1641
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Technically, Issei costed his comrades the loss of the Rating Game, but at an intellectual and tactics level, it was Rias's shortcoming not having realized before how much unlimited determination and undying love Issei held for her to willingly put himself at such extreme lengths of danger to win to save her and his comrades.
As it was then, winning would have been highly improbable. His body was quite badly damaged, and the opponent has a constant regen effect. Their own healer had been mission-killed.


Odds were to high even before Raiser started pounding him.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 09:35   Link #1642
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Episode 11

Wow... that's quite a lot of pages to go through. Sure it didn't take me long to read, but every time I saw the word "novel", I was... not too happy

Spoiler for a novel rant from mangatron:

Ahem ah, but the actual ep, can anyone raise their hands if your a fan of that Aisha eyecatch? No one? Aw, no Aisha fans here? Poor girl gets no friends here even though she wants some don't worry Aisha! I'm a fan of your body uh, your sacred gear, yeah! We'll be friends forevack *Koneko kicks mangatron in the kloot* speaking of that eyecatch, I can't be the only one who noticed Aisha's eyecatch goes quite well with Koneko's eyecatch in the pevious ep...

Something pissed me off in this episode though, and that was.... Aisha's clothes were largely intact after such a huge blast wtflolwaaah Akeno actually lost? Cheating I say! I don't care if that blasted phoenix queen has several of my fetishes such as garters, stockings and big ones, but... Akeno..... she couldn't have endured such a huge blast and still have much of her clothing intact! UNSCIENTIFIC!! In Ikkitousen a simple punch would obliterate a girls shirt and bra underneath, time to have a word with the production staff about science and physack *Koneko falcon punches mangatron*

Here's something that surprised me: twintail drill blonde was actually the imouto of birdman. Eh, I guess a harem isn't a harem if there isn't an imouto in it Ah, forget it, To Love Ru's Momo is just poisoning my mind about Mikan joining Rito's harem....

About the rest of the ep... eh the fight's were okay I guess. I was hoping for Sword Rain instead of an earthquake, that sure would have shot down the twintail and you, Malky, I see you're hoping for some NTR you silly bastage I'll tell you guys what I'm hoping for: please, oh puurty please let episode 12's eyecatch be with Rias in her bridal outfit, or rather, what's left of it I WILL ACCEPT NOTHING LESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You know, I feel a bit sad for Koneko, she's the only one in the team who doesn't have a special ability of her own. Akeno's got her lightning and the others have incredibly powerful sacred gears. I wouldn't be surprised if she received a power-up in the future.
Yeah, me too. The tiny girl never looked happy either, ah I want to see her smile But what kind of power up should she have, hmm. I say speed would make her really awesome, Rias' gang doesn't really have a speedster, does she? Turbo powered kitty sounds like the perfect powerup

Gah. I need a new avatar
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 09:47   Link #1643
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Here's something that surprised me: twintail drill blonde was actually the imouto of birdman. Eh, I guess a harem isn't a harem if there isn't an imouto in it Ah, forget it, To Love Ru's Momo is just poisoning my mind about Mikan joining Rito's harem....
Hey, it's not really incest anyway unless you get her pregnant....

(Croaking Weakly) I'm sorry, Yui-chan, I'll never say that again.... (Crossed fingers behind back)
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 22:15   Link #1644
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Hey, it's not really incest anyway unless you get her pregnant....

(Croaking Weakly) I'm sorry, Yui-chan, I'll never say that again.... (Crossed fingers behind back)
100Gigatons beats Sonic Blastman's 100Megatons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUyoD0XxfSw


Oh when and where will I see Issie's awesome dragon powers?
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 22:27   Link #1645
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
100Gigatons beats Sonic Blastman's 100Megatons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUyoD0XxfSw


Oh when and where will I see Issie's awesome dragon powers?
Assuming the Blu-Ray sales (hopefully) justify it, Season 2.
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 22:57   Link #1646
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Oh when and where will I see Issie's awesome dragon powers?
Talking Boobs :P?
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 23:03   Link #1647
bumbayker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Assuming the Blu-Ray sales (hopefully) justify it, Season 2.
I don't think it's just the DVD/BD sales that will determine if an anime will given another season. TV ratings are also play a factor and also attracting more/bigger sponsors. But judging how much popularity HS DxD has gained since the anime was aired 2 months ago, it's almost a given it will at have another season. I just hope the budget will be bigger next season so we can have better animation and/or more episodes.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 23:23   Link #1648
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Yeah, the motivation for a 2nd season is not limited to DVD/BD sales. For instance, Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? (I don't know why I keep making references to it) released its first Blu Ray on 3/25 of last year. The last episode of the show was broadcasted on 3/29. In the last episode, they gave a very huge clue of a 2nd season by showing a new character at the end. Skits and dubs are usually done a couple of weeks before the actual air date at the latest, so there's no cause and effect relationship in that one, even if the 1st volume sold 10k on the first 2 days or something.

Which makes me think they probably planned to have more than one season at the very start.
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 01:06   Link #1649
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
I don't think it's just the DVD/BD sales that will determine if an anime will given another season. TV ratings are also play a factor and also attracting more/bigger sponsors. But judging how much popularity HS DxD has gained since the anime was aired 2 months ago, it's almost a given it will at have another season. I just hope the budget will be bigger next season so we can have better animation and/or more episodes.
TV ratings reality check here... they don't mean sh*t unless it's kid show, like Gundam, Naruto, etc. Boosting novel sales and disc sales matter for late night shows... if money is the only thing the producers care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Yeah, the motivation for a 2nd season is not limited to DVD/BD sales. For instance, Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? (I don't know why I keep making references to it) released its first Blu Ray on 3/25 of last year. The last episode of the show was broadcasted on 3/29. In the last episode, they gave a very huge clue of a 2nd season by showing a new character at the end. Skits and dubs are usually done a couple of weeks before the actual air date at the latest, so there's no cause and effect relationship in that one, even if the 1st volume sold 10k on the first 2 days or something.

Which makes me think they probably planned to have more than one season at the very start.
Parallels with other ecchi anime (based on shounen novels) are inevitable, and in this case Akeno resembles in many ways Sera

PS: The above parenthesis for sarcasm
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 02:04   Link #1650
Jellal
Anime Critic
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
As it was then, winning would have been highly improbable. His body was quite badly damaged, and the opponent has a constant regen effect. Their own healer had been mission-killed.


Odds were to high even before Raiser started pounding him.
Honestly, Issei may be somewhat responsible for the defeat as the final piece defending his queen.
But be that as it may, he technically fought on par with 9 pieces in all - more then anyone on his team. If anyone, Akeno, the strongest piece in Rias set - as Raiser claimed, marked their defeat.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-03-20 at 02:45.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 02:46   Link #1651
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Folks, please try to be careful about the source material, ok? Remember that this is an anime thread and spoilers are not allowed.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 03:25   Link #1652
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Second season is possible. I just checked ami-ami now and every single "High school DxD" item are sold. Even the first dvd/br are sold. The only ones which arent sold yet as the remaining dvd/br which is on for pre-order.
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 05:54   Link #1653
bumbayker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
TV ratings reality check here... they don't mean sh*t unless it's kid show, like Gundam, Naruto, etc. Boosting novel sales and disc sales matter for late night shows... if money is the only thing the producers care about.
Dude, what planet are you from? Ratings DO matter in any show aired on TV. Do you honestly think TV stations just air them for mere publicity? It's for both the show's producers and the station to earn money from TV ratings. The more people watch the anime in Japan contributes to the overall profit.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 05:58   Link #1654
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Dude, what planet are you from? Ratings DO matter in any show aired on TV. Do you honestly think TV stations just air them for mere publicity? It's for both the show's producers and the station to earn money from TV ratings. The more people watch the anime in Japan contributes to the overall profit.
No, I'm pretty sure the system for late-night anime in Japan is different from the regular one in America for example. That they air it so late at night means only dedicated fans would watch them, and the indicator of whether or not the show will get good amounts of money comes from DVD/BD sales as well as various merchandises. They only air it as publicity for those other products.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 06:39   Link #1655
bumbayker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
No, I'm pretty sure the system for late-night anime in Japan is different from the regular one in America for example. That they air it so late at night means only dedicated fans would watch them, and the indicator of whether or not the show will get good amounts of money comes from DVD/BD sales as well as various merchandises. They only air it as publicity for those other products.
The thing is the anime doesn't air late night in Japan and airs at 11 am every Friday. Taking your argument to consideration, the ratings do matter.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 07:03   Link #1656
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
The thing is the anime doesn't air late night in Japan and airs at 11 am every Friday. Taking your argument to consideration, the ratings do matter.
Yeah, but I think the case for this is different as it aired on AT-X, which I'm pretty sure is cable and not regular broadcast TV so the ratings cont are different.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 11:54   Link #1657
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Well the first blu ray special is out in raw so far.

Quick little 3 minute fanservice/comedy.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 12:22   Link #1658
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Well the first blu ray special is out in raw so far.

Quick little 3 minute fanservice/comedy.
not bad, though it could've been better.
it's like a "condensed" beach-ep. not sure what to make of this choice... guess I would've liked it better if it was the usual half-ep/full-ep length.

but.. no special-previews? DaiMaou had them!
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 13:21   Link #1659
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
What subs you guys watch?

I did start with *** cause used them in the past and they have been good, but sadly they must do too much stuff during credits and opening that mine lags big time during those times, thus have been doing ***.

Though have been doing a bit of rewatching and you really notice the bad translations in regards to this group. I mean they are great for a quick first watch, but would hate to have to rely on them.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-03-20 at 22:19. Reason: LICENSED meeans no sub-group discussions...
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 15:31   Link #1660
bumbayker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
What subs you guys watch?

I did start with *** cause used them in the past and they have been good, but sadly they must do too much stuff during credits and opening that mine lags big time during those times, thus have been doing ***.

Though have been doing a bit of rewatching and you really notice the bad translations in regards to this group. I mean they are great for a quick first watch, but would hate to have to rely on them.
*** has lousy encoding IMO which causes the slowdown in the ending song. Your alternative is ***. They're not the best and seldom have translation errors. They are still improving but I prefer them over ***. If some more experienced fansub group picks up the BDs I'll probably get theirs. I wouldn't want to get the BD's from Funimation even if they're are licensed due to their sub-par dubbing and subbing. I even heard they sometimes steal translations from fansub groups and place it as their own.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-03-20 at 22:20. Reason: LICENSED meeans no sub-group discussions...
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.