AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-20, 07:48   Link #3401
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
its still sold good and above average from other shows.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 18:16   Link #3402
Hokoga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Why are Kinji and Reki being expelled in volume 12?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:17   Link #3403
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverick View Post
Average sales for all 7 volumes was:
*5,321 - Hidan no Aria (Spring, 7 vols) 1,874 DVD (36%) / 3,447 BD (65%)
Well, I guess it did warrant a second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Why are Kinji and Reki being expelled in volume 12?
Remember that Kinji wants to live a normal life. So, he fill out and turned in the necessary papers to transfer out of Butei high. IIRC, he did this once before but the school blew him off. However, after the second time they took his desire to transfer seriously. But instead of going to the process of transferring him to another school they just kick him out. And as far as Reki is concerned she once stated that she would follow Kinji wherever he wanted to go. So when kinji left she went with him.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:34   Link #3404
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
They can't really transfer him out because he is a butei and has taken on criminals with records. Those records need to be secure or purge and can't go with him if he wants to go to an ordinary school. so the cover story is he got kicked on his previews school.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 20:11   Link #3405
Hokoga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
well I guess that makes sense aside from Kinji it really wouldn't make sinse if they kicked Reki out so she left on her own. But where did they go after that?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 20:28   Link #3406
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
well I guess that makes sense aside from Kinji it really wouldn't make sinse if they kicked Reki out so she left on her own. But where did they go after that?
Kinji and Reki began living at kinji's grandparents home and began atttending a normal school. GIII and Kaname also started living at their grandparents home too. GIII to learn secret family fighting techniques and kaname to be with her family members (Kinji in particular (brocon )).
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 20:50   Link #3407
Hokoga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Kinji and Reki began living at kinji's grandparents home and began atttending a normal school. GIII and Kaname also started living at their grandparents home too. GIII to learn secret family fighting techniques and kaname to be with her family members (Kinji in particular (brocon )).
wow thank you
But I think I should stop asking questions because now I'm even more depressed that I won't be able to read it.

Last edited by Hokoga; 2014-01-15 at 18:24.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 04:35   Link #3408
Anicca
Lost Wanderer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
you aren't familiar with dvd/bd sales aren't you? that number isn't average at all but above average. Anything that sales 5000+ is GOOD.

True the anime butchered lots of fighting scenes. they tend to make it believable but it failed.

But one thing I love at the anime is when Aria starts getting angry. Kinji didn't hesitate to jump on his balcony.

Its better to swim on the cold river than got a body full of holes.

that scene was golden.
Not only when he jumps in the balcony, but also when he hid in the bulletproof cabinet.
Anicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 09:44   Link #3409
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: A country home next to a golf course in Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
But I think I should stop asking questions because now I'm even more depressed that I won't be able to read it.
Somewhat same feeling on my end as well. I was hoping that the translation would have continued into winter break and possibly reach this volume/ones past it, because although Reki is not the main focus of it, she plays a good part. What I mean is (and this is coming from previous summaries), while Kinji promised to teach Reki aspects of life, she in her own way is continuing to teach him about accepting his own life and those already around him.

Plus, I really wanted to read the bits where she has him chase her around his house.
__________________
Always observing, always waiting for the next intriguing tale.
Maverick Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 10:06   Link #3410
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anicca View Post
Not only when he jumps in the balcony, but also when he hid in the bulletproof cabinet.
ah, that one. That was a useful cabinet. but I remember that one in the novel but not the jump on the lake because Aria has gone ballistics again.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 08:37   Link #3411
TarkTheTrinigon
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ah, that one. That was a useful cabinet. but I remember that one in the novel but not the jump on the lake because Aria has gone ballistics again.
By Volume 12, I just kind of starting disliking Aria. She was a good tsundere, but now how he does is annoy Kinji (When she calls him after he leaves the school,all she did is yell, not even stating that she missed him). I actually prefer Riko more. Its obvious that Kinji is going to end up with Aria though.

As for a second season, I would like one, since it the title would get a lot more popularity and maybe that will influence DMG to push on with the light novels.
TarkTheTrinigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 09:04   Link #3412
Hokoga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Entity View Post
Plus, I really wanted to read the bits where she has him chase her around his house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarkTheTrinigon View Post
By Volume 12, I just kind of starting disliking Aria. She was a good tsundere, but now how he does is annoy Kinji (When she calls him after he leaves the school,all she did is yell, not even stating that she missed him).

ok I know I said I wouldn't ask any more questions but my curiosity has been Piqued , can someone tell me the page that the spoilers for volume 12 starts on.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 09:13   Link #3413
TarkTheTrinigon
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post

ok I know I said I wouldn't ask any more questions but my curiosity has been Piqued , can someone tell me the page that the spoilers for volume 12 starts on.
122 I think, don't be to exited. Tsunade did a bit by bit summary of it, but she does not speak Japanese, so she translated it by using a translator. Its quite a great summary though.
TarkTheTrinigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 09:45   Link #3414
Hokoga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Thank you
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 09:52   Link #3415
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Well, based on the cover of Volume XVI (16) it says that there's a new Hidan no Aria project green-lit, and the volume itself may have some info about it. There's also a particular campaign related to the project.

I'm sure that there's a bigger chance for Hidan no Aria AA to be adapted instead of a second season of Hidan no Aria.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 10:26   Link #3416
TarkTheTrinigon
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
It would be quite weird for them to continue where the last anime took off.

My guess is that the new season (if there is indeed a new project) will be a gamble.

If they can pull off a epic fight against Sherlock, this season will be a lot better than its predecessor.

The chance for HnA AA is quite possible, seeing that the light novel author kind of ruined it around volume 13 with the magic nonsense while AA kept it somewhat realistic (if you count dodging bullets realistic)

HnA AA is my guess.

The light novel is still a huge seller in Japan, so the sales probably will be better than last seasons anyways.
TarkTheTrinigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 08:01   Link #3417
TarkTheTrinigon
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Guys, I try translating volume 16 summary

I went on Amazon, and I'll tell you, google translate does nothing for you unless you actually have some understanding of the language, in which you can sort of understand it.

After using multiple translators, I think I found out what Volume 16 is about and what "power" the new girl has.

The title is translated by Google as "Werewolf of the fort of Aria" So, I don't really understand it that much, but my guess is that the new girl is either a werewolf or in some type of danger involving a werewolf (hence the knife shes holding on the cover page)

The summary makes no sense at all by translating it, but it keeps involving remnants of Germany during WW2 and along with it, the N@azis (excuse me, but im not sure if I would banned by saying that or not)

Also the name "warrior Lisa" pops up at every translating site I use, so this girl might as well be Lisa.

Question:Would it be legal to translate SUMMARIES of light novels from Japanese to English? I assume so.
TarkTheTrinigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 09:43   Link #3418
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Let me help you on that, although I'm not that polished when it comes to translations.

東京武偵高校、そこは武力を行使する探偵――通称『武偵』を育成する特殊な学校。強襲科の超エリートでSラ ンクの最強武偵・アリアのパートナーに選ばれてしまった(普段は)ただの一般人・遠山キンジ。ナチス・ドイ ツ残党『魔女連隊』との戦車戦に辛勝したキンジだったが、ヨーロッパ戦線で絶対的な強さを誇る『妖刀』の襲 撃を受け、『死』を予告される。さらに、味方であるはずの師団からも裏切り者の嫌疑をかけられ、たった1人 で逃亡することに。眷属・師団の両方から狙われ、窮地に陥るキンジだが――その逃亡中に遭遇したのは、キン ジとは反対に眷属から脱走してきた臆病者の戦士・リサで……? 大スケールアクション&ラブコメディー第16弾!

Tokyo Butei High School is a special school where aspiring detectives—known to many as "Butei"—train their fighting skills. The strongest Assault Rank S Butei, Aria H. Kanzaki, always ends up choosing the "ordinary" Kinji Tohyama as her partner. Kinji barely won in a tank battle against the Witch Regiment from the remnants of Nazi Germany, but the Europe front's most powerful weapon, the "Fairy Sword" unleashes an attack, proudly announcing the impending doom of their foes. To make things worse, suspicions of a traitor amidst his allies in the division quickly spread, and one of them flees from battle. Kinji is faced with a dilemma between his family and his division, but he soon encounters the one who left them behind... the cowardly soldier Lisa!
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 15:42   Link #3419
TarkTheTrinigon
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Let me help you on that, although I'm not that polished when it comes to translations.

東京武偵高校、そこは武力を行使する探偵――通称『武偵』を育成する特殊な学校。強襲科の超エリートでSラ ンクの最強武偵・アリアのパートナーに選ばれてしまった(普段は)ただの一般人・遠山キンジ。ナチス・ドイ ツ残党『魔女連隊』との戦車戦に辛勝したキンジだったが、ヨーロッパ戦線で絶対的な強さを誇る『妖刀』の襲 撃を受け、『死』を予告される。さらに、味方であるはずの師団からも裏切り者の嫌疑をかけられ、たった1人 で逃亡することに。眷属・師団の両方から狙われ、窮地に陥るキンジだが――その逃亡中に遭遇したのは、キン ジとは反対に眷属から脱走してきた臆病者の戦士・リサで……? 大スケールアクション&ラブコメディー第16弾!

Tokyo Butei High School is a special school where aspiring detectives—known to many as "Butei"—train their fighting skills. The strongest Assault Rank S Butei, Aria H. Kanzaki, always ends up choosing the "ordinary" Kinji Tohyama as her partner. Kinji barely won in a tank battle against the Witch Regiment from the remnants of Nazi Germany, but the Europe front's most powerful weapon, the "Fairy Sword" unleashes an attack, proudly announcing the impending doom of their foes. To make things worse, suspicions of a traitor amidst his allies in the division quickly spread, and one of them flees from battle. Kinji is faced with a dilemma between his family and his division, but he soon encounters the one who left them behind... the cowardly soldier Lisa!
Your he'll a lot better than me. Do you know Japanese at all? I just used a translator. I'm thinking of taking Japanese classes since most of my favorite stories are japanese, and its also an excellent business language as well.
TarkTheTrinigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 19:17   Link #3420
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Not that much. I translated mostly through Rikaichan (a Firefox plugin that installs a dictionary into the browser) and my constant exposure to Japanese. The keyword there is "exposure"; exposing yourself in a lot of Japanese will help in learning the language. But of course, you need to learn how to read hiragana and katakana for starters.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.