AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-18, 08:39   Link #3821
TarkTheTrinigon

Also, does anyone know what happened to the Hidan No Aria AA manga translation?
TarkTheTrinigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 10:12   Link #3822
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Looks like a promo for the new upcoming Hidan no Aria project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=LNUjdAPpkBA
The project is called "AA project". There are 3 of them and the first one is light novel adaptation of the AA manga. The 2nd & 3rd projects will be announced this winter.

It's unlikely one of them will be a second anime season of the main series since the project is called AA.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 10:42   Link #3823
TarkTheTrinigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The project is called "AA project". There are 3 of them and the first one is light novel adaptation of the AA manga. The 2nd & 3rd projects will be announced this winter.

It's unlikely one of them will be a second anime season of the main series since the project is called AA.
Ah so theirs three of them. What could the other projects be then? I can only imagine that they are saving the biggest announcement last.
Old 2014-07-18, 15:39   Link #3824
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarkTheTrinigon View Post
Ah so theirs three of them. What could the other projects be then? I can only imagine that they are saving the biggest announcement last.
I think one of these 2 projects will be Hidan no Aria AA Anime Adaptation but i cant imagine the last project. Maybe the future of Hidan no Aria? the posibility of ending the main story?
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 16:17   Link #3825
lucasdeis

MF Bunko J Summer Festival will arive in 1-2 days they might tell us something about the future of HnA there
Old 2014-07-19, 07:07   Link #3826
lucasdeis

So i've got a question it seems Hidan no Aria light novels have sold around 500 million copies but how can this be possible? SnS has sold over 8.5, To aru majutsu no index over 10 million and SAO over 11 million i just cant understand this. can somebody explain this to me?
Old 2014-07-19, 07:55   Link #3827
tsunade666

that stupid. maybe 5 million but not 500 million. who ever give that number has more zeros than the actual nubmer is.

From what I remember when the anime is showing. It already sold 1-2 million.

SAO sold 11 million? are you sure too?

And Index is way over 10 million. That number is when OT is being sold. Last time I checked its 14 million but not sure.

One thing is for sure. Index is still the number 1 in total sales for current light novel series.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 08:44   Link #3828
TarkTheTrinigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
that stupid. maybe 5 million but not 500 million. who ever give that number has more zeros than the actual nubmer is.

And Index is way over 10 million. That number is when OT is being sold. Last time I checked its 14 million but not sure.

One thing is for sure. Index is still the number 1 in total sales for current light novel series.
Yeah 500 million is a bit off... Hidan No Aria only sold 430k LNs in 2012...

They had better years, but no matter how you look at it, 500 Million is like closer to worldwide Naruto manga sales
Old 2014-07-19, 09:10   Link #3829
AP24

When the anime first came out the LN sold almost 2 million copies total. Now it's over 5 million copies.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 16:57   Link #3830
lucasdeis

Quote:

Hmm maybe i got it wrong but here in the japanese wikipedia it shows a 500 number:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%B7%...83%AA%E3%82%A2

And in the last HnA video you can also see clearly a 500 number
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNUjdAPpkBA

Last edited by lucasdeis; 2014-07-19 at 19:11.
Old 2014-07-19, 18:15   Link #3831
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
Hmm maybe i got it wrong but here in the japanese wikipedia it shows a 500 number:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%B7%...83%AA%E3%82%A2

And in the last HnA video you can also see a clearly 500 number
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNUjdAPpkBA
500万

500 myriad (ten thousand), or 5 million

Remember, whether Japan or China, many far eastern countries separate their numbers in groups of 4 (myriad), not 3 (thousand).

Interestingly enough, when the metric system was first devised, it included a unit for 10,000 (myria-), but by the time it was finalized, this unit was no longer officially used.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 18:58   Link #3832
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin A'sair View Post
500万

500 myriad (ten thousand), or 5 million

Remember, whether Japan or China, many far eastern countries separate their numbers in groups of 4 (myriad), not 3 (thousand).

Interestingly enough, when the metric system was first devised, it included a unit for 10,000 (myria-), but by the time it was finalized, this unit was no longer officially used.
Interesting thanks for answer my question.

is 5 million copies a lot or just a normal number for a light novel serie?
Old 2014-07-19, 19:53   Link #3833
tsunade666

Quote:
Interesting thanks for answer my question.

is 5 million copies a lot or just a normal number for a light novel serie?
It means a LOT. If a light novel manage to sale 1 million its already sold good.

if its average sales 50k per volume it already means its above average.

Getting sales beyond 100k means its one of the most popular and well liked by audience.

Light Novel sales is different from Manga.

Mostly everyone can probably appreciate a good manga but not a novel. Well because its only pure words and no drawing. The same for light novel with few illustrations.

Old 2014-07-19, 20:08   Link #3834
lucasdeis

Quote:
It means a LOT. If a light novel manage to sale 1 million its already sold good.

if its average sales 50k per volume it already means its above average.

Getting sales beyond 100k means its one of the most popular and well liked by audience.

Light Novel sales is different from Manga.

Mostly everyone can probably appreciate a good manga but not a novel. Well because its only pure words and no drawing. The same for light novel with few illustrations.
Mediafactory has been saying that HnA is a Blockbuster and its super ultra popular

if HnA has sold around 5 million copies with 17 volumes it means 300k copies per volume
Old 2014-07-21, 00:52   Link #3835
lucasdeis

If Digital Manga Guild drops the HnA translation will Baka-Tsuki translate the future volumes?
I just cant believe how long they are taking to translate the novels (which they are already translated 1-10) It would be faster study Japanese than wait until they translate the whole serie
Old 2014-07-21, 01:40   Link #3836
Nihgthawk

Quote:
If Digital Manga Guild drops the HnA translation will Baka-Tsuki translate the future volumes?
I just cant believe how long they are taking to translate the novels (which they are already translated 1-10) It would be faster study Japanese than wait until they translate the whole serie
There is precedent for this to happen. If the series is dropped by DMG baka-tsuki will most likely do what they did for Shakugan no Shana and reactivate the project. Thou all volumes of the series that have been licensed will not be allowed up on the site regardless if they were ever released by DMG. Thou they might also require that someone would actually want to translate the series to reactivate it as well and this series always had a problem with finding translators before it was abandoned.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 05:08   Link #3837
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
There is precedent for this to happen. If the series is dropped by DMG baka-tsuki will most likely do what they did for Shakugan no Shana and reactivate the project. Thou all volumes of the series that have been licensed will not be allowed up on the site regardless if they were ever released by DMG. Thou they might also require that someone would actually want to translate the series to reactivate it as well and this series always had a problem with finding translators before it was abandoned.
With that said. I dont think we are going to enjoy a English HnA Novel for a while
Old 2014-07-21, 15:26   Link #3838
TarkTheTrinigon

Quote:
With that said. I dont think we are going to enjoy a English HnA Novel for a while
Don't get sad, I will probably "summarize" the Italian translations into English for you guys. The Italian translation is pretty good pace considering Its over-half way done with volume 7. Although, I know the majority of you guys want to read Volume 11 in English, so I will fulfill your wishes once the Italian translation gets to that point
Old 2014-07-22, 07:49   Link #3839
TarkTheTrinigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarkTheTrinigon View Post
Don't get sad, I will probably "summarize" the Italian translations into English for you guys. The Italian translation is pretty good pace considering Its over-half way done with volume 7. Although, I know the majority of you guys want to read Volume 11 in English, so I will fulfill your wishes once the Italian translation gets to that point
I know its weird quoting myself. But if you run the italian translation through Google translate, you get a pretty solid translation.

I'm prob only going to need help with the special-names like the weird things Kinji makes up randomly in the battles
Old 2014-07-22, 08:44   Link #3840
tsunade666

Your doing italian translation? then if the italian translation can really be translated using google translate and the italian translation manage to passed what's already been translated. A.K.A. vol 11. Then I will read it. Thanks in advance.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen