AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-11, 06:13   Link #1321
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I suppose I should study for biology today.

I will continue translating after Monday, or perhaps earlier.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 10:16   Link #1322
Mars Mode

The moment I liked Kinji was when he jumped rom the roof and decided to be his BGM.

Why? Because he saw Aria cying, and the mission with the cat. He made conections of sort and he saw Aria in his memories as the little kitty. Then he decided.

He didnt decide to be a Butei. He decided to help a girl crying. He decided to be the ally of the inexperienced Aria.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 10:46   Link #1323
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've always figured it would end like this...

Spoiler for Silent_to_Small_Fire: Hidan no Aria version:
What...Aleister Moriarty Crowley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
I suppose I should study for biology today.

I will continue translating after Monday, or perhaps earlier.
Neither can I do anything until Monday morning either....
Old 2011-06-11, 11:23   Link #1324
Hiro Hayase

Hahaha I'm going be to offline for the most part too, I have a 11-14 (depends on plane speed and weather) hour flight to the U.K.~ Then, there's another two flights after that. Airport security's a hassle though, but understandable I guess. :/

James Moriarty will come up sooner or later, if his descendant is a girl then she might join Kinji's harem lol.

It does seem like Kinji pitied Aria after glimpsing through volume 1 a bit.
Quote:
"A history with girls who found out his secret and abused it?"

Like who? I was under the impression that very few understood his Hysteria Mode.
Kinji didn't mention a specified person, just that girls would ask him for favors while he's in HSS, so he couldn't refuse them. Kinji was really afraid and insecure when he thought about what would happen if the girls requested an unreasonable or sexual favor.

For example, Kinji in HSS would say sugar-coated words to girl A and flirts with her a bit, afterwards Kinji returns to normal extremely embarrassed and regretting what he said. I can imagine that it would be pretty awkward for Kinji in normal mode seeing girl A the next time, and this same pattern happened with many more girls.

Those experiences before entering Butei High most likely motivated him to become the cold, loner, and indifferent type of person that he was in his first year. While also earning him the name of misogynist as a result.

Well the light novel's explanation was something like that. I'll bring up the quote as soon as I find it. I really want to hear the full story about Kinji's life in his first year as a Butei. The author only gives bits of teasers here and there, but never the full story yet.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-06-11 at 11:59.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 12:13   Link #1325
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Since everyone is taking a break... Might as well post a nice HnA MAD for a good breather.

That looked like an opening movie for a visual novel. Weird, I personally liked this one better than the anime OP.
I liked the chorus part with Reki and Aria back-to-back. That Rook and King switching is clearly a reference to Castling Turn.
I think Reki is depicted as a rook because of how she's a sniper and Aria is symboled as the king because... well, she's a noble.
And Kinji would be a pawn because he's a slave.

--------

On another note, Hidan no Aria X will be out next month, July 25th, subtitled: "Imouto, Arawaru".
Seems like the next character to shine is Kinji's younger sister. Sounds promising.
http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/books.php?id=28272

Tachiyomi corner's not up yet so we can't read the first chapter.

Last edited by Suiri Megami Alice; 2011-06-11 at 13:56.
Suiri Megami Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 12:50   Link #1326
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

That MAD was quite enjoyable.

The Comic Alive cover was extremely nice.

Hidan no Aria-chan was quite enjoyable.

Cosmic is doing it.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-06-11, 12:52   Link #1327
tsunade666

who's doing the last chapter of vol 7? it's started to be translated but no one is registered in it.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 13:12   Link #1328
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

I suddenly had the urge to play a HnA visual novel after watching that, but there's none. Yuzu-soft will do, I guess.

Speaking of Comic Alive, there were 2 gaiden chapters of HnA published there. 緋弾のアリア 番外編 ももまん紛失事件, 緋弾のアリア 番外編 成瀬ゆかり事件. Anyone has raws for them? (I'm not asking for a link btw, just curious if anyone has it)

I think I might join Team Basker... err, I mean Team Baka-tsuki around next week depending on how much free time I can allocate in translating. Cosmic Eagle is doing v7c4 I believe.
Old 2011-06-11, 13:42   Link #1329
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

V7C2 has been completed. Long chapter.

I do not have possession of the gaiden.

On another note, this was the first chapter that I translated purely from Japanese.

My head hurts quite a lot more.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・

Last edited by Icy.Tear; 2011-06-11 at 13:53.
Old 2011-06-11, 14:07   Link #1330
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
V7C2 has been completed. Long chapter.

I do not have possession of the gaiden.

On another note, this was the first chapter that I translated purely from Japanese.

My head hurts quite a lot more.
Otsukaresama. It sure is harder to translate JP -> EN. Translating 62 pages from Japanese is a hard mode difficulty. Although it's nothing compared to the next chapter of 84 pages. Talk about lunatic mode...
Old 2011-06-11, 14:26   Link #1331
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Yeah, I'm juggling that as well as trying to read/watch/play/study manga/anime/VNs/Biology respectively.

'Tis rather tiring.

However, 'tis always helpful to my Japanese.

Ah...I'm the one translating Chapter 3, aren't I.

Well, as payment, I demand to be the one to translate the epilogue.

Also, can anyone read the furigana for the epilogue? My copy is rather blurry, I can make out: 「バンディーレ」 however, I have no idea what that means.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-06-11, 14:43   Link #1332
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Also, can anyone read the furigana for the epilogue? My copy is rather blurry, I can make out: 「バンディーレ」 however, I have no idea what that means.
In that MAD video, they wrote it as Bandire. I think I have encountered the same katakana in Campione. It sounds like Italian to me. I'm not sure what it means either.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bandire
Old 2011-06-11, 14:58   Link #1333
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Kinji didn't mention a specified person, just that girls would ask him for favors while he's in HSS, so he couldn't refuse them. Kinji was really afraid and insecure when he thought about what would happen if the girls requested an unreasonable or sexual favor.

For example, Kinji in HSS would say sugar-coated words to girl A and flirts with her a bit, afterwards Kinji returns to normal extremely embarrassed and regretting what he said. I can imagine that it would be pretty awkward for Kinji in normal mode seeing girl A the next time, and this same pattern happened with many more girls.

Those experiences before entering Butei High most likely motivated him to become the cold, loner, and indifferent type of person that he was in his first year. While also earning him the name of misogynist as a result.

Well the light novel's explanation was something like that. I'll bring up the quote as soon as I find it. I really want to hear the full story about Kinji's life in his first year as a Butei. The author only gives bits of teasers here and there, but never the full story yet.
But that sounds more like an annoyance than a real trauma that would change his way of life.

Also that explanation of Kinji's HSS sounds distinctly different from how he currently uses it. While Kinji has always been a gigolo in HSS, he's usually in control of the situations he's in. However, Kinji describes his first year as if he was being controlled.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 15:34   Link #1334
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Yes, but in the MAD, they wrote HSS as Histeria Savant Syndrome.

Unfortunately, I do not put much faith in Japanese people's English.

Including Akamatsu-sensei's.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-06-11, 16:26   Link #1335
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Reading v7c2. I'm starting to think Kinji's a Choutei, with denial as his superpower. He wouldn't be better at it if the Tohyama clan had its roots in Egypt.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 16:35   Link #1336
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Reading v7c2. I'm starting to think Kinji's a Choutei, with denial as his superpower. He wouldn't be better at it if the Tohyama clan had its roots in Egypt.
If he had roots in Egypt, Patra would have dropped hints about his past, if not with his crossdressing brother.

Then again, it could be entirely plausible since the story is still pretty much in early-mid stages. There might be clues to his past if we try tracing his family name (Tohyama, literally meaning "Eternal Mountain") alongside world history - the author might play out the story that way.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 19:20   Link #1337
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Hahaha, Full Course Aria
Old 2011-06-11, 19:43   Link #1338
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If he had roots in Egypt, Patra would have dropped hints about his past, if not with his crossdressing brother.

Then again, it could be entirely plausible since the story is still pretty much in early-mid stages. There might be clues to his past if we try tracing his family name (Tohyama, literally meaning "Eternal Mountain") alongside world history - the author might play out the story that way.
hell Genghis Khan here is Yoshitsune (double WAT) that is traced back to early China and the part where Lake Baikal is not yet Russian territory. also a bit of Russia, isnt Catherine the Great the one who made it big? or is it some unknown czar/czarina who expanded Russia's borders?

Kinji? from Egypt? nah.... his HSS was inherited from his predecessors, including the very notable Kagemoto who was both magistrate and hero (known by his childhood as Kin-san). closest proximity of the ancestry of the Tohyama basing from Kagemoto is the Minamoto clan... but I would like to see some other surviving clans that still are active for his 'marriage' and another Shirayuki-like maiden added to the fray.
Old 2011-06-11, 20:36   Link #1339
Glacierfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
hell Genghis Khan here is Yoshitsune (double WAT) that is traced back to early China and the part where Lake Baikal is not yet Russian territory. also a bit of Russia, isnt Catherine the Great the one who made it big? or is it some unknown czar/czarina who expanded Russia's borders?
Apparantly the Russians expanded into Siberia during the 17th century under successive regimes. The territories around Lake Baikal, for example, according to Wikipedia was conquered between 1628 and 1658. And since Catherine the Great reigned during the mid 18th century, she was not the one that expanded Russia eastwards. She extended the Russian borders westwards and southwards instead.
Glacierfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 21:44   Link #1340
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

「遠」does not mean eternal in Japanese or Chinese.

What you said is saying: "Riko's name means 'Reason Child' in Japanese."

词语 as well as conjunctive kanji sometimes take on entirely different meanings from their base factors.

...takes on different meanings based on its conjunction. Only 「永遠」carries the connotation of perpetuality, and in Chinese, this is reflected through other terms such as「永久」, which implies that the only function for 「遠」in that conjunction is to act as long;far.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen