AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 22:33   Link #121
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Oh Nera, Hikari.... where are you? can you confirm this DELICIOUS speculation?
Dunno....I haven't read 9 but......yar it seems possible ^^
Old 2011-04-22, 22:58   Link #122
tsunade666

Hikiri didn't read further too. Nera is the only one who probably read that far. Hilda is the blonde twin tail girl right?

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 23:04   Link #123
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Hikiri didn't read further too. Nera is the only one who probably read that far. Hilda is the blonde twin tail girl right?
Yar...I've only read the fight with her at the start of 8 but she's a vampire with Vlad's durability and she's stronger than him by a fair margin.

Also...just curious. To all those that have fired .50AE with the DE....how's the recoil compared to say...a GPMG?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-04-22 at 23:28.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 00:00   Link #124
ZeKeR
Superbad

Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yar...I've only read the fight with her at the start of 8 but she's a vampire with Vlad's durability and she's stronger than him by a fair margin.

Also...just curious. To all those that have fired .50AE with the DE....how's the recoil compared to say...a GPMG?
lets just say after you shot it, the area between the thumb and pointer feels sore and your wrist is aching. this is if you continue to shoot all seven bullets without stopping to aim properly.

a GPMG has a stand so the only thing that it can do is vibrate your whole arms but it wont make them THAT sore... unless you're carrying a high recoil MG or a SAW

if the Butei students are authorized to equip MG's (Shirayuki didnt have her katana thats why she went guns-a-blazin' at that time instead of choppy), then it would be Assault's Special Weapons Heavy Teams or something related to that
Old 2011-04-23, 00:51   Link #125
tsunade666

Plus a GMPG had a thing that can be put on your shoulder. I'm not good at guns but when I look at the picture. It's like the rifle type that you can rest on your shoulder to support the recoil as for Desert Eagle. The whole impact will be absorb by your hands and elbow to shoulder but mostly your hands will probably feel the full blunt of it.

Old 2011-04-23, 09:25   Link #126
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
lets just say after you shot it, the area between the thumb and pointer feels sore and your wrist is aching. this is if you continue to shoot all seven bullets without stopping to aim properly.

a GPMG has a stand so the only thing that it can do is vibrate your whole arms but it wont make them THAT sore... unless you're carrying a high recoil MG or a SAW

if the Butei students are authorized to equip MG's (Shirayuki didnt have her katana thats why she went guns-a-blazin' at that time instead of choppy), then it would be Assault's Special Weapons Heavy Teams or something related to that
A SAW is my standard weapon on exercise and ops. I can burst fire from standing and it doesn't feel too uncomfortable....

I heard too many stories about people getting smacked in the face by a recoiling DE...

The new EU structure and rules of war makes things more fun....throw out your champions and fight duels like card games...Hilda is one of the Kenzoku (Grenada?) for the E.U with the Vatican nun Meiya as the leader.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-04-23 at 09:38.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 09:37   Link #127
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

So what was that about Watson now? A descendant of John H. shows up?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 11:10   Link #128
endarion88

i have problem in accessing at B-T is just me or it's server have problem right now?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 11:17   Link #129
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

up already, since it's so short, it could be a restart, which is scheduled at regular intervals, which was set up because of a database bug that will no longer queue requests under certain conditions.
Old 2011-04-23, 11:18   Link #130
ZeKeR
Superbad

Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
A SAW is my standard weapon on exercise and ops. I can burst fire from standing and it doesn't feel too uncomfortable....

I heard too many stories about people getting smacked in the face by a recoiling DE...

The new EU structure and rules of war makes things more fun....throw out your champions and fight duels like card games...Hilda is one of the Kenzoku (Grenada?) for the E.U with the Vatican nun Meiya as the leader.
actually im not in active service but I do get a lot with my uncle who sometimes goes on business trips all over the world.

a full auto SAW with ZOMG recoil (what fits the bill is those that fire bigga rounds liek M60E4 and the M2HB) will make your wrist and arms a bit sore.
Old 2011-04-23, 11:39   Link #131
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Ah...I thought it was crashed too, so I read a few chapters of manga before I realized that it had gotten up a while ago.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 21:07   Link #132
tsunade666

neh, I'm having problem on the anime adaptation with their cutting of important details and the pacing. The pacing is okay and I love it but by this pacing vol 1 will take 5 episodes to be finish. And the most they can do on a 1 cour anime series is vol 3. I hate to see vol 4 and 5.2 be rushed so vol 3 is the best bet.

episode 3 = will be first mission
episode 4 = will probably the event with Aria and her mom and then Kinji meeting with Riko and the start of the plane hijacking
episode 5 = will be the battle of butei killer.
episode 6 = start of vol 2.

Old 2011-04-23, 21:29   Link #133
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
neh, I'm having problem on the anime adaptation with their cutting of important details and the pacing. The pacing is okay and I love it but by this pacing vol 1 will take 5 episodes to be finish. And the most they can do on a 1 cour anime series is vol 3. I hate to see vol 4 and 5.2 be rushed so vol 3 is the best bet.

episode 4 = will probably the event with Aria and her mom and then Kinji meeting with Riko and the start of the plane hijacking
I'm fine with slow pacing, for the most part it's kept most of the important details in. I'd hate something like 5 novels crammed into 12 episodes. Also the fact that Sayanaki has appeared in both episodes despite not appearing until volume 3 makes me think that volume is where they want to end on.

I agree with the timeline for the episodes though, looking forward to Kinji landing the plane.

About the novel translations though, Sherlock really doesn't strike me as someone who has committed crimes and murders though, he seems like everything he's done has basically been to protect the Hidan thing, including taking over EU. Now the question would be why Kanae was framed and stuff but I'm sure we'll learn about that later.
Old 2011-04-23, 21:59   Link #134
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:

I think they'll put both first mission and Aria's mother in ep3. I saw Riko in the preview, and the background didn't appear to be in the greenhouse. I think it might be in the family restaurant after Aria's mother scene.

Also, I think HnA will have 13 episodes not 12. If you look at the blu-ray and dvd release at TBS site, they'll be releasing 7.
BD/DVD 2-7 are 50mins in length, while BD/DVD 1 is 25min. And you can do the math.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/aria/goods/dvdbd.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
About the novel translations though, Sherlock really doesn't strike me as someone who has committed crimes and murders though, he seems like everything he's done has basically been to protect the Hidan thing, including taking over EU. Now the question would be why Kanae was framed and stuff but I'm sure we'll learn about that later.
Using what Kana said to Kinji in v4c4:
"We guided Aria into EU. However, if she's not qualified--which means, weak, we'll kill her and find another leader. That is the conviction of those in Daio."

I think they framed Kanae so Aria would go after EU. They know she would go after them to save her mother. If she didn't pass the trials EU put to her, they'll kill her. If she did, they have a way to convince her to take EU's leader position.

I may be mistaken since it's been a while since I last read v5 and I can't remember the exact reason. But this is what I can gather for now.
Old 2011-04-23, 22:10   Link #135
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
I think they'll put both first mission and Aria's mother in ep3. I saw Riko in the preview, and the background didn't appear to be in the greenhouse. I think it might be in the family restaurant after Aria's mother scene.

Also, I think HnA will have 13 episodes not 12. If you look at the blu-ray and dvd release at TBS site, they'll be releasing 7.
BD/DVD 2-7 are 50mins in length, while BD/DVD 1 is 25min. And you can do the math.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/aria/goods/dvdbd.html
Don't forget in episode 3 they would have to also do the scene with Kinji visiting Assault. That was a decent development moment for Aria seeing him surrounded by everyone. It really depends on how long the mission takes. I could see the mission being over by halfway through leaving the other half for Aria's mother visit and talking to Riko.

Edit: I forgot the crane game scene too.
Old 2011-04-23, 22:13   Link #136
tsunade666

I also agree that framing Kanae will give Aria a reason to move out and hunt EU. And with her hunting them she will prove her strength, improve it and even find a partner.

If episode 3 will also shows up the event with Kanae and the bus hijacking. I just think it lacks time to do so because they also show the event with Kinji and Aria with Leopon. And knowing the bus hijacking that part takes a lot of time and also after that the hospital and Kinji's poor stalking of Aria. And after all that. It will just be the event with Riko. By the pacing JC staff is doing I just doubt it. It will just feel rushed.

Old 2011-04-23, 22:21   Link #137
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Actually I'm surprised that the title of the novels didn't get explained until the 4/5 ones. Usually that gets explained pretty early on. Unless I missed something sooner.
Old 2011-04-23, 22:30   Link #138
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Don't forget in episode 3 they would have to also do the scene with Kinji visiting Assault. That was a decent development moment for Aria seeing him surrounded by everyone. It really depends on how long the mission takes. I could see the mission being over by halfway through leaving the other half for Aria's mother visit and talking to Riko.
Yeah. Next episode, people might change their view to Aria (or lighten their opinion at least), since not only character development, but that's also where she'll be more soft in her tsun attitude like thanking Kinji and commenting how he looked cool surrounded by everyone like you said.

I'm not sure how they'll handle the pacing for the busjacking. But they might rush it (I'm still doubtful why they left out the key plot of Riko destroying Kinji's watch last episode). Well, they just have to show how Aria took the hit instead of Kinji, and they can just go straight to the hospital after that.

Edit: Oh I forgot, this is where they'll reveal Kinji's past and why he hates Butei and HSS too.

Quote:
If episode 3 will also shows up the event with Kanae and the bus hijacking. I just think it lacks time to do so because they also show the event with Kinji and Aria with Leopon. And knowing the bus hijacking that part takes a lot of time and also after that the hospital and Kinji's poor stalking of Aria. And after all that. It will just be the event with Riko. By the pacing JC staff is doing I just doubt it. It will just feel rushed.
That, I agree. Back to Assault and crane game, busjacking, hospital, Kinji's brother, and Aria's mother is too much for 1 episode. But we'll see next week.
Old 2011-04-23, 23:02   Link #139
tsunade666

the most trouble some part is the watch. I wonder what will they do with that part. It's a key plot and it's not been shown.

They can't just show Aria taking the hit if they show already looking at the sniper scope. It means Reki will rule the next episode.

Old 2011-04-23, 23:17   Link #140
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
the most trouble some part is the watch. I wonder what will they do with that part. It's a key plot and it's not been shown.

They can't just show Aria taking the hit if they show already looking at the sniper scope. It means Reki will rule the next episode.
Honestly was the watch that important? I honestly don't remember what it did for Riko other than make Kinji late for the bus that day and he could just be dumb again and miss it like he did in the first ep.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen