AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-17, 13:10   Link #1441
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
Yes, I will apologize for that. That was when I was translating from Chinese, and so I felt the need to be extremely thorough, but ever since starting to translate from Japanese, I have just decided to translate whichever one is most appropriate rather than doing that; while it is true that such events occur, it is mostly extraneous information.

I might just remove said references.

On another note, with the resolution of personal circumstances, I shall resume translating.
He's actually talking about the bit in chap 1 where Reki carries the Lei Ji kanji. I made that note to clarify stuff...Apparently it may be confusing....so it might be prudent to remove them? I dunno...
Old 2011-06-17, 13:31   Link #1442
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

In actuality, he was talking about Kazayuki's line at the end of volume 6.

His second post commented on the double-meaning references I placed in volume 4, and that was what my former post was directed at.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 17:35   Link #1443
endarion88

just seen ep 10...now i rly lost all the hope in the anime, almost feel like it will be better NO season 2, don't want to see this story ruined even more
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:05   Link #1444
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
just seen ep 10...now i rly lost all the hope in the anime, almost feel like it will be better NO season 2, don't want to see this story ruined even more
So is it diverging from the novel?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:43   Link #1445
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So is it diverging from the novel?
No it's not. It's actually being pretty faithful for the most part. All it's really doing to make it worse is cutting out some details, removing Kinji's inner monolouge and has a bit of a rushed pacing.

I've heard that it's rare for JC staff to do faithful adaptations though, so I guess this is good on them then.~

Though why are we talking about the anime in a Light Novel thread?
Old 2011-06-17, 20:49   Link #1446
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

I would argue that removing Kinji's monologue is in fact an improvement rather than making it worse.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 21:07   Link #1447
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I would argue that removing Kinji's monologue is in fact an improvement rather than making it worse.
I think it hurts his character. When you can't see what the character is thinking about certain situations then you could get the wrong impression about them.

The only thing I don't like about Kinji's inner monologue is how dense it makes him look. The most recently translated chapter is a good example.

The only plausible excuse I could accept about it is that his English was so bad he didn't know A, K and R were the English first letters in his, Aria's and Reki's names. But I seriously doubt that.
Old 2011-06-17, 21:23   Link #1448
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I think it hurts his character. When you can't see what the character is thinking about certain situations then you could get the wrong impression about them.

The only thing I don't like about Kinji's inner monologue is how dense it makes him look. The most recently translated chapter is a good example.

The only plausible excuse I could accept about it is that his English was so bad he didn't know A, K and R were the English first letters in his, Aria's and Reki's names. But I seriously doubt that.

I like his character better when he's not "thinking out loud", because when you get down to it- he's complaining about A LOT of things- mostly about girls and what horrible evil and devilish creatures they all are for being so sexually attractive, then he would move on to how Butei is a hateful place of abnormacy.

And yes there's the dense part, but I'm used to protagonists being dense; this is the first time I've seen one outright 'hate' girls though...
Old 2011-06-17, 23:07   Link #1449
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

The sensei, is he a bad guy? From episode 10, seems very evil just for a moment.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:19   Link #1450
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
The sensei, is he a bad guy? From episode 10, seems very evil just for a moment.
Anybody would have a "Just as planned" grin when they're surrounded by bare naked ladies
Old 2011-06-18, 03:43   Link #1451
endarion88

i didn't want start to talk about the anime i was just complaining that they have completly crushed some scenes that in the LN are really epic
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 04:59   Link #1452
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
any one who sparkles are bad guys.

sparkle sparkle and more sparkly sparkle. That guy reminds me of another sparkly guy that has a huge fandamb

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 09:59   Link #1453
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
any one who sparkles are bad guys.

sparkle sparkle and more sparkly sparkle. That guy reminds me of another sparkly guy that has a huge fandamb
Vlad, just where did your genes go wrong?! I know you live liek... forever... but THAT itself is no excuse to tap a trap! Just look what it spawned in the real world!
Old 2011-06-18, 10:54   Link #1454
mechdra

I understand how the anime turns out and how they cut out some cute scenes, epic scenes and how the story arraged. However, I always remember what Kurimu said in Setokai no Ichizon, it is called differences in media. We must always remember that.

Look at the bright side, at least we now enjoy the anime and light novel together at the same time. We are able to look at it in first person and third person view.

Some questions about certain characters. what happen to the Kokos after their capture?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 11:03   Link #1455
Shadowstriker
Standing by...

Kinji sums it up when he got back to school:

"I don't know the details and I don't wish to know, but I hear that Tsuzuri does some rather horrific stuff to suspects during her interrogations. Good. Let them get their punishment."

After that, well, let's leave it to our imagination.
Shadowstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 20:47   Link #1456
mysterious

from sword catching with only two fingers to alternating snipe bullet with 4 fingers, what next? catching javelin missile by two hands?
Old 2011-06-18, 21:13   Link #1457
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
from sword catching with only two fingers to alternating snipe bullet with 4 fingers, what next? catching javelin missile by two hands?
probably by the feat of SURFING A HELLFIRE MISSILE or throwing a Hydra rocket
Old 2011-06-18, 21:22   Link #1458
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
probably by the feat of SURFING A HELLFIRE MISSILE or throwing a Hydra rocket
Or Hang Time while firing dual pistols... In mid air.
Old 2011-06-19, 00:29   Link #1459
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
how about dodging snowflakes during a blizzard.

or dodging all those cute girls swinging melee /shooting magic powers/firing bullets at you while giving them each a kiss one the cheek, and making them blush while walking away with a smug smirk on your face.
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 01:46   Link #1460
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
or dodging all those cute girls swinging melee /shooting magic powers/firing bullets at you while giving them each a kiss one the cheek, and making them blush while walking away with a smug smirk on your face.
That is too good to be true

If I have not see the illustrations of the newest novel, I would have screamed when Reki decided to shoot herself. Is that what they call "good thing in bad thing"? Thanks to the bullet somehow misfires even after passing the strict quality exam of Reki, she still is alive It looks like Shirayuki and Riko getting along well. That is one less thing for Kinji to worry about his harem, I guess.

Tags
detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen