AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-20, 12:29   Link #341
yellowscarves

Okay, the news has sunk in and I've thought about it. First of all, no Jinchuu. Second of all, NO JINCHUU! Thirdly, if this is to test the waters, then they had the right idea by choosing the Kyoto arc. 2 OVA episodes won't do it any justice (unless they're each movie-length), but my optimistic self is hoping there'll be some sort of preview of Jinchuu at the end of the second one to generate hype. I can see Kenshin encountering Enishi after the credits roll.

Last edited by yellowscarves; 2011-08-20 at 12:44.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 12:29   Link #342
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Apparently this is the "Battle as told from Misao's perspective". It just gets better!

Seriously, DEEN, SJ, Watsuki-sensei - WTF were you thinking? Whose decision was this?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 12:35   Link #343
Kirarakim

I love reading replies about this news, not one positive thought anywhere. It's almost a comedy.

I guess we all did get our hopes up too high!
Old 2011-08-20, 12:38   Link #344
yellowscarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Apparently this is the "Battle as told from Misao's perspective". It just gets better!

Seriously, DEEN, SJ, Watsuki-sensei - WTF were you thinking? Whose decision was this?
Oh boy, where's the source for this one? Was it a translation from the official site?
Old 2011-08-20, 12:51   Link #345
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowscarves View Post
Oh boy, where's the source for this one? Was it a translation from the official site?
MAL is the source.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 12:57   Link #346
yellowscarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
MAL is the source.
It feels like any excitement I had left has just been drained.
Old 2011-08-20, 13:20   Link #347
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So when this thread was created it is was the biggest news of the year for me. After the announcement this is the biggest letdown of the year for me. Why do they give us hope only to crush it that badly.
Old 2011-08-20, 13:32   Link #348
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

It's been a while ever since I've watched RK, but this just bothers me because I can't imagine exactly how they could tell the battle against Shishio from Misao's point of view when she wasn't even present at said time. More so than that, I also don't remember her having any major influence on any of the two key pieces in the story, Kenshin and Shishio, so... what's the point?

I mean, don't get me wrong. I like Misao's character and all, but I'm just having a hard time imagining her fit into that description. Arguably gotta wait and see how it plays out, but at this point, and with "New" Kyoto naming scheme they went with, I'm all ready to watch more fanfiction, and this time written by Mari Okada. Now that I think about it, wasn't Aoi-Ya an inn? Maybe they'll tell us Misao's story and her daily chores at the Aoi-Ya while waiting for Kenshin's (and Aoshi's) return! Okada's Iroha experience will certainly contribute to this setting.
Old 2011-08-20, 14:10   Link #349
Lilith
Your average fangirl

...What? I loved the Kyoto arc in the anime series. :O But, just to be a little happy, I guess it's nice to see Kenshin again...
Old 2011-08-20, 14:18   Link #350
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I guess we all did get our hopes up too high!
I didn't, but then again i'm still reading the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Why do they give us hope
There was no set hope. It was just a bunch of fans hoping for something that wasn't announced. End of story.
Old 2011-08-20, 14:42   Link #351
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
It's been a while ever since I've watched RK, but this just bothers me because I can't imagine exactly how they could tell the battle against Shishio from Misao's point of view when she wasn't even present at said time. More so than that, I also don't remember her having any major influence on any of the two key pieces in the story, Kenshin and Shishio, so... what's the point?
We probably will get to see the "other" side of the battle, Misao&company versus the Juppongatana, since it happened at the same time as the main battle.

Which... sucks.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 15:18   Link #352
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post

I mean, don't get me wrong. I like Misao's character and all, but I'm just having a hard time imagining her fit into that description. Arguably gotta wait and see how it plays out, but at this point, and with "New" Kyoto naming scheme they went with, I'm all ready to watch more fanfiction, and this time written by Mari Okada. Now that I think about it, wasn't Aoi-Ya an inn? Maybe they'll tell us Misao's story and her daily chores at the Aoi-Ya while waiting for Kenshin's (and Aoshi's) return! Okada's Iroha experience will certainly contribute to this setting.
Misao actually formed a fairly strong bond with Kenshin, but yeah, the concept of the main story being told from her point of view of all people still sounds pretty silly.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 15:31   Link #353
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was it? Good thing I didn't get my hopes up
Old 2011-08-20, 15:33   Link #354
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Lol. See, I told people not to get excited! Lol.
This was the exact reason I was holding off posting until now. I just didn't want to be crushed later...

Anyway I'll still watch it just because its one of my favorite anime of all time and while the Kyoto is okay for san OVA remake I would have liked to see the entire series get a remake...oh well hopefully if this dose well maybe just maybe other arcs will get OVAs too.
Old 2011-08-20, 15:48   Link #355
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Mari Okada+Deen+Unnecessary remake ... Wonderful. Just wonderful. They should've just got Chiaki Kon to direct. I mean why hold back at this point? Crush all our hopes to the point where we can't even have the strength to say anything.

Sigh, and here I thought that Shueisha opening it's vaults was a good sign. Why wouldn't they make a Jinchu adaption is beyond me. What's the hold up? Past Shonen Jump manga's are already getting adapted without any issue, heck manga's that normally wouldn't get an adaption are getting ones, but one of the most well received and recognizable just gets a 2 part rushed remake?

WTF????
Old 2011-08-20, 16:22   Link #356
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
Studio Deen strikes again, lawlz.
Pretty much.

Can they just quit the anime industry???
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 16:28   Link #357
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
At least we'll always have Gintama.....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 16:43   Link #358
ZODDGUTS

As expected from Studio Deen.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 16:53   Link #359
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Deen... Deen... Fucking Deen.

Also, Mari Okada, what? She's a pretty good writer, but here it's kinda like a fish out of water. I just joked that a certain lead from one of her recent series seems to be a self insert; "someone somewhat competent in a sea of fail". And that would definitely be Deen. >.>

Couldn't we at least get the Higurashi Rei director?

Edit: Wait, it's the director for the old OVAs, and some other good stuff (Gundam Unicorn). We may actually have hope!
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 17:41   Link #360
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh lol, now the Deen hate appearing. Typical.

Yeah, because this was certainly Deen's idea.

Tags
action, historical, shounen