AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-04-18, 21:44   Link #21
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
1. Change passwords
2. Use Block
3. Block her email.
4. Anything else, use block?

Problem solved.
Already done all of that. Problem not solved.
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 21:48   Link #22
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

If this is as bad as the OP says, reconciliation is not an option. If Girl B is willing to do all this now to get what she wants, she would very easily do it again when disagreements arise later.

It would be like a battered spouse going back to the abuser.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 22:04   Link #23
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch Send a message via Skype™ to Flinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
But that actually happens a lot.
Old 2011-04-18, 22:24   Link #24
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
It's NOT a "matter of two people quarreling" like "delirium" said.
After all this time, my friend doesn't fight back (though it hurts her a lot); she tries to ignore the harassments, but girl B. just doesn't know where to stop. I saw her friends' hate speech, too.
Both parties are in the UK, where harassment is absolutely illegal.

Thank you everyone. This will go to the authorities. Police, parents, or both.

"We're going to get you"
That's a threat. So this is definitely a chargeable offence.
Especially "I'm not going to stop until I've made your life hell."
That's evidence.
Why did you make this thread, Tenken's Smile? Did you want a proper discussion on the matter, or did you simply want people to agree with you? It's not like you needed to be told to go to some sort of authority figure, so what's up? I find it awfully obnoxious that you pose a question to us, and not elaborate more on the situation so that people are able to make an informed decision, unhindered by a lack of information. Good luck with getting things to go the way you want them to, Tenken's Smile.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 22:27   Link #25
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
If someone told me that on facebook, which is pretty impossible because I don't even have a fb account anymore, I would laugh at them and tell them to fuck off and grow up.

Cyberbullies are the very definition of ineffective douchebags.

If they proceeded to "harass" me or people I know online, I'd post their info on the something awful forums and grab some popcorn.

If they proceeded to harass me for real, I'd kick their ass.
Old 2011-04-18, 22:31   Link #26
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
Why did you make this thread, Tenken's Smile? Did you want a proper discussion on the matter, or did you simply want people to agree with you? It's not like you needed to be told to go to some sort of authority figure, so what's up? I find it awfully obnoxious that you pose a question to us, and not elaborate more on the situation so that people are able to make an informed decision, unhindered by a lack of information. Good luck with getting things to go the way you want them to, Tenken's Smile.
Judging from the first post, Tenken made this thread to ask for advice from other members of the board for how to solve the problem; he wasn't looking to start a debate. Not every issue is something that can be debated until the world ends, Delirium. Sometimes when a person wants advice on something, they ask for advice. He wasn't hoping to get people to agree with him, he wanted to hear what people thought he should do. It's not something worth debating unless you make it into one, and that wasn't the point of the thread.
Old 2011-04-18, 22:51   Link #27
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well if you went a weirdos advice
1. Find her
2. Punch her in the face and keep doing that tell the cops come
3. post bail
4. repeat

Well if you dont what to do that there all ways cancel all that email and what ever and make news that know one knows about
Old 2011-04-18, 22:55   Link #28
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
But that actually happens a lot.
I know, that's why I made the comparison. This type of cyber-bullying happens a lot as well.
Old 2011-04-18, 22:57   Link #29
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well if you went a weirdos advice
1. Find her
2. Punch her in the face and keep doing that tell the cops come
3. post bail
4. repeat

Well if you dont what to do that there all ways cancel all that email and what ever and make news that know one knows about
Sometimes, taking extreme measures may be the only way. I speak from personal experience. I once wandered into a neighbouring class way back in secondary school. Some idiots try to grab hold of me and strip me.( I think SH might be able to shed light on this.) What did I do? I bit one of the fellows' hands hard. I walked away fully clothed, and those fellows never bothered me again. You do need to put fear into bullies, and let them know that they can't get away with it.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 22:59   Link #30
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
A novel comparison, sir! A bit inappropriate though, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Judging from the first post, Tenken made this thread to ask for advice from other members of the board for how to solve the problem; he wasn't looking to start a debate. Not every issue is something that can be debated until the world ends, Delirium. Sometimes when a person wants advice on something, they ask for advice. He wasn't hoping to get people to agree with him, he wanted to hear what people thought he should do. It's not something worth debating unless you make it into one, and that wasn't the point of the thread.
I love how you're comparing my complaints over a lack of information from Tenken's Smile as debating until the world ends. Sometimes, sometimes you just need a witch hunt. Right?

The information provided was just enough so that that it made "B" look like a jerk. I don't think that is okay, RadiantBeam. They couldn't even explain it from the position of a third party. They were on the side of "their friend" from the get go. Do you even know what some of the punishments for "harassment" in the UK are? Around 5000 in a fine, and six months imprisonment. Now, if you want to ask me if I think it is okay to not try and work the problems you have with one another out before going to the police/"authorities"? No, I don't think that is okay.

{Backbone} {Do you have it?}
Old 2011-04-18, 23:00   Link #31
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
I love how you're comparing my complaints over a lack of information from Tenken's Smile as debating until the world ends. Sometimes, sometimes you just need a witch hunt. Right?

The information provided was just enough so that that it made "B" look like a jerk. I don't think that is okay, RadiantBeam. They couldn't even explain it from the position of a third party. They were on the side of "their friend" from the get go. Do you even know what some of the punishments for "harassment" in the UK is? Around 5000 in a fine, and six months imprisonment. Now, if you want to ask me if I think it is okay to not try and work the problems you have with one another out before going to the police/"authorities"? No, I don't think that is okay.

My point is, sometimes there isn't anything to debate when you're trying to find one. Just something to keep in mind when you post, okay?
Old 2011-04-18, 23:02   Link #32
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
That's evidence.
It bears repeating but, as others said earlier, record these evidences. Keep them (though don't respond to them). They will be very important to assist your friend's case whether you're going to the authorities or seeking the intervention of parents and/or school counselors.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium
I thought you were just being a nice person before and I didn't want to disagree with you too strongly, but frankly this is just wrong.

Never blame the victim. Just don't.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 23:02   Link #33
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

The information provided was just enough so that that it made "B" look like a jerk. I don't think that is okay, RadiantBeam. They couldn't even explain it from the position of a third party. They were on the side of "their friend" from the get go. Do you even know what some of the punishments for "harassment" in the UK are? Around 5000 in a fine, and six months imprisonment. Now, if you want to ask me if I think it is okay to not try and work the problems you have with one another out before going to the police/"authorities"? No, I don't think that is okay.

Sounds like a good deterrent to me. Best start on the action, then.

Old 2011-04-18, 23:09   Link #34
delirium
Banned

Alright. I don't like to discuss, let alone give advice when all I am seeing is one side of the story. Good luck with your witch hunt, folks. I'm done with the thread!
Old 2011-04-18, 23:09   Link #35
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
No, it's not. You, despite the evidence given, advised to look into reconciliation. That is a terrible idea. Like I said previously, if this girl is doing all this (harassment, cyber-stalking) for attention or because she have issues, she'll do it again when another disagreement happens if forgiven. It's a solid comparison.
Old 2011-04-18, 23:10   Link #36
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Alright. I don't like to discuss, let alone give advice when all I am seeing is one side of the story. Good luck with your witch hunt, folks. I'm done with the thread!
If you have done nothing wrong, you can fight back, even if you're the target of a witch hunt. It simply means that you have to take down a lot more people.

Old 2011-04-18, 23:28   Link #37
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Isn't there some block function on these blogs?

Anyways. The best thing to do is just ignore it. It doesn't sound easy, but she's just gotta do it. Suck up a deep breath and say, "Not paying attention anymore."

I'm not going to stop until I've made your life hell.

Well, the only problem with this is the fact that she can only give hell if your friend actually cares.
Old 2011-04-18, 23:50   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Holy fucking shit, do we not care for our fellow humans or something? I hate these sorts of discussion! I would rather have a million, "What are you thinking" threads than one of these. All that has been said would only lead to more negative feelings between Tenken Smile's friend and B. They are no different from ignoring the matter entirely. Why can't we work our problems out with one another? A third party is great, but Vexx's "solution" is worse than calling the police. Threatening people to get them to do what you want, no matter the situation, is wrong. I seriously shudder to think how you folks apply such decisions to your own lives. Fuck.
I used to work a support group for ostracized and bullied teens, "outsiders" if you will. And I strongly disagree that a "spotlight" on a bully is "the wrong thing to do" .. most bullies operate under the radar and hope the victim will not throw lights on them. I care greatly about human beings so I'm pretty insulted you don't seem to think anyone who doesn't agree with you doesn't care.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 00:23   Link #39
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Sometimes, taking extreme measures may be the only way. I speak from personal experience. I once wandered into a neighbouring class way back in secondary school. Some idiots try to grab hold of me and strip me.( I think SH might be able to shed light on this.) What did I do? I bit one of the fellows' hands hard. I walked away fully clothed, and those fellows never bothered me again. You do need to put fear into bullies, and let them know that they can't get away with it.
I had it worse off because I was a problem child too in school, being "unable to follow simple instructions" (how can you even follow an instruction when a rationale behind it is a cop-out?) and I never knew I was dyslexic until I was 21. So the teachers thought I was baiting the bullies and I got beaten up after school once. The teachers didn't care, neither did my parents, so I was continually harassed with stolen texbooks and cut-up pencil cases. Anyhow, the local education system is elitist, and under-achievers (including dyslexics, low-EQ and slow learners) are continually marginalised so they would drop out and the principals and teachers would have an easier time getting their promotions, the students will get glowing testimonials and it presents a "successful" and "win-win" education system.

Thank goodness society isn't as bad as the education system. I have known some top-scoring students in my school who get sacked from dream jobs during the 2008 crisis because they couldn't perform elsewhere other than school.

I seriously regret for sucking it in and not fire-bombing the principal office with molotov cocktails. It seriously takes alot of guts to stand-up for yourself even when everyone is against you. Luckily I have a clique outside of school which I met on IRC whom I can share my problems with, or I wouldn't be sitting here typing this out right now.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 00:30   Link #40
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
because they couldn't perform elsewhere other than school.
I've worried about some of my acquaintance/friends and their apparent lack of real social skills. Sure, they've got incredible grades, but they're a bit quirky and almost none of them 'do' anything but school. No sports. No clubs. No after school social activity. It's school and nothing else. Makes me kinda sad, really.