AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2011-04-19, 00:34   Link #41
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Fining a child ten grand and tossing them in jail is pretty extreme. This is just representative of society and how fucked up it is.

Why can't we just knock the shit out of those little douchebags? That's what I did when I was in school--if I was bullied, I kicked the crap out of them!

IMO, the parents of bullies should be the ones who are fined. Hit those neglectful shitty parents where it hurts--and make them raise their own goddamned kids!
Old 2011-04-19, 00:36   Link #42
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Physical violence is vulgar. Peaceful negotiations is the way to go.

Because they totally work in the real world when sparks truly fly.
Old 2011-04-19, 00:37   Link #43
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Physical violence is vulgar. Peaceful negotiations is the way to go.

Because they totally work in the real world when sparks truly fly.
I know, right?
Old 2011-04-19, 00:39   Link #44
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I've always played out possible violent confrontations in my head against the people I dislike. That's probably the closest I'll ever get. :\

Anyways. Regardless of school rulings, my Dad's always told me that violence is absolutely justifiable when your body is in danger. Even pushing.
Old 2011-04-19, 00:44   Link #45
GundamFan0083

If the parents aren't willing to get involved (as Vexx suggested, and I agree with him) then synaesthetic is right.
A good ass-whooping does go a long way with a bully.

If however, neither of those is an actual option (since I don't know the particulars of this situation) then the authorities/police need to be contacted.

No matter what course of action your friend takes Tenken's Smile, it needs to be the course she is most comfortable with and can deal with, but just letting this continue is not an option IMHO.
It will only embolden the bully if your friend cowers and allows herself to be victimized, and that can lead to very dangerous territory.
Old 2011-04-19, 00:53   Link #46
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
I've always played out possible violent confrontations in my head against the people I dislike. That's probably the closest I'll ever get. :\

Anyways. Regardless of school rulings, my Dad's always told me that violence is absolutely justifiable when your body is in danger. Even pushing.
Well mine told me to run.

The dumbest suggestion I have ever heard. How can one even run if he/she is cornered?

The closest I have tilted to violence is stealing petrol from a nearby carpark and adding styrofoam to it, then storing it in a biscuit tin. I had a change of heart and decided to focus on my exams onto secondary 3 so I decided to dump them - half of which is burned during hungry ghost festival and the other half down a public drain.

It takes a head of steel to carry that part of my life through. I never thought I could get past that phase alive and barely sane - in fact, I am still suffering from the effects of embitterment up till now.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 00:58   Link #47
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I'm half-understanding of why you stole petrol. I'm guessing it's for incendiary uses but...
Old 2011-04-19, 02:27   Link #48
Hera

Just a question: What if these two girls are in different countries? What authorities will take care of the problem?
Enlighten me on the course of action: I know someone who was abused online, only that the abusers were more cunning than that: They used multiple nicknames and not-so-obvious wordings in their posts which (probably) couldn't constitute solid proof.

Last edited by Hera; 2011-04-19 at 03:23.
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 02:40   Link #49
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
No matter what course of action your friend takes Tenken's Smile, it needs to be the course she is most comfortable with and can deal with, but just letting this continue is not an option IMHO.
It will only embolden the bully if your friend cowers and allows herself to be victimized, and that can lead to very dangerous territory.
Thanks everyone.
My friend will work with her school counselor to choose the best course of action. I would be surprised if the counselor didn't choose to report to authorities (parents, schools or police).
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 03:22   Link #50
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
I'm half-understanding of why you stole petrol. I'm guessing it's for incendiary uses but...
It's the recipe for ghetto-napalm.
Old 2011-04-19, 03:49   Link #51
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

mmhm. Probably something we shouldn't be talking about ^^;

Harrassment is pretty funny to deal with. Initially I just joke about it and make em seem foolish, then if they try it again authorities, otherwise THE GLOVES COME OFF.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 03:56   Link #52
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
I have an online friend (aged 14) who is harassed by a girl named "B." who is suspected of recently hacking her Facebook, website and emails, this girl is also responsible for very abusive behaviour towards her. My friend and B. used to be very good friends, they used to talk for hours on end on the internet or via phone but things turned bad, they argued. They would be friends again but my friend got sick of the arguing and the bullying so she told her she had enough, now B. just won't leave her alone, and she sent numerous harassing messages on FB, my friend's blog, etc. and badmouths my friend to whoever she can. She even got her innocent friends involved.

My friend tries her best to ignore them but sometimes it's hard when she sent messages such as "I know where you live. And I have your mobile number. My friends know about you [...] I'm not going to stop until I've made your life hell."

My friend has got her advisor involved. The advisor had already thought regarding brining it to the schools, the problem with that is they go to different schools in different parts of the country.
What would you do if you were in my friend's situation?

do what J. Slaughter's dad did...

you know who to call...
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 04:31   Link #53
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
1. Change passwords
2. Use Block
3. Block her email.
4. Anything else, use block?

Problem solved.
This so much + report her to facebook for harassment. Why would you report her to the police, wtf, she is like 14 and dumb, that is not really a crime.
Old 2011-04-19, 05:44   Link #54
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Send a message via Skype™ to Otaku Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
This so much + report her to facebook for harassment. Why would you report her to the police, wtf, she is like 14 and dumb, that is not really a crime.
Yeah why would you report someone who is harassing you and threatening you to the police, thats a stupid idea. *sarcasm*
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 05:48   Link #55
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
Yeah why would you report someone who is harassing you and threatening you to the police, thats a stupid idea. *sarcasm*
She's only 14, ffs. Something like this is hardly threatening. One has to wonder what someone that age could do to a person. Best thing is to take it to the teachers and block all other means of communication with her. Now if it was someone older, like 19 and above, and happened to be good at computers, that would warrant calling the police.

@IronWarrior: you forgot change mobile number
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 06:43   Link #56
JC...
I am a Pie

Anyone threatenening to make someone's life hell should be taught a lesson, wether they're 14

Ever head about James Bulger's murder?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 06:51   Link #57
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Anyone threatenening to make someone's life hell should be taught a lesson, wether they're 14

Ever head about James Bulger's murder?
Unlike the impression I'm getting of the girl in question here, those boys already seemed to have pretty questionable habits. Secondly, they picked on a 2 year old. Tenken Smile's friend is old enough to relatively defend herself from any physical threat from someone her own age and stature, so she wouldn't be so easily abducted. Lastly, it's foolish to think that because two boys were able to do something like that means every kid around their age is capable as well. It's true that a lesson should be taught to kids who threaten others that way, but when there's no background of shady activity, taking it to the authorities is rather extreme. To me, it just sounds like a girl sulking from a lost friendship and just can't let it go.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 09:10   Link #58
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

You can also just post this on 4Chan... Those a**holes will take care of the rest.
Old 2011-04-19, 09:29   Link #59
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's the recipe for ghetto-napalm.
Ooh. Saintess would do that?
Mustve been one loose-cannon kid. So much for listening to your parents "advice" on running away; you took the fight straight to em'!
Old 2011-04-19, 10:16   Link #60
delirium
Banned

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
You can also just post this on 4Chan... Those a**holes will take care of the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan
You could start by running to the Room of the Three Gargoyles. Push in the right tongue, and a door might lead you down a staircase into the Wall Climb. Here, you must choose your next path. You could race up to the Observatory, spin the sundial, and pass into the Room of the Golden Idols. Once there, push down on their bases to release the doors. That may take you below or lead you into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the Statue there, and you may be headed for the Torch Room. If the elevator is up, you could jump in the elevator and descend into the Mine Shaft. Next, you could climb through the ladder or plow through the stone wall. Find the key, and it may unlock the Tombs of the Ancient Kings, allowing you to enter the Swamp. If you escape, you might have a chance to sit upon the Throne of the Pretender. If the correct door is unlocked, you could crawl through the Pit of Despair and, finally, make your way through the Cave of Sighs and back to the Temple Gates. The choices are yours and yours alone. Good luck.
I like this advice. Will you accept and follow it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan
>I have an online friend (aged 14)
If I was in your friend's situation, I'd stop talking to you.
They also wrote that. Be advised that I in no way support the opinions or suggestions of anybody I may quote unless I state otherwise.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote