AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-06, 20:59   Link #3701
faizdanyal
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via Yahoo to faizdanyal Send a message via Skype™ to faizdanyal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Well it is cute to know you're stuck with your lover for 200 years, but at the same time the land around you is war-torn and ugly. And when you're seen as the hero who just saved UW I would think there's a certain responsibility attached in the cleanup process.
Wait. I'm CONFUSED...

So,Asuna and Kirito stuck in the Underworld for 200 years,right? So 200 years in the Underworld is equal to how many years in the real world? I just felt that Asuna and Kirito might be aged for a few years in the real world due to how the Fluctlights work with human beings...

Also,were Silica,Lizabeth,Sinon and the rest of the SAO survivors still alive post-UW? I only know that Sinon and Lizabeth hoped that Kirito win. And that's it. Could this mean that both Sinon and Lizabeth still ALIVE after Underworld? Just want to know.
__________________
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
faizdanyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 21:29   Link #3702
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by faizdanyal View Post
Wait. I'm CONFUSED...

So,Asuna and Kirito stuck in the Underworld for 200 years,right? So 200 years in the Underworld is equal to how many years in the real world? I just felt that Asuna and Kirito might be aged for a few years in the real world due to how the Fluctlights work with human beings...
FLA was set to 5 million, and 200 UW years is about 20 mins in real world, which is the amount of time it takes Rath to change FLA rate back to normal.
Quote:
Also,were Silica,Lizabeth,Sinon and the rest of the SAO survivors still alive post-UW? I only know that Sinon and Lizabeth hoped that Kirito win. And that's it. Could this mean that both Sinon and Lizabeth still ALIVE after Underworld? Just want to know.
Their characters are dead, but they're still alive in the real world. As far as I remember, only Gabriel and PoH died in UW (not counting UW citizens).
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 21:37   Link #3703
faizdanyal
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via Yahoo to faizdanyal Send a message via Skype™ to faizdanyal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
FLA was set to 5 million, and 200 UW years is about 20 mins in real world, which is the amount of time it takes Rath to change FLA rate back to normal.
Is this mean Kirito and Asuna can still be wake up from the slumber of their STLs 20 minutes later in the real world? (If there's Web 9,presumably...) From what I saw at the end of Web 8,it ended on a cliffhanger,right?

If so, THANK GOODNESS Kirito and Asuna might still be ALIVE!
__________________
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
faizdanyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 21:52   Link #3704
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Just so you know, patients in a persistent vegetative state are legally considered alive in any legal system. So Kirito and Asuna will be alive when all this is over...but you cannot definitively say the same for their Fluctlights.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 21:56   Link #3705
faizdanyal
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via Yahoo to faizdanyal Send a message via Skype™ to faizdanyal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Just so you know, patients in a persistent vegetative state are legally considered alive in any legal system. So Kirito and Asuna will be alive when all this is over...but you cannot definitively say the same for their Fluctlights.
So if their Fluctlights are dead, what will happen to Kirito and Asuna? Would there be any side-effects physically and mentally in their bodies?
__________________
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
faizdanyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 21:59   Link #3706
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So is it too much to ask for the web novel to show us some of KiritoxAsuna in their 200-year-long UW stay?
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 22:01   Link #3707
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Simply put, it'll be eternal slumber, permanent "Fulldive" state, coma, the likes. Without a controlling consciousness, which is the Fluctlight, Kirito's and Asuna's bodies are basically going to remain there 'on standby' forever.

...I just thought of something disturbingly fun. Who was the one who mentioned giving Alice a proper body?
Spoiler for Open at your own risk.:
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 22:05   Link #3708
faizdanyal
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via Yahoo to faizdanyal Send a message via Skype™ to faizdanyal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So is it too much to ask to see some KiritoxAsuna in their 200-year-long UW stay?
Well... Let's just say I was worried with 200 years in UW=Kirito and Asuna are DEAD.

It's the same situation I faced when...

Spoiler for For those who watched Guilty Crown:
__________________
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
faizdanyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 22:08   Link #3709
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
The side story "Cradle Of The Moon" would have covered this 200-UW-year interval, or at least a snippet of it. Flere821 wrote a summary awhile back and I'm too lazy to search for it; go use the search bar.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 01:09   Link #3710
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Great Void, Jötunheimr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Simply put, it'll be eternal slumber, permanent "Fulldive" state, coma, the likes. Without a controlling consciousness, which is the Fluctlight, Kirito's and Asuna's bodies are basically going to remain there 'on standby' forever.

...I just thought of something disturbingly fun. Who was the one who mentioned giving Alice a proper body?
Spoiler for Open at your own risk.:
Oh god that crazy ALO doujin. o-o

Yeah another issue with using this tech lol
__________________
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 01:24   Link #3711
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
I don't keep up with the doujinshi anymore, I got sick of all the Asuna covers. -_- was that a Suguha one?
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 10:14   Link #3712
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Shudders. I can forsee the haters having a new whipping boy in the later half of Alicization: Anti Americanism.

Thanks for the hard work , Flere! That was an epic ending.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:21   Link #3713
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
All this talk about Kirito and Asuna is making feel like I need to get started on the WEB Final summaries Fine, here's a spoiler for their condition that I'm sure I've mentioned before:
Spoiler for Kirito + Asuna:

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Shudders. I can forsee the haters having a new whipping boy in the later half of Alicization: Anti Americanism.

Thanks for the hard work , Flere! That was an epic ending.
You're welcome. Though I'd think haters will find things to hate about anyway even without this nationality stuff. And it's not like American fiction don't regularly kick Russian, Chinese, Arabic backsides or anything like that >.>
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:26   Link #3714
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
I'm sorry Flere, I can't resist: *you're.

Well it's like what some guy posted a few pages back, so what if the Japanese always hang the Americans up to dry. Nobody would dare to use his own country as the enemy he's fighting in a plot, with the government conspiracy plotlines being the main exception.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:30   Link #3715
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
I'm sorry Flere, I can't resist: *you're.
*facepalm* I thought I had typed it up right...
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:32   Link #3716
faizdanyal
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via Yahoo to faizdanyal Send a message via Skype™ to faizdanyal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
All this talk about Kirito and Asuna is making feel like I need to get started on the WEB Final summaries Fine, here's a spoiler for their condition that I'm sure I've mentioned before:
Spoiler for Kirito + Asuna:
Well,thank goodness all is fine and dandy for the ever lovable RPG couple. I thought by the end of the UW arc,they're TOAST! BTW, any news on when Kawahara-sensei will be continuing on the Sword Art Online chronicles,post-UW?
__________________
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
faizdanyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:38   Link #3717
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by faizdanyal View Post
Well,thank goodness all is fine and dandy for the ever lovable RPG couple. I thought by the end of the UW arc,they're TOAST! BTW, any news on when Kawahara-sensei will be continuing on the Sword Art Online chronicles,post-UW?
At least past the Alicization Arc turning into LN format. I think we have at least roughly another 4-5 LN volumes worth of Alicization content to go through, barring huge rewrites. So probably 2015 at least until we reach post-UW plot? There's also SAO Progressive and AW being written out as well, so even more time added. Not to mention if Cradle of the Moon will come out after Alicization has finished or if it will be completed much later like what 'Early and Late' did for some Aincrad arc stories.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:43   Link #3718
iceaco
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
You're welcome. Though I'd think haters will find things to hate about anyway even without this nationality stuff. And it's not like American fiction don't regularly kick Russian, Chinese, Arabic backsides or anything like that >.>
Now that you mention it, I don't see much American fiction insulting Japanese, they refer to now and then but they don't usually make them the villains, in fact usually allies or observed nation. The only one I can think of is South Park and whale killing. Does Americans in general feels they don't have much animosity with Japanese? Oh, don't forget the Germans too, I have a few novels here with Nazi conspiracies. Usually psychic powers/psychological alteration & genetic engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Simply put, it'll be eternal slumber, permanent "Fulldive" state, coma, the likes. Without a controlling consciousness, which is the Fluctlight, Kirito's and Asuna's bodies are basically going to remain there 'on standby' forever.

...I just thought of something disturbingly fun. Who was the one who mentioned giving Alice a proper body?
Spoiler for Open at your own risk.:
The SAO anime let out a lot of vanilla doujins while ALO, which I have a liking to because of it's prettiness, spits out quite a number of disturbing doujins..
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 17:56   Link #3719
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Long story short...the story is going to be long. I've only skimmed through the Index subforum but I hope SAO can one day match up to that level.

Americans don't really have a broad impression of Japanese IMO. Mostly their views are influenced by whatever blockbuster hits were showing: with shows like Expendables, MI series, GI Joe, Oblivion, it's very easy to see why the general public has a worse impression of DPRK, Russians, Chinese, etc. The Japanese rank pretty low on the visibilty scale lol.

The ALO doujinshi initially held my interest for Suguha/Leafa, until half of them started turning out as NTR/cheating/mind-fcuk material. Doujinshi SAO-era focused on Asuna and Kirito IMO, because their romance was the mext biggest half of the plot after Kirito.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 18:14   Link #3720
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Great Void, Jötunheimr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
I don't keep up with the doujinshi anymore, I got sick of all the Asuna covers. -_- was that a Suguha one?
IDK, I liked the Vanilla stuff that SAO spawned.

Then ALO became an NTR and mind-ef fest. While it usually gets the haters their fill I usually just go meh over it. Also I was alluding to a DATE one in particular where Sugou used his stupid brain research and stuff.

As for the end of Alicization, thats some good stuff. Although my friend couldn't get over the implausibility of it lawl
__________________
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, gaming, harem, kirito, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.