AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-18, 06:50   Link #3841
VN-Angel
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
I have a question about web novel

I have already seen SAO anime and read entire LN and now I got Web version (Yes, I'm a huge SAO fan)
My question is should I read web novel from the start or skip to the end of LN ?
I heard that there are some differences between LN and WN.
But only differences I heard are
Spoiler for Difference between LN and WN:

So now that I knew of those 2 differences, Are there any other differences ?(mainly in ALO and GGO arc) You don't need to spoil. Just tell me yes or no and help me decide whether I should read WN from start or skip to Alicization.
VN-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:05   Link #3842
iceaco
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN-Angel View Post
I have a question about web novel

I have already seen SAO anime and read entire LN and now I got Web version (Yes, I'm a huge SAO fan)
My question is should I read web novel from the start or skip to the end of LN ?
I heard that there are some differences between LN and WN.
But only differences I heard are
Spoiler for Difference between LN and WN:

So now that I knew of those 2 differences, Are there any other differences ?(mainly in ALO and GGO arc) You don't need to spoil. Just tell me yes or no and help me decide whether I should read WN from start or skip to Alicization.
Skip if you just want the meat of the story. LN v11 I think is near end of WN ch5. Differences as you mentioned are only in details that dissatisfied fans
__________________
SAO web chapters summaries in PDF, EPUB, and MOBI versions, summarized by Flere821

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:59   Link #3843
VN-Angel
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
Skip if you just want the meat of the story. LN v11 I think is near end of WN ch5. Differences as you mentioned are only in details that dissatisfied fans
Thank for your answer.
Okay~ I will skip to Alicization.
VN-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 16:58   Link #3844
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Y'know, I for one don't recall if AS allows posting of links to raws...
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 17:01   Link #3845
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
It doesn't. At least, not manga raws. Dunno about novel raws, but I doubt they allow that here as well.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 17:05   Link #3846
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Thought so. Shinon, edit your post or you might see relentlessflame on your ass in awhile's time...
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 21:32   Link #3847
Chibikiwi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N-Field!!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Chibikiwi
Who is this?
Spoiler for volume 12 picture:
Chibikiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:50   Link #3848
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Which WEB chapter does LN vol 12 cover?
AP24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 07:16   Link #3849
belatkuro
Kuro-chan
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Which WEB chapter does LN vol 12 cover?
Judging from the last illustration, about half of WEB chapter 7.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 08:41   Link #3850
Nihgthawk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida, USA
So any idea about how many more novels before this arc is done?
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 12:52   Link #3851
xDrac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I'd have a question:
Where would I have to start reading if I wanted to continue reading the novel from where the anime ended?
xDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 13:46   Link #3852
TrialNova
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrac View Post
I'd have a question:
Where would I have to start reading if I wanted to continue reading the novel from where the anime ended?
Start from volume 5, Phantom Bullet.
TrialNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 16:38   Link #3853
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It doesn't. At least, not manga raws. Dunno about novel raws, but I doubt they allow that here as well.
Yup, you're right by the way. You can't post (or link to) light novel novel illustration collections or, obviously, the raw text here. You could link to a specific one-off illustration if it's context to ask a question or something (sort of like "fair use"), but not just image dumping.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:16   Link #3854
iceaco
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibikiwi View Post
Who is this?
Spoiler for volume 12 picture:
Might it be administrator?
__________________
SAO web chapters summaries in PDF, EPUB, and MOBI versions, summarized by Flere821

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 20:18   Link #3855
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Doubt so. Administrator is described to have long silver hair, ala Natsukawa Masuzu style
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 21:57   Link #3856
Trung-t-rung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibikiwi View Post
Who is this?
Spoiler for volume 12 picture:
Perhaps it is Fanatio ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 22:04   Link #3857
l.kostas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fanatio might be at the page 246 illustration
Spoiler for SAOfreak chapter 7 spoiler:


That girl probably is:
Spoiler for SAOfreak chapter 7 spoiler:


From:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2812

Last edited by l.kostas; 2013-04-20 at 01:48.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 05:03   Link #3858
xDrac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I am awfully sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this in, but since it somehow concerns the light novel I figured I would ask here:

Beyond the ALO part, is Kirito still going to do a lot with Asuna ie. is she still going to be one of the main characters together with Kirito or is it rather rare to see her?
xDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 05:34   Link #3859
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrac View Post
I am awfully sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this in, but since it somehow concerns the light novel I figured I would ask here:

Beyond the ALO part, is Kirito still going to do a lot with Asuna ie. is she still going to be one of the main characters together with Kirito or is it rather rare to see her?
In the GGO arc (volumes 5 and 6) Sinon is the main heroine while Asuna just makes cameo appearances. In volume 7, Asuna is the main character while this time, Kirito cameo appearances.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 06:29   Link #3860
xDrac
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
In the GGO arc (volumes 5 and 6) Sinon is the main heroine while Asuna just makes cameo appearances. In volume 7, Asuna is the main character while this time, Kirito cameo appearances.
So they dont really do stuff together anymore? If they dont, why?
xDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, gaming, harem, kirito, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.