AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-04-25, 19:05   Link #4661
Rageth
That Guy

I don't really consider that a lot of the information from the web-novel applies to the Light Novel. For instance, one of the reasons you couldn't just remove the NerveGear, in the Web Novel, was because improper removal usually resulted in the person ending up comatose without a mind at all.

Sachi's ghost, in-canon, is not a result of Incarnation (unless incarnation happens to work on the same principle), as it was explained that she is data that the Cardinal system recorded, due to her strong emotions.
What I'm saying is, that the details behind how these things work have effectively changed in the Light Novel.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 23:31   Link #4662
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Sachi's ghost, in-canon, is not a result of Incarnation (unless incarnation happens to work on the same principle), as it was explained that she is data that the Cardinal system recorded, due to her strong emotions.
What I'm saying is, that the details behind how these things work have effectively changed in the Light Novel.
That's pretty much what Incarnation is though Fair enough on the differences though.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 23:56   Link #4663
Rageth
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
That's pretty much what Incarnation is though Fair enough on the differences though.
If Sachi's ghost is the same thing as Incarnate, then Incarnate isn't "metaphysics" as it's explained as being a process done by Cardinal, to save and process data. Meaning my theory i pointed out above, that the Incarnate System is just Cardinal processing the brain-wave data of a player, and trying to apply it to the surroundings.
Old 2014-04-26, 18:12   Link #4664
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
If Sachi's ghost is the same thing as Incarnate, then Incarnate isn't "metaphysics" as it's explained as being a process done by Cardinal, to save and process data. Meaning my theory i pointed out above, that the Incarnate System is just Cardinal processing the brain-wave data of a player, and trying to apply it to the surroundings.
This "theory" eventually becomes the mechanics of Accel World's Incarnation anyway The lines from Fuuko in V3 more or less run along the lines of "the system mistakenly believing the data being sent from the player to be reality, and thereby allowing the player to conform the game to his reality...processing the excess of signals as free photons - excess light."
Old 2014-04-26, 19:07   Link #4665
Rageth
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
This "theory" eventually becomes the mechanics of Accel World's Incarnation anyway The lines from Fuuko in V3 more or less run along the lines of "the system mistakenly believing the data being sent from the player to be reality, and thereby allowing the player to conform the game to his reality...processing the excess of signals as free photons - excess light."
So it's effectively one of the systems the world uses, running in a way that it normally shouldn't. That's actually plausible.
Old 2014-05-26, 17:16   Link #4666
Flere821
Lurker

I've only just found out yesterday that rkl have finished translating Vol14 And that it was done 3 weeks ago It's pretty much the same as the WEB version, with some differences.
Spoiler for main differences:
Old 2014-05-26, 22:10   Link #4667
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino

Yohwee fanbait isn't so bad. Then again Eugeo was into Alice so I dunno how the whole vibe went into this. Though Kirito is already borderline polygamist so why not go all out Prince and have both genders in there? :P
Old 2014-05-29, 03:58   Link #4668
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I've only just found out yesterday that rkl have finished translating Vol14 And that it was done 3 weeks ago It's pretty much the same as the WEB version, with some differences.
he had also translated 16.7, 16.8 and EX3.2, but they're only posted onto his personal blog.
Quote:
Spoiler for main differences:
Spoiler for don't forget in web version:
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 14:09   Link #4669
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

Spoiler for major revelation:

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-30 at 10:24.
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 16:32   Link #4670
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
he had also translated 16.7, 16.8 and EX3.2, but they're only posted onto his personal blog.
Oh yeah, I've read those, but I forgot to mention them ^.^;
Old 2014-05-30, 04:50   Link #4671
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
so eugeo
don't forget the spoiler function...that's still hadnt translated...
Old 2014-05-30, 05:43   Link #4672
chaos_alfa

Quote:
don't forget the spoiler function...that's still hadnt translated...
It's a bit late for me ;_;
chaos_alfa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 12:10   Link #4673
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Well there are two or three regular posters who don't bother with spoiler tags and proper grammar and capitalisation.

But the spoiler content is true, and going by Tap's translations, the next part or two will show it.
Old 2014-06-04, 01:12   Link #4675
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino

Anime Adaptations really boosts sales huh.
Old 2014-06-04, 03:14   Link #4676
Rageth
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Anime Adaptations really boosts sales huh.
Clearly.
Though, Mahouka has been pretty high for some time. SAO as well. SAO Progressive is up there too, because the second book came out late last year.

But then there are those that were directly affected by the adaptations. And to my understanding, Anime Adaptations are often made to be an advertisement for the original content.
Old 2014-06-06, 10:25   Link #4677
c933103
FTNR

SAO Vol.15 Alicization Invading to be released by Aug 9,2014
Old 2014-06-06, 23:36   Link #4678
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino

Quote:
SAO Vol.15 Alicization Invading to be released by Aug 9,2014
So Kawahara IS adapting the invasion arc.

I do hope he straigtens that ending though.
Old 2014-06-07, 00:49   Link #4679
l.kostas

Someone after reading the whole volume 14 in Japanese has made this comment:
"anyway so I basically binge the whole web version and seems that we are going to at least have another 4 more vol of this.
basically ending at
Spoiler:

uggh seriously the Alicization saga is just too damn long orz."

He says "at least" of course, but could it really end in volume 18?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 02:15   Link #4680
Rageth
That Guy

Well, Web Novel Chapter 7 was book 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 (actually only part of 10, is from Chapter 7, while the rest is new in the LN)
Chapter 8 is considerably larger than Chapter 7, so it can make up 5 books easily, if nothing's changed. But I'm willing to bet there's a lot more stuff he plans to add.
There's also how it seems Chapter 5 (and I think one other chapter?) hasn't been adapted into Light Novel. That alone probably won't make much (considering almost everything before Chapter 7 fit into one book) but with some new content it would probably squeeze in a 5th book.

Basically, Volume 19 is the smallest possible result, but it can easily go further, IF Kawahara adds new content (and adds in the missing chapter(s)).
He has already written non-WN content before, like with Tonkii in Fairy Dance, a large portion of Phantom Bullet, and practically all of Vol 10, so it's pretty likely.

Tags
action, gaming, harem, kirito, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality