AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 09:37   Link #141
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Well, this is a LN thread. Spoilers are bound to happen somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Spoiler for About Yuki's decease:
Spoiler for Volume 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyka13 View Post
thanks.. you mean they are different stories and characters and no asuna? so they finish SAO and play and become trap again in another MMO????
Here's a little breakdown of the volumes so that you don't have to wonder much about what's going on.

Volume 1: Sword Art Online, the game where it all began through the Nerve Gear/NERDLES (I use the former since NERDLES sound so...nerdy?). This is where the main story actually takes place, describing the first few days and the last few days in the game.

Volume 2: Side Stories of Sword Art Online. Basically a collection of stories that happened in Sword Art Online.

Volume 3, 4: ALFhiem Online. This game is basically a safer version after the previous fiasco that was SAO. It's practically a different game, which is why you see Kirito with wings, but the idea behind it is the same. To avoid confusion, the land is called New Aincrad.

Volume 5, 6: Gun Gale Online. Think of it as Virtual world Counter Strike. It's a First Person Shooter, unlike the previous two that were MMORPGs.

Volume 7: Side story where the setting is moved back to ALO. Doesn't involve Kirito as the point of focus.

Volume 8: Side stories. First one's about SAO, second one's about ALO.

Volume 9: Alicization. Will take a long time to explain, but it's a whole different game though. Expected to last for 10 volumes.

Last edited by Sleep_ping; 2012-03-28 at 09:50.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 10:02   Link #142
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Well, this is a LN thread. Spoilers are bound to happen somewhat.

Spoiler for Volume 7:

Here's a little breakdown of the volumes so that you don't have to wonder much about what's going on.

Volume 1: Sword Art Online, the game where it all began through the Nerve Gear/NERDLES (I use the former since NERDLES sound so...nerdy?). This is where the main story actually takes place, describing the first few days and the last few days in the game.

Volume 2: Side Stories of Sword Art Online. Basically a collection of stories that happened in Sword Art Online.

Volume 3, 4: ALFhiem Online. This game is basically a safer version after the previous fiasco that was SAO. It's practically a different game, which is why you see Kirito with wings, but the idea behind it is the same. To avoid confusion, the land is called New Aincrad.

Volume 5, 6: Gun Gale Online. Think of it as Virtual world Counter Strike. It's a First Person Shooter, unlike the previous two that were MMORPGs.

Volume 7: Side story where the setting is moved back to ALO. Doesn't involve Kirito as the point of focus.

Volume 8: Side stories. First one's about SAO, second one's about ALO.

Volume 9: Alicization. Will take a long time to explain, but it's a whole different game though. Expected to last for 10 volumes.
Isnt ALO situated in Alfhiem? Oh and teh, do you follow the web novel?
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 10:13   Link #143
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Isnt ALO situated in Alfhiem? Oh and teh, do you follow the web novel?
ALO is ALFheim Online.

As for the web novel, no. Trying to keep my bet here...
Old 2012-03-28, 10:16   Link #144
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
ALO is ALFheim Online.

As for the web novel, no. Trying to keep my bet here...
Hmm did they ever statewhere ALO is based? I know the have names of tsppecific areas and of course THAT castle later on.
By bet you mean self restraint?
Old 2012-03-28, 10:33   Link #145
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Quote:
Hmm did they ever statewhere ALO is based? I know the have names of tsppecific areas and of course THAT castle later on.
By bet you mean self restraint?
ALO is actually a modified version of SAO. The setting is called New Aincrad, as compared to the old version of SAO that had Aincrad (old) as the setting. New features includes flight in non-dungeon areas and magic. This isn't like SAO where they were all locked. They were still able to get out, but the plot, well, I'll leave it to you.

As for bet, what I meant is having to translate Volumes 7 and 8 before the anime airs.
Old 2012-03-28, 15:25   Link #146
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wonder what happened to the leader of "Laughing Coffin" since he hasn't made appearance yet. Will he appear in Alicization? The author kind of left a cliffhanger in vol. 6.

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

And seriously, Kirito lost against Zekken? Even though he only used one sword and didn't go all out. I thought he was unrivaled.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 04:25   Link #147
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I wonder what happened to the leader of "Laughing Coffin" since he hasn't made appearance yet. Will he appear in Alicization? The author kind of left a cliffhanger in vol. 6.

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

And seriously, Kirito lost against Zekken? Even though he only used one sword and didn't go all out. I thought he was unrivaled.
The leader of "Laughing Coffin" has made an appearance in Volume 8 first side story "A Murder Case in the Area" which is one of SAO (game) side stories.
Old 2012-03-30, 05:50   Link #148
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
ALO is actually a modified version of SAO. The setting is called New Aincrad, as compared to the old version of SAO that had Aincrad (old) as the setting. New features includes flight in non-dungeon areas and magic. This isn't like SAO where they were all locked. They were still able to get out, but the plot, well, I'll leave it to you.

As for bet, what I meant is having to translate Volumes 7 and 8 before the anime airs.
Plotwise i'm up to date been following this since late last year when trans was still at v4. Was really glad to see you hop on though. I only lack info about like the most detailed of stuff untranslated. Like say his sword in v7 or v9 stuff. I roughly get the gist of alicization though.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-01, 09:07   Link #149
AlaAlba

Just picked off where I left on 8, and it helped me remind myself why I like this novel while reading this volume. The adventure to get that "Excalibre?" are gotten bigger than anyone ever thought and it surely an exciting one. And the 3rd side story is shorter than I would like it to be, need it more

But still, I can't get myself to like Alicization, maybe I'll grow to more like it after I read it...
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 09:35   Link #150
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Just picked off where I left on 8, and it helped me remind myself why I like this novel while reading this volume. The adventure to get that "Excalibre?" are gotten bigger than anyone ever thought and it surely an exciting one. And the 3rd side story is shorter than I would like it to be, need it more

But still, I can't get myself to like Alicization, maybe I'll grow to more like it after I read it...
I think First Day will be one of the first few ep of anime
Old 2012-04-01, 10:24   Link #151
AlaAlba

^ That'd be nice.
That Copel guy, he must be the few first names to be written on the stone

I always feel it's too bad for the author to jump to level 74 as soon as volume 1, and only make SAO arc only two volumes, and making it into few SS I always prefer SAO arc than Alicization, we want to see more SAO don't we? heck I wish it would be 10 volumes length and aliciz would only 2 volumes instead.
Maybe the author fear the reader would be bored at the first few volumes and make it shorter? *sigh*

I still can't imagine why aliciz would be that long...
Old 2012-04-01, 12:39   Link #152
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
^ That'd be nice.
That Copel guy, he must be the few first names to be written on the stone

I always feel it's too bad for the author to jump to level 74 as soon as volume 1,
I wouldn't've minded starting on the 74th if the story hadn't ended on the 75th. Kirito totally derailed the plot when it was getting interesting.
Utsuro no Hako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 14:25   Link #153
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama Send a message via Skype™ to hao-sama
i would've preferred it if we actually followed the storyline from their login up to the clearing. i didn't really like the following arcs (ALO, GGO, etc) that much compared to the original SAO. also, Heathcliff would've made more of an impact that way.

read the freshly translated part of The First Day...

Spoiler:

man, is that a running sentence or what.
Old 2012-04-01, 23:14   Link #154
AlaAlba

^ HA! thanks for having the same thoughts with me

Yeah, even if not make the storyline from 1 to 75 like you say, I'll be happy to see at least 10 little arcs from that 1-75. Instead we have aliciz The title is SAO right? not aliciz
I don't really like other arcs because the players don't really die anymore. It's just another mmorpg, who cares about some common mmorpg?

I really hope the anime would do only SAO, put some fillers(ofc about SAO) and end it still about SAO

lol @ that sentence

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2012-04-02 at 00:40.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:03   Link #155
tomtkp

Quote:
^ HA! thanks for having the same thoughts with me

Yeah, even if not make the storyline from 1 to 75 like you say, I'll be happy to see at least 10 little arcs from that 1-75. Instead we have aliciz The title is SAO right? not aliciz
I don't really like other arcs because the players don't really die anymore. It's just another mmorpg, who cares about some common mmorpg?

I really hope the anime would do only SAO, put some fillers(ofc about SAO) and end it still about SAO

lol @ that sentence
Which part of Alicization had you read? Only the first chapter? Do you have any idea what Alicization is talking about? Or you just can't understand the story? You can't just banish Alicization just because the atmosphere of the story is different from the first three arcs and the possiblity that you can't grasp the meaning behind the story.

For me who have read most of Alicization (spoilers from other people), I can say

ALICIZATION IS PURE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the SAO arc looks average in front of Alicization.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:40   Link #156
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

^mind spoiling alittle then? Like does asuna join him in that world
Old 2012-04-02, 06:02   Link #157
tomtkp

Quote:
^mind spoiling alittle then? Like does asuna join him in that world
Spoiler for Asuna:
Old 2012-04-02, 06:48   Link #158
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Which part of Alicization had you read? Only the first chapter? Do you have any idea what Alicization is talking about? Or you just can't understand the story? You can't just banish Alicization just because the atmosphere of the story is different from the first three arcs and the possiblity that you can't grasp the meaning behind the story.

For me who have read most of Alicization (spoilers from other people), I can say

ALICIZATION IS PURE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the SAO arc looks average in front of Alicization.
i really want to know what happen in ALICIZATION? could someone give brief summary?coz i can't read chinese or japanese. is it true that Kirito is die in the end of ALICIZATION[his avatar]?
Old 2012-04-02, 08:19   Link #159
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Spoiler for Asuna:
wait a min
Spoiler:

btw Alicization is still ongoing
Old 2012-04-02, 08:54   Link #160
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
i really want to know what happen in ALICIZATION? could someone give brief summary?coz i can't read chinese or japanese. is it true that Kirito is die in the end of ALICIZATION[his avatar]?
I may give a brief summary on the first 6 chapters of Alicization (Volume 9 & 10) in the near future in this thread (when I am free, a bit busy in real life).

Quote:
wait a min
Spoiler:

btw Alicization is still ongoing
Spoiler for Response:

Btw, according to Kawahara-sensei in his twitter, Volume 10 will be released in July, the same month as the start of the anime.

Tags
action, gaming, harem, kirito, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality