AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 16:22   Link #681
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
oh, wait ep.5 was better... catching myself wondering how could a little girl after years of abuse and rape lead the cult that committed those acts, instead of how can those cultists raise from the dead...
Not sure if you're really wondering, but the guys that rose from the dead were never dead. They were just faking it.
Old 2011-11-19, 08:07   Link #682
ookamigirl

Yuno meets the "mother-in-law" LOL
Yuki was sweating quite a lot this time ^^"
Guess he was just overwhelmed with the whole situation.
I was a bit surprised his mom accepted them so easily.
The kid was a total shocker, never expected something like that.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 17:29   Link #683
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Yuno meets the "mother-in-law" LOL
Yuki was sweating quite a lot this time ^^"
Guess he was just overwhelmed with the whole situation.
I was a bit surprised his mom accepted them so easily.
The kid was a total shocker, never expected something like that.
This is where the episode actually started to get annoying. Yuki could have EASILY checked his phone to see that Yuno was there cleaning the house, and that he would have to introduce her to his mother. In fact, while Yuno and the mother were looking at the photo album, Yuki was in the other room CHECKING HIS DIARY, and yet he still didn't notice this:

Spoiler for Size:

It's almost as though he should have known about running out of toilet paper, or that Yuno was going to stay overnight. And you know why Yuno gave him that toilet paper? Because she reads her diary!!! You know how Yuno blocked those scissors with a pillow? Because she reads her diary!!! Try it some time, Yuki. Maybe you can be useful next time.
Old 2011-11-19, 17:32   Link #684
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
This is where the episode actually started to get annoying. Yuki could have EASILY checked his phone to see that Yuno was there cleaning the house, and that he would have to introduce her to his mother. In fact, while Yuno and the mother were looking at the photo album, Yuki was in the other room CHECKING HIS DIARY, and yet he still didn't notice this:

Spoiler for Size:

It's almost as though he should have known about running out of toilet paper, or that Yuno was going to stay overnight. And you know why Yuno gave him that toilet paper? Because she reads her diary!!! You know how Yuno blocked those scissors with a pillow? Because she reads her diary!!! Try it some time, Yuki. Maybe you can be useful next time.
Don't get annoyed by this, Yuki's a bumbling wimp who only shows strength in the worst of times. That's his character. He's a dependent kid who needs others to protect him.
Old 2011-11-19, 17:44   Link #685
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Don't get annoyed by this, Yuki's a bumbling wimp who only shows strength in the worst of times. That's his character. He's a dependent kid who needs others to protect him.
Up until now in the anime, Yukiteru is hiding behind Yuno's skirt all the time, never showed strength, potential, or whatever.

I can sympathize with asocial and antisocial characters that have balls, but never with a wuss like this one
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 17:51   Link #686
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Now that I think about it, life must be very exhausting for Yuno. Usually, people try to bring those that they care about into their world. Instead, Yuno is trying to be a part of Yuki's world. Furthermore, she does bounce back and forth between her kind outward persona and her dark inner persona. Plus, she works to the point of collapse for Yuki (cleaning the house, cooking dinner, fighting a bunch of zombie followers, outsmarting Tootsie-Pop Twelfth). The poor thing needs a vacation from her life.

Also, Murmur as a mini-Yuno is beyond adorable.
Spoiler for Size:
Old 2011-11-19, 18:01   Link #687
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Up until now in the anime, Yukiteru is hiding behind Yuno's skirt all the time, never showed strength, potential, or whatever.

I can sympathize with asocial and antisocial characters that have balls, but never with a wuss like this one
I'm not asking for you to sympathize with characters, just to accept them as individual characters themselves.

Yuno does go through a lot of crap. That girl needs a murderous getaway so she can release all of her anger and return a happy little girl. Maybe bring back an axe, who knows.
Old 2011-11-19, 18:15   Link #688
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Yuno does go through a lot of crap. That girl needs a murderous getaway so she can release all of her anger and return a happy little girl. Maybe bring back an axe, who knows.
I'm not so sure. Yuno only seems to go dark when things do not (or even might not) go her way). Giving her an additional sink for all that anger may only make it worse on her overall.
Old 2011-11-19, 18:17   Link #689
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
I'm not so sure. Yuno only seems to go dark when things do not (or even might not) go her way). Giving her an additional sink for all that anger may only make it worse on her overall.
It was all a joke, in all honesty. I like my Yuno cute and somewhat crazy.
Old 2011-11-19, 19:57   Link #690
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:

???

Did you miss episode 5 when Yuki finally manned up and protected Yuno?

Not saying he isn't still a wimp most of the time, but there's obviously some steel in his spine somewhere.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 20:05   Link #691
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Yuki will have to man up eventually, especially with Yuno around.

It can be easy as that to provoke Yuno, and the way Yuki is being right now (Locking her in a closet, rejecting her, admitting he doesn't want to be with her) I wouldn't surprised if he flips a switch in Yuno that makes her want to kill him.

At the same time, there's still so many diary owners out there, and Yuno wont be around Yuki 24/7 (At least, I hope not) to protect him.
Old 2011-11-19, 20:32   Link #692
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Well Yuki can be somewhat reliable like I said, but only if things hit the lowest point. When a fight starts, he's the first to cower behind something in order to only protect himself.

Aside from that, I finally caught up with the writeups on the series.

Episode 1: Let The Game Begin
Episode 2: The Ninth Bomber
Episode 3: Opening Fate's Door
Episode 4: Sheltered Sixth
Episode 5: Hand Ball! Are You Blind Or Something?
Episode 6: The Fifth Appears

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-11-19 at 21:52.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 21:43   Link #693
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

I think the wowfags amongst us that follow Mirai Nikki wish that the boss Murmur was a lot smaller... and a lot cuter.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 21:53   Link #694
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Except that Houjou is Fifth...
Old 2011-11-19, 22:03   Link #695
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, got over that brain lapse. xD
Old 2011-11-19, 23:28   Link #696
Dr. Casey

I think it's a bit silly for people to accuse Yuki of supposedly being a wimp... just how exactly is a 14 year old kid supposed to act when put into a life-or-death situation (When going up against people much stronger and more capable of fighting than himself, at that)? I don't think acting 100% like a normal human being is anything to be ashamed of, and I actually think he's been pretty badass so far. Should anime characters always be fearless, emotion-free badasses that can handle any situation without flinching?

Also, this series has been nothing but awesome so far in every way and the opening and ending songs are both really good too. Sorry to be a fanboy, but Mirai Nikki just kicks that much ass.
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 23:32   Link #697
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 23:48   Link #698
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I think it's a bit silly for people to accuse Yuki of supposedly being a wimp... just how exactly is a 14 year old kid supposed to act when put into a life-or-death situation (When going up against people much stronger and more capable of fighting than himself, at that)? I don't think acting 100% like a normal human being is anything to be ashamed of, and I actually think he's been pretty badass so far. Should anime characters always be fearless, emotion-free badasses that can handle any situation without flinching?

Also, this series has been nothing but awesome so far in every way and the opening and ending songs are both really good too. Sorry to be a fanboy, but Mirai Nikki just kicks that much ass.
Well I wasn't "accusing" him, but that's basically what he is, and that's okay. And yeah, I can't argue with that last statement.
Old 2011-11-19, 23:53   Link #699
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Well I wasn't "accusing" him, but that's basically what he is, and that's okay. And yeah, I can't argue with that last statement.:heh:
My post wasn't aimed at you, actually :p It's mostly the people that are actually deriding him. 'Wtf, a junior high kid that's lived a fairly normal and cushioned life is scared to be thrust into the middle of a small-scale war? God what a pussy'
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 00:01   Link #700
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
My post wasn't aimed at you, actually It's mostly the people that are actually deriding him. 'Wtf, a junior high kid that's lived a fairly normal and cushioned life is scared to be thrust into the middle of a small-scale war? God what a pussy'
I think what we all want is to see Yuki step up in times of trouble for Yuno. No matter who you are, the man steps up and protects the woman, right?

Not saying women can't defend themselves, but it's something that should happen nonetheless.

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere