AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 15:36   Link #1061
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
WUT? There is a window in law for someone with an expensive lawyer to evade the consequences of killing cops in the states

Now joking aside, I find it strange, courts and police are supposed to have separate jurisdictions... you are not arrested because you ARE guilty, it's not the police's job to judge you; on the other hand, a judge can NOT ignore the fact that you resisted arrest, whether it was justified or not, it does not matter. Well, at least in Greece and Germany, which of course follow different judicial systems it is so... in theory.

As I implied rules, laws, and all that crap are supposed to be obeyed, however unfair they are, otherwise we would have anarchy, and humanity on average has not evolved enough for such advanced social structures
Well... you'd have to show that under the reasonable person standard that:

1: Surrendering to the police would have meant your death
2: You had no method of appealing to a higher authority for protection (or alternatively that you did exhaust all attempts to appeal to a higher authority and were rebuffed)

This is based on the natural law that an innocent man is not morally required to submit to death.

Now suppose that the police chief intends to kill you. Furthermore he has framed you for a murder so that he can deceive his police officers into trying to seize and put you in his power so that he can arrange your death.

So surrendering to the police = death.

The second bit would be you attempting to contact the district attorney, or the internal affairs division, or someone who you could surrender too so that you can go through the court process without being killed by the corrupt police chief.

Neither Yukki nor Yuno are shown doing this. However, considering their youth, a jury would likely determine that they were unaware of who to contact once the police chief became untrustworthy.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2011-12-26 at 15:47. Reason: Went off on a tangent
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 16:01   Link #1062
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow , the policemen & fourth were crappy O_o.
Anyway , Yuno creepy as always
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:55   Link #1063
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Mirai Nikki: "Σ(´Д` )"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Well... you'd have to show that under the reasonable person standard that:

1: Surrendering to the police would have meant your death
2: You had no method of appealing to a higher authority for protection (or alternatively that you did exhaust all attempts to appeal to a higher authority and were rebuffed)

This is based on the natural law that an innocent man is not morally required to submit to death.

Now suppose that the police chief intends to kill you. Furthermore he has framed you for a murder so that he can deceive his police officers into trying to seize and put you in his power so that he can arrange your death.

So surrendering to the police = death.

The second bit would be you attempting to contact the district attorney, or the internal affairs division, or someone who you could surrender too so that you can go through the court process without being killed by the corrupt police chief.
Wow, I won't go into detail, since I will be way off topic, but what you wrote is a very dangerous theoretical basis for laws, especially when you consider the extension of the bold part... the natural law that a guilty man is morally required to submit to death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Neither Yukki nor Yuno are shown doing this. However, considering their youth, a jury would likely determine that they were unaware of who to contact once the police chief became untrustworthy.
But for the purposes of Mirai Nikki I guess it's OK, since 4 years olds can handle chemical weapons, rape victims lead the cults of their assailants, obviously policemen/judges acting like a psychopaths isn't such a big deal
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 21:55   Link #1064
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
But you see, that's what's so scary. The deepest roots of psychological warfare plant themselves through the heart and mind, meaning that if Yuno can convince Yuki that she's on his side with no doubts, then Yuki will be putty in Yuno's hands.

Just a theoretical thought, but y'know.
And because of what you said about Yuno needing Yuki alive for her diary to work, she has every conceivable reason to use him just as you say.

Of course, from an audience perspective, it's almost certain that she's totally genuine. The point is that it's still completely plausible (especially using Mirai Nikki values for "plausible") that she's playing him like a fiddle, and the more horrors Yuki witnesses Yuno performing, or being involved in, the more likely it is that he'll begin to suspect that.

Every time the viewer is given reason to root for Yuno, or sympathize with her, something is revealed that cannot possibly be explained away in a manner that would make it all okay. Even if you firmly believe that she'd never hurt Yuki -- and I do believe that -- she's still a walking nightmare, because she just keeps doing things that make her looks like she's planning on skinning him, and wearing him like a goddamned Super Mario suit.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 13:40   Link #1065
ookamigirl

This was a pretty intense episode.
Kurusu was just amazing. That guy seemed to have lives like a cat.
I'm glad Yukkii found finally found some courage.
Yuno is still a psycho...

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 23:56   Link #1066
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ok then so after all that yea now cop dairy is gone yea next ep going to mid-point of series yet looking inside that bag "skulls" will roll.

indeed cop dairy going all length even gun showdown with yuno to flashboom, holding yuno with knife to be god!!!

yuki really pull big shot by shot the cop dairy & then being exposed by ninth with young cop as witness so cop diary person pull a sorry break his phone & "bye" with favor keep his son safe.

oh yea indeed keep beware of yuno after message of aru but yoink yuno "whacked" the message now she all "bag skulls" in her bag hmm indeed mid-point eps is next.

oh mur mur extra reveal more how cop dairy want to be cop give cause old man beat up & breaking house give later run away kick the bucket & also cause of cop dairy want to be cop to beat up rubbish while explain in coffee place
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 01:50   Link #1067
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
especially when you consider the extension of the bold part... the natural law that a guilty man is morally required to submit to death
That's not the extension, though. Saying that innocent people don't deserve to die doesn't automatically mean that people who are guilty do deserve to.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 02:05   Link #1068
Malkuth
Banned

Doesn't it? if only* group A has a right, doesn't that imply that group 1-A does not have that right

* I assume that "only" there, otherwise the statement would be too vague for an argument.
Old 2011-12-28, 03:55   Link #1069
Marik

Yuno is great.
So far the anime is following the manga. I hope they will be able to show us the complete manga in 26 episodes.
Marik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:20   Link #1070
Guido

The thing is the twelfth episode deserved the conclusion at how Kurusu-san ended the way he chose he did.

The standoff was delightfully climatic, because they pitted Yuno against Kurusu. Kurusu wanted to become Deus in order to save his son, and he was as determined as Yuno can get (though not in Yuno's special psychotic manner) to put everyone in the line of fire even if it was his own family; he had to move forward without regrets and becoming Deus surely would see to save his family.

Kurusu is after Minene one of my third favorite characters. The guy did not want to put on contrivances for image sake so as to keep appearances, unlike other diary users did.
He was exploiting the advantages of his position as a detective to keep a supervisor role as the game was moving on.

He called off his alliance with Yukiteru and got the kids at a rain of fire crossroads, that could not be excusable. However, a parent like him knowing that his own child doesn't have much time left, once learning it and being full conscious of a straightforward way to save that life then, naturally, he would choose to take it no matter the consequences later on.

BTW, the story is as commendable, because it shows how the writers can naturally turned the emotions on the audience to love Yuno, jeopardized during a critical standoff, and then vanishing off those emotions from us when she quickly reverts to her psychotic state at the conclusion of the episode for two things:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 23:53   Link #1071
MasterVampire

I thought all the stuff with the police was resolved.
So whats this about the police being after Yuno again in that txt message he sent to Yuki?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 06:51   Link #1072
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Yuno is crazy, she could have done a lot more in the past that we have yet to discover. Either that, or there may be another diary owner within the police force trying to remove his/her biggest threat.

Or Ako's just jealous of Yuno and wants Yuki all to himself
Old 2011-12-29, 08:12   Link #1073
Marina2

Will next ep. delay due to the holiday??
Old 2011-12-29, 08:46   Link #1074
TheEroKing
Version Zero

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Yes, no Mirai Nikki this week. Next airs on the 8th of Jan.

Sources.
Anidb
Countdown Anime
Old 2011-12-29, 08:47   Link #1075
Malkuth
Banned

13 first airs on nico nico douga on the 8th of January at 23:00 (so that would be early morning of the 9th in Europe), here is the complete schedule
Old 2011-12-29, 10:02   Link #1076
Dark Wing

Well I have to say I feel for the 4th and no wonder he with down the road his son's illness was indeed the driving force behind his actions. Also it seems he was planning on back stabbing Yuki and Yuno from the start most likely waiting until the end of the game to do it and probably would have won however his son's health got worse causing him to speed up his plans which in the end cost him the game.
Old 2012-01-01, 10:26   Link #1077
klare

i am not happy with this eps for only showing Yuno killing the SWAT guys with a little gun, i prefer she using something like an axe

with the stuff Yuno carrying in her bag, i am starting to worry for Yuki's dad...
Old 2012-01-02, 20:29   Link #1078
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i am not happy with this eps for only showing Yuno killing the SWAT guys with a little gun, i prefer she using something like an axe

with the stuff Yuno carrying in her bag, i am starting to worry for Yuki's dad...
Yeah, Yuno is your psychotic yandere. Anyone that she feels is a threat to her relationship with Yuki, she wants to kill them off. And the show still hasn't answered what happened to the people in the room at Yuno's house. She is absolutely insane and creeps me out but Yuki needs a woman like that seeing as he is so weak-willed at times.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 21:57   Link #1079
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 07:28   Link #1080
StarliteRyuusei
Unlimited Loli Works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekHuntress View Post
Yeah, Yuno is your psychotic yandere. Anyone that she feels is a threat to her relationship with Yuki, she wants to kill them off. And the show still hasn't answered what happened to the people in the room at Yuno's house. She is absolutely insane and creeps me out but Yuki needs a woman like that seeing as he is so weak-willed at times.
Yuno's starting to show her true dark side (since it's almost halfway through the series). Yes, I agree with you. That wimpy (who now is a lot braver than earlier in the series) Yuki needs a strong girl beside him, even if she is a psycho (at least she knows how to kill)
StarliteRyuusei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere