AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 15:37   Link #121
jcdietz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Yuno is creepy as fuck. I'm not sure if I would like to have a girl like her stalk me every day, especially not when she could kill you at every possibility. I guess Yuki has a good reason to be scared of her.

Yuki's voice aside (didn't really like it), this episode was certainly interesting. And I guess we've always known it: Norio Wakamoto is God.
Yes. Wow. Yuno soo creepy.
1) She called it the "Yukiteru Diary."
A) The diaries seem to know something of interest to the person. For example, the murderer's diary knew about murders.
B) Thus it follows that Yuno is stalking Yukiteru (because he is of interest to her for no good reason)

2) Yuno is a cold blooded killer. Sooo creepy.
A) It doesn't faze her at all that a murderer is on the way.
B) When the plan succeeds, she says "how boring!"

Can we play a forum game:
You are Yukiteru. You know everything Yukiteru does at this point.
Your mission: Devise a strategy to beat Yuno.

I think it is an impossible problem. I give up.
Yuno's diary knows what Yukiteru will do in the next ten minutes. So if he would kill Yuno in the next ten minutes, Yuno would know and would try to stop it.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 15:43   Link #122
Vane
Hyouka

Send a message via MSN to Vane
Here's a freebie sig for the honour of our new yandere heroine. Can't help but love her...

I really liked the first episode, and can't wait for more. I leave deeper comments to others ;D
Old 2011-10-10, 17:08   Link #123
Soliloquy
Perpetually Nonchalant

Solid episode but if I have to nitpick at the direction, I wasn't the fan of Yuno's entrance at the elevator scene. Voicewise, I agree that Yukiteru's voice is too girly.
Old 2011-10-10, 17:13   Link #124
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Yuno is creepy as fuck. I'm not sure if I would like to have a girl like her stalk me every day, especially not when she could kill you at every possibility..
She will not kill you, she will just kill all the other girls around you

Other than that, I don't see the problem with Yuki's voice. I think, it's perfectly fine.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 18:16   Link #125
kitten320

Oh! A thriller, mystery and suspence... just what I need
Though it is a bit weird to see everyone to be willing to kill each other... Did Deuz Machine choose such guys on purpose? All psychos? Yuki is so out of it!

I really wonder what made Yuuno interested in him when Yuki barely stands out... I guess for now it is good to have her as a stalker, all he needs to do is to be nice to her
The real problems will start when the two of them will be left... I already can see her bathing in his blood and shining from enjoyment.
Old 2011-10-10, 19:25   Link #126
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
They did this first episode really well. The designs are superb, music is good, and touched point on the main char's personality.

I loved the way the other diary holders are keeping on their toes since Deus proclaimed that Yuki may win the game. How they all addressed Yuki as if they are going to hunt him down all the while he shakes in fear was excellent =03!

The epilogue for ep 1 was hilarious X03! I don't think they had that in the manga. I can't believe the 3rd killed himself twice before he knew what was going on .

And I expected somebody to make that last Yuno scene an avi =0(.

Last edited by frubam; 2011-10-10 at 21:57.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 20:35   Link #127
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Wakamoto as Deus FTW. Since i'm an anime-only viewer i'm assuming the first scene was the ending. Lol Yukkiteru thinking he created Deus. Yuno is awesome, that last shot of her in the end was so creepy. So sine its last man standing wonder what Yuno would do if it her and Yukki in th end. Oh well have to wait and see. Still don't understand how number 3 was able to track Yukki. Yuno said he left a trail, but didn't he only use the diary to do good on tests and avoid getting beat up.
The following is all based on hints you can find in the first episode. Spoiled just in case someone hasn't seen the first episode yet:

Spoiler for Summary of clues in the first episode as to the identity of the Serial Killer:

Do I need to say more?

Don't feel too bad if you missed it. Yukkiteru himself probably doesn't know what happened. Heck, I read the manga and never figured it out until I watched this episode.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 20:43   Link #128
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I totally missed that, guess if I keep watching this I'd better pay closer attention to the background details. I want to keep watching this any way but I'm already following one fansub for the season so unless this gets picked up for a simulcast it might be a while before I get a chance to continue.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 21:18   Link #129
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I feel bad for First. After performing a miracle thanks to Yuno's help, he's now the target for all the other future diary users. Yuno on the other hand just gives me chills, especially during the ending with her glowing eyes and creepy yet adorable lovey face...

The ending was funny though with how Third kept killing himself over and over
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 22:06   Link #130
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This seem like Death Note meets Noein
Old 2011-10-10, 22:09   Link #131
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

A true yandere heroine...haven't had that in awhile, so tired of the comedic type that doesn't actually do anything.

Fist ep wise...definitely intriguing. I'm afraid I'm gonna hate myself if I follow it every week though. Maybe I will save a couple ep and watch in one go each time.

EDIT: Vane, may I use that freebie sig as an image for a post on my blog? Credit will be given.

Last edited by HurricaneHige; 2011-10-10 at 22:22.
HurricaneHige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 23:45   Link #132
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
The following is all based on hints you can find in the first episode. Spoiled just in case someone hasn't seen the first episode yet:

Spoiler for Summary of clues in the first episode as to the identity of the Serial Killer:

Do I need to say more?

Don't feel too bad if you missed it. Yukkiteru himself probably doesn't know what happened. Heck, I read the manga and never figured it out until I watched this episode.
Oh wow, I didn't notice that either until now. Holy crap, I guess it went right over my head. I didn't even think of it possibly be a person we were familiar with. I thought it was just some random serial killer.

Anyway, I've read a little over half of the manga before I stopped. I think I'll just watch from the anime. Either way, I really enjoyed this episode and it reminded me why I got so interested in the series when I first started reading. Like others, I didn't really like Yuki or Yuno's voice but moreso Yuki's since the VA didn't even bother trying to sound a bit more masculine. Animation was okay but I didn't like the CG that much. But the OST was very good and fitting for the series.

The episode really got me pumped.
Old 2011-10-11, 00:38   Link #133
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
Yes. Wow. Yuno soo creepy.
1) She called it the "Yukiteru Diary."
A) The diaries seem to know something of interest to the person. For example, the murderer's diary knew about murders.
B) Thus it follows that Yuno is stalking Yukiteru (because he is of interest to her for no good reason)

2) Yuno is a cold blooded killer. Sooo creepy.
A) It doesn't faze her at all that a murderer is on the way.
B) When the plan succeeds, she says "how boring!"

Can we play a forum game:
You are Yukiteru. You know everything Yukiteru does at this point.
Your mission: Devise a strategy to beat Yuno.

I think it is an impossible problem. I give up.
Yuno's diary knows what Yukiteru will do in the next ten minutes. So if he would kill Yuno in the next ten minutes, Yuno would know and would try to stop it.
Not like there wouldn't be chances. Say there is a difficult diary user that Yuno takes down but not without serious damage herself. Well then even if she knows what's coming it won't be that easy to prevent her own death. Plus if she's this super obsessed with Yukiteru and he truly wants her gone it's possible she might accept that. Maybe not, but it's possible.
Old 2011-10-11, 01:06   Link #134
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not like there wouldn't be chances. Say there is a difficult diary user that Yuno takes down but not without serious damage herself. Well then even if she knows what's coming it won't be that easy to prevent her own death. Plus if she's this super obsessed with Yukiteru and he truly wants her gone it's possible she might accept that. Maybe not, but it's possible.
You might want to remember this point.
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 01:37   Link #135
Vane
Hyouka

Send a message via MSN to Vane
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
EDIT: Vane, may I use that freebie sig as an image for a post on my blog? Credit will be given.
Go ahead
Old 2011-10-11, 03:53   Link #136
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vane View Post
Here's a freebie sig for the honour of our new yandere heroine. Can't help but love her...

I really liked the first episode, and can't wait for more. I leave deeper comments to others ;D
so taking that, so much

hm, its not showing up for some reason, doesnt look like its wrong size though?

Last edited by Silverwyrm; 2011-10-11 at 07:10.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 05:11   Link #137
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Unfortunately I can't join the chorus here since I found this first episode to be downright amateurish from top to bottom. The fact that the series I find this reminds me of the most is [C] The Money of Possibility and Soul Control doesn't help much.

First it can't be understated just how ugly I find this show to be in terms of animation and aesthetic from top to bottom. The character design is fine, but the average character art in the show is pretty bland to downright clearly off model for the most part. Also I'm not normally one to complain about CGI, finding that anime has lately had a better grip on blending 3D background art assets with 2D character models, but that was seriously some of the ugliest CGI I've seen in a while. Some of the architecture in Deus Ex Machina's world look like it hadn't been textured properly let alone dithered such that it looked noticeably fuzzy and blurry. Really doesn't look good at all, especially for a first episode of an apparently popular manga's adaptation.

The characters themselves I'd also have to describe as kind of bland. The main character doesn't exhibit much personality nor does he seem to have any sort of relationship with anyone other than this Deus Ex Machina imaginary but not really imaginary friend. I can't say I felt any sort of chemistry going with Yuno either who he mostly seems to admire as that character archetype that is fastly becoming one of my least favorites. The perfect school idol that everyone is infatuated with that gets good grades and is good at everything, but has a downright sociopathic personality. A lot of people seem to really go for this package, but I personally can't stand this character archetype much as some may have seen me express before. It just doesn't make for an interesting female character by my standards, but we'll see where they go with it I guess.

In any case she doesn't do much to win any sympathy or interest from me either in her actions this episode nor does she have anything in the way of back story or personality introduced. In fact nobody is really well introduced in this episode at all and the premise is kind of hurriedly introduced in the second part such that I had to read a wikipedia article to fully grasp it. It kind of reminds me a bit of the premise of Eden of The East in terms of the game and trying to one up each other, only where the premise there was towards a good cause in saving Japan and the male and female lead were charming, humble and likeable, here the goal is simply to become the successor to Deus (why and how?) by breaking each others phones thus causing them to spin into a tornado vortex and the characters are crass, dull, violent and lacking in personality.

Just not a very good first episode at all and really gave me little to go on or be interested in, but I'll give it a chance and see where things go next episode. Just please can it look a little better?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-10-11 at 05:33.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 05:25   Link #138
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

I was kind of disappointed with the first episode too but only because of the weird pacing. I think everything was happening way too fast because I didn't feel any of the scenes had enough time to give the desired impact. I didn't feel any of the fear, anxiety and confusion that Yuki felt for example when he was confrotning the serial killer. I hope it gets better now that the premise is established. It may be just that they didn't want to spend more than one episode establishing the premise so they squashed it all into the first episode.
Old 2011-10-11, 07:48   Link #139
PzIVf3

Plot looks superior.

Edit:
Next Preview 2

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 09:03   Link #140
kitten320

Are we going to be introduced to two new diary users next week?

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere