AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-21, 12:01   Link #1481
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Alien,God,clone,serial killer,transvestite hooker (okay not this far),I don't care what Yuno is,and neither should Yukiteru. He is a complete loser that is just way too insecure. At least after 18 episodes he manned up,only to betray Yuno once again. Poor girl,she should just lock him somewhere that no one will find then poke him with a stick all day. Hotel was too obvious.
Old 2012-02-21, 12:17   Link #1482
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Yukiteru might be a lot of things, but a loser he is definitely not.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 12:53   Link #1483
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Why can't he stand up for his girlfriend then? Okay,let's say he was being forced into that,but still he shouldn't be so selfish by making her do all the dirty work then betraying her over things others say. Sure,her actions aren't helping with that and kidnapping him was a big mistake on her part but she protected him all the way through.
Old 2012-02-21, 13:12   Link #1484
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
Why can't he stand up for his girlfriend then? Okay,let's say he was being forced into that,but still he shouldn't be so selfish by making her do all the dirty work then betraying her over things others say. Sure,her actions aren't helping with that and kidnapping him was a big mistake on her part but she protected him all the way through.
I agree. If he was a man, he would have told Akise: so what???!!!

I mean common, he calmly accepted decaying corpses in Yunos house and doesnt even ask her about it. He accepted a lot of things by now in fact. Whats the big deal then that maybe Yunos real name isnt Yuno? Does it matter in this type of situation? Lets not forget they are not 2 teenagers fooling around on the school premises, holding hands, kissing secretely and whispering their first love confessions into each others ear. In such a setting, Yunos lies would feel relatively heavier than in a game of survival where they have other things to worry about and Yuno has already proven herself to Yukki as reliable on numerous occations.

I dont get him.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 13:18   Link #1485
Malkuth
Banned

You misunderstand, being a man, and being a loser are two different things. If not anything else "winning" usually revolves around backstabbing, lying, manipulating, etc... very unmanly behaviour
Old 2012-02-21, 13:27   Link #1486
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
If not anything else "winning" usually revolves around backstabbing, lying, manipulating, etc... very unmanly behaviour
you mean ungentlemanly.... loads of machos do the things you just named and are considered damn manly.
Old 2012-02-21, 13:44   Link #1487
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I think it's more about fitting in the "adult world". He needs to get over things like "not killing" when "not killing" only causes harm to people who actually are about him.
Old 2012-02-21, 13:47   Link #1488
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I thought "winning" usually revolved around zeal, focus, and violent hatred.
Old 2012-02-21, 14:05   Link #1489
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Winning is being righteous and not evil.
Old 2012-02-21, 14:08   Link #1490
Malkuth
Banned

In fiction
Old 2012-02-21, 14:45   Link #1491
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

In this particular creation of fiction,yes.
Old 2012-02-21, 15:06   Link #1492
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Considering that Yuno has continuously moved the goalposts on Yuki, then justified her lies by saying "I'm doing it all for you" I think he can be forgiven a little mistrust. Actions speak louder than words, I know, but words aren't meaningless. If everything else she's said is a lie, how can he be sure that "I'm willing to die for you" isn't a lie, too?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 15:08   Link #1493
warita
Dai-Youkai

Going back to the main plot..... I am contemplating to what extent we can trust Yunos flashbacks of what happened to her and how her parents treated her.

So the flashbacks let us believe that Yuno unintentionally killed her parents, after they tortured her for years. I think we all probably thought in that moment, that they deserved it.

But if you will remember, in one of the scene from the flashbacks, Yunos mother said: I wish I havent given birth to you.

But Yuno is adopted.... so, isnt that strange? Has Yuno been adopted when she was a baby and the parents pretended to be her biological parents.... or is she fabricating the memories of her suffering as a justification for killing the parents?
Old 2012-02-21, 15:17   Link #1494
miketyson

warita: In the manga the line is nothing like that, and entirely ambiguous on the subject (literally something like "devil child!", iirc). I'll check the video for you a bit later. Unless the show is changing stuff up that's an irresponsible bit of translation...

Edit: Well, you learn something every day. The first line is the same in the manga and the anime: the mom calls Yuno an 鬼子 ("onigo"), for which the characters are "devil child" but the actual meaning (if you look it up in a dictionary, which I just did) seems to be "child which does not resemble its parents". So that part is ambiguous, but by itself it only *figuratively* (not literally) means something like "you're not my child".

The anime added an additional line after that. I'm not 100% sure what it actually means (it's like half of a sentence), but for the life of me don't see how it could possibly be "I wish I hadn't given birth to you." Seems to be more of "a why're you doing this..." line. Phonetically it's "doushite anta naka wo ...", which could be the start of any number of things (especially if it's "どうしてあんた仲を"). Any real translators around?

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-02-21 at 15:55. Reason: Looked some stuff up.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 23:11   Link #1495
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

...I won't get into the Yuno's-identity discussion because I've read the manga (though I have to agree with those who said to Yukki: who cares? Seriously, if he can deal with the fact that she's an obsessive yandere serial killer who once kidnapped him and kept him tied up in an abandoned building, a little thing like her identity shouldn't be bugging him. Particularly when it's been proven through 19 episodes that bad things always happen when he stops listening to her).

That said, I love the fact that Yukki has finally taken a level in Evil Badass--but only when he reads off Yuno's script! It's like he's getting "How To Be Evil" lessons from his girlfriend!

(Though Yuno blows it big-time here, too. Shoot Bacchus, don't stand around listening to him yap! There's nothing that Akise's information can do that isn't improved by having Eleventh a corpse while that info is being doled out. I hope that Nishijima got a phone call from Ninth or Akise before he chose to save Eleventh, though. Being on Minene's side and following her plan would be one thing, but picking Eleventh over First and Second...especially when he was being half-assed about it and shot to disarm instead of to kill Second.)

7/28 is supposed to be Yuno's Happy End, right? Thirteen days left!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 07:36   Link #1496
miketyson

Here he is, I think: "Tsurunen Marutei" (born: Martti Turunen), originally from Finland. He actually made it into the Diet (which is really something remarkable), and was originally a local politician. It's possible there're other foreigners in local politics, but I can't dig up anyone else easily.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 10:15   Link #1497
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

As for Yuno's unlikely killing skills, it's amazing what you can achieve through sheer determination. Granted, that only explains rapid learning, not the learning itself.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 10:58   Link #1498
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Yukiteru might be a lot of things, but a loser he is definitely not.
Is it a subtle spoiler?

Anyways, from now on first and second have lost their "we-are-the-good-boys" card. ( Ok, second never had it. But I can't see Yuno as evil. ). Actually they have done the same turn 4th took back then. So, I hope Minene doesn't fall for that, too.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 11:01   Link #1499
warita
Dai-Youkai

Frankly, it is a mystery to me why Minene and the others rather join forces with the 11th than with Y&Y.

Speaking of the mayer and foreigners... funny how Deus only chose people from Japan to participate in the game of becoming the next god. Seems that Japan is the belly button of the entire planet.
Old 2012-02-22, 11:42   Link #1500
Luxuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post

Speaking of the mayer and foreigners... funny how Deus only chose people from Japan to participate in the game of becoming the next god. Seems that Japan is the belly button of the entire planet.
Deus perhaps did so because as we all know, his lifespan is nearing its end and selecting diary users from all over the world will make the survival game take a long time to find a winner. Why Sakurami, Japan was chosen will be explained later, IIRC.
Luxuria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere