AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-20, 13:57   Link #1681
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Escentially, they want perfection. Unfortunately for them, Yukki's personal and moral stuggle through this hell is one of the bigger parts of the show and one of the thing that makes him interesting as a character
Actually if he WAS all those things that people wanted him to be, those same people would now be complaining about him being such a Mary Sue.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 17:46   Link #1682
word sux

o man! what a cliff hanger!

These next 2 episodes are going to make or break the show. I hope the ending is as epic as its being built up to be...
Old 2012-03-20, 18:49   Link #1683
E_I
Yuri fan

Is this 24 or 26 episodes?
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 19:34   Link #1684
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

26 episodes. Also, I'd like to add that while Yuki definitely became unlikeable here, it fits well due to the fact that the only reason he's been able to become a badass is because he could bring people back to life. Now that he can't, he's been outed as nothing but a murderer, and he was definitely not ready for that. And since it's a little too late to turn back at this point, considering the world is about to be destroyed, what a bad deal.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-03-20 at 19:49.
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 23:23   Link #1685
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Essentially, it boils down to this: Yukki is a weak person. Not a bad person, just a weak person. A fourteen-year-old kid who basically had no friends and no life before all this was dumped on him.

He spent the first several episodes running scared and living in denial. Why shouldn't he? Was he a hidden super-badass? Hell, no. Did he have experience in life-or-death combat (Third, Fourth, Ninth)? Was he a complete nut (Second, Fifth, Sixth, Tenth, Twelfth)? Was he accustomed to a position of leadership and control where he had to bear responsibilities (Eighth, Eleventh)? Was he even an adult (Seventh)? No. He was mentally, physically, and spiritually overmatched from the start, and yet, thanks to Yuno, he kept winning through the early challenges. Thus he clung to Yuno in fear and yet pulled away from her because, well, she is a scary yandere queen, and as we just learned this episode, even more scary than we thought.

Yukki's transition to badassery, as miketyson and Flawnalyst have alluded to, wasn't really about becoming badass. Essentially, Yukki gave himself the hope that if he somehow won the game, then Everything Would Be All Right. When his parents died, for the first time he started suffering personal consequences, and he fought back against them.

Now, when faced with reality, he hides from it. It's not about trusting Yuno, and it's not about doubting Hinata. It's about the fact that if he accepts the truth, he has to accept that the bad things--the deaths of his parents--are real and inescapable. Like--unfortunately--most people, Yukki clings to a comforting lie because the lie can offer him hope of release. If he believes the lie, he can kill Hinata, Mao, and Kousaka because he can just resurrect them anyway. It's easy. Killing them--like the killing he did earlier in his pseudo-badass mode--was easy because it had no consequences.

...and if he does believe them, then he's very likely to shut down, because even with them alive, he's lost too much, crossed too many lines.

In essence, what motivates Yukki to act is what always has motivated Yukki to act: fear. It's just that as the series has progressed, circumstances have forced that fear to provoke different types of behavior. And now it's just him and Yuno and whatever comes of that. He's learned to show physical courage, but now it remains to be seen whether he can find some way to show moral courage, or if he'll just be a start-to-finish loser protagonist.

'Cause there's, what, two episodes left? Four? (Two plus two bonus nonsense episodes that will only show up on the DVD releases like we see a lot of times?) Lots of story left to be told if it's just Yukki v. Yuno to see who rules a dead hole in spacetime, right?
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 23:28   Link #1686
totoum
Oppai warrior

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Cause there's, what, two episodes left? Four? (Two plus two bonus )
What bonus DVD episodes?
Old 2012-03-20, 23:59   Link #1687
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
What bonus DVD episodes?
Three separate possibilities I was asking about:

1. The series is 24 eps., so we get two more.

2. The series is 26 eps., so we get four more.

3. The series is 26 eps., but the season ends in two weeks and so there's only enough time to show two episodes unless it's let "run long" into the Spring 2012 season. In this case the broadcast would be 24 episodes but there would be 2 additional ones on the DVD release that wouldn't be part of the "regular" storyline but side-stories or random fun. That happens a lot (Tsukuyomi~Moon Phase, for example, or how ARIA the ORIGINATION got an extra one so it was 13+1).

I have no idea which of these three options is actually correct.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 00:32   Link #1688
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
i don't want the world to be ruled by some gay god, no, seriously....
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 00:57   Link #1689
Animexcel

Quote:
Three separate possibilities I was asking about:

1. The series is 24 eps., so we get two more.

2. The series is 26 eps., so we get four more.

3. The series is 26 eps., but the season ends in two weeks and so there's only enough time to show two episodes unless it's let "run long" into the Spring 2012 season. In this case the broadcast would be 24 episodes but there would be 2 additional ones on the DVD release that wouldn't be part of the "regular" storyline but side-stories or random fun. That happens a lot (Tsukuyomi~Moon Phase, for example, or how ARIA the ORIGINATION got an extra one so it was 13+1).

I have no idea which of these three options is actually correct.
I would think #2.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 00:59   Link #1690
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's #2. It was announced LONG ago that it would be 26 episodes, so unless it does something ala CLANNAD, I doubt that will change.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 01:03   Link #1691
renjiM

finally the last EP!!

i wonder what those black hemisphere is....
what will become of Yukiteru?
__________________________________________________ ______________________
This blog is mainly linked to fun. Nosubtitles. He lp u to make learning japanese!
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/nosubanime
renjiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 01:21   Link #1692
Guido

If I didn't have enough with Another 11th episode, which was so good, BTW.

This episode of Mirai Nikki practically is killing any empathy right now I'm feeling for Yukiteru, and, regardless, how much messed up Yuno's childhood turned out to be, as explored in her flashback, my empathy for her has dropped to zero.

Yuki has never heard of the old saying that even amongst the best and closest of friends they hurt each other.

If what Hinata and the gang did to prevent Yuki from killing the Eighth is because all care for him, and they want from him to realize Yuno's deceitful ways.

Spoiler:

Kudos and praise go to Akise, that despite learning the truth of his existence from Deus, he willed to have his individual existence recognized by Deus.
Spoiler:

I can only pray that Akise's last text message displayed on Yukiteru's face will force Yuki to finally wake up and realize the truth.
Spoiler:

Now, I cannot wait for the next episode. The waiting to learn what happens next is making me anxious.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 01:33   Link #1693
totoum
Oppai warrior

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
3. The series is 26 eps., but the season ends in two weeks and so there's only enough time to show two episodes unless it's let "run long" into the Spring 2012 season
Unless I'm wrong,Hyouka is supposed to take over Mirai Nikki's slot and it starts in 4 weeks,late into the spring season.
Old 2012-03-21, 09:56   Link #1694
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

This show become more hilarious every episodes can't wait to see the ending for this...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:21   Link #1695
kitten320

HA! Despite acting cool Yuki still is a stupid child whom I hate! Nothing changed at all, he is a real retard. If anything he actually became worse.

Yuno can die too, never liked her and never will.

Akise just got ruined for me... Why in the world is he gay all of a sudden? And for Yuki of all people! I really have nothing against yaoi but that's totally out of place here!
Old 2012-03-21, 13:58   Link #1696
Mr.Raw
So damn lazy...ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw Send a message via Skype™ to Mr.Raw
It was indeed quite sudden for me that Akise went the gay way ...totally didn't saw that coming from earlier episodes

Random info:
Signature: Sun-Ken Rock

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 14:14   Link #1697
Voxxen
Observer

Exclamation!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Did anyone else notice that Yuno and that short chobits demon thing thats always with deus have the same eyes? I noticed it when whats his face that kissed yuki was figuring it all out as he was dying.

It could be a far off guess but what if she made her own diary, stole the identity of yuno and disguised herself as yuno? Could explain the 2 diaries. If deus is the god in that world could she be the devil? This could also explain the split personality yuno has.
I had never even made the connection! Thanks for pointing this out, I mean this makes much more sense then the three possibility's i stated earlier!!!

Spoiler for Theory:

Quote:
Godlike1889
It was indeed quite sudden for me that Akise went the gay way ...totally didn't saw that coming from earlier episodes
Lol, actually I remember an amv that saw this coming way ahead. I believe it was created around episode 16? It depicts both factions (Akise) and (Yuno) trying to gain Yuki's attention.

Some AMV's I managed to pull up that are pretty good:
Super Psycho Love
Y a n d e r e Q u e e n «3

Oh, found the one where they had scenes that hinted Akise x Yuki and i forgot how good this guy did. This video had been aired on Jan. 31! Nice intuition MagalynAMV xD
【Ħ ♛ M】 SEXY KILLER

Last edited by Voxxen; 2012-03-21 at 15:10.
Voxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 14:51   Link #1698
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Akise isn't gay, he only loves Yukiteru.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 15:05   Link #1699
Voxxen
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Akise isn't gay, he only loves Yukiteru.
Lol, then tell me what the definition of gay is?

Definition of Gay: (of a person, esp. a man) Homosexual

He may not like anyone except for Yukiteru, but Yukiteru still is a guy therefor by definition...

Akise is gay xD
Voxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 15:19   Link #1700
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxen View Post
Lol, then tell me what the definition of gay is?

Definition of Gay: (of a person, esp. a man) Homosexual

He may not like anyone except for Yukiteru, but Yukiteru still is a guy therefor by definition...

Akise is gay xD
Actually saying someone is gay should mean that he is happy. And Akise is clearly Yukiterusexual.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere