AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-29, 07:42   Link #1821
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
Two questions:

1- Why didn't Yuno 2 see a Dead End sign?
2- Why did Yuno 2's diary (which read Amano-kun instead of Yukkii) keep working after she died?

The second question is especially important since;

If two Yuno's are different and that's why killing Yuno 2 didn't cause a paradox,then they are seperate entities.

In which case,Yuno 1's presence shouldn't make Yuno 2's diary work.

If it is the other way around and they are the exact same person,then Yuno 1 is supposed to disappear. (I am against all Yuno disappearing through,save the Yuno's for an awesome future)

Just some food for thought.
Because the survival game hadn't started yet.

The "Amano-kun" diary was Yuno 1's diary from the first survival game-no longer linked to her life because the game ended with her as a winner. Then, after killing Yuno 2 the game started again and Yuno was again selected. This time her diary was a Yukki diary. Signifying that she was much closer to Yukki now than the first time through.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 07:44   Link #1822
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

So you're saying that both diaries were Yuno 1's,and that she didn't take Yuno 2's diary? Hmm,now that I think of it,that makes sense. I always thought that Yuno 1 killed Yuno 2 after the game had started and took her diary.
Old 2012-03-29, 09:05   Link #1823
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Because the survival game hadn't started yet.

The "Amano-kun" diary was Yuno 1's diary from the first survival game-no longer linked to her life because the game ended with her as a winner. Then, after killing Yuno 2 the game started again and Yuno was again selected. This time her diary was a Yukki diary. Signifying that she was much closer to Yukki now than the first time through.
This makes very much sense. In fact, why didnt I think of this?
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 18:44   Link #1824
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
But why did he chose Yukki? Was it because Yukki had to witness the divorce of his parents (something that is becoming a common reality for many children these days?), or because he is an outsider in a society in which social isolation is an increasing problem? Or was it because Yukki is Deuses friend and because Deus saw the potential in Yukki from the start and actually wanted Yukki to be his successor?

We dont know why Yukki was chosen and I bet there is some reason for it. What if Yukki travels to the past and changes that one aspect? Would Deus still choose him to participate in the game?
Now, I dont think this is gonna happen. I mean, it is more likely that Yukkis ability to change future and the motivation to save Yuno (in one way or another) will trigger the necessary skill to become the God of time and space.... and well, lets just see what happens.
I think Yuki's issue has always been that he is an outcast and isolationist. He blocks off everyone in the world, anti-social, and is a coward. However, unlike everyone else, he has no motivation to win. His only motivation at first was to survive due to his fear of death.

Now, if the reason turns out to be that he has some supernatural powers, then I think that is a bit of a cop-out. If you are going to show more supernatural powers besides the phones, then you should have shown it earlier and with more consistency than throwing it in the end to justify the story.

Yes, Yuno became a huge factor for Yuki in the end, so changing Yuno's fate would very well change everything. It might even make it so the Mirai Nikki competitions do not exist in the first place. We still don't know why Deus is dying.
Old 2012-03-29, 19:51   Link #1825
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

You also have to remember that Yuki is considered to be a perfect choice for God because he doesn't interfere with people and is basically an outsider. Which is pretty much what God is.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 21:37   Link #1826
ChainLegacy
廉頗

It's ambiguous if this is an exact copy of the other world, with the only differences being ones time-traveling (or perhaps more accurately, dimensional traveling) Yuno made, or if this is a parallel world with other differences. If the latter, then perhaps the Yuno who was killed (I propose a new term for this phenomenon - chronocide lol) would not have been so psycho. But from my original understanding I thought the world was identical, so it doesn't really make much sense for Yukki to be lamenting about the Yuno-2 dying... she would've betrayed him just like Yuno 1 and tried to become god.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 22:33   Link #1827
Soul Strike
Lurker

I don't get the whole surprised Yuki can change the past/future thing. Re-watch the first 40 seconds of ep 1. It's all there from the start including dying Yuno2 calling for help. Also I'm fairly sure I remember seeing the help me written in blood shown in a previous ep just don't know which one.
Soul Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 23:20   Link #1828
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
oh god the sex scene, that folks is how Inori from Guilty Crown was born
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 00:01   Link #1829
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Strike View Post
I don't get the whole surprised Yuki can change the past/future thing. Re-watch the first 40 seconds of ep 1. It's all there from the start including dying Yuno2 calling for help. Also I'm fairly sure I remember seeing the help me written in blood shown in a previous ep just don't know which one.
It's actually there on the wall just as he's pushed into the flashback.. thing. It was kinda in the background behind Murmur, but I'm pretty sure I did see it.. So yeah, it was already there. She honestly was probably hallucinating him or something, and he just happened to have reacted at the same time.
Old 2012-03-30, 04:35   Link #1830
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Nah, her actually having heard Yuki makes sense considering the impossible abilities he's been exhibiting before. Such as surviving despite dead end flags having been set on multiple occasions. Not to mention looking into a room he was never supposed to look into, which caused the future to change drastically. In fact, none of the current events would have happened if Yuki did not look into that room that day.

And yes, the reason Yuno has two diaries is because she received it twice. The second Deus gave it to her without realising that this Yuno was from a different world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Because she went through hell for Yukki. Sheer desperation and determination to save him pushed her into it. She is messed up, but it isnt quite her fault considering the circumstances.
I disagree. I believe that Yuno didn't do it for Yuki, but to be with Yuki. The two things are fundamentally different. And the reason she's trying to kill Yuki now is because she needs to become God again and be with yet another Yuki. So she doesn't care about the person, she only cares about being with Yuki, no matter which one it is.

...On a side note, did Murmur just spawn a band-aid on her forehead?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 07:17   Link #1831
Arya

Surely, from a moral point of view, I can see how our Yuno could be seen as despicable. Not for the many killing per se, but for the way she killed: cold blood, no moral limits, no limits at all. And yes, she is a psycho, better, she is a yandere. Letting aside that this is a great difference in my book, being a yandere instead of a psycho bitch, her status of mind was not her peculiarity from the very beginning. Her parents made her snap before her first encounter with Yuki, in both timelines, and then the meeting with Yuki turned her into a yandere. I don't know if this step happened even in the first time.
So technically it is not her fault if Yuki is a crybaby/coward, even if she seconded Yuki's character. And the settings matter. family issues, Last man standing game and collapsing world.
But obviously I'm biased because I symphatize with Yuno
Spoiler for comparison with S:G and Madoka:

Neither I got the two phones thing. I thought that the second Yuno had already had her phone when our Yuno slashed her.

Speaking of Yuki, surely he is the only one among all the players who wasn't carved by bad experiences along his life, and he is the one whom DeM bet on, firstly for a similarity in their behaviors, secondly probably (surely?) for his "power".
But if it is true that DeM, as I read here, didn't notice that Yuno was not the current Yuno, well that a bit odd. As if DeM didn't chose himself all the players. Surely he didn't go through a jury selection procedure like. And he didn't choose Eleventh, on the contrary he stooped to compromises with a human, not so god-like.
I really don't know what to do with these information, but they are a bit odd. Probably DeM, murmur and Eleventh chose their players.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 12:12   Link #1832
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
But if it is true that DeM, as I read here, didn't notice that Yuno was not the current Yuno, well that a bit odd. As if DeM didn't chose himself all the players. Surely he didn't go through a jury selection procedure like. And he didn't choose Eleventh, on the contrary he stooped to compromises with a human, not so god-like.
I really don't know what to do with these information, but they are a bit odd. Probably DeM, murmur and Eleventh chose their players.
The reason why he was working with Eleventh is that he must have had an 'imaginary friend' type relationship with Deus already prior to the battle. Actually, I had assumed that all contestants had such a relationship with Deus in the 'fake' world prior to the game, and that was the main prerequisite for participation. In Yuki's case, he interpreted them as fake, but the Mayor of Sakagami apparently believed (rightfully) he was receiving messages from a god, and thus discussed and planned with him the upcoming game, thinking it all to be something that would actually happen.
Old 2012-03-30, 12:36   Link #1833
Ashaman

Nah, some of the MurMur segments pretty much shoot the "All Dairy Owners Knew Deus Beforehand" idea out of the water.

As for Yuki's power; I don't think he has any true supernatural power - rather its MurMur doing it for dramatic effect. She pushed him into the hole, she brought him out.

But Yuki's ability to screw with time and space - well, that's been fairly consistant. Multiple Dead End's averted, major shifts in time and space with him as the cause, and a previous connection with Dues?

One instance that immediately comes to mind is the final confrontation against 4th. Yuki literally averted a Dead End by willpower alone. He didn't take any different actions than what was written on his Dairy. The future shouldn't have changed. But it did.

Yuki has always had a talent for mucking about with time and space.
Old 2012-03-30, 14:58   Link #1834
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Which segments are you referring to? In the very least, 11th thought he was seeing visions from a god and that he was a prophet.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:21   Link #1835
Ashaman

The 3rd reacted like it was his first time meeting MurMur; the same with 5th and 6th. I can't remember the others.

No knowledge of MurMur leads me to believe they've never met Dues.
Old 2012-04-01, 12:24   Link #1836
miketyson

Good job on this week's episode too. The pacing is pretty solid and it's looking like the ending will be fine. Also:
Spoiler for surprise!:
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 12:45   Link #1837
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Wait, there was a new episode today? I thought the schedule was that the new episode would be released on Friday.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 19:28   Link #1838
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Wait, there was a new episode today? I thought the schedule was that the new episode would be released on Friday.
I wasn't aware of the schedule issue. It came on a bit before Aquarion (which was broadcast early today), so I watched it. It was definitely episode 24, not episode 23.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 19:31   Link #1839
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
The only changes to the schedule have been adjustments to the airing times for the Sunday showings (except for NicoNico) to match the ones for Hyouka and the addition of BS11 for the final three episodes.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 23:40   Link #1840
alster1985

Question: I just watched episode 24 and there's a scene where Yuno's mother says that Yuno was adopted. So did the bank vault only open because Yuno's eyes were scanned when she was younger or did Yuno have to be a biological daughter of the Gasai's for the vault to open? Basically, did the anime add extra plot or did the manga confirm that Yuno was never a biological daughter?
alster1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere