AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-03-27, 22:44   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Seperating sequences from file

Hi! I've been wondering if it's possible to 'remove' the opening or ending sequence from a normal anime episode and make it into a new MPG or AVI file. If I'm being too vague, please say so. Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 22:58   Link #2
meingts

Yeah it's possible. For that you could do some playing around with VirtualDub(Mod).

VirtualDubMod is at www.sf.net/projects/virtualdubmod/

You can select a range to work on (say, mark the start of your range where the ep actually begins, and the end of your range where the ep ends), and then save all that as a new file. I think the audio carries over automatically too.

Just be sure to set the video to Direct Stream Copy to save time, unless you want to do a complete reencode.

You can also append video clips to other video clips with VirtualDubMod.
meingts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 05:26   Link #3
b4k4

Send a message via AIM to b4k4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meingts
You might want to try the official VirtualDub release (http://www.virtualdub.org) first. AFAIK, VirtualDubMod's primary difference is it's ability to handle OGM. I'd also stay away from VirtualDubMod if you're a beginner; techically, VirtualDubMod is still considered alpha-stage software, and is just about guaranteed to crash while in use. (I've lost my work several times when reencoding files due to a crash.) Of course, if you're feeling adventurous, alpha software can be fun.
Old 2004-03-28, 13:56   Link #4
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Thanks a lot, both of you! I'll get it now, and reply later with problems or a success story!
Old 2004-03-28, 14:14   Link #5
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Okay... I got it to work, but the file comes out HUGE (around 1229 megabytes for about a minute and a half of the video). Is that how it's supposed to be?

Thanks again.
Old 2004-03-28, 14:23   Link #6
nooc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Okay... I got it to work, but the file comes out HUGE (around 1229 megabytes for about a minute and a half of the video). Is that how it's supposed to be?

Thanks again.
You have the video option as "full processing mode" and no compression. Change it to "direct stream copy" or if you're doing changes to the source video, select an appropriate compression codec.

nooc is offline   Reply With Quote