AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-16, 08:37   Link #1
Lord C
Bearer of Heresy

Thumbs up DICE: The Cube that Changes Everything (Manhwa)

Was actually impressed that no one started a thread on this.

Dunno if this link up here will become an actual image (kinda new here)

Anyway...
Author and artist: Yun Hyun Seok.

Quote:
Dongtae is rock bottom in everything.
Looks, grades, life, everything.
But all that might change.

If you could change your life by playing a game, would you?
The story, without putting spoilers, is more like this: Do you know ``The Gamer``? Trade comedy for tragedy.
There is this sort of ``game of life`` going around, and due to it, you can change yourself with the points. Looks, smarts, luck, everything can be changed. However, an interesting concept is of the quests and the G.M. behind them, which adds a faustic theme along with ``a deal with the devil``.
43 chapters translated already. Personally, I think that in order to judge the story, someone has to read until chapter 16, it`s the turning point of the story and even has a BGM.
Old 2014-06-16, 10:07   Link #2
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
So this series finally gets its thread, huh? To be honest I planned to make one for this series, but since not many people pay attention to Manhwa's I sort of just ignored making one. After the way Orange Marmalade ended I sort of got turned off from Manhwa's, but Dice pretty much recaptured my faith in them. I just hope this series gets the attention and general interests it deserves because it warrants it.

I've read the translated chapters for 43, but I've seen the raws and they're at 54 chapters right now. So in terms of where translations go we're 11 chapters behind. All right. I may be weak in Korean, but like I did with Orange Marmalade I'll give my summary on the raws on a weekly basis.

Anyways...

Spoiler for Chapter 43:
Old 2014-08-17, 12:43   Link #3
Lord C
Bearer of Heresy

Hmm, batoto is down with all manhwa and naver`s official translation is slow as hell...
Either way, lonemanga.com translated until 49
dicescans.blogspot.com translated until 51
Old 2014-08-17, 19:05   Link #4
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

I keep forgetting to update this series. It's sad that no one pays attention or cares about it. Anyhoo, I'm here to announce that S1 of this series is over in the Korean raws. So much does happen from chapters 51-62, if what you're saying Lord C in terms of currently translated chapters, we've got 11 more to go to end S1. If you're interested I could do a summary from chapters 51-62. I'm learning a bit of Korean, but I still suck at it, but I think I could manage based off imagery and what I could take in terms of text.

Let me tell you, things get so trippy and it sucks that the author is taking a 4 week break. We won't see a new raw chapter until mid September at best...sadly!
Old 2014-08-17, 20:52   Link #5
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I keep forgetting to update this series. It's sad that no one pays attention or cares about it. Anyhoo, I'm here to announce that S1 of this series is over in the Korean raws. So much does happen from chapters 51-62, if what you're saying Lord C in terms of currently translated chapters, we've got 11 more to go to end S1. If you're interested I could do a summary from chapters 51-62. I'm learning a bit of Korean, but I still suck at it, but I think I could manage based off imagery and what I could take in terms of text.

Let me tell you, things get so trippy and it sucks that the author is taking a 4 week break. We won't see a new raw chapter until mid September at best...sadly!
I'm interested in that summary. I just viewed those raws today, man it gets intense real fast, in a lot of places. Did Dongtae finally give up eunju? The video game analogy was funny, because it's exactly how she's been thought of by a lot of the fandom.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 22:29   Link #6
Lord C
Bearer of Heresy

Quality aside, things got serious in the last chapter translated
Spoiler for Serious sh%t:
Old 2014-08-24, 15:34   Link #7
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I'm interested in that summary. I just viewed those raws today, man it gets intense real fast, in a lot of places. Did Dongtae finally give up eunju? The video game analogy was funny, because it's exactly how she's been thought of by a lot of the fandom.
Sorry for the late reply, anonfr. Been too busy with Tales of Xillia 2 and UNIEL to make a post the summaries I mentioned. Well, either you're still interested or not I'm going to post them now. So let's get started...

Ahem:

Spoiler for A Simple Note:

Phew. It took some doing but I'm glad I was able to get this done. Note: That the notes that I've bolded were summaries I've found by people sharing them. The rest were me using imagery and understanding of the situation. So, anyone following this thread. What do you think? It sucks that we have to wait until mid-September to see the start of S2, but for now all we can do now is wait.

I've done my part. Like I said, hope you all enjoy the summary I put up for you guys!

Last edited by Kirito; 2014-08-24 at 15:48.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 16:11   Link #8
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Sorry for the late reply, anonfr. Been too busy with Tales of Xillia 2 and UNIEL to make a post the summaries I mentioned. Well, either you're still interested or not I'm going to post them now. So let's get started...

Ahem:

Spoiler for A Simple Note:

Phew. It took some doing but I'm glad I was able to get this done. Note: That the notes that I've bolded were summaries I've found by people sharing them. The rest were me using imagery and understanding of the situation. So, anyone following this thread. What do you think? It sucks that we have to wait until mid-September to see the start of S2, but for now all we can do now is wait.

I've done my part. Like I said, hope you all enjoy the summary I put up for you guys!
Thank you so much. That was informative.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dice, manhwa