AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-08-06, 01:51   Link #1
Jze0
Hmmm...

Zennou no Noa - The World of Lostmemories

Mangaka: Ono Youichirou
Gerne: Seinen, Supernatural
Volumes: 3

Quote:
Summary from Simple Scans:

In the year 2038, a white light descended on the center of Tokyo and stole the memories of over one million people. The cause of this horrible incident was not determined, and no cure was to be found. The government formed a separate city beneath Tokyo to house and care for the victims of the incident and branded them as "KIDz." Regardless of their age, they truly are like children, and they must be retaught everything they once knew. Noa Ikurumi, who lives in this isolated society, is just taking one day at a time and dreaming of finally being allowed to go back out into the world. But Noa's life will once again change drastically on the day that he is taken hostage by a terrorist with some surprising information about his identity...
An awesome series with an equally awesome main character. Noa, who is a smart and intellegent charater similar to Lelouch from Code Geass thinks and calculates ahead of time and tries to out maneuver over his "Adult" oppressors. He also in a scene in the beginning ones up his teachers who was trying to be-little and sexually harass one of his classmate friends.

I think the most intriguing part of this story is when a mysterious women, believed to be a terrorist and seems to know Noa tells him he might actually be the culprit behind the whole memory explosion incident (Triple one). Why would you cause a massive disaster and still erase your own memory? Who knows but its got me wanting for more...

Heres a moment I think everyone will like:
Spoiler for All according to plan:
Old 2010-08-06, 01:55   Link #2
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
2 chapters now i hope they catch up to the latest volumes...

his eyes are freaky there
Old 2010-08-06, 10:52   Link #3
Wargumm1i
Hentai

This manga is awesome, I saw Lelouch in picture when I first started reading it. And I do have too admit that the so called Kidz are getting an really unfair treatment and its awesome that Noaīs such a badass guy.

Spoiler for about him:

Also if you think about it, Code geass Britannianīs(cant remember how it spelled) treated Japaneses like White people treated Black people. And people who were not caught up in the flash bomb terrorist attack and did not loose anything in there minds, now treat the people who lost everything in there heads and I mean everything, are being treated like minority.

Spoiler for Thats racist:

Last edited by Wargumm1i; 2010-08-06 at 11:42.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 21:59   Link #4
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
yeah soo code geass alike but no robots and power but who knows?

chapter 4 ended with a cliffhanger girl on top btw! i hope Noa will rescue the children
Old 2010-08-07, 00:52   Link #5
Grey

Those two supporting characters are a bit weak...but maybe that's just in contrast to Noa the super-genius. I'll admit I was impressed that when Noa fought the policeman, the other guy immediately backed him up. Even if he did get nailed by a scabbard moments later.

But still, right now the only significant characters seem to be Noa, the policeman chasing him, and the woman who knows Noa. The rest seem like baggage who are out of their league and will only tag along uselessly or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Spoiler for about him:
Hmm, that last sentence is interesting. I assumed it must have been him, but it could be someone else--someone who tricked him, maybe. That's a simple way to "redeem" him.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 06:57   Link #6
saurers123

The losing of memories through the light really reminded me of Letter Bee and somehow the main character does resemble Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post

Spoiler for about him:

Somehow, I also get that same feeling.
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 21:13   Link #7
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chap 5:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 14:52   Link #8
frubam
singing heartbreak

Spoiler for chap 6:
Old 2010-08-17, 22:03   Link #9
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard

The series has potential from what I've read (chap 1-5), but I can't help ,but find Noa's so-called strategies/plans rather superfluous. The "policeman escape incident" for example came off way too convenient and improbable. How did Noa and his friends have time to switch clothes with the officers and hack what should be an extremely high class system in like 5 minutes? Not to mention his get away felt a bit forced. It feels more like his enemies are more incompetent than him outsmarting them, just like Lelouch and most of his strategies against Britannia. Light is probably the only legitimate genius I've seen done properly thanks in part to his foes having some semblance of common sense and intelligence.

Concept and plot are pretty interesting at the moment and doesn't feel like something that's been done before. The characters have too little to on them for me to say favorites, but so far like Himiko, Noa and the two kids the best (especially since they have kept Noa from turning into a complete brooding sod).

So, yeah looking forward to where it goes.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 22:32   Link #10
Kagekyuubi

Basically it's Code Geass' spiritual successor. What's not to like?
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 02:23   Link #11
Iron21

Spoiler for 11:

Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 21:00   Link #12
frubam
singing heartbreak

Spoiler for chp 13:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Spoiler for 11:
heh, I thought so too, esp with the previous chaps of her sending reports. That was a nice little twist.
Old 2010-12-21, 23:49   Link #13
KrimzonStriker

Can't believe I missed this thread before. Anyway, things have certainly hit the fan, but that's what I like about these kinds of series, ala Death Note and Code Geass. Characters that use their brains to start revolutions ftw!!! Actually, that seems like a common theme as well, these types of protagonists are always causing upheavals, did all these authors read from the same script or something?
Old 2011-03-26, 17:53   Link #14
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Was it prematurely canceled, or did it go just as (the author) planned?

The pacing was so fast it felt confusing... But at the same time, it's not like there's much that was actually missing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 05:23   Link #15
frubam
singing heartbreak

Yeah, the end was certainly facepalm-worthy . Ah well, I guess 'the bad guy' wins this one in the end .