AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-03-28, 01:43   Link #1
vega98767
Matchstick Kid
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Age: 31
Why send Sasuke after Gaara?

Why didn't Kakashi go after Gaara? The only reason i thought up was so he could test naruto, sasuke, and sakura to somewhat see how much better they have gotten. Seems kind of mean though. Thats like my dad sending me into a fight with roy jones jr because he wants to test me. Kakashi knew of how dangerous gaara would be and that no one could come back alive yet he sends them out anyways. I think Gai could have handled all the sand nins on his own but if im wrong please tell me.
__________________
Key Existentialism points:
1) The universe is Chaotic and Arbitrary
2) No rational patterns can be discerned
3) The world and everything in it is absurd.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 01:46   Link #2
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vana'Diel
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega98767
Why didn't Kakashi go after Gaara? The only reason i thought up was so he could test naruto, sasuke, and sakura to somewhat see how much better they have gotten. Seems kind of mean though. Thats like my dad sending me into a fight with roy jones jr because he wants to test me. Kakashi knew of how dangerous gaara would be and that no one could come back alive yet he sends them out anyways. I think Gai could have handled all the sand nins on his own but if im wrong please tell me.
Genma sent Sasuke after Gaara because he was of Chunnin level. And why send any other ninja after gaara if the sand protects him. Sasuke has chidori which makes him the best choice.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 01:48   Link #3
vega98767
Matchstick Kid
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
Genma sent Sasuke after Gaara because he was of Chunnin level. And why send any other ninja after gaara if the sand protects him. Sasuke has chidori which makes him the best choice.
Yeah i forgot genma was the one who sent him but im sure Kakashi knew of this since he was watching. I think Kakashi is the best choice to go after Gaara. Sasuke being the second. And Sakura being dead last. Although waking up everyone was very useful. But then what use does she have after that?
__________________
Key Existentialism points:
1) The universe is Chaotic and Arbitrary
2) No rational patterns can be discerned
3) The world and everything in it is absurd.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 01:50   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega98767
Why didn't Kakashi go after Gaara? The only reason i thought up was so he could test naruto, sasuke, and sakura to somewhat see how much better they have gotten. Seems kind of mean though. Thats like my dad sending me into a fight with roy jones jr because he wants to test me. Kakashi knew of how dangerous gaara would be and that no one could come back alive yet he sends them out anyways. I think Gai could have handled all the sand nins on his own but if im wrong please tell me.
Sasuke was sent by the examiner, not Kakashi. Kakashi sent Naruto, Shikamaru, and Pakkun to stop sasuke from fighting Gaara. Things didn't quite work out that way though.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 01:52   Link #5
vega98767
Matchstick Kid
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Sasuke was sent by the examiner, not Kakashi. Kakashi sent Naruto, Shikamaru, and Pakkun to stop sasuke from fighting Gaara. Things didn't quite work out that way though.
Yeah i realized that Kakashi didn't send out Sasuke but he was watching. ANd he knew where sasuke went. He could have went after and had Gai do all the fighting.
__________________
Key Existentialism points:
1) The universe is Chaotic and Arbitrary
2) No rational patterns can be discerned
3) The world and everything in it is absurd.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 01:52   Link #6
bootleg
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I think its only fit that Sasuke was to fight Gaara because, the two never got to finish their fight. If Kakashi was to fight Gaara, it would seem realistic, but from a writer's standpoint, Sasuke and Gaara fought first and their going to finish it.
bootleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 02:04   Link #7
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bradenton, FL
Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
From my point.. They didnt kno much about Gaara, but ya.. Sasuke was only one awake at that time [Excluded Jounin, Shika n Sakura] but, Reason Kakashi or Gai didnt go, was cuz of Kabuto (my thinking) , He is said to be as Kakashi's lvl... if one of them left, and other got tricked.. no one could save him (not with all those sand nin around n stuff) that was there.. Examiner sent Sasuke.. n Kakashi sent backup , to help Sasuke in the Fight(s).
__________________
Abuhhh.................................
Avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 02:08   Link #8
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
DU DU DU NARUTO!!!!!!!??!?!

anyways, kakashi didnt know exactly how strong garra was, and i dont want to say much cuz of spoiled eggs
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 02:26   Link #9
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a jar
Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
well its logical that the examinor sent sasuke, first off they didn't finish the battle, 2nd sasuke seem like he could match up against gaara, plus sasuke has an upper hand, tenmari just finished match with shika so she would be too weak, pupet dude is the only one to worry about (since gaara is down).

besides, the sand's jounin sent gaara off to regenerate and come back to carry out his "transformation". ovbiously examinor must not let that happen.

those are logical reason to send sasuke.

but... if u look at it another way, sasuke was the only person next to the examinor, and had nothing to do... so he might as well send him. it be too risky to get help from statium (risk of being counter by sand jounin (baki), and risk to losing vaulable chase time (sasuke did take forever to catch them.. even if he left like 5 seconds after them.)
__________________
+ + = KATON "パンダ火の玉"
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 03:20   Link #10
fenikkusu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 810
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
the examiner didnt know about gaara's transformation.. but u from the way the fight looked it seemed to anyone who doesnt know the truth about gaara, that sasuke could take care of gaara with no real problem. also kakashi said to sakura that he couldnt leave the stadium because of the battle going on there.
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 03:42   Link #11
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Looking back at it retrospectively, do you think teh examiner made a bad decision by sending Sasuke after someone as powerful as Gaara? I doubt the examiner could've even took out the true Gaara. Kakashi sending naruto and crew to get Sasuke get just shows how bad the decision was.

In fact, I think Kakashi should pound the examiner later for not thinking it through. lolz.

But just curious, does anyone know what became of the fight between examiner and the sand head ninja? I read all the manga, and it seemed to skimp on it.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 04:15   Link #12
Narutostinger
arash kage no jutsu!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Phoenix, Az
Age: 39
Talking

Maybe since Sasuke is only a Chuunin level the Sand ninjas won't bother with dealing with somebody they detect with such low chakra levels compared to the anbus and other higher ninjas. So he has more of a chance of slipping by without causing attention to his smaller chakra level than say a Jounin.

I'm sure since Kakashi and Sasuke's lil' talk with Gaara while he was training that Kakashi had a chance to evaluate Sasuke's chances against him.

As for Gaara's true form witht the Sand Priest and all. Well, I still think there is a world a difference between a Jounin and some 12 year old ninja with a Demon. I don't believe Naruto or Gaara or any young ninja with a demon or bloodline like Haku has a chance againt a Jounin. I'm not saying it would be over in a split second, but I think the outcome is extremely favoring the Jounin.

I also have faith in the resourcefullness of team 7 whether it be the Genius Sasuke, the amazing tricks of the noisy ninja Naruto, or the concentration of a levelheaded Sakura.

I am current with the manga, so don't worry about trying to tell me what really happens, because I know.

So I don't think Genma made a mistake at all in my opinion. Also, who am I to question a Jounin? hehe

Love this show
Narutostinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 05:41   Link #13
Jaz
omgwtf?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: below sea level
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Jaz
If Kakashi or/and Gai left after Gaara and the examinator would have to handle Baki. Who would have taken care of all the other Sound nin's prancing around in the stadium?
I don't think that Sasuke or Naruto, or anyone of the genins could have handled them. And I've got to agree with some of the people here, they didn't knew that Gaara could transform and become even stronger.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 09:22   Link #14
Sethi
StormRider
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portugal
1 - Nobody knew how strong Gaara was, so the examiner given the direction the battle between them was taking, he tought Sasuke would be able to handle Gaara, Kakashi sent Naruto, Shika and Sakura after Sasuke because he sensed something wrong when he saw the hand and sensed the chakra of Shukaku.

2 - The entire village was under attack, the stadium full of enemy nins killing everyone, and Kakashi one of the elite Jounin would leave to pursue a Genin? i don't think so, he made Naruto, Shika and Sakura go after Sasuke because he was positive they could reach Sasuke and either stop him from fighting or either help him to fight.
__________________
-------- Child's Of The Street Ride With Death Wish ---------

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 10:27   Link #15
JecKeL
Captain JecKeL
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to JecKeL
You guys keep repeating yourselves
JecKeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 10:27   Link #16
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
1 - Nobody knew how strong Gaara was, so the examiner given the direction the battle between them was taking, he tought Sasuke would be able to handle Gaara, Kakashi sent Naruto, Shika and Sakura after Sasuke because he sensed something wrong when he saw the hand and sensed the chakra of Shukaku.
That's kind of why i said retrospectively.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 13:19   Link #17
Unidentified
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutostinger
Maybe since Sasuke is only a Chuunin level the Sand ninjas won't bother with dealing with somebody they detect with such low chakra levels compared to the anbus and other higher ninjas. So he has more of a chance of slipping by without causing attention to his smaller chakra level than say a Jounin.

I'm sure since Kakashi and Sasuke's lil' talk with Gaara while he was training that Kakashi had a chance to evaluate Sasuke's chances against him.

As for Gaara's true form witht the Sand Priest and all. Well, I still think there is a world a difference between a Jounin and some 12 year old ninja with a Demon. I don't believe Naruto or Gaara or any young ninja with a demon or bloodline like Haku has a chance againt a Jounin. I'm not saying it would be over in a split second, but I think the outcome is extremely favoring the Jounin.

I also have faith in the resourcefullness of team 7 whether it be the Genius Sasuke, the amazing tricks of the noisy ninja Naruto, or the concentration of a levelheaded Sakura.

I am current with the manga, so don't worry about trying to tell me what really happens, because I know.

So I don't think Genma made a mistake at all in my opinion. Also, who am I to question a Jounin? hehe

Love this show
You are wrong about Kakashi and Gai beating him.
Spoiler:
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 00:44   Link #18
fenikkusu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 810
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96
That's kind of why i said retrospectively.

EPYON
to me .. and to him i think it sounded like u where saying the examiner knew how powerful gaara was... i think sasuke was a good person to send from the way the fight was looking .. gaara was really injured and like i said, and i know i'm repeating myself but... from the look of the fight , sasuke should have really no problem taking out gaara

also for unidentified...
Spoiler:
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 01:26   Link #19
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vana'Diel
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
This is getting kinda old..
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 06:40   Link #20
Narutostinger
arash kage no jutsu!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Phoenix, Az
Age: 39
[QUOTE=Unidentified]You are wrong about Kakashi and Gai beating him.

What I said was just an opinion and another opinion is I think you still haven't proved your statement.

My opinion was based on how Kakashi was stopped because he was obviously gonna stop Haku coupled with how fast Gai stopped Gaara. I'm sure in the examine Gaara knew of the demon in himself. Instead of Gaara telling Gai he's gonna kill him he wussed out and started crying about why would Gai help Lee. Anybody else gets in his way and he tells them he's gonna kill them. He didn't dare threaten Gai. This is just my opinion, and I'm totally assuming things as you are from what we saw so far. Boldly saying I'm wrong is kinda mean. :/ There is no true way yet to prove the level of Summons or even between Chuunin or Jounins with what we've seen. Hell, I'll pit Kakashi's dogs or Gai's turtle against Naruto's Kyuubi or Gaaras Sand Priest anyday. Since it hasn't been exactly explained I'll believe the summon's strength and use depends on the summoner. That is until it's explained otherwise in the manga/anime.
Narutostinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.