AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-30, 10:30   Link #30041
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Darth SpiderDen@ And i agree with this.( i mean the children part). But from life 0 and life 1 not matter anymore. About the statue i don't think he care about that . I mean he probally just happy to be back to Rias and the other.
Yeah, of course, that suits much more Ise than any other thing.
But still, how awesome would it be to enter the capital city of the Underworld, Lilith, and at the entrance you see a BB armor without the helmet and with Ise's face showing, with the words below it: Hyoudou Ise, Sekiryutei, Oppai Dragon, Hero of the Underworld
I would love to see it and Ise's reaction to it.
Old 2012-04-30, 10:34   Link #30042
Soji

Darth SpiderDen@ He would probally be suprise and think /say that he don't deserve something like this. We know how he is.
Old 2012-04-30, 10:35   Link #30043
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Darth SpiderDen@ He would probally be suprise and think /say that he don't deserve something like this. We know how he is.
Yeah, but right now I think that the notion he's someone big and powerfull walking around would start to sink in more than the regular reaction of not being worthy.
What he would think would be more along the lines that he couldn't let everyone down now and that he still had a lot to grow if he ever wanted to reach Vali.
Old 2012-04-30, 10:36   Link #30044
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
It seems the gremory are kind and...slow in love? Or at least father and daughter
Well, we dont know about Sirzerch though, but in the SS in vol 8, Grayfia does sound a bit "aggressive" in this kind of things. Somehow I feel that Lord Gremory was a "victim"??? LOL
Old 2012-04-30, 10:37   Link #30045
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Well, we dont know about Sirzerch though, but in the SS in vol 8, Grayfia does sound a bit "aggressive" in this kind of things. Somehow I feel that Lord Gremory was a "victim"??? LOL
Just the way she pinchs him in the cheeks shows how agressive she his
And I like it that way.
Old 2012-04-30, 10:38   Link #30046
ryan55

Sorry to interrupt but did the thing about the statue seriously happen or is this just a joke?
Old 2012-04-30, 10:40   Link #30047
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
Yeah, but right now I think that the notion he's someone big and powerfull walking around would start to sink in more than the regular reaction of not being worthy.
What he would think would be more along the lines that he couldn't let everyone down now and that he still had a lot to grow if he ever wanted to reach Vali.
Now that you mention it....you're right. We see in this vol how much he seem to want to not let down the children or /and Rias. (Rias cousin battle) and in this vol we see that even with the ep he still support his friend.So,yeah you probally right about this one.

ryan55 @ It's just something that people think that can happen after the event of vol 12. He do defeat monster that even the emperon can't(ok he had gr help on this one...still he was the one in controll).
Old 2012-04-30, 10:44   Link #30048
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Actually no, Venerana's point was that she snapped him up as quickly as possible and has had him under her control ever since.

Which is why she advised Rias to strike first and take decisive action... And that's why Rias went for the sauna seduction. If successful, it establishes a superior position above all the competitors.
Oh? I was a bit confused.. when I read the summary translation, I thought Rias' mum said that Rias had to manage the "sequential order" like she did with her father when she said: "It was I, who was in control of it in the case with your father. "

IE. "You go hurry and do harem management, like I did with your father."

I was wondering whether she secretly got rid of them afterwards >_<
Old 2012-04-30, 10:54   Link #30049
churchblue
Banned

Any word on the next summary? (I hate to ask.)
Old 2012-04-30, 10:59   Link #30050
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
Any word on the next summary? (I hate to ask.)
Then not ask. And just wait like a good boy like everyone else. n0m@n will do the summary when he can /have time and want to do the summary.

willx@ I think she say to her that way(and even point out) that she (rias )need to do this because Ise already say it's dream to have a harem. And because of that Rias can't be the only one she have to aim to the second better thing,wich mean being the number one in his heart or harem queen. Or at least this is what i remember.
Old 2012-04-30, 11:03   Link #30051
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Oh? I was a bit confused.. when I read the summary translation, I thought Rias' mum said that Rias had to manage the "sequential order" like she did with her father when she said: "It was I, who was in control of it in the case with your father. "

IE. "You go hurry and do harem management, like I did with your father."

I was wondering whether she secretly got rid of them afterwards >_<
Yeah, probably best that question not be asked.

As for Issei's surname...

WHEN Issei and Rias marry, (Rias should be his first and legal wife) I see Issei's family name becoming Gremory for 3 reasons.

1.) Rias is Issei's "Sempai." She's one year ahead of him in school. The newer schoolmate takes the older schoolmate's name. Example: Gendo Ikari of Evangelion. He married Yui Ikari and took her name because she was 2 years ahead of him in college.

2.) Rias is Issei's "King." This will not change, even if he becomes independent. Since she is his "master," he will naturally take her name when they marry because he is of lower social status. Example: "Onegai (Please) Teacher" when the MC of the romance comedy marries the alien, he takes her name because she's his teacher.

3.) The Gremory family has higher status than the Hyoudou family. While the fact that being "Duke" in the Underworld might not matter, the fact that the Gremory clan is so independently wealthy that they can buy out the Hyoudou's neighbors and build a 6 story mansion with 3 basement levels while Issei's parents are (at best) at the high end of "middle class" really drives the point home.

From my limited understanding, Japan's "proper" society is very strict about these points. Should Rias and Issei get a Kyoto wedding (as Rias wants) then Issei WILL become "Gremory."
Old 2012-04-30, 11:44   Link #30052
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
Yeah, probably best that question not be asked.

As for Issei's surname...

WHEN Issei and Rias marry, (Rias should be his first and legal wife) I see Issei's family name becoming Gremory for 3 reasons.

1.) Rias is Issei's "Sempai." She's one year ahead of him in school. The newer schoolmate takes the older schoolmate's name. Example: Gendo Ikari of Evangelion. He married Yui Ikari and took her name because she was 2 years ahead of him in college.

2.) Rias is Issei's "King." This will not change, even if he becomes independent. Since she is his "master," he will naturally take her name when they marry because he is of lower social status. Example: "Onegai (Please) Teacher" when the MC of the romance comedy marries the alien, he takes her name because she's his teacher.

3.) The Gremory family has higher status than the Hyoudou family. While the fact that being "Duke" in the Underworld might not matter, the fact that the Gremory clan is so independently wealthy that they can buy out the Hyoudou's neighbors and build a 6 story mansion with 3 basement levels while Issei's parents are (at best) at the high end of "middle class" really drives the point home.

From my limited understanding, Japan's "proper" society is very strict about these points. Should Rias and Issei get a Kyoto wedding (as Rias wants) then Issei WILL become "Gremory."
About point No.2...when Ise becomes independent i think this point can be omitted because independence means that Ise rise in status to a High Class devil which is the same as Rias'. So they would be equal in social status
Old 2012-04-30, 11:50   Link #30053
Soji

NoirX@ Yeah(i think) but he would still her pawn. And need to fight for her,no that Ise mind this.
Old 2012-04-30, 11:54   Link #30054
Awrya
U mad?

The way I see it Ise and Rias may have two surnames, one for the underworld and one for the human world.

In the underworld, Ise will be usually known as Ise Gremory, adopted into the Gremory family and husband of the next head Rias Gremory (the Oppai Dragon show is a huge foreshadowing). The whole point with Raiser was to continue the Gremory line, so it's unlikely Ise will keep "Hyodou". Even Rias's mother was from the Baal family, so status wise Great King > Duke, and she is known as Madam Gremory.

In the human world they will be Hyodou, because they do not need to keep up appearances. Rias does wish to to be known as "Rias" and not "Gremory" all the time, so while they live in the human world she can be "normal".

Speaking about surnames, was Zenovia's ever mentioned?

Last edited by Awrya; 2012-04-30 at 11:56. Reason: added some stuff
Old 2012-04-30, 11:57   Link #30055
iK@r0s

I been wondering about xenobia's surname too....but it seems that she hasn't have and i don't know why....
Old 2012-04-30, 12:00   Link #30056
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The way I see it Ise and Rias may have two surnames, one for the underworld and one for the human world.

In the underworld, Ise will be usually known as Ise Gremory, adopted into the Gremory family and husband of the next head Rias Gremory (the Oppai Dragon show is a huge foreshadowing). The whole point with Raiser was to continue the Gremory line, so it's unlikely Ise will keep "Hyodou". Even Rias's mother was from the Baal family, so status wise Great King > Duke, and she is known as Madam Gremory.

In the human world they will be Hyodou, because they do not need to keep up appearances. Rias does wish to to be known as "Rias" and not "Gremory" all the time, so while they live in the human world she can be "normal".

Speaking about surnames, was Zenovia's ever mentioned?
That seems to work out just fine and it isn't the first time it happened in the LN (with Sirzechs being known as Lucifer during work hours and Gremory when on vacation), so it could work out for Ise's case just as well.
And another brown-haired Gremory appears
Old 2012-04-30, 12:00   Link #30057
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

*Scratching my head*, why are we still discussing about what would be Ise's surname be after marriage? In any case, if Rias does follow Japan's tradition than it is Ise's choice. Oh Awrya, not yet we haven't had the back story of Zenovia. That is the missing link in the equation for Zenovia to enter the main harem. (Equation to join the main harem, Charm the female + Female back story discovered + Back Story Problem discovered + Back Story problem solved by Ise + Female Confess and kisses Ise = Main harem). We do know Zenovia is from Italy and it is a country with great history and myths. Trying to figure what Mythology it will involve is tricky, there are more than 5 Civilizations that settled there and their religions as well.
Old 2012-04-30, 12:03   Link #30058
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
*Scratching my head*, why are we still discussing about what would be Ise's surname be after marriage? In any case, if Rias does follow Japan's tradition than it is Ise's choice. Oh Awrya, not yet we haven't had the back story of Zenovia. That is the missing link in the equation for Zenovia to enter the main harem. (Equation to join the main harem, Charm the female + Female back story discovered + Back Story Problem discovered + Back Story problem solved by Ise + Female Confess and kisses Ise = Main harem). We do know Zenovia is from Italy and it is a country with great history and myths. Trying to figure what Mythology it will involve is tricky, there are more than 5 Civilizations that settled there and their religions as well.
I would probably choose the Roman mythological system (since Zeus and Odin already appeared, we need Jupiter on this as well), since it's the most well-known and also as a ton of myths, gods and heroes that could play a part in the story (the author could very well put a descendant of Eneias or even Hector from Troy in that story just as well)
Old 2012-04-30, 12:04   Link #30059
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@Reaper Koneko broke that sequence kinda, she didn't kiss Ise yet, only confessed.
Old 2012-04-30, 12:07   Link #30060
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well it was 3 out 4 so it is still a valid equation, she may do it later on. In this thread I notice there are many people in here with many fetishes. If given the choice which sister (If you were Ise) would you pick, Koneko or Kuroka? I prefer Kuroka only because she is similar in looks to the women who is sleeping soundly on my bed minus the cat ears and tail.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural