AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-14, 08:13   Link #1801
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
where can i find volume 4-10 n english ?
there aren't.
usually people that read downloa using torrent for raw and then translate it by them self.
i do same thing but only using atlas so the result is suck.
Old 2012-01-14, 08:37   Link #1802
kenjtr

well waiting iis an art too i read volume 2 in one go and it was pretty good , i wonder if anyone noticed but isseis weapons power has a connection with the guy who found chess .

Have you ever wondered who invented chess?

When I was about 12 years old my uncle once told me a story about how Chess was invented.

Hundreds and hundreds of years ago there was a King in India who loved to play games. But he had gotten bored of the games that were present at the time and wanted a new game that was much more challenging. He commissioned a poor mathematician who lived in his kingdom to come up with a new game. After months of struggling with all kinds of ideas the mathematician came up with the game of Chaturanga. The game had two armies each lead by a King who commanded the army to defeat the other by capturing the enemy King. It was played on a simple 8x8 square board. The King loved this game so much that he offered to give the poor mathematician anything he wished for. "I would like one grain of rice for the first square of the board, two grains for the second, four grains for the third and so on doubled for each of the 64 squares of the game board" said the mathematician. "Is that all?" asked the King, "Why don't you ask for gold or silver coins instead of rice grains". "The rice should be sufficient for me." replied the mathematician. The King ordered his staff to lay down the grains of rice and soon learned that all the wealth in his kingdom would not be enough to buy the amount of rice needed on the 64th square. In fact the whole kingdoms supply of rice was exhausted before the 30th square was reached. "You have provided me with such a great game and yet I cannot fulfill your simple wish. You are indeed a genius." said the King and offered to make the mathematician his top most advisor instead.

After hearing that story I was obsessed with wanting to know exactly how many grains of rice would be needed on the 64th square and how much total rice would be needed for all 64 squares. Personal computers were not available then (this is around 1978) and so I set out to find the answer using my dads' TI calculator. I think the calculator had about ten digits on it; and that was considered top of the line then. Within a minute or two of starting the calculator hit its limit. But I really wanted to know the answer, so I kept going and did the calculations by hand. After spending most of my Sunday morning doing arithmetic I finally had the answers:

9,223,372,036,854,775,808 on the 64th square and
18,446,744,073,709,551,615 total for the whole board

That's about 18 billion billion. So if a bag of rice contained a billion grains, you would need 18 billion such bags. But actually a real bag of rice weighing 100 pounds has less than 3 million grains.

This story about the King is most likely not true. But it is true that there was an ancient Indian game called Chaturanga and it is believed that modern Chess evolved from it. However some scholars argue that China is the true birthplace of Chess. So we may never know the real answer.

intresting isnt it
Old 2012-01-14, 08:44   Link #1803
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
well waiting iis an art too i read volume 2 in one go and it was pretty good , i wonder if anyone noticed but isseis weapons power has a connection with the guy who found chess .

Have you ever wondered who invented chess?

When I was about 12 years old my uncle once told me a story about how Chess was invented.

Hundreds and hundreds of years ago there was a King in India who loved to play games. But he had gotten bored of the games that were present at the time and wanted a new game that was much more challenging. He commissioned a poor mathematician who lived in his kingdom to come up with a new game. After months of struggling with all kinds of ideas the mathematician came up with the game of Chaturanga. The game had two armies each lead by a King who commanded the army to defeat the other by capturing the enemy King. It was played on a simple 8x8 square board. The King loved this game so much that he offered to give the poor mathematician anything he wished for. "I would like one grain of rice for the first square of the board, two grains for the second, four grains for the third and so on doubled for each of the 64 squares of the game board" said the mathematician. "Is that all?" asked the King, "Why don't you ask for gold or silver coins instead of rice grains". "The rice should be sufficient for me." replied the mathematician. The King ordered his staff to lay down the grains of rice and soon learned that all the wealth in his kingdom would not be enough to buy the amount of rice needed on the 64th square. In fact the whole kingdoms supply of rice was exhausted before the 30th square was reached. "You have provided me with such a great game and yet I cannot fulfill your simple wish. You are indeed a genius." said the King and offered to make the mathematician his top most advisor instead.

After hearing that story I was obsessed with wanting to know exactly how many grains of rice would be needed on the 64th square and how much total rice would be needed for all 64 squares. Personal computers were not available then (this is around 1978) and so I set out to find the answer using my dads' TI calculator. I think the calculator had about ten digits on it; and that was considered top of the line then. Within a minute or two of starting the calculator hit its limit. But I really wanted to know the answer, so I kept going and did the calculations by hand. After spending most of my Sunday morning doing arithmetic I finally had the answers:

9,223,372,036,854,775,808 on the 64th square and
18,446,744,073,709,551,615 total for the whole board

That's about 18 billion billion. So if a bag of rice contained a billion grains, you would need 18 billion such bags. But actually a real bag of rice weighing 100 pounds has less than 3 million grains.

This story about the King is most likely not true. But it is true that there was an ancient Indian game called Chaturanga and it is believed that modern Chess evolved from it. However some scholars argue that China is the true birthplace of Chess. So we may never know the real answer.

intresting isnt it
Ohhhhhh~......Your point?
Old 2012-01-14, 08:53   Link #1804
kenjtr

I would like one grain of rice for the first square of the board, two grains for the second, four grains for the third and so on doubled for each of the 64 squares of the game board , thats how isseis power works doubles everytime .
Old 2012-01-14, 08:56   Link #1805
DeliriousEagle

That is pretty intresting.
Old 2012-01-14, 09:11   Link #1806
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Very interesting, but the one who created the Evil Pieces is Beelzebulb, one of the 4 demon lord.
Old 2012-01-14, 10:51   Link #1807
churchblue
Banned

can somebody clarify about the michael-ascalon thing. I hate to dig through so many pages.

So basically Michael gave Issei Ascalon. I don't know around it. Which Vol does he meet Michael and get Ascalon? I find it strange that Michael didn't beat up Issei.
Old 2012-01-14, 11:00   Link #1808
passin'gass
Cropduster

I'm really enjoying the translated portions of the LN, as well as the volume summaries being discussed here and i really have to give kudos to the author for being able to neatly avoid addressing the more serious and hideous aspects of the LN-verse.

@n0m@n
Keep up the good work!
Old 2012-01-14, 12:49   Link #1809
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
can somebody clarify about the michael-ascalon thing. I hate to dig through so many pages.

So basically Michael gave Issei Ascalon. I don't know around it. Which Vol does he meet Michael and get Ascalon? I find it strange that Michael didn't beat up Issei.
in vol 4
well 3 power want to make peace pact why ise must get beaten?
i suggest you you should read from first page it's already give many information to question that maybe you will ask.
Old 2012-01-14, 13:29   Link #1810
DeliriousEagle

realm

We have travelled far from the days of the "first post" I still think its a myth that one such thing existed.But it must be true oh how else how we advanced so far in this wonderful era.
(truth be told im not thinking straight right now atm so sorry if this seems abit wtf)
Old 2012-01-14, 13:44   Link #1811
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliriousEagle View Post
We have travelled far from the days of the "first post" I still think its a myth that one such thing existed.But it must be true oh how else how we advanced so far in this wonderful era.
(truth be told im not thinking straight right now atm so sorry if this seems abit wtf)
exactly. wtf?

@fazri
thanks fazri for a moment i thought in answer that guy but i would just stress myself with this kind of thing (personal problens involved and all)

@n0m@n
well i dont hate irina and zenovia since we already know what will become of them huhuhu if you understand what i mean huhuhuhu
Old 2012-01-14, 14:06   Link #1812
fazri
blacksun king

anyone do you know what happen with sairog after his lost on rating game?
Old 2012-01-14, 14:25   Link #1813
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
@n0m@n
well i dont hate irina and zenovia since we already know what will become of them huhuhu if you understand what i mean huhuhuhu

Heh... that's what they get when they give a bad first impression to the Harem King... they will not just want Ise's affection but to have his child as well...

All Hail the Harem King!!!
Old 2012-01-14, 14:35   Link #1814
yuiichi9

Issei use his geass on the girls lol.
Issei: everyone pledge your loyalty to me
Girls: Yes, Your Majesty!!!
Old 2012-01-14, 14:45   Link #1815
Mcloving

In the next rating games, what exactly is happening? It's been said he'll get promoted but to which class? It's been said in the past posts that he's going to get promoted to top class if he wins but i thought he has to go to middle class firsts or does it say you can jump ( i know he can beat many top class already)
Old 2012-01-14, 14:52   Link #1816
aka113

With his latest power power up wouldn't he rival or be stronger than most of the ultimate class.
Old 2012-01-14, 15:02   Link #1817
Mcloving

ye his power level is already in the ultimate range but was wondering if he past his test would he be promoted all the way to ultimate or middle class.
Old 2012-01-14, 15:05   Link #1818
Valky
Nightwalker

You know, n0m@n already answered that in the prevous pages. Happy searching.
Old 2012-01-14, 15:23   Link #1819
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Just a little doubt. Why didn't Opheus fight against the leaders of 3 factions directly if she's supposed to be so strong? Why did she just sit down and see her minions getting beaten throughout the LNs?
Old 2012-01-14, 16:04   Link #1820
aka113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
You know, n0m@n already answered that in the prevous pages. Happy searching.
n0m@n didn't explicitly say it, it was said that in emergency circumstances he rivaled maou class beings, but not for non emergency times.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural