AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-04, 00:25   Link #1
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
[Anime] Episode 5: Dash! Auto-Mail

I really liked this episode.

The flame alchemist is awsome.
Old 2003-11-04, 00:33   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah Ep 5 is *almost* from the manga... Except that in the manga the story takes place in the present (as in the time of the first ep) instead of when Ed+Al first started off... I like the changes though so it's a better episode than the last one I think.
Old 2003-11-04, 01:23   Link #3
Rebochan
Clubbing

I had a hard time telling the first time I watched it whether or not Roy used the glove the same either. Yep, he still flicks it. Though he seems a lot more...scary...in the anime. The anime seems to like upping the drama/creepy quotient a lot.

Toriyamaworld finally released Ch.5 of the manga. Now THAT I can't wait to see animated (and no, I'm not spoiling it either!).
Old 2003-11-04, 01:27   Link #4
indicatoto101

I haven't read the manga but so far, I love this show. One setback to this show has to be the length, 52 episodes. I just hope the same thing doesen't happen to this show like what happened to Getbackers; started great and plumeted as the story headed forward. Cross fingers.
Old 2003-11-04, 01:38   Link #5
Rebochan
Clubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicatoto101
I haven't read the manga but so far, I love this show. One setback to this show has to be the length, 52 episodes. I just hope the same thing doesen't happen to this show like what happened to Getbackers; started great and plumeted as the story headed forward. Cross fingers.
As far as I know, Fullmetal Alchemist is still running as a manga, and is up to Vol. 5. Feel free to correct me if my knowledge is short though.

Oh, and I reccomend the manga. It's a bit more lighthearted, but otherwise fairly similar to the anime, with the exception of that huge plot change at the end of Episode 2. If you read it, you'll know what I mean.
Old 2003-11-04, 05:49   Link #6
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
this is a very interesting anime ive been following the manga i just hope that it doesnt turn out like getbackers or kenshin
Old 2003-11-04, 06:29   Link #7
mi-chan
airmasters timer

Send a message via AIM to mi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to mi-chan
i have to agree even though i want to know what happens later in time i like how they went back to explain a lot of the things that had me wondering.
Old 2003-11-04, 06:39   Link #8
Starfall
Overmind

Send a message via MSN to Starfall
Yeah, I think juping through time was a great idea. The beginning was made more mysterious and made you want to figure out and see the rest.
Old 2003-11-04, 06:48   Link #9
[Titan]
Tenshi

Again, a great episode, this is one of the best new series IMO (After Kimi ga Nozumo Eien of course )
Old 2003-11-04, 07:05   Link #10
beanieboy007

is the manga licenced, if not... where could scans/ translations be found?

I really like Alchemist. It was awesome to find out that it came from the same group as Scrapped Princess & RahXephon -2 other series that I very much enjoyed.
Old 2003-11-04, 07:51   Link #11
Nins

Send a message via ICQ to Nins
I dont know the 1st time i watched ep 1 I thought it reminded me of Scrapped Princess for some reason... well it is good to know that it is from the same group... This episode was very entertaining and hopefully they fastforward abit with the exam and maybe further training so that the story gets back to their present situation
Old 2003-11-04, 08:06   Link #12
blindrim
Inactive Member

small parts of the manga can be found at www.toriyamaworld.com but it's only on cha 4
Old 2003-11-04, 08:33   Link #13
Kireiko
Kawaii, ne? ^__^*

actually, you can find the scans over at ToriyamaWorld.com, they indeed just put out chtr. 5

and Rebochan-san the anime is slotted for a 52 episode release schedule, does that mean there will be a lot of fillerage, i wonder?

anyways, i love this show! al and ed are too funny! i like how they don't follow the manga but i somehow also dislike how they don't follow the manga! which usually spells out a recipe for disaster but hopefully the show will keep going strond and stay strong

*crosses fingers like indicatoto101-san* ^__^*

Arigatou Flash Squirrel-san for the sig 'to ava!
i wonder if the ANBU are as deadly as they are hot? ne? ^__^*
Old 2003-11-04, 12:33   Link #14
NenMaster

i like this anime, but i dont understand how a metal arm and shatter another metal arm
Old 2003-11-04, 12:36   Link #15
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
i like this anime, but i dont understand how a metal arm and shatter another metal arm
Well, harder metal and more force behind it, I suppose. A steel arm could easily shatter a sodium arm, to use an extreme example.
Old 2003-11-04, 14:39   Link #16
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
Just think cast iron vs steel. Also the other wasnt an alchimist, so his arm was normal.

Fullmetal Alchimist already showed him altering the arm without much flash or so (into a sword like thing), so its entirely possible that he reinforced it with alchemy while getting really angry at the end of the confrontation.

A difference from the manga that is really notable is that the millitary is shown much "darker".
Sure, they seem nice guys, but they the stunt with their generals life was not nice, the whole setting was set up to escalate.
Also, the flame strike at the end was shown much more realitic, hence frightening, than the manga.
Such a weapon would usually be more likely in a foes hands.
Alchimists must be terrible weapons in the war....
Old 2003-11-04, 15:03   Link #17
NenMaster

u think he has that much skill without taking the alchemist test. maybe your right
Old 2003-11-04, 16:53   Link #18
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
fire is a powerful element, but his power seems nothing next to true pyromancy.
Old 2003-11-04, 17:23   Link #19
Segahekui
t3h n1nj4 1337

Send a message via AIM to Segahekui
ranko: did u mean me anyways yeah i liked his pyrotechnics i hope he pulls out some awesome moves later on. fire guys are always my fav in anim and stuff. also that was kool how he madr the cannon.. i iwsh i could do that
Old 2003-11-04, 21:05   Link #20
NenMaster

haha, i wish i could do it as well