AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 7 13.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 37.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 17.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 13.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-08, 13:29   Link #21
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Riko[nor anything/anyone else] never mentioned having a bomb on the plane , she taunted them out instead of using a threat because she knew what their goal was, I mean Riko maybe crazy, but she isn't stupid . Hence wouldn't put a bomb on a plane since it leaves her with no way out.

Riko just probably didn't even really hijack the flight since her disguise would allow to use the speaker without doing that, meaning the captain is still probably piloting it and she never actually told the captain to stop the flight like Kinji asked, thus it was a lie about being unable to stop it.
- We had 3 incidents in the past and all of them have some things blew up. So this time the culprit is bored with explosive and will use other stuffs? and if he can make a wireless controlled devices to ride a car surely he would not forget to bring a chute.

- Yeah, when i said "use your brain" it was mean to the main char. It is so obvious that the flight attendant is lying.

Quote:
You're right. The trained army personnel should hide behind the bar while the deranged psychopath respects weapon and safety rules.
It is a 2v1 close range combat, not some kind of texas cowboy duel. In additional, they got a knife and 2 katanas.

Quote:
Butei Law article 9: Regardless of the situation, a Butei cannot kill. Otherwise, Armed Prosecutors will start dropping from the sky and kick your ass.
This is new to me. So for what purpose did the main char put his knife blade on the hostile throat while his parter already locked the hostile hands? Threatening for permanently disable the hostile while still regard the butei law article 9?
If he want to follow that article then as a trained personnel, he/they should already pinned the hostile down or knock her out rather than talking about unnecessary things. When FBI bang your door the first thing they do in tackle you down, not showing you a warrant.
Old 2011-05-08, 13:37   Link #22
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I guess.

You should work for the police, your lie detection skills appear to be flawless <3

Guns > Katanas.

She hadn't locked the offender's hands, rather, at 0-distance, it's slightly hard to fire at the person clinching you. Of course, how would you suggest he subdue her there and then, body slam the two of them? Get Riko in a choke?
Old 2011-05-08, 14:20   Link #23
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
- We had 3 incidents in the past and all of them have some things blew up. So this time the culprit is bored with explosive and will use other stuffs? and if he can make a wireless controlled devices to ride a car surely he would not forget to bring a chute.

- Yeah, when i said "use your brain" it was mean to the main char. It is so obvious that the flight attendant is lying.

It is a 2v1 close range combat, not some kind of texas cowboy duel. In additional, they got a knife and 2 katanas.

This is new to me. So for what purpose did the main char put his knife blade on the hostile throat while his parter already locked the hostile hands? Threatening for permanently disable the hostile while still regard the butei law article 9?
If he want to follow that article then as a trained personnel, he/they should already pinned the hostile down or knock her out rather than talking about unnecessary things. When FBI bang your door the first thing they do in tackle you down, not showing you a warrant.
So according to you the best option to do when facing someone with a gun is to rush them with your blade....
Old 2011-05-08, 14:21   Link #24
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
I guess.

You should work for the police, your lie detection skills appear to be flawless <3

Guns > Katanas.

She hadn't locked the offender's hands, rather, at 0-distance, it's slightly hard to fire at the person clinching you. Of course, how would you suggest he subdue her there and then, body slam the two of them? Get Riko in a choke?
It is like chanting Quran when you are about to meet obama. No need for rocket science for that.

from an assault class butei, i would expect a blow to the chin or the ear, temporary stun the hostile and make it easier to tackle her down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So according to you the best option to do when facing someone with a gun is to rush them with your blade....
if you are 1m away and wearing a bullet proof vest and holding a pistol and melee weapon then yes.
Old 2011-05-08, 14:30   Link #25
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I'm sorry, not everybody can memorize the Quran that quickly. Don't look down on us non-geniuses : (

And actually, Kinji's pretty useless in his non HSS. He has some training, but he's still pretty useless. Shiranui probably outclasses him heavily.

I suppose that that's what you'd do in a plane then. If you had a pistol and a sword and were wearing a bulletproof vest, you would disregard personal safety and rush to them with a sword without bothering to use your pistol ^^

And someone enlighten me as to why using a pistol in a plane is a bad idea. Differing air pressures? That's been disproven. Unless you're afraid that the bullet is going to make its way through metal walls to reach the engine/fuel tank.
Old 2011-05-08, 15:13   Link #26
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
I suppose that that's what you'd do in a plane then. If you had a pistol and a sword and were wearing a bulletproof vest, you would disregard personal safety and rush to them with a sword without bothering to use your pistol ^^

And someone enlighten me as to why using a pistol in a plane is a bad idea. Differing air pressures? That's been disproven. Unless you're afraid that the bullet is going to make its way through metal walls to reach the engine/fuel tank.
for a close quarters combat fight between 2 trained personnels vs a hostile who have history of blowing up things, a knife and quick actions have more advantages than a 10m range gunfight.

bullets spamming in a commercial plane is bad idea because like you said, bullets can hit the fuel tank causing explosion. Also it can make some holes in the wall or glass windows which dont really bring the plane down but if it is flying at low attitude, but the low oxygen level will make the fight hilarious.
Old 2011-05-08, 16:21   Link #27
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Pistols are most effective up to 8m. Which means they're meant for fights in close quarters.

And, low oxygen level...Hooray for instant diffusion through 9mm holes.
Old 2011-05-08, 16:29   Link #28
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
She used bombs when was efficient for goal while being on an airplane it doesn't help her goal at all, so it wouldn't make sense to assume she's using a bomb, since her goal is specifically to defeat Aria and her partner, Kinji, in combat herself in order to prove herself better than her grandfather so she can be recognized as "Riko" rather than "the 4th". Thus killing them by blowing up the plane would not only fail to achieve her goal, but would possible make it become impossible if Aria died from it.

Quote:
Well I don't think his authority as a butei would allow to go to the captain personally, and I didn't see it being that obvious that she was lying .
Old 2011-05-08, 20:48   Link #29
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Riko said a french phrase to Kinji: Je t'aime Croquer, means..
"I want to eat you", i know that her VA said that word very clearly...

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-05-08, 20:57   Link #30
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

^ I translated it as "I love you so much I can eat you here right now. <3"

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Old 2011-05-08, 22:09   Link #31
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
It is like chanting Quran when you are about to meet obama. No need for rocket science for that.

from an assault class butei, i would expect a blow to the chin or the ear, temporary stun the hostile and make it easier to tackle her down.

if you are 1m away and wearing a bullet proof vest and holding a pistol and melee weapon then yes.
And the vest will protect your head how? You don't know if the opponent has a killing intention.

A pistol raised to someone's forehead is more dangerous than holding a knife or short sword and standing some distance away.

Quote:

bullets spamming in a commercial plane is bad idea because like you said, bullets can hit the fuel tank causing explosion. Also it can make some holes in the wall or glass windows which dont really bring the plane down but if it is flying at low attitude, but the low oxygen level will make the fight hilarious.
The threat of that happening is low enough that using a gun is not discounted. Air marshals and security officers on flights all use firearms.

A plane is big....some bullet holes in the fuselage won't suddenly vent all the air out. The fuel tanks are in the wings....chances of a round hitting there are minimal.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-05-08 at 23:03. Reason: Let's be mindful of the double-posting when just editing your post is sufficent.
Old 2011-05-08, 23:34   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:

Erm, do you happen to see a fuel tank anywhere? Also, a 9mm bullet can't even penetrate a propane tank, let alone a heavy duty fuel tank of a plane protected by very clever people who design it so to prevent stuff like it from happening.

And what? Do you know how big a plane is? Or how small a 9mm round is? Do you know how long it would take to deplete the entire cabin?

Oh yeah to answer something earlier, yes Modern day auto pilot technology is so advance that it could practically fly itself, assuming nothing goes wrong midway, the pilot could in fact just press one button, this is not science fiction technology anymore.
Old 2011-05-09, 00:37   Link #33
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
how small a 9mm round is?
9mm
Old 2011-05-09, 01:43   Link #34
zero7090

that why i said bullet spamming that empty the whole round, not a double tap or 2 into the abdomen or thighs to disable the hostile. And as i count Aria fired about 20 shoots, Riko should be about the same.

Quote:
Oh yeah to answer something earlier, yes Modern day auto pilot technology is so advance that it could practically fly itself, assuming nothing goes wrong midway, the pilot could in fact just press one button, this is not science fiction technology anymore.
ground check, take off, climb and landing are always handled manually period
Old 2011-05-09, 01:49   Link #35
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
2. Sherlock Holmes' great-granddaughter fighting against Lupin's great-granddaughter. Really cool concept. I'd have preferred Moriarty as the great-grandfather of the villain myself, but this is still a very cool concept.
You know I take back what I said about that being stupid. That does sound pretty cool...
Old 2011-05-09, 01:57   Link #36
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
that why i said bullet spamming that empty the whole round, not a double tap or 2 into the abdomen or thighs to disable the hostile. And as i count Aria fired about 20 shoots, Riko should be about the same.

yes but of course the opponent is going to be doing the same to you from that kind of close range so it's not like shooting to disable is going to be a simple affair...
Old 2011-05-09, 02:08   Link #37
zero7090

Quote:
She used bombs when was efficient for goal while being on an airplane it doesn't help her goal at all, so it wouldn't make sense to assume she's using a bomb, since her goal is specifically to defeat Aria and her partner, Kinji, in combat herself in order to prove herself better than her grandfather so she can be recognized as "Riko" rather than "the 4th". Thus killing them by blowing up the plane would not only fail to achieve her goal, but would possible make it become impossible if Aria died from it.
how about killing them then blow up the plane as the icing on the cake?
Old 2011-05-09, 02:12   Link #38
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Aru=Kata is all about redirecting the opponent's line of fire. The entire concept is about forcing a miss or dodging.
Old 2011-05-09, 02:15   Link #39
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
how about killing them then blow up the plane as the icing on the cake?
She wasn't aiming to kill......since she could have put a round into Aria's head.
Old 2011-05-09, 02:20   Link #40
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
9mm
...Well done, Commander.

Quote:
Once again foiled by mythbusters in their plane special where they revealed that modern auto pilot can in fact land a plane should the pilot and copilot be rended 'unavailable'.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-05-09 at 02:42.
Closed Thread