AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old Yesterday, 17:27   Link #1
Lantern
Unamused

Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? (六畳間の侵略者!?)[Light Novel]

AKA: Invaders of the Six-Tatami Mat Room!?

Genre: Comedy, Harem, Sci-fi, Fantasy

Synopsis:
Quote:
Satomi Koutarou decided to live on his own when he began high school.

Fortunately, he discovered Room 106 of Corona House, small "rokujouma" (6-tatami apartment), that only cost 5000 yen a month.

Unfortunately, he also discovered that numerous otherworldly and supernatural girls also wanted his room for various reasons of their own, and none of them were about to back down.

As a result, Koutarou and the girls found themselves forced to live together as they tried to settle just who would end up with the room.
Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? is a Japanese light novel series written by Takehaya and illustrated by Poco.

As of creation of this thread, Hobby Japan has published 16 volumes since 2009 under their HJ Bunko imprint, as well as 2 side story volumes. A manga adaptation with art by Tomosane Ariike is serialized in Hobby Japan's online seinen manga magazine Comic Dangan. An anime adaptation by Silver Link has also begun airing as part of the Summer 2014 lineup.

Images
Covers of Vol.1~9
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoilers
Spoiler for Side Story Volumes 7.5 & 8.5

Spoilers
Spoiler for Vol 10~16
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:32   Link #2
cloud04
Scanlator

Kiriha!!! Xd
Old Yesterday, 17:34   Link #3
Lantern
Unamused

Made this thread so we can have a place to discuss the novel since the anime has started airing today.

Personally I don't think the anime will have enough time to get to the good parts unless they plan to rush through 7 volumes within one cour and get to the two side volumes, where the plot truly begins. But that would be one heck of a terrible compression.

Hopefully some translators out there might take an interest in this novel series.

Anyway. So we have a ghost, a cosplayer magical girl, an oriental underground tribe girl and an aliens princess who owns a gundam giant space battleship. Now we just need a time traveler to complete the club
Old Yesterday, 17:49   Link #4
bakato

Clearly a harem.
bakato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:50   Link #5
cloud04
Scanlator

well the manga was already set up in batoto although who is doing it idk..so far latest ch is where they all transferred to school...although i kinda like the old anime version of kiriha than she is now..her boobs are too big
Old Yesterday, 20:30   Link #6
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Interesting that a thread about this series gets made. Funny since after watching the first episode I went and gather all the current novels volumes available. This series is unique and the first episode was a blast to watch and the "Invaders" had neat and interesting personalities.

None the less...With 16 volumes I wonder how the anime will go about this one and how can this thread expand outside the talks about the animation itself. I'm really interested in this series...and I still have 7 more volume to look at. I have hopes that anime adaptation will be good, but for now we should wait and see where this goes.

I wonder if there's a manga adaptation for this series? If so, then I have some digging around to do. So many series, so little time.
Old Yesterday, 20:41   Link #7
cloud04
Scanlator

like i said there's a manga for this already its just not translated yet(although a batoto link is already made) and latest is where they all transfer to their school
Old Yesterday, 20:43   Link #8
ImperialFlameGod8190

This is one of those that my main thought is hm this will be amusing lets see how amusing tho
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:48   Link #9
bakato

16 volumes already! And if there's a new girl joining the fray every volume then how is this room not already bursting at the seams?
bakato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:53   Link #10
Lantern
Unamused

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
like i said there's a manga for this already its just not translated yet(although a batoto link is already made) and latest is where they all transfer to their school
That's just the ending of vol. 1 though, out of the first 6~7 volumes which are just part of the prologue... and the chapters are monthly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
16 volumes already! And if there's a new girl joining the fray every volume then how is this room not already bursting at the seams?
18 actually, since the 2 "side" story volumes aren't really side stories and are very relevant to the main plot. If anything vol. 14 is the actual "side story shorts".

Last edited by Lantern; Yesterday at 21:31.
Old Yesterday, 20:59   Link #11
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
That's just the ending of vol. 1 though, out of the first 6~7 volumes which are just part of the prologue... and the chapters are monthly.
yea i know..although if you look at the manga art..is somewhat err..odd looking?
Old Yesterday, 21:42   Link #12
tsunade666

I didn't think that it would be this long. I fear for the anime to be rushed to cover many materials to be animated.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:54   Link #13
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I didn't think that it would be this long. I fear for the anime to be rushed to cover many materials to be animated.
like how flag was?
Old Today, 03:03   Link #14
Vaans

Don't tell me all the girls(except the landlady) will be living in one six-tatami apartment room.

-Tsuyuri, Kumin

Last edited by Vaans; Today at 04:45.
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:16   Link #15
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaans View Post
Don't tell me all the girls(except the landady) will be living in one six-tatami apartment room.
yap all of them XD although how..idk XD we'll have to wait and see..
Old Today, 03:42   Link #16
Lantern
Unamused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaans View Post
Don't tell me all the girls(except the landady) will be living in one six-tatami apartment room.
Well if you mean "living in" by sleeping there at night, then no not all of them.
Kiriha has her own little underground base she built under one of the tatami mat, while Tia lives on her battleship in space with a transport portal set on the wall. The only ones who actually live in the 6 tatami apartment room are Sanae (who doesn't really occupy any space since she's a ghost) and Yurika (in the cabinet).
Old Today, 04:03   Link #17
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Well if you mean "living in" by sleeping there at night, then no not all of them.
Kiriha has her own little underground base she built under one of the tatami mat, while Tia lives on her battleship in space with a transport portal set on the wall. The only ones who actually live in the 6 tatami apartment room are Sanae (who doesn't really occupy any space since she's a ghost) and Yurika (in the cabinet).
Which begs the question... WHY OF ALL PLACES, IT HAD TO BE THAT?!?!?!?!

And when it comes to reasons, the only ones who had concrete ones are the MC and Landlady, Kiriha, and Sanae... Everyone else can pick another place...
SineMora is online now   Reply With Quote