AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-29, 10:58   Link #1041
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Chapter is finally out on alphapolis website.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 12:13   Link #1042
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I might be seeing it wrong or did Itami just knocked a tooth out with that punch?

Last edited by John117xCortana; 2014-01-29 at 20:36.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 16:32   Link #1043
cleed
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Where did they get a Japanese woman from? Was it from the first raid?
cleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 16:51   Link #1044
Kamui04
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
Where did they get a Japanese woman from? Was it from the first raid?
Here's your answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No guys, Noriko was kidnapped by recons prior to the invasion.
Dunno how that worked out, perhaps a smaller gate was opened beforehand, but there were scouts who went out to Japan and they brought back some civilians off the streets.
go back a couple pages, there's spoilers discussion about that.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 18:30   Link #1045
Top Sergeant
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
I'm I seeing it wrong or did Itami just knocked a tooth out with that punch?
I certainly hope so!
Top Sergeant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 18:33   Link #1046
black_cat1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Ok, now wait for the coup d'Útat
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 11:21   Link #1047
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerys View Post
Can someone give me spoiler what will happen next chapter?
I really want to know!!
Well of course you know this means war.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 13:04   Link #1048
Lutz2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerys View Post
Can someone give me spoiler what will happen next chapter?
I really want to know!!
Spoiler for 34:


O yeah sorry for my bad English .
Lutz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:15   Link #1049
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz2 View Post
Spoiler for 34:


O yeah sorry for my bad English .
Oh yes, Values Dissonance.

Possibly because the Empire doesn't have civil and human rights like on Earth, they see having slaves as normal.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 15:56   Link #1050
LystAP
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Oh yes, Values Dissonance.

Possibly because the Empire doesn't have civil and human rights like on Earth, they see having slaves as normal.
Well, technically in some places here its still prevalent, unfortunately. However, it's not that overt as it used to be. Regardless, after seeing the state of the empire, the general treatment of slaves, and in particular how they treated a "citizen" of their native country, the reactions of the delegation is understandable. Although even in the extreme context of diplomacy, your not supposed to go actively beating up a representative of a opposing country in front of everyone (you politely send a cruise missile and spec ops team during the night). However, I guess the power differential is great enough here that they frankly do not care.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 01:34   Link #1051
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Well, technically in some places here its still prevalent, unfortunately. However, it's not that overt as it used to be. Regardless, after seeing the state of the empire, the general treatment of slaves, and in particular how they treated a "citizen" of their native country, the reactions of the delegation is understandable. Although even in the extreme context of diplomacy, your not supposed to go actively beating up a representative of a opposing country in front of everyone (you politely send a cruise missile and spec ops team during the night). However, I guess the power differential is great enough here that they frankly do not care.
at most, a team of elites should suffice in most black ops much like what China, Russia and the US tried to do but faced JSDF spec ops. sending a cruise missile without prior warning will incite retaliation... and gives us all a literal assraping.

well... in a sense, in diplomacy even if its quite... well... unstable, normally you shouldn't do squat, right?

I remembered in WWII of the Big Three was planning to meet somewhere but couldnt resulting in Stalin raging hard.
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 02:09   Link #1052
LystAP
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
at most, a team of elites should suffice in most black ops much like what China, Russia and the US tried to do but faced JSDF spec ops. sending a cruise missile without prior warning will incite retaliation... and gives us all a literal assraping.

well... in a sense, in diplomacy even if its quite... well... unstable, normally you shouldn't do squat, right?

I remembered in WWII of the Big Three was planning to meet somewhere but couldnt resulting in Stalin raging hard.
In truth, I had no idea what the countries in this story are thinking. China and Russia are being way too passive-aggressive, and the US isn't exerting as much power as it should be, nor did it look like the US was fulfilling certain diplomatic obligations necessitated under treaty (as the Empire attacked Japan, it would have been the obligation of United States Forces Japan to counterattack along with the JSDF; even during the height of the Iraq War, we still had substantial forces based within Japan, to both fulfill this obligation and to exert geopolitical power in Asia).
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 03:54   Link #1053
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
as much as we know they could have helped until the enemies were pushed back in their territory. At that moment they lost jurisdiction since Japan refused more help to make sure others don't start a war over this world's resources.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 05:35   Link #1054
Fwarlord
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
as much as we know they could have helped until the enemies were pushed back in their territory. At that moment they lost jurisdiction since Japan refused more help to make sure others don't start a war over this world's resources.
But that's just silly, with all those rich and resources behind the gate, each and every power will find one way or another to go to the other side of the gate, be it official or unofficial, or how retard the reasons are. The author must be a national extremist to ignore that point.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic218451_1.gif Lovers for Eternity
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 05:55   Link #1055
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Author must be a national extremist to NOT show other nations forcing their way through Japan!


..... what twisted M÷bius of logic is this.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 07:55   Link #1056
Top Sergeant
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Without Japanese cooperation it would be extremely difficult for any modern nation to get land or air forces through the Gate. China and Russia can't project enough land power across the sea. India has a large enough army, but again no way to get enough of it to Japan. The USA has the logistical capability, but the closest basing for support is the garrison in South Korea, and a build up there would drive North Korea nuts. The US would have to mobilize the entire Army National Guard to have enough ground troops to secure South Korea and to get through the JSDF to give the attack even a chance of success, and that, without a demonstrated threat to the nation, would be politically impossible.
Top Sergeant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 12:07   Link #1057
LystAP
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Without Japanese cooperation it would be extremely difficult for any modern nation to get land or air forces through the Gate. China and Russia can't project enough land power across the sea. India has a large enough army, but again no way to get enough of it to Japan. The USA has the logistical capability, but the closest basing for support is the garrison in South Korea, and a build up there would drive North Korea nuts. The US would have to mobilize the entire Army National Guard to have enough ground troops to secure South Korea and to get through the JSDF to give the attack even a chance of success, and that, without a demonstrated threat to the nation, would be politically impossible.
The United States actually has entire military bases in mainland Japan under the jurisdiction of United States Forces Japan; the Japanese government even actually helps pay for the upkeep. Yokosuka, Misawa Air Base and Kadena Air Base; while we have a presence in South Korea, it isn't as "permanent" as our presence in Japan.

There's a whole list of American bases on their Wikipedia page.

There's a reason why Japan can keep calling its' armed forces a Self-Defense Force, the United States is supposed to supplement Japan's inability to project with US capability. Without those American bases and military installations, there would be probably (and perhaps necessarily) be a official Japanese Army and Navy again.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 13:29   Link #1058
Top Sergeant
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
The United States actually has entire military bases in mainland Japan under the jurisdiction of United States Forces Japan; the Japanese government even actually helps pay for the upkeep. Yokosuka, Misawa Air Base and Kadena Air Base; while we have a presence in South Korea, it isn't as "permanent" as our presence in Japan.

There's a whole list of American bases on their Wikipedia page.

There's a reason why Japan can keep calling its' armed forces a Self-Defense Force, the United States is supposed to supplement Japan's inability to project with US capability. Without those American bases and military installations, there would be probably (and perhaps necessarily) be a official Japanese Army and Navy again.
The majority of those forces are on Okinawa, not mainland Japan. That's the 3rd Marine Expeditionary Force headquarters.

The only Army base of which I'm aware is Camp Zama, and that's run by the US Army Reserve, and there are no Army combat formations there. The closest are in Korea.

The Navy and Air Force also lease bases in Japan, but that can hardly be considered ground power. The Headquarters of 7th Fleet would be at the mercy of the Japanese police, no need for the military to seize it.

Taking on the JDSF on their home turf would be a HUGE undertaking for the US military. Attempting to achieve air superiority would be very difficult in and of itself, not to mention the massive logistical train required to support and supply the sea, air and land forces involved.
Top Sergeant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 14:07   Link #1059
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
For the guys suggesting about America attacking japan, don't forget that Russia, China, North Korea will not just watch things going and as soon as they see the chance (probably when one of the two has lost enough troops) they get in the game too.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 15:10   Link #1060
LystAP
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
The majority of those forces are on Okinawa, not mainland Japan. That's the 3rd Marine Expeditionary Force headquarters.

The only Army base of which I'm aware is Camp Zama, and that's run by the US Army Reserve, and there are no Army combat formations there. The closest are in Korea.

The Navy and Air Force also lease bases in Japan, but that can hardly be considered ground power. The Headquarters of 7th Fleet would be at the mercy of the Japanese police, no need for the military to seize it.

Taking on the JDSF on their home turf would be a HUGE undertaking for the US military. Attempting to achieve air superiority would be very difficult in and of itself, not to mention the massive logistical train required to support and supply the sea, air and land forces involved.

I'm not inferring that the United States is going to attack Japan; I have just been noting that in reality, the JSDF wouldn't have been the only ones that went through the gate. Under existing treaty, nothing would have stopped the United States from deploying along side with the JSDF in the initial incursion through the gate, back when they were unsure what was really on the other side, nor would it have stop the US from establishing at least a minor observation force along side the JSDF expeditionary force.

Even afterwards, there is plenty of precedence for the United States to deploy across the gate without resorting to overt coercion, even if Japan wanted to keep the land across the gate to itself. Right now, Japan is using her treaty with the United States to get the US fleet to interfere in their island debacle with China; such things could go both ways. However, the author is admittedly and understandably rather Japancentric; such things would be a lot more complex in reality.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, military, military science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.