AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-30, 08:45   Link #1
KimmyChan

Sketchbook (Manga)

I found out about this sweet looking series only yesterday

I know that it spans over 5 manga volumes, and I'm hoping to be able to buy all 5 of the volumes myself very soon when I can eventually come across them all

Anyone here read this series already and give me your opinions on it?
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 10:01   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I read it. Very nice slice of life story about the school art club but my favorite character was Sora since i always interested on how does she communicate with her fellow club members and friends (and the cats,).

There' also an anime adaptation release 2 years ago if your interested.
Old 2009-03-30, 10:06   Link #3
KimmyChan

The more I think & find out about this series, the more I wanna get it

And thanks for the anime info too, I started off a new thread for that aswell in the relevent section of the forum

The look of the characters is especially appealing to me in the manga
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 05:10   Link #4
SiltedUp

I'd have to say it's one of the most enjoyable things I have read. Cute, lighthearted 4koma about basic things in life. Comparable to Azumanga Daioh, though this focuses much more on just being incredibly adorable.
SiltedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 16:46   Link #5
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I'm a huge fanboy of both the anime and manga and yet I havn't posted in either thread.

Since ch100 just got released I figured I'd celebrate the event by posting in this thread.

And to top it off,Ooba sempai was pretty much the main character of this chapter , that's got to be a sign of the apocalypse

Love the last few chapters,there's a good balance between using old characters,new characters,as well as pairing up characters in ways we hadn't seen before,even 100 chapters in everything still feels fresh to me.
Old 2014-02-07, 00:11   Link #6
Flower
Bibliotecha Rosa Atra....

Just thought I would resurrect this old thread because the series is still ongoing. Recently ch 116 was made available as well.

I guess I am both surprised and not surprised to see this thread get as little attention as it has. Seeing as how I at least enjoy both the manga and the anime adaptation of it I will try and correct this!

Hopefully other posters will help me give this series the attention it deserves. ^^
Old 2015-06-27, 19:27   Link #7
gdpetti

Looked at the anime series the last week and I was wondering if it covered the manga through the recent release in Sept of '07, as the anime ended in Dec of '07. It seems the manga continues put a volume out about every year. Has it continued in the same 4 panel format all this time? It's kind of weird to see the difference from the anime series... as if the director had the task of putting these 4 panel volumes together like puzzle pieces. Interesting. Without looking ahead, I assume the manga still has Sora and friends in high school, perhaps as 3rd years? They gotta graduate sometime, right?
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 18:42   Link #8
gdpetti

It seems that this manga's 4 panel style doesn't readily transfer to anime, so the director really did a terrific job mashing it together, as the manga's comedy is 'observational'... not always funny in a traditional sense, sometimes yes, sometimes just interesting.. more like a standup comic making observations about things.... The anime utilized Sora as the main character, but the manga doesn't, or at least not necessarily... at least in the chapters I read... and I stopped because it just isn't as funny as the anime... which mashed it all together... had to, as the 4 panel style has no storyline, no thread to connect them.... just odd observations, humorous moments, some interesting stuff... a whole collection of stuff.... mostly interesting, but without a thread of a storyline, I had a real hard time continuing with it... the anime really pulled it all together into a different but similar package... gave it a push. Interesting to see the difference or the source material the anime director was working with... like a bunch of puzzle pieces without any picture... in a sense, leaving it wide open to put them together any way the director wanted to. The characters remain the same, only the anime gave them a push forward that the manga didn't seem to have... but I haven't seen recent chapters... they weren't online at the site i was using... and i didn't care to look for more elsewhere.... there was a lot of word play with written letters etc... only funny or interesting in Japanese... a very eclectic mix. Wouldn't mind seeing more, but only in the anime version. I'd rather see the puzzle than a collection of its pieces.
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote