AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-30, 16:38   Link #2141
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Because either of his potential lovers could and would break him in two if he cheats?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 16:41   Link #2142
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^But the point is that it wouldn't be cheating if he had multiple wives/lovers/mistresses due to him being a powerful ruler, so everyone should be satisfied.....kinda?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 16:44   Link #2143
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
And if they don't want to share him? Fight to the death ? xD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 18:29   Link #2144
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Alibaba would only agree to a Tenchi Solution if all parties involved pretty much tell him to do it - he doesn't have the machismo to suggest such a thing first. But I have a feeling that he wants to be a 'one woman' man, so when it's all said and done, it's going to be just one of the girls.

May the best girl win. And no, it's not automatically Morgianna!
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 19:22   Link #2145
noobita
Ancient User
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
And if they don't want to share him? Fight to the death ? xD
I'm pretty sure Kougyoku doesn't mind if Alibaba wants to have more than 1 wife because she is from royalty, and she knew how royalty works.
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 19:35   Link #2146
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
I wouldn't mind if a new character would come in and help Mor out. Like having Mor save a fanalist who was just like her back in the first arc and from then on vows to follow Mor forever and looks up to her and admires her and what not. It would be funny if the new character kidnapped Aliababa the same way she did back Balbad and takes him to Mor room where she enters and then they talk.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 21:25   Link #2147
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
... takes him to Mor room where she enters and then they make babies.
There, corrected that for you
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 03:11   Link #2148
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
You know how Morigana could score some major points with me? If she'd noticed the changes in Alibaba...and she didn't like them. Everyone else is fond of the fact that Cassim took over his body.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 08:28   Link #2149
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Maybe Wiki? That's where I read about Marsur's preferences.

Her dilemma has always been that she needs to meet her family to honor Goltas's last request and she wants to serve Alibaba and Aladdin because they also played a part in freeing her from slavery. When we left her before the year+ time skip, she was left being forced to choose between the two.

Obviously that was resolved somehow, either she abandoned the idea of meeting her family and honoring Goltas or she's had it both ways. That she can apparently fly for an extended period of time means she did eventually meet her tribe and it hasn't really had an impact on her. But yeah, uneventful is right. Even before they first left, Marsur said to watch out for slavers specialized in capturing Fanalis. She likely didn't encounter them.
Ah, it was Tv Tropes actually, though I did look at the wiki and the information is there for Yam. Looks like it was in Stickers? Is that the version of omakes or something?

Interestingly, Toto's notes on that indicate her preferred type is someone like Cassim so it may be those aspects that attract her so much to Ali, though I'd be surprised if that is all there was to it.

I'd sort of forgotten just how long it had been since we left her with Yunan actually.

Well, by Yam's comments it would seem at least part of her time was spent gathering together the members of the Alliance. I don't think she actually did go and meet her tribe though going by Yunan's comments, though that may have only been if he helped her to the other side. Either way, it seemed certain that she would choose to go back and help her friends and loved ones. Yeah, nothing ever came of that that we saw. Maybe it got cut short for whatever reason or we'll get more updates one what she did via flashbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Alibaba's Magoi pool was about the same as Haukei's. That was before the body snatch. Now he probably has more Magoi than anyone aside from top tier Magicians like Yam and Mogamett and freaks like En and Sinbad.
I'm curious just where he ranks in that department now, though he may not be nearly as capable with it just yet, though obviously enough where he can pull off things like Djinn Equip and Extreme Magic. This would also of course mean he could gain a new Djinn if they were to go to a dungeon, though something like that might feel a bit out of place a this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I wouldn't mind if a new character would come in and help Mor out. Like having Mor save a fanalist who was just like her back in the first arc and from then on vows to follow Mor forever and looks up to her and admires her and what not. It would be funny if the new character kidnapped Aliababa the same way she did back Balbad and takes him to Mor room where she enters and then they talk.
Something like that would rather nice or at least if she had someone she was quite close to outside of the boys. A fanalist or someone her own age would be good for her I think. Having that happen would actually be rather hilarious.

One of the things she needs to deal with more is what remains of her complex about being a slave. I don't think it's come up since Hakuryuu's confession, but it's still there and one of the key parts of her lack of self-confidence. If she doesn't in the near future, I fear that Al-Thamen will end up taking advantage of her as this sort of thing is what they seem to specialize in. Though Mor isn't an idiot by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
You know how Morigana could score some major points with me? If she'd noticed the changes in Alibaba...and she didn't like them. Everyone else is fond of the fact that Cassim took over his body.
Have we really gotten any reason to think of it as a bad thing though or even think of this as Cassim taking over his body?
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 10:41   Link #2150
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
You know how Morigana could score some major points with me? If she'd noticed the changes in Alibaba...and she didn't like them. Everyone else is fond of the fact that Cassim took over his body.
Cassim didn't take over the body, it was just the merging of the two magoi. If you think of Alibaba smoking in 143, when we see Cassim's silhouette, as Cassim taking control of the body, then no, Alibaba tried smoking and choked on the cigarette before in 36.
The reason he tries smoking is most likely because in his mind it gives off a level of maturity or so.
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 10:45   Link #2151
noobita
Ancient User
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Why are you guys discussing so hard about the side character, Alibaba? I thought that Aladdin is the main character here and I always under the impression people care for main character's ship more than anything.
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 11:15   Link #2152
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Aladdin only cares for boobs, so his ship is arleady sealed xD And Alibaba gives mc vibes too
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 11:50   Link #2153
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Aladdin only cares for boobs, so his ship is arleady sealed xD
inb4 Morgianna asks Amon if full assimilation will give her bigger oppai
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 12:54   Link #2154
Cosmic Eagle
EXEC_DISHADOW_
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ar Tonelico
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Why are you guys discussing so hard about the side character, Alibaba? I thought that Aladdin is the main character here and I always under the impression people care for main character's ship more than anything.
Clearly Aladdin will end up with Judar
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 12:57   Link #2155
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Why are you guys discussing so hard about the side character, Alibaba? I thought that Aladdin is the main character here and I always under the impression people care for main character's ship more than anything.
Personally, I couldn't care less about Aladdin. Seriously.
__________________
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 12:58   Link #2156
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Clearly Aladdin will end up with Judar
after he is reborn female .
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 13:06   Link #2157
Fwarlord
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Clearly Aladdin will end up with Judar
No, Aladdin will end up with Titus. "He" is a reverse trap in Scheherazade's female body clone now.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 14:27   Link #2158
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Why are you guys discussing so hard about the side character, Alibaba? I thought that Aladdin is the main character here and I always under the impression people care for main character's ship more than anything.
Aladdin is not the main character. He was practically a spectator throughout the last arc. I guess Titus was the main character during the Magnostadt arc? Which is half of the reason it sucked.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 18:21   Link #2159
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Aladdin is not the main character. He was practically a spectator throughout the last arc. I guess Titus was the main character during the Magnostadt arc? Which is half of the reason it sucked.
I always took it to be more of an ensemble kind of thing with Aladdin and Alibaba being the leads. Perhaps Mor as well, but she hasn't really had too much to do lately though I hope that changes.

I'd say Aladdin was pretty much the main for most of the Magnostadt arc with Titus coming to take up more and more of the spotlight, though part of that was due to introducing him and his backstory for his eventual return as a Magi. Of course, who knows if he'll really do anything else now that that's over with.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 01:23   Link #2160
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Aladdin didn't get anything out of the Magnostadt arc though. He wasn't conflicted. He wasn't especially challenged. He didn't need anyone's help. He sure as hell didn't learn anything. He achieved all of his goals with flying colors. He didn't pay any price. And as far as long term development and story potential goes, I think we lost more than we'd gained.

As readers, all we learned about Aladdin is that he's apparently a genius mage even without his Magi powers and that he's apparently above criticism, incapable of making mistakes. He might be a clone, but that doesn't seem to hold any meaning for him. Certainly his life won't be cut dramatically short since Titus is in the same boat and he can apparently keep feeding life magic into his body forever.

Long term, the world is practically on the brink of universal peace. En had every opportunity to show a ruthless side to himself, but he didn't. At this point, between the two the more 'evil' one is Sinbad. It's Al Tharem's fault seems like a mantra that will just keep on being repeated it seems. How will they sabotage the summit? Because there isn't anyone else to shake things up a bit.

Scherazade died. I don't know about you, but before the end of the war, I thought she'd make a fine adversary. Not necessarily an enemy, but not a friend either. Older, more mature, world-wise than Aladdin, she'd off-set his wide-eyed idealism wonderfully...until that wide-eyed idealism took all of the fight right out of her. She ends up regretting her whole life shortly before dying leaving Titus who is even worse than Aladdin in her stead.

Alibaba...he just sort of showed up and showed us his Djinn-Equip and Extreme Magic. Until this last chapter, he hasn't had any positive developments. I guess he managed to leave a good impression on En, but I wonder if it'll even matter?

Mogamett, he left Aladdin with the idea of purifying the black rukh. Which really means turning the white rukh of the world against the black rukh of Al Tharem's god and achieving zen/eden/paradise/whatever. I don't know about you, but making the world a better place brick by brick sounds alot more interesting than a chucking a genki dama into the black sun.

It really was just a terrible arc. Magnostadt was an interesting place. The characters that came from there were deeply flawed, but in the end all they were guilty of was following Mogamett? Aren't people generally held responsible for following their leader's actions and direction?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.