AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-08, 05:46   Link #1721
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
that's exaggerating.
the time skip was only half a year
It's been more than a year since the group parted ways. Hakuryuu exploded in strength after only a short time upon returning to Kou. In only a few months he learned how to use his Djinn Equip and create monsters to act as his Household. A fully year later with Judar's help, he might be more of a monster himself...

Hakuei will probably marry En. Out of duty if nothing else since the Kou Empire will fracture sooner or later. Not to say that there isn't an attraction there. Kougyoku expressed jealousy of that woman trying to get close to her big brother. It'll probably happen and they look together so whatever.

Kougyoku is usually shipped with Judar. They actually have a pretty good relationship, but it hasn't been shown in the manga. He was the first one she asked to be friends with, but he turned her down because he didn't think he could have friends.

As for Sinbad, forget him. Brainwashing Kougyoku, he deserves to die alone.

Alibaba hasn't expressed romantic feelings towards any girls. Frankly, he's so in love with Cassim that he'll never love anyone again. Forget Mor, he barely even sees her as a friend. She's the third wheel to the Alibaba and Aladdin Experience. Why is she even in the manga?

Hakuryuu only wants a girl to help deal with his mother issues. He jumped at the idea of getting with Morgiana because she seemed like a simple honest woman with plenty of personal strength. He has trust issues and thinks Morgiana is too stupid to come up with a way to manipulate and hurt him. In short, he's lonely and selfish and looking for someone to ease his pain and share his burdens.

Yamu goes with Sharr. This is kind of hinted at with the way he reacts to learning that Sinbad came onto Yamu after he became drunk. He was pretty shocked.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:18   Link #1722
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
^ rage much...?

Hakuei can mesh with pretty much anyone - she's a wind elemental and her wanting to ease strife wherever she sees it marks her as such. She's most likely going to be paired up with a fire user since wind can bolster fire or suppress it. Alibaba with Kougyoku - I do not dislike this, if only for the fact that they are fire and water respectively and that they can snark at each other on a fundamental level.

But Aladdin is going to need some love eventually and right now Hakuei-neechan's the best choice~! (~^_^)~
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:35   Link #1723
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
^ rage much...?
You don't know the half of it. There is so much wrong with the current state of the manga. The author has lost her mind.

Quote:
But Aladdin is going to need some love eventually and right now Hakuei-neechan's the best choice~! (~^_^)~
Aladdin won't survive the manga.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:48   Link #1724
Alpha Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
^ Riiiiiight. Whatever you say, mr. "I'm trying to make it seem I know everything when I'm actually acting like a fool and spouting nonsense".
Alpha Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:43   Link #1725
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I want Sinbad for Kougoyku. But Sinbad has Yamu though
it's a dilemma
I was all for Sinbad x Kougyoku, up until Sinbad brainwashed her. It was a very dickish move, and I'm afraid it will have some very grave repercussion.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:50   Link #1726
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was all for Sinbad x Kougyoku, up until Sinbad brainwashed her. It was a very dickish move, and I'm afraid it will have some very grave repercussion.
Not if Alibaba is there to help her. I also agree on that part. Something tells me that she going to screw up the Kou empire somehow or soemthing along them lines.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 11:10   Link #1727
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
From deep philosophical discussions on the rights of non-existent magicians to shipping wars about characters currently fighting for their lives. Only in Magi, folks.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 11:14   Link #1728
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
From deep philosophical discussions on the rights of non-existent magicians to shipping wars about characters currently fighting for their lives. Only in Magi, folks.
Oh, I must have missed that part. Put me down for all the magicians deserve to die for basically screwing up everything they've ever touched and now bringing about the apocalypse. Also for acting like they're so much better and more noble than everyone else and pretty much ruining the lives of anyone they couldn't make use of.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 11:36   Link #1729
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Oh, I must have missed that part. Put me down for all the magicians deserve to die for basically screwing up everything they've ever touched and now bringing about the apocalypse. Also for acting like they're so much better and more noble than everyone else and pretty much ruining the lives of anyone they couldn't make use of.
Marked and noted. Now if you'll step this way, we'll prepare your swastika.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 12:02   Link #1730
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Marked and noted. Now if you'll step this way, we'll prepare your swastika.
That's retarded. You obviously have no idea just how bad a country Magnostadt is and how screwed up and evil it's people are. Not surprising though since the last year or so has been basically a propaganda piece about how wonderful they are and how they are misunderstood victims lashing out at a world out to get them.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 12:14   Link #1731
Cosmic Eagle
生と死の刹那に未知の結末を見る
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ghetto der Ewigkeit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
That's retarded. You obviously have no idea just how bad a country Magnostadt is and how screwed up and evil it's people are. Not surprising though since the last year or so has been basically a propaganda piece about how wonderful they are and how they are misunderstood victims lashing out at a world out to get them.
I'd say dumbermort effectively undid any good PR the current arc might have given him.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 13:03   Link #1732
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I'd say dumbermort effectively undid any good PR the current arc might have given him.
The whole country is screwed up. It's people aren't any better than he is. They sit back in comfort and tentatively endorse everything the country has done. No one even speaks out. There isn't an opposition party. They know what's going on and they let things stand.

And Mogamett even encouraged them to discuss what was going on. The conclusion? Everyone sides with him even if they kind of disagree. Even Aladdin.

Anyone that thinks that there should be peace between magicians and goi is wrong. What needs to happen is the magicians need to beg for forgiveness from everyone they've ever hurt and that list probably spans into the millions by this point.

Ending things on a note where the magicians are convinced goi aren't so bad would be total BS. They need to see the error of their ways. They are the aggressors. They are the criminals. They are the villains and they have alot to answer for.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 13:35   Link #1733
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
A lot of countries are screwed up. Remember Alibaba's brother? Hell, remember who the magicians replaced?

So far, the only country with maybe some moral high ground is Sindria. Aside from them, everyone needs to "beg forgiveness" from everyone else.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 13:57   Link #1734
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
A lot of countries are screwed up. Remember Alibaba's brother? Hell, remember who the magicians replaced?
Not every country has casual disregard for the consequences of their actions. Not every country treats their neighbors like fodder. Not every country turns the majority of it's citizens into fodder that have no hope for a future, not even future generations. Even in the slums you could raise a family and work towards a better tomorrow.

I'd say that what Magnostadt did to it's people was worse than slavery. The only thing that would have been worse is if they practiced cannibalism wholesale. Because siphoning the very lifeforce out of your neighbor to power your magic carpet is all sorts of wrong, whether he really minds it or not.

Quote:
So far, the only country with maybe some moral high ground is Sindria. Aside from them, everyone needs to "beg forgiveness" from everyone else.
Those other countries don't act like they've done nothing wrong though.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 14:07   Link #1735
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
*chuckles* Some people are still too young for this world.

It's nice that you have such a high moral standing/code - just don't let it bite you back. Well, as long as no one claims to have an 'absolute justice', then we're fine.

What you've pointed out is everything that the magicians had suffered through because of their magic already. It just so happened that once they got the necessary power, they managed to turn it back on the same 'kind' of people who did it to them.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 15:01   Link #1736
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Not every country has casual disregard for the consequences of their actions. Not every country treats their neighbors like fodder.
They're imperialist slavers. That's the norm in Magi's world.

Quote:
Not every country turns the majority of it's citizens into fodder that have no hope for a future, not even future generations. Even in the slums you could raise a family and work towards a better tomorrow.
Mostly they have the freedom to die of starvation, plague or crime, which largely doesn't happen in Magnostadt. Besides, there are plenty of Goi who aren't part of the 5th district.

Quote:
I'd say that what Magnostadt did to it's people was worse than slavery. The only thing that would have been worse is if they practiced cannibalism wholesale. Because siphoning the very lifeforce out of your neighbor to power your magic carpet is all sorts of wrong, whether he really minds it or not.
Why is it worse to have him live in relative comfort while he unconsciously powers your carpet than to whip him to get him to carry your sedan chair?

Quote:
Those other countries don't act like they've done nothing wrong though.
They pretty much do. Look at how Sheherazad or Hakuei present their countries' imperialism. Like they're doing the conquered a favor.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 15:31   Link #1737
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They pretty much do. Look at how Sheherazad or Hakuei present their countries' imperialism. Like they're doing the conquered a favor.
Just like in real life.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 23:51   Link #1738
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
That's retarded. You obviously have no idea just how bad a country Magnostadt is and how screwed up and evil it's people are. Not surprising though since the last year or so has been basically a propaganda piece about how wonderful they are and how they are misunderstood victims lashing out at a world out to get them.
Um, Magnostadt is a fictional country. It doesn't actually exist. And the last year or so is all the information we have on them. We saw how bad the majority of magicians had it, and we saw them treated like slaves. Nearly all of them are basically good people who just don't look at the bad parts of their country because they don;t want to lose the peace they finally reached.

And I have a very good idea how screwed up they are. Ignoring the problem doesn't make it vanish, any more than justifying it does. They are by no means sweet and innocent like they were originally presented. The problem is that every single other country we've met has done stuff just as bad.

Also, the "swastika" thing was a joke because you directed a significant amount of antagonism towards a single group of people. Chill.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 00:32   Link #1739
CBredbeard
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
*chuckles* Some people are still too young for this world.

It's nice that you have such a high moral standing/code - just don't let it bite you back. Well, as long as no one claims to have an 'absolute justice', then we're fine.

What you've pointed out is everything that the magicians had suffered through because of their magic already. It just so happened that once they got the necessary power, they managed to turn it back on the same 'kind' of people who did it to them.
You think the magicians were treated any differently anyone else in those countries? Or any other country? They were recognized for their special skills and put to use. Being used as a human shield? Being forced to work til they dropped? How is that any different from people being drafted and made to lead an assault? Why should anyone feel especially sorry for them?

What's more, unlike every other country in the world, the Magnostadt model leads to one thing; extinction. With 2/3rds of your people in the ground, unable to breed, you're never going to be able to replace them. You need to keep expanding your borders like Magnostadt has been doing to gain more people to feed the magic engine.

Quote:
They're imperialist slavers. That's the norm in Magi's world.
Global conquest is the name of the game, that is true. However, no other country on the planet puts most of it's people in the ground to die childless, all in order to keep the street lamps lit.

Quote:
Mostly they have the freedom to die of starvation, plague or crime, which largely doesn't happen in Magnostadt. Besides, there are plenty of Goi who aren't part of the 5th district.

Why is it worse to have him live in relative comfort while he unconsciously powers your carpet than to whip him to get him to carry your sedan chair?
The whip that doesn't sting is worse than the one that does. You're at least aware of your circumstances in the case of the latter and look toward something better for yourself.

Quote:
They pretty much do. Look at how Sheherazad or Hakuei present their countries' imperialism. Like they're doing the conquered a favor.
Kou offers protection and order. When barbarian tribes are constantly fighting one another and threatening your own kingdom, conquering them is a natural course of action. Obviously their ambitions have grown beyond their own national security in no small part due to the fact that Solomon told them to conquer the world. It's hard to say if this is a bad thing or a good thing at this point.

Unlike in Magnostadt where the magicians are pretty much driven by aggressive xenophobia, destabilizing once prosperous kingdoms and generally spreading misery everywhere within reach. Magnostadt is a country that looks inward and to hell with everyone else, since they have the bomb and don't have to answer to anyone.

Reim hasn't expanded it's borders in over 200 years. They're a hegemony, they'll take over the world simply by being bigger and more prosperous than everyone else. The only reason they even looked at Magnostadt in the first place was because they were attacking Reim (which from the perspective of such a large and powerful country would seem like an insane thing to do) and everyone else. Such a small country and it's making enemies out of pretty much everyone and Scherazade's first response is to send a spy into that country who for an entire year does nothing but play the part of a student? And ultimately the reason the army was deployed is because Kou had designs on the country and Reim simply couldn't let that happen. That's the picture of restraint.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:51   Link #1740
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
You think the magicians were treated any differently anyone else in those countries? Or any other country? They were recognized for their special skills and put to use. Being used as a human shield? Being forced to work til they dropped? How is that any different from people being drafted and made to lead an assault? Why should anyone feel especially sorry for them?

What's more, unlike every other country in the world, the Magnostadt model leads to one thing; extinction. With 2/3rds of your people in the ground, unable to breed, you're never going to be able to replace them. You need to keep expanding your borders like Magnostadt has been doing to gain more people to feed the magic engine.
Don't be ridiculous. Even in the 5th district (which, again, isn't nearly the whole of the Goi), there are plenty of children.


Quote:
Global conquest is the name of the game, that is true. However, no other country on the planet puts most of it's people in the ground to die childless, all in order to keep the street lamps lit.



The whip that doesn't sting is worse than the one that does. You're at least aware of your circumstances in the case of the latter and look toward something better for yourself.
I think you have a very idyllic view of slavery. Despite all we've already seen.

Quote:
Kou offers protection and order. When barbarian tribes are constantly fighting one another and threatening your own kingdom, conquering them is a natural course of action.
Have we seen any of that? We've seen nice horse nomads, minding their own business. The only threat they worried about, the one Hakuei "protected" them from... was the Kou empire.

Quote:
Obviously their ambitions have grown beyond their own national security in no small part due to the fact that Solomon told them to conquer the world. It's hard to say if this is a bad thing or a good thing at this point.
But mostly it's due to them being ruled by Al Sarmen. Whose whole business model is to make everyone unhappy.

Quote:
Unlike in Magnostadt where the magicians are pretty much driven by aggressive xenophobia, destabilizing once prosperous kingdoms and generally spreading misery everywhere within reach.
Remember what Kou did to Balbad?

And I can understand fear a lot better than "I like what you have. Give it to me or die", which is the attitude of Kou, Reme, and Sinbad's old country.

Quote:
Magnostadt is a country that looks inward and to hell with everyone else, since they have the bomb and don't have to answer to anyone.

Reim hasn't expanded it's borders in over 200 years. They're a hegemony, they'll take over the world simply by being bigger and more prosperous than everyone else.
What have you been smoking? They're as aggressive as the Kou. And remember why Morgiana wasn't able to find her people? Ah, good times.


Quote:
The only reason they even looked at Magnostadt in the first place was because they were attacking Reim (which from the perspective of such a large and powerful country would seem like an insane thing to do) and everyone else. Such a small country and it's making enemies out of pretty much everyone and Scherazade's first response is to send a spy into that country who for an entire year does nothing but play the part of a student? And ultimately the reason the army was deployed is because Kou had designs on the country and Reim simply couldn't let that happen. That's the picture of restraint.
She treats it like a foregone conclusion that Magnostadt should belong to her. That's arrogance.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.