AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-10-06, 18:03   Link #681
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah, it should totally have been another Os-Uchuujin
i still say nichijou second op would fit perfectly this series.

the episode was very slow, but at least it was clear, lot of ppl in the japanese site i watched it seemed to compare it with haruhi and medaka.
Old 2011-10-06, 18:05   Link #682
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
the episode was very slow, but at least it was clear, lot of ppl in the japanese site i watched it seemed to compare it with haruhi and medaka.
Well can you blame them? On the surface it looks exactly like that, though Yozora is arguably less overpowered than either two of them.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 18:13   Link #683
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Yeah, it should totally have been another Os-Uchuujin
Hehe, funny that you mention the OP of the second hottest mom, ever... it was also horrible, but unlike this one, I loved it

Generally speaking, I checked some screenshots from the episode, and already I am lamenting that SHAFT did not do this one too :/
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 18:30   Link #684
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Hehe, funny that you mention the OP of the second hottest mom, ever... it was also horrible, but unlike this one, I loved it

Generally speaking, I checked some screenshots from the episode, and already I am lamenting that SHAFT did not do this one too :/
Yeah, up until today, I thought SHAFT was doing this, but it's AIC Build. Their only other anime is OreImo.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 18:52   Link #685
ion475
にこにこにー

Definitely a BIG improvement from episode 0. Most footage are already shown in the trailer, though, so not much on that for now. Pacing is about the same as Oreimo, but since the best place to break would be around end of Vol. 3/beginning of Vol. 4 (It would make a great season finale...), not sure how fast they'll proceed with the novel.

Oh well, since it will take awhile for the jokes and netas to come in...no Rika = no jokes...

On the other hand, Marina Inoue got a little bit better, but her as Yozora just doesn't fit good....

Quote:
at first I thought this is a show that sells visual and fanservice
There are about as much fanservice in this series as Oreimo, in another word, not very many.
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 19:42   Link #686
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Kodaka and Yozara don't hold a candle compared to Haruhi and Kyon, imo.

And, if the OP is anything to go by, this looks like it's less about a friendship club and more about surrounding a clueless male lead with lots of girls who want to get in his pants (subconciously, or not), ie: harem. Which means I'll probably not make it through to the end.

But, despite having that going against it, I still found this first episode mildly amusing.

"If one were to kill everyone with larger boobs, their own boobs would be the largest, comparatively, right?"
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 20:14   Link #687
potchip

I think there's a terrible misconception in western audience when it comes to the lead in a harem type show. The male is never the lead, it's always about the females and the shows are pandering to the largely male audience. The male, at best is the narrator or comedic relief and can be an inanimate carbon rod and it would not matter much. Haganai actually has one of the better male leads, has his own personality (rather than say just RESPOND to female counterparts) and generally a decent guy, compared to the typical hollow shell that un-warranted female attraction bounces off from (eg in IS, which is strangely popular, hence my earlier point the quality of the male does not matter).

Though the problem of LN adaptation is much of the male character builds from his thoughts, which doesn't transfer to animation well - hence the Kyousuke of oreimo and potentially Kodaka here may appear rather transparent.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 20:19   Link #688
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
surrounding a clueless male lead with lots of girls who want to get in his pants (subconciously, or not), ie: harem.
If you look closely, Kodoka isn't as clueless as other guys. There's a specific distance he keeps for some reason.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 20:24   Link #689
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Haganai actually has one of the better male leads, has his own personality (rather than say just RESPOND to female counterparts) and generally a decent guy, compared to the typical hollow shell that un-warranted female attraction bounces off from (eg in IS, which is strangely popular, hence my earlier point the quality of the male does not matter).

You might be out of the business for sometime now but what you're describing is generally the industry standard for all Harem Leads in the 21st century- Gone are the days of Love Hina and Girls Bravo.

Let me propose an even more simplistic measuring stick: When the Male Lead is remembered as much as, or along side his Harem, that's how you know he's a success with his own 'personality' (Keima, NaGARsumi, Touma, Kyon, Sugisaki, Araragi, Hayate, Negi etc.) The fact that Kodaka barely even shows up in the articles is pretty definitive proof (for me at least) that people aren't going to remember him well
Old 2011-10-06, 20:31   Link #690
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
If you look closely, Kodoka isn't as clueless as other guys. There's a specific distance he keeps for some reason.
Sorry, when I mean clueless male lead, I mean Kodaka is going to inevitably not realize that the girls that will keep joining this friendship club want him. To be fair, I'm sure many of the girls themselves won't really realize they want him either.

I don't mean clueless as in, they don't know how to tie their shoes, or don't know their times tables.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 20:55   Link #691
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Let me propose an even more simplistic measuring stick: When the Male Lead is remembered as much as, or along side his Harem, that's how you know he's a success with his own 'personality' (Keima, NaGARsumi, Touma, Kyon, Sugisaki, Araragi, Hayate, Negi etc.) The fact that Kodaka barely even shows up in the articles is pretty definitive proof (for me at least) that people aren't going to remember him well
Hey, Yozora, Meat, and the others are just too stunning for any male to stand up to them in presence. Give the guys some slack here

Quote:
Sorry, when I mean clueless male lead, I mean Kodaka is going to inevitably not realize that the girls that will keep joining this friendship club want him. To be fair, I'm sure many of the girls themselves won't really realize they want him either.
And assuming the anime is true to the light novels, you'll see that it isn't the case
Old 2011-10-06, 21:09   Link #692
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Hey, Yozora, Meat, and the others are just too stunning for any male to stand up to them in presence. Give the guys some slack here
And I would want nothing but the best for them
Old 2011-10-06, 21:12   Link #693
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
And I would want nothing but the best for them
I agree with you, my Twin Brother
Old 2011-10-06, 21:19   Link #694
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Then this is not the case. Kodaka is putting his distance because people are so straight forward that they scare the shit out of him. You should know the reason they are in the "friendship club".

At least he has guts to say what he wants.
Old 2011-10-06, 21:22   Link #695
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Holy crap that closeup of Aozora's Zettai Ryouiki O_O. Black long hair + black skirt + black thighhighs + white legs > oversized bust

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 21:29   Link #696
recover

in on this thread!

dammmmmm sena be looking good
Old 2011-10-06, 21:41   Link #697
Sumeragi
Banned

You know, what I found funny is how they actually portrayed Kodoka as Yankee-like in his behaviors
Old 2011-10-06, 21:45   Link #698
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
OP

I'm quite surprised noby postead anything about the episode yet.... D:

BTW, the song... feels like something is lacking, don't know what, mabe that things that hooked me up to Nura's, IM@'s or C3's OP?
My, what an awful cacophony
I think this will be one on the very rare cases where I'll skip the OP rather than violating my ears with this... this noise pollution
Although... the OP has a bit of fan service, so muting it would probably be better.
Yes, when muted, it's ok. Hint to others: Mute this before watching it, if you value your ears

At least I'm forewarned now for watching the episode later, and it won't detract me from the episode.
Old 2011-10-06, 21:47   Link #699
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Yes, when muted, it's ok. Hint to others: Mute this before watching it, if you value your ears
You sure have some weak ears, go listen to more Os-Uchuujin...
Old 2011-10-06, 21:49   Link #700
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Shouldn't have seen ep 0 before this, ruined the fun about who would join the club. Oh well, i really like the premise of the story. Yozora was so cute when she was talking to her air friend, that the first time i heard that and i was cracking up badly. Lol at Kodaka's first impression. Though he did have an air friend as well. Surprised that the most popular girl wants to join the club. Kinda makes sense that she would get alienated by the other girls. Got a glimpse of the moderator for the club, perfect that a sister with no friends is the moderator. Also got a glimpse of Kodoka's sister.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen