AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-03, 14:47   Link #561
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

I loved last week's episode, it reminded me of the best episodes of season 1. It was absolutely delightful. Compared to that, today's ep was a letdown - partly because I've developed a sort of Pavlovian reaction to Rook wherein he fills me with an overwhelming feeling of "meh", and partly because it took way too long to get a simple point across. I understand that this was a plot/chara episode, but... meh. I miss the harem! They're much more fun than Rook or even Raetsel.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Next week's ep looks very promising, though!

Also, what's with all the delicious food in this season. This show is making me hungry...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-11-03 at 15:12.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 23:17   Link #562
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammon to Freecell
You should date Melancholy
Whoa, this season is dropping all homoundertones series was known for hard.
and endcard for a first time is not for fujoshi.

This means this season will wrap everything nicely.
Old 2013-12-16, 14:28   Link #563
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

I think I'm the only one who still watches this show (even though it's still good, aside of the unfortunate Nonoha situation, although at least she's traveling with Kaito and Gammon now), but I just wanted to let a fangirl scream rip after yesterday's episode, because

HEEEERRBEEEEEEEEEEEERRRTT!! *o*)

My man is back! Go Herbert! (And get redeemed already, damn it!)
Old 2013-12-22, 18:16   Link #564
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Real life has pretty much eaten all my free time lately, but I couldn't NOT watch this week's episode and, and, and.

HERBERT!!!

I love this guy, with all his pathetic, single-minded, vengeful stupidity. XDDD

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hopefully he'll stick around... I mean if he's in the OP and all...
Old 2013-12-22, 20:16   Link #565
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I didn't know that this was still ongoing until now.
Old 2014-01-01, 12:57   Link #566
LKK

2014 New Years Greeting featuring Phi Brain.

Images

Too bad Nanoha isn't so prominently featured in the anime now.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 08:56   Link #567
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
2014 New Years Greeting featuring Phi Brain.

Images

Too bad Nanoha isn't so prominently featured in the anime now.
She is in a show that does puzzles and she isn't good at solving them. It was inevitable.
Old 2014-01-02, 09:28   Link #568
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She is in a show that does puzzles and she isn't good at solving them. It was inevitable.
I wouldn't say inevitable. The writers should be able to find ways to bring her in, preferably not as a damsel-in-distress. IIRC, Nanoha had a surprisingly good memory in season 1. That aspect could be exploited more. Most importantly, I felt in season 1 that Nanoha was a stabilizing influence in this cast of crazies. Admittedly, I dropped watching early in season 2 so I don't know exactly what they've done with her since then. But based on the comments in here (I always read updates to this thread), the writers haven't tried to do much with her.

Plus I always, always wanted a romance to develop between Kaito and her. Sorely disappointed on that count.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-01-02, 12:48   Link #569
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
I wouldn't say inevitable. The writers should be able to find ways to bring her in, preferably not as a damsel-in-distress. IIRC, Nanoha had a surprisingly good memory in season 1. That aspect could be exploited more. Most importantly, I felt in season 1 that Nanoha was a stabilizing influence in this cast of crazies. Admittedly, I dropped watching early in season 2 so I don't know exactly what they've done with her since then. But based on the comments in here (I always read updates to this thread), the writers haven't tried to do much with her.

Plus I always, always wanted a romance to develop between Kaito and her. Sorely disappointed on that count.
Well, to be fair, this is more a kids' show than anything else, so I doubt we'll get much in terms of romance. But what's worse is that the people behind the show know the fans want Kaito and Nonoha to become more than just friends, so I'd say they're trolling us.

I agree that Nonoha could use some development. Throughout S2, she was either just there, lamenting how she wasn't good at solving puzzles (forgetting that she did kinda solve one or two in S1), or got kidnapped by the Orpheus Order over and over again to lure out Kaito and co.

As for episode 12, will Herbert ever truly see the light and join Kaito's gang of merry men, or will he stay the way he is now? He's one of the more enjoyable villains (if you can even call him that), so I wouldn't mind him staying the way he is now.
Old 2014-01-02, 13:11   Link #570
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Well, to be fair, this is more a kids' show than anything else, so I doubt we'll get much in terms of romance. But what's worse is that the people behind the show know the fans want Kaito and Nonoha to become more than just friends, so I'd say they're trolling us.
I don't know, if you look at pixiv people are pretty much in the Rook x Kaito camp, and Freecell x Nonoha has quite a bit of following as well (fueled not in the least by an artwork by the character designer posted on twitter), and these pairs are kind of reinforced in the ending to S3, sooo yeah. As much as I like Nonoha and support her and Kaito together, I don't really have expectations on this front. :/

But I agree that if they wanted Nonoha to be a more active character they could've found a way to use her. After all, she did stuff in S1 and even gained a title for herself. Apparently the writers are just not interested in her, which is too bad. :/ (Especially that they keep pushing Rook who is just so boring.)

Quote:
As for episode 12, will Herbert ever truly see the light and join Kaito's gang of merry men, or will he stay the way he is now? He's one of the more enjoyable villains (if you can even call him that), so I wouldn't mind him staying the way he is now.
Herbert is awesome, I just want him to remain in the show, in whatever function!
Old 2014-01-02, 13:54   Link #571
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I don't know, if you look at pixiv people are pretty much in the Rook x Kaito camp, and Freecell x Nonoha has quite a bit of following as well (fueled not in the least by an artwork by the character designer posted on twitter), and these pairs are kind of reinforced in the ending to S3, sooo yeah. As much as I like Nonoha and support her and Kaito together, I don't really have expectations on this front. :/
I recall taking part in a poll about one's favorite (potential) romantic pairing a year or so ago (I think it was right after S2 ended) and Kaito x Nonoha came out on top, indicating that there definitely is quite some support for this pairing. And I'm sure the producers got wind of this, assuming they keep at least some track of the fanbase for this show.
Old 2014-01-02, 14:40   Link #572
LKK

Quote:
Nonoha
Nanoha, Nonoha ... what's a vowel between friends?

Quote:
I recall taking part in a poll about one's favorite (potential) romantic pairing a year or so ago (I think it was right after S2 ended) and Kaito x Nonoha came out on top, indicating that there definitely is quite some support for this pairing. And I'm sure the producers got wind of this, assuming they keep at least some track of the fanbase for this show.
I remember that too. Voted for them and was happy they won. Maybe the producers will incorporate some more Kaito x Nonoha for us. *fingers crossed*

Old 2014-01-02, 16:03   Link #573
orion

Quote:
It's not like they put more potential females for Kaito to interact with. She won by default. The only other female we now have is Raetzel.

Herbert is awesome. He needs to be in more episodes.
Old 2014-01-02, 19:19   Link #574
Miraluka
Shigure too OP

Quote:
Well, they don't because I'm sure there are fans out there that do not want that.

Yuusha-bu gokajo, hitooooootsu!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 07:04   Link #575
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
The only poll I remember was about just pairs, no romance (there were sibling pairs, etc.). And while yes, Kaito&Nonoha won (yay!) I had the impression that this surprised the creators at least as much as it did many people who thought Rook&Kaito would come out on the top. This is a children's show, and apparently little kids like Nonoha, so I guess a lot of votes came from those parts, not from the fannish/shipper regions.
Old 2014-01-05, 08:23   Link #576
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Ep 14 - as much as I was prepared to feel all bleh (because meh, Rook), this was one of the best episodes yet, at least the puzzle part. The puzzle itself was great fun, and it's always nice to see two characters cooperating - this time the two white-haired former yandere pretty boys. I could do with less Rook worshipping, but this was a fun episode (damn it all).

Also, I had to laugh when after the puzzle Rook and Freecell went all "no honorifics, plz" I mean, they're both British so I kind of assumed that they talk in English with each other.

Raetsel and Jin get more and more creepy, though. Seriously, the age difference, Raetsel's obsession and Jin's mental issues are turning this part of the series into one huge NOPE. I wonder if the creepiness will be acknowledged in the series itself...
Old 2014-01-05, 09:45   Link #577
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Also, I had to laugh when after the puzzle Rook and Freecell went all "no honorifics, plz" I mean, they're both British so I kind of assumed that they talk in English with each other.
Sometimes I wonder if the Japanese think that all of the multiverse use honorifics in everyday speech.

Old 2014-01-05, 11:00   Link #578
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if the Japanese think that all of the multiverse use honorifics in everyday speech.
I think they just kind of handwave away the whole "so what language are they speaking" question, like usual. I wonder what could be the equivalent of "Rook-kun" and "Freecell-kun" in English - I suppose Freecell could call Rook "Crossfield", maybe? (...come to think of it, does Freecell have a first name at all? )
Old 2014-01-19, 18:26   Link #579
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Spoiler for episode 16:

Pretty good episode. And hey, so Nonoha is special! Why don't they show it already...
Old 2014-01-20, 00:33   Link #580
Crontica

Spoiler for Phi brain 3 ep 16: