AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Old 2011-11-17, 02:35   Link #161
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well had to figure Nonoha would be getting a title eventually. She's been right into things from the start and with her hanging around in that upper level she was bound to get a title to solidify her position. Have to say she is talented all over the board from sports to that memory of hers, but she just sucks at puzzles. Thus why her involvement will only rarely get focused on like with the children or using her super memory to help in the puzzle solving.

I'd say she should relax about the title, but even Kaito wanted to turn down his for some time.

Glad the woman turned out not to be evil, just foolish. Unable to get why the kids were making such a fuss about where they were and not understanding how damn dangerous the POG is now. At least she tried desperately to get the door open even though it was futile. Though still lucky that the Principle has control over hiring at the kindergarten since putting the kids into that kind of situation would get most people fired regardless of how remorseful they are.

Anyways, good for Nonoha. May not immediately like it, but the free food should lure her in like the rest .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Since when does Nanoha have such good memory?
Since the first episode when she had the route taken in the maze memorized? It hasn't been focused on all the time, but her excellent memory has been brought up before this.
Old 2011-11-17, 03:26   Link #162
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
She's called Nonoha, and her having photographic memory was stated back in the very first episode, when she got her and Kaito lost in that maze, and subsequently got them back on the right track again.

With the last episode in mind, I'd say this makes her the most useful of the entire main cast. Her memory, or even just her general presence has proven to be invaluable on more than one occasion. I wouldn't be surprised if the POG start taking notice of that and kidnap her, or just something to keep her and Kaito separated.
Old 2011-11-17, 09:50   Link #163
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Nohoha certainly is useful, but obviously shown in the anime, she's terrible with puzzles.

She's only used her memory for the maze in episode one and the puzzle in the newest episode. They should find ways to use her abilities more, otherwise she's pretty much just a supporting character that tags along with Kaito for humour. Together they are indeed are powerful team, but Nohoha hardly gets to show of her talent.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:17   Link #164
ookamigirl

Nonoha sure is versatile.
Masaru's puzzle was a pretty dangerous one.
The kindergarten kids were a nice bonus to the tense situation.

ookamigirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 09:10   Link #165
Seiryuu

Quote:
Nonoha has always had excellent memory or hyperthymesia, potentially on the level of Index.

I rather like this series so far. However, I'm rather worried things might start to get a little grimmer later. Partly because these puzzles are usually designed to kill and it'll be hard for the makers to produce an entire story without some major setback or failure. More significant though is the opening. I'm sure others have mentioned it, but a person's image being shattered like glass tends to have a certain meaning.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 09:14   Link #166
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Ep 8... awww, what a sweet episode! It reminded me a bit of Gallery Fake. The bgm was also great. (Apparently the composer had done music for a number of TV dramas and CMs, but Phi Brain is his first anime job. He's doing pretty well so far!)

And I can't wait for the next episode...
Spoiler for episode 9:

Damn, Phi Brain is threatening to overtake UN-GO as my favorite series this season.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 09:28   Link #167
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

Quote:
Yes, the White Devil never that good a memory.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 23:38   Link #168
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
That trap still makes me think he is actually a she no matter how I look at it...
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 23:44   Link #169
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Having Anna again was great. Like how she was able to paint that picture without even seeing it.
Old 2011-11-21, 10:27   Link #170
totoum
Backstop

Send a message via MSN to totoum
The bridge scene is one of the most random things I've ever seen

Is it even possible to ride a deer?
Old 2011-11-21, 10:59   Link #171
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
That trap still makes me think he is actually a she no matter how I look at it...
I know right!? I wont accept that Anna is a guy XD
Old 2011-11-21, 18:30   Link #172
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The bridge scene is one of the most random things I've ever seen

Is it even possible to ride a deer?
Lol, I thought the same thing This episode was weirdly nice and this deer scene is just the epitome of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I know right!? I wont accept that Anna is a guy XD
It's probably atranslation error. She can't be a guy.... ..... ..... Please tell me I'm right ?
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 18:39   Link #173
totoum
Backstop

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's probably atranslation error. She can't be a guy.... ..... ..... Please tell me I'm right ?
I can't help but think of this except with kaito narating and Anna instead of Ruka
Old 2011-11-23, 01:02   Link #174
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Oh wow, the moment Kaito was falling out of the bamboo bridge and got knocked out of the way. I laughed so hard.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 09:36   Link #175
Seiryuu

Question: do they actually refer to them as traps in Japan? Was it a gag or a funny coincidence when Kaito wondered what kind of trap would be there...?
Bit off with the translation of Nono's reaction. "What's this burning sensation... I know, it's the crabs!"
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 12:00   Link #176
Uribatake

Could someone please explain the second puzzle in episode 8 to me? Kaito said the answer was 6, but once again the show didn't bother explaining how he got to the solution. Was it an untranslatable pun involving the word "roku" or something?
Uribatake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 17:23   Link #177
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Question: do they actually refer to them as traps in Japan? Was it a gag or a funny coincidence when Kaito wondered what kind of trap would be there...?
It was just a coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Bit off with the translation of Nono's reaction. "What's this burning sensation... I know, it's the crabs!"
.....aaaah. XD I didn't make the connection until now... (I be ESL person.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
Could someone please explain the second puzzle in episode 8 to me? Kaito said the answer was 6, but once again the show didn't bother explaining how he got to the solution. Was it an untranslatable pun involving the word "roku" or something?
The puzzle wasn't explained in the episode so all I can think is that it's a) a very common puzzle, b) they had all the information in the interactive part.
Anyway, from the official site: There are two shishi-odoshi in the garden, one is smaller and the other is bigger. Both get equal amount of water poured inside them. Starting from the first time they go "boink" at the same time, how many times do they go off at same time during 15 minutes?
Solution: the smaller one goes off first, 12 seconds after the puzzle started. The bigger one follows 15 seconds later. Seeing this, Kaito gave the correct answer: in 15 minutes the two shishiodoshi go off at the same time exactly six times. (Don't ask how, I always sucked at maths.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:18   Link #178
Uribatake

Thanks, Kuromitsu. I wish the official site had an English version.
Uribatake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 05:59   Link #179
ookamigirl

The guys sure had some fun in the resort ^^
Everyone was enjoying it. The puzzles were kinda so-so though.
Pretty relaxed episode.

ookamigirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 21:38   Link #180
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 9: