AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-29, 01:33   Link #1
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
hand seals... too lazy to do em?

whens the last time naruto acutally did the kage bunshin hand seal??? the last time i remeber was when he foght haku... ever since that, he just crosses his fingers and make bushins.

also does byakugan require hand seals??? cuz hinata uses the seals to use her byaugan... and neji just does it....

shika just holds his hand n finger and then shadows come out.

ino just makes a triangle with her hands and her souls come out...

choji just says meat tank, and he morphs into a ball..

i am begining to wonder if hand seals are even necessary.

no one bothers using them...

only exception is during the hokage vs oro battle....
Old 2004-03-29, 01:44   Link #2
Merco
I like pie

Here is my theory...

After a while of doing the seals... Kishimoto drops down from Heaven (Yeah, we all know in any anime, the writer is god) and tells Naruto, *insert random name here*, and *insert another random name again*, that you have used the full version enough times, and all you have to do now is imagine yourself doing all the seals while doing the last hand form and you'll be fine. As far as climatic battles, God loves to watch an impressive display of jutsus, and interfering the event already in progress would downplay any entertainment he might have by watching them fight.

... ok that was a joke.

I'd hate to be repetetive of some of the people in this forum... but does it really matter whether all the seals are in exactly the correct order. All we really need to know is that they do the seal, and they complete it without any problems. Writing every single jutsu combination out would turn a fighting event into a mindless amount of flapping hands combined with a few sparks and a bunch of random kicks and knife throws.
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 01:52   Link #3
epyon96

Hand seals help you meld chakra properly. However, if you know how to mold the chakra, you can avoid it. For instance, Rensanga has hand seals but it's long and tedius to remember so Naruto learns the alternative.

I imagine that's the case with others as well. Bushin only requires the last one to execute but doing the previous hand sealls helps mold the correct chakra.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 01:56   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company

The handseals help the ninja focus and concentrate his chakara. Once a ninja is good enough at manipulating his chakara for a specific jutsu, handseals are no longer required for it. Think of them as training wheels for a bike,if riding a bike was 100 x harder than it is.
Old 2004-03-29, 01:57   Link #5
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH
whens the last time naruto acutally did the kage bunshin hand seal??? the last time i remeber was when he foght haku... ever since that, he just crosses his fingers and make bushins.

also does byakugan require hand seals??? cuz hinata uses the seals to use her byaugan... and neji just does it....

shika just holds his hand n finger and then shadows come out.

ino just makes a triangle with her hands and her souls come out...

choji just says meat tank, and he morphs into a ball..

i am begining to wonder if hand seals are even necessary.

no one bothers using them...

only exception is during the hokage vs oro battle....
Got me there, checkmate...

Made by Raijin @ Naruto EX
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 02:08   Link #6
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

hmm Kakashi and Zabuza does a lot of hand seals in their fight but those jutsu weren't usual I guess. Kamui4356 must be right. ^____^ oro?
Old 2004-03-29, 02:10   Link #7
Merco
I like pie

If the Hokage mastered over a thousand jutsus *keyword being mastered*, then why would he need to go through any complicated jutsu formation. He should be able to set most of them up without forming too many seals...

Spoiler:
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 02:14   Link #8
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
u sure man?.. then wats the fuss of oro saying stuff bout "blue" is the chakra n "yellow" is the seals, together u get "green" the jutsu...

if those seals are useless.. then y do those high lvl ppl use em??

also y do hinnata need to use handseals for her bykugan?? she sux at using it? and needs hand seals?

personally i think they should not ignore the handseals in figh scenes, cuz it makes it look cooler, and it much more formal.

without it is just going to boxing without boxers, or go to a restaurant in jeans... its just wrong man...
Old 2004-03-29, 02:35   Link #9
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merco
If the Hokage mastered over a thousand jutsus *keyword being mastered*, then why would he need to go through any complicated jutsu formation. He should be able to set most of them up without forming too many seals...

Spoiler:
Actually if my theory is right, someone who knows a lot of jutsu would be more likely to need handseals than someone who only has a few main jutsu. If you basicly use the same few jutsu over and over, you'd develop a sense for how the chakara is supposed to flow for them, while if you know hundreds or thousands of jutsu, then you wouldn't be able to develop enough familiarity with any of them to use them without handseals. Sort of a tradeoff I guess. On one hand you could know only a few jutsu, but be so good with them that hand seals are redundent, or know a lot of jutsu so you have something for any possible situation, but have to perform handseals to use them.
edit: I have a feeling that Naruto will be the one to break this pattern. Since he sucked so badly at controling chakara in the begining, he'll probably become so good at controlling it that he'll be able to do any jutsu without handseals.
Old 2004-03-29, 02:42   Link #10
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Jesus, it is because the animators don't want to draw them out every dam time someone does a jutsu.

It is as simple as that.
Old 2004-03-29, 03:04   Link #11
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
Earlier before the fight Neji used the handseals to use hgis byakugan (i think) to see inside of Shino, also in the fight against Naruto i see Neji uses his byakugan, and he is able to turn it of and on during the battle without saying the jutsu or use any hand seals except from the first time.
Old 2004-03-29, 03:08   Link #12
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
If you basicly use the same few jutsu over and over, you'd develop a sense for how the chakara is supposed to flow for them, while if you know hundreds or thousands of jutsu, then you wouldn't be able to develop enough familiarity with any of them to use them without handseals. Sort of a tradeoff I guess.
Yeah, it's kind of like neural pathways, I figure. The more you use a certain thought process in real life, the synapses get adjusted to that, and they send the electrical impulses along a more well paved road, so to speak. Since those neurons have been exercized more they fire a bit quicker. Since there are thousands of connectiosn that need to be made for every thought, that has the potential to be a lot quicker.

So, with the chakra flow...if you're normally diverting it a certain way, that involves muscles and mental control, so by repetition and fine tuned muscle/mental control, you can just sort of pull off the chakra redirection without the seals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
edit: I have a feeling that Naruto will be the one to break this pattern. Since he sucked so badly at controling chakara in the begining, he'll probably become so good at controlling it that he'll be able to do any jutsu without handseals.
Jutsu just require a certain amount of chakra to be present. The hand seals are just to help mold that up and control it. Naruto's got a bit of a different situation. He's got all the chakra he needs, he just has to keep it controlled. His strong will plays a big factor into forcing the chakra into place, and since he has so much of it, that's probably all he needs to do.

As far as Shika just clasping his fingers with one hand...that's all his jutsu's hand seal is as far as I can figure. He does say in the manga that it is "specialized chakra" so controlling of his shadows might be a clan bloodline ability.

Detroit's MVP of the 2003 NBA Finals goes to...the referees!
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 03:13   Link #13
Dryad
Steam Counter-Spoon 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
Jesus, it is because the animators don't want to draw them out every dam time someone does a jutsu.

It is as simple as that.
Well it took 10 posts for someone to realize or at least say that. But you're right they just don't want to draw them again and again. It would be cool the first couple of times but after 76 episodes people would complain that they waste too much time on hand seals and the story doesn't go on.

Founder of the moustache guy fanclub and member of A.S.S.
Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 03:55   Link #14
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Well I just remember seeing Sisy-gai using his "Katon" fire thing anyway he always uses his hand seal. 3 or 4 moves if I recall well. Everytime. And its a prety recent moove compare to Naruto's Kagebushin so its obvious that when the animators doesn't display those moves its not because they don't wanna show hand seals for whatever the reason its just that its not in the story. Maybe because Kishimoto didn't draw them in the mangas either but that they are obviously supposed to be there. Yes maybe a "Waste of time" but I still think they should put it. Hand seals are just too cool IMHO!
Old 2004-03-29, 04:07   Link #15
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th

It is as simple as that.
If they have to draw every single frame out regardless (camera angle changing, hair moving, leaves blowing around the character, etc.) what's the difference? Or, to be a bit more accurate, why not? They'll still have to draw the same panel regardless.

...or maybe I'm missing something...
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 05:01   Link #16
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merco
Maybe because he knows SO many of them, that he can't "specialize" in any of time. Meaning that, like other people said, he doesn't get used to using any of his 1000 jutsu's and not having to make all the hand symbols.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 05:45   Link #17
Chidori

the thing about being good enough to mold chakra so you dont have to use hand seals cant be true, otherwise
Spoiler:
Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 12:39   Link #18
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

No, that can still be true. You can't just seperate out one part of that particular argument. The jutsu's are performed by the moulding of chakra, and controlling it along the correct path. Think of it as damming it off a body of water. Moulding up the chakra increases the flow of the river, the hand seals dam the parts off where you don't want the chakra to exit from.

Detroit's MVP of the 2003 NBA Finals goes to...the referees!
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 12:49   Link #19
hob
Random Stupid Poster.

Send a message via AIM to hob Send a message via MSN to hob Send a message via Yahoo to hob
Do you think the Moustache guy performs handseals?
Old 2004-03-29, 13:12   Link #20
PaintBaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH
or go to a restaurant in jeans... its just wrong man...
Oops.

Anyway, I think the hand seals are implied. I think it was stated a bit earlier, but putting the hand seals in for each jitsu would get boring to watch the fights would not be quick paced. Beside Naruto has enough filler in it already. Hand Seals for every jitsu would stretch it out even more.
PaintBaller is offline   Reply With Quote