AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-03-29, 13:19   Link #21
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Magical land! (Magica-ru land!)
It seems Kagebunshin only needs one hand-seal, at least according to episode 72, where Sarutobi does it... Also, check out episode 54 when Jirayia performs Kuchyiose, is that even hand-seals!? I remember seeing Naruto do that too somewhere (spinning hands really fast when performing a jutsu)..
__________________
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 13:21   Link #22
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~ Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob
Do you think the Moustache guy performs handseals?
If that depend on the amount of chakra or hability, I guess it'd be like a 50 hands seal for a "bushin no jutsu"
__________________
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 19:05   Link #23
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
ok, I don't really agree with the last post (don't feel like quoting today). every jutsu requires a certain combination of handseals: yor' basicly only able to do them once you have completed the seals. that's my theory, because every time a character makes a handseal there is this weird sound, and then they do the jutsu. like with naruto's summoning technique. Jiraya doesn't do any seals though, so I guess I'll stick with both ideas: The writers didn't feel like drawing them every time again and the characters don't have to use them for familiar techniques.
__________________
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 19:16   Link #24
OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Totally in Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob
Do you think the Moustache guy performs handseals?
Nah...in a fight with Tie-jutsu he'd have to have the ability to make hand seals with 1 hand, which we've only seen Haku do. He probably just has a limited number of jutsu, and so is used to working with those few.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 19:38   Link #25
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Nah...in a fight with Tie-jutsu he'd have to have the ability to make hand seals with 1 hand, which we've only seen Haku do. He probably just has a limited number of jutsu, and so is used to working with those few.
what is a Tie-jutsu?
__________________
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 19:51   Link #26
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 32
Windsor Knot no jutsu!

Dude...being able to tie a tie with one hand is the ultimate pimp skill
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 19:55   Link #27
OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Totally in Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto Maniac
what is a Tie-jutsu?
Tie-jutsu? The most forbidden of the shinobi arts. There's a reason Moustache Guy is the only one in the anime with a tie.

All you need to know about it is...when you see him loosening his tie...run.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 20:04   Link #28
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~ Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Tie-jutsu? The most forbidden of the shinobi arts. There's a reason Moustache Guy is the only one in the anime with a tie.

All you need to know about it is...when you see him loosening his tie...run.

Man..Your high on crack.
__________________
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 20:22   Link #29
OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Totally in Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Man..Your high on crack.
What you say?!

*loosens tie*
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 21:12   Link #30
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a jar
Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
someone said something bout handseals stretching the filler thingy... i rather watch the handseals than watching an useless episode of naruto getting ram by bulls... they should just replace the freaking fillers with handseals instead of useless stuff... like that bull or recap episode things.. freaking wasting bloody-once-a-long-ass-week-waiting-for-naruto episodes....
__________________
+ + = KATON "パンダ火の玉"
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 22:14   Link #31
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vana'Diel
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
Jesus, it is because the animators don't want to draw them out every dam time someone does a jutsu.

It is as simple as that.
Your probably right.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 22:33   Link #32
LithKage
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: College Station, TX
My 2 Cents

Interesting theories. I just have one question.

If familiarity brings about a lack of seals, and hand seals may be needed to form less familiar jutsus then why is it such a big deal that Haku could do it onehanded?

If she was so good she wouldn't have needed any. Thus I am forced to agree with Hiko Seijuro 14th:


"... it is because the animators don't want to draw them out every dam time someone does a jutsu."

Last edited by LithKage; 2004-03-29 at 23:04.
LithKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 22:53   Link #33
orochidp
Hide the kids
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Like it has been said before, It's too much work to draw every single hand seal.

If you could do jutsu without Hand Seals, why would they bother teaching them at all?
orochidp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 23:54   Link #34
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by orochidp
Like it has been said before, It's too much work to draw every single hand seal.

If you could do jutsu without Hand Seals, why would they bother teaching them at all?
Wasn't it established by Jairyai in the manga later on that some moves like the one of the fourths signiture move don't require handseals and can be done with straight chakra manipulation if you're good. However, the handseals help channel it properly.

It's cannon if it's in the manga said by a knowledgeble character right?

And about Haku and Itachi being good at handseals; one being able to do one handed seals and the other being really fast at it. Can it not be that they just didn't practice every move they know enough without handseals? Because it took Naruto a bit of practice to learn the move without handseals.

Spoiler:


EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 00:14   Link #35
OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Totally in Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LithKage
Interesting theories. I just have one question.

If familiarity brings about a lack of seals, and hand seals may be needed to form less familiar jutsus then why is it such a big deal that Haku could do it onehanded?

If she was so good she wouldn't have needed any. Thus I am forced to agree with Hiko Seijuro 14th:


"... it is because the animators don't want to draw them out every dam time someone does a jutsu."
A good portion of it probably is like Hiko says, the common sense, not wanting to draw it every time reason.

The resaon Haku doing it 1 handed is unusual is because it's kind of weird. You either do the thing with both hands, or none...you don't use one. It's probably just that his bloodline is something that only uses one handed seals.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 01:42   Link #36
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vana'Diel
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
We've seen some seals formed by sasuke in episode 70'ish, i dont think the animators are being lazy.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 02:08   Link #37
OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Totally in Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
We've seen some seals formed by sasuke in episode 70'ish, i dont think the animators are being lazy.
Maybe replace "lazy" with "can't". I don't mean, "unable to draw them.", I mean, say they know they have 5 minutes for this certain block of fights. 3:20 is taken up by dialogue...so they can either use that time to draw hand seals, or the resultant impressive attack.

Personally, I'd rather a couple extra frames of the Raikiri looking cool instead of a wasted 2-3 seconds on him forming the seals.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 20:48   Link #38
Ogata
Underling
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Angelic Layer Stadium
well shinobi are suppose to perform alot of seals in less then half a second and maybe that's why we wern't able to see them do it assuming they've done it in the right order
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.