AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-01-27, 00:17   Link #41
shikamarufoo

I like music no matter what kind it is, though I dislike hardcore rap as it seems most of them are talking about killing someone or making money. I like slow jams, japanese anime music, love and rap put together songs, and a few other genres though I've never listened to hardcore rap.

Music that gives me images in my head is music and music that makes you think and listen to the lyrics. Music is lyrics put into a rhythm which convey the feeling the artist's words. Music can be something to calm you down, excite you, make you dance, and so many more emotions...

Most American rap is garbage as rap has no more originality, that's not to say all rap is garbage, but rapping about something 500+ times usually is.
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 10:17   Link #42
Animoid
So what?

Send a message via ICQ to Animoid
Music is huge part of my life, because I playing bass guitar in metal band
Also music is background of my life. I my favorite styles are metal, punk and j-music, and such bands as (USA)KoRn, SoAD, Bloodhound Gang, NoFX, The Offspring and Metallica;(Russian) Lumen, Zveroforma, I.F.K, Pups, Jane Air, Kirpichi(in english means bricks) Psyhea; (Japan) The Pillows, Sream of Presidents.
P.s If you want to hear russian groups, I can take you some links.
Animoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 23:15   Link #43
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

My take on music is quite similar to a couple of what people have already said, which is they allow me to reminisce the event that I heard it from or to what I associate it to. That takes care of about half of the music I like. For the other half, it's the melody of the song. I don't really care about lyrics, and I think of the singer's voice as another instrument. IMO, music should have you relax and be calm. That's probably why I usually pick quiet and tranquil tunes as my favorites.

Nihaha~
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 04:04   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

To answer the OP .... "yes" .... I like music as diverse as AC/DC to Tibetan folk chants or Beethoven to Jethro Tull ... to KOTOKO to the AIR OST to traditional Japanese and traditional indian sitar to Dean frigging Martin. ... I like europop, industrial, trance .... about the only music I don't like is that pretend country music out of nashville (I like bluegrass and appalachian gospel) and that corporate gangsta crap where they are all too busy posturing to actually make music.

My music collection looks crazy to most people...
Old 2006-02-16, 01:26   Link #45
Princess Serena

Music is a passion to me. I've grown up with it. I've been playing the piano since I was 5 and been singing since.. oh who knows... (but recently started taking lessons)

Music means the world to me. I can live without the computer, without T.v, without hanging out with my friends etc...

But without listening to my favourite bands (Nightwish, Pearl Jam, Queens Of The Stone Age, Silverchair, Masterplan..etc...) its like torture.

The lyircs and melodies just get to me. In a way that words can't express.

In short,

Music is my passion, and my love. Thats what it means to me. <3.

Princess Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 04:02   Link #46
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Music is like a best friend. It's helping me, if I'm depressed. It's giving me inspirations, when I need them. A essence of my life and I love music. Now, at the moment, I'm listening to "Onmyouza - Kouga Ninpou Chou" and it's giving me strengh for the day... God, I feel like grabbing an e-guitar and forget about everything, just breaking the limit of my life for something more, faster than ultrasonic. Yes, music is something more, at least for my emotions.

Aesir
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:28   Link #47
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
Music is a form of relaxation to me...i practically just drown in my music when im tired, sad, angry, down, or just bored...it helps me reflect on things and think of solutions to my problems...it gives me inspiration and motivation to do something depending on what im listening to...it help me pass the time and let's me visualize....for example, a long time ago, i only listened to music to visualize my own anime, my own stories and my own inspirations, i didnt really have any particular music that i liked but in time music has somewhat molded me to think in a different way than before...if i didnt have music, i would never get to unload my stress and have my own time to myself...

I never bothered to make another sig... haha -""_ -
Crimen Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 09:30   Link #48
real folk blues..

my ipod has become my pacemaker
Old 2006-07-07, 05:12   Link #49
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
a friend that always cheer me up in a diffrent way from my school friends.
Old 2006-07-07, 13:39   Link #50
gits2ndgig
vash trigun fan of gits

music isnt just an obsesion its life
gits2ndgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 13:44   Link #51
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Music is life (and a way to make $$$; see my sig for more details ).

@Animoid: Кирпичи, хи-хи-хи.
Old 2006-07-07, 14:00   Link #52
Chi-chan
Persocom

Music is one of the most important things in my life. Most of what I do is influenced by the music I listen do. Me and my friends know each other cause we all have the same music tastes, the clothes I wear and based onthe music I listen to and I also play guitar =] which is one of my major hobbies. Like many people before me have said, it's a way of life, and it is.
Chi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 14:32   Link #53
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
Music -n:
Any sound that has a pattern.

Noise -n:
Arbitrary (random) sound.

Sounds are usually carried through a medium such as air, but travel faster the more solid a medium is such as water or steel. That's why sonar works well for underwater scans and sucks in the air. For air they use radar. (Of course definitions and an explanation is what you get when you ask an engineer).

Personally, music helps me think faster. I mostly enjoy rock metal (ROCK ON!!!) and sometimes techno (helps me think). Metal helps me think too. I hate rap with a passion.

| | |
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 18:48   Link #54
Thaimex

Send a message via Yahoo to Thaimex
Music is just another form of entertainment for me. It also relaxes me when Im stressed, angry, or sad.
Thaimex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 23:02   Link #55
strangeness_dss
unstable

I'm a big fan of game music, anime BGM & original artists music, original soundtracks from movies. There is a lot of great music the anime has to offer whether from classical instruments, vocals or keyboards.

I enjoy music from all instruments. I search all the time for music pieces that inspire me and explain a certain emotion I cannot otherwise pin point so much that it gives me chills because at that moment I feel truely loved and alive.
strangeness_dss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 01:28   Link #56
aperson

Music is a compilation of sounds, human or electronic. What one considers arbitrary noise, some person might find some music in it.

I can listen to any type of music except rap and hiphop (if I heard those on the radio, I would automatically switch it), though my preference is eurodance.

The actual lyrics don't matter as long as they flow with the song (eg. bubblegummy Aqua, or foreign songs), and the voice has to match the song (personal preference).

An excellent song is one that you want to get the moment you hear it, play it on repeat for a week, get sick of it, and really wanting to listen to it three months later. No matter what mood you're in, that is the song you want to listen to.

My selection of excellent songs is very limited since I am very picky regarding my song selection. I may like one song, but may hate a similar song. It boils down to a gut feeling when listening to new songs.
Eg:
Dj Rad - Round and Round
Elemental ft. Gina G - Heaven
Dion - Maybe Baby

There are many other great songs, but are mood/time/something dependent. Remember, I am extremely picky about songs (only have 180MB of songs on my 512 mp3 player even though I have GBs of songs).

And one last comment:
You will know a great song when you hear it. Good songs (in my opinion) will go unnoticeable the first time but can grow on you as time passes.

One example of a great song is Dragostea Din Tei. It was a great song for a while and then the "Numa Numa" animation spread through the internet and most people (that I know) regard the song as a joke and think "techno is stupid". It would probably still be on my mp3 player if not for that animation. I'm glad that many more people were exposed to this song, but not for this reason.
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 06:14   Link #57
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Music is like my pillow, its there when I need to hit it. I do listen to music (mostly local rock) when I'm feeling down and sad, or when I need some motivation to work on a project or school stuff.

Music inspired/is inspiring me to do my best in things I do. The messages the lyrics, or even just the harmony gives, lifts my 'spirits' and often pushes me to give it my all. It is like a part of my soul already, and I wouldn't know how I would go on without it.

I have a decent background in music theory, and I play a couple of instruments (plus I sing on choirs). I really wish music would touch other lives as it has touched mine. ^_^
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 21:18   Link #58
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
aperson, when I mean arbitrary noise, I mean random samples. Turn on your TV tuned into nothing and that fizzy sound is what pure noise is. It has no pattern and thus is not music. Anything you might hear (voices and such in noise) is generated by your mind. Try listening to noise, and try to listen to voices. You'll hear them because you want to hear them and your mind finds a way to project voices into the noise.

On an artisic level, some might say their Alarm Clock is noise. Even a beeping clock alarm is music because there's a pattern in it.

| | |
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 22:27   Link #59
aperson

I understand what you're trying to say but for my context, I had a different meaning. Some people do not consider certain genres of music actual 'music'. Death metal may be considered 'screaming' by some people and do not classify it as music so it's just arbitrary noise to them.

You do not have to like a certain type of music, but to deny its existence is ignorant.
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 22:53   Link #60
Hitsugaya_OWNS
Break it Down

To me music is paint. It comes in many different shades, hues and colors but all of these different paints do the same thing, they create a vivid images in the mind. These may be of Joy, Sadness, Chaos, or Calm but all music conveys a certain feel just like art. Everybody will have there preferances over paints, however all these colors and shades, not just one, can be used to make the art seen in your minds eye. Like it or not all of these colors make up what we call music.
Hitsugaya_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote